Page 251 of 593 FirstFirst ... 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 ... LastLast
Results 6,251 to 6,275 of 14818
    Anyone mount a k116 at -1? I've always mounted on the line especially for RES skis but just curious on thoughts on this

Quote Originally Posted by skibass View Post
    Anyone mount a k116 at -1? I've always mounted on the line especially for RES skis but just curious on thoughts on this
    Yes. Mine were at -1cm and I loved them (I ski Wrens and BG’s so the Kartel felt better to me -1cm in all versions).

Not as set in concrete on the Kartels mounting point compared to other ON3P.
    You should have been here yesterday!

Skied K108 this past weekend and skied much Better at -2 vs 0. Id say do it!

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

I tried em at +1 and -1 and the line they were best on the line. But still not my style. I’m pretty sensitive to mount point. They for sure worked at the others but....

I prefer mine at -1.5 to -2. Skied them from the line to there with demo bindings

Quote Originally Posted by SkiLyft View Post
    Skied K108 this past weekend and skied much Better at -2 vs 0.
    0 as in recommended line, right? Can you describe how it skied better at -2? I want to get the K108 but afraid I won’t be able to drive the shovels as much as I’d like from the recommended line...

Quote Originally Posted by AltaOmega View Post
    I want to get the K108 but afraid I won’t be able to drive the shovels as much as I’d like from the recommended line...
    Kartel series isn't really tip driving ski, best way to describe it is that they don't really demand but prefer you ski more centered, hence the more forward recommended mount point

i waffled for a bit being a directional skier and all, even asked here and the crew at on3p their thoughts, most directional skiers (just over half who commented) here said on the line is just great for the K108. crew at on3p mentioned they recommend on the line but say no more than +/- 2 cm from rec.

the idea is if you aren't mounting recommended then you are trying to make the ski something it isn't, if you like a tip driver the wren series may be more up your alley, or if you ski a lot of 6+" fresh and soft variable tracked/crud the billy goat may be more to your suiting

don't get me wrong, i can drive my K108's, they just don't respond as much to that as my wrens or goats for that matter - still a super fun ski tho - it is my daily driver

I liked them a lot at -2

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

To clarify I have K108s that I mounted on the line and wished I had a bit more shovel- thus when I got the K116s figured that -1/-2 might do the trick. The k108s were always more intuitive than my wrens but still loved them and bgs. I guess I can go both ways. But I know with RES skis you need to ski them on the line to get the most out of them. I'll try my k116s -1.5/-2 given they will be bigger snow day skis. I'll report back how they feel. At the end of the day, the whole line up does the trick for me. ON3P just knows how to build skis.

Definitely not trying to make the ski something they aren't. But think for my style of skiing I can ski them centered and still hit the sweet spot at -1/ -2 that may suit me better. Still more intuitive than Wrens without sacrificing the sweet spot. If I'm wrong someone in gear swap will end up with a sweet set up. Regardless, I feel like I can make both skis work just trying to find some middle ground. maybe the woodsman is the ticket but in the meantime i'll experiment.

Quote Originally Posted by detuned View Post
    Kartel series isn't really tip driving ski, best way to describe it is that they don't really demand but prefer you ski more centered, hence the more forward recommended mount point

i waffled for a bit being a directional skier and all, even asked here and the crew at on3p their thoughts, most directional skiers (just over half who commented) here said on the line is just great for the K108. crew at on3p mentioned they recommend on the line but say no more than +/- 2 cm from rec.

the idea is if you aren't mounting recommended then you are trying to make the ski something it isn't, if you like a tip driver the wren series may be more up your alley, or if you ski a lot of 6+" fresh and soft variable tracked/crud the billy goat may be more to your suiting

don't get me wrong, i can drive my K108's, they just don't respond as much to that as my wrens or goats for that matter - still a super fun ski tho - it is my daily driver
    The way Blister describes it is basically demanding a centered stance, so it’s good to hear otherwise. Don’t get me wrong, I definitely want a more playful off-piste ski to slash, pivot, huck, with stiff underfoot/softer tips&tails... But I still like to drive the shovels when I eventually get back onto a groomer which is why I’m considering -1 or -2. I have the Rustler11 that checks all those boxes at a wider width, and feel the K108 would check those boxes while being burlier, narrower, and more of an everyday ski for Alta/Snowbird, would you agree? Perhaps the Woodsman will fill that spot even better....

I disagree with the comment that if you aren’t mounting at recommended you’re making the ski something it isn’t, just tunes the ski to your style better. I have/like tip driven charges, the Kartel isn’t that. But at -2 it’s a very playful charger that likes a more centered stance, floats better, and has a tail that releases with ease. Enough shovel to get into and support you when you get after it

I went back and forth a lot before mounting my k116s on the line. Had I read PowTrons input three days ago I might have gone back a bit - or I probably would have. I figured I should try them at recommended first, and then go back if the tails were too long for how I like to ski.

I do not foresee tip dive being an issue at my weight. The rocker line/splay is still awesome, so I figured at recommended might make them more nimble and balanced.

My k108s are mounted on the line too, but a bit shorter tails wouldn't hurt and could potentially increase their charginess a bit. Dunno. They are very good at recommended too

after this season i may just move my binders back 2cm on my Kartels - just to see what the difference is, who knows i may not even notice any change especially after a summer

i do think the woodsman will fit the spot for skiers looking for the kartel playfulness with a wren charginess so i may just have to get a pair of those in the interest of science of course

i find my older goats to fit that slot quite nicely for me, a ski that is nimble as heck in tight trees, playful and has the ability to charge super hard as long as there is reasonably soft snow underneath you - the goats only lack great performance on firm pack, you can still get around but not as comfortably as the wren or even kartel on firmer snow

Sorry to switch gears here. I too have often considered going with a K108 at -1,-2, but can anyone remind me of where Alex and the ON3P fleet will be over the next month? Would love to A/B a K108 a few cms back with a Woodsman.

Iggy ... what's up with the 'clear sidewall' option? same material? what's it look like finished?

Quote Originally Posted by N1CK. View Post
    Iggy ... what's up with the 'clear sidewall' option? same material? what's it look like finished?
    I need to change the name. Moving it to natural, as it doesn't come out clear on a ski. Looks like sort of dark transparent blue, depending on the topsheet. Icelantic has used it a lot, so you have probably seen it on their skis before. I think it looks good with the right topsheet (something more neutral) and think it is distracting on something darker than it, personally.
    Seriously, this can’t turn into yet another ON3P thread....

On a related note, any pics of the new (?) black and white topsheet option?

Also considering purple + green sidewalls.

Just ordered a Kartel 96 with purple topsheet + green side wall. Can't wait to get it. Replacing a wood veneer pair that went flying off a roof rack.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by noturnsnecessary View Post
    On a related note, any pics of the new (?) black and white topsheet option?

Also considering purple + green sidewalls.
    Honestly, I think it keeps going out before we take photos. That said, it's just like you would imagine.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screen Shot 2019-02-22 at 6.14.57 PM.png 
Views:	189 
Size:	382.2 KB 
ID:	270976

the michael jackson co labs

Quote Originally Posted by klauss View Post
    the michael jackson co labs
    If it was, we'd have to debate which MJ ski was for the more famous MJ.

It don't matter if you're black or white
    -mike

Quote Originally Posted by klauss View Post
    It don't matter if you're black or white
    -mike
    Ebony and ivory
    Live together in perfect harmony
    Side by side on my piano keyboard
    Oh Lord, why don't we?
    Daniel Ortega eats here.