Page 1 of 593 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Talking ON3P SKIS Discussion

Ok, so the peer pressure finally got to me. Let's move onward and upward.

Continue the discussion HERE from the thread located THERE: https://www.tetongravity.com/forums/...nd-Lust/page40

New Catalog for 2016/2017:
    https://issuu.com/on3pskis/docs/on3p...log_2016_issuu

New photos coming in hot shortly.
    Last edited by PowTron; 09-07-2017 at 07:10 PM. Reason: Thread title update
    You should have been here yesterday!

Beautiful lineup. Some very cool stuff, like the extra explanation on the specs and features in the Issuu

189 98 Wtenegades will be purchased next year... And to confirm PowTron they will still charge like their larger brother 108... I want a 95 to 100 underfoot ski, but I still want it to get after it...

And by far the best lineup you guys have put out... Still rocking the orig 191 112 underfoot graffiti Wrenegade...

I'm thinking a 98 Wren and a BG would make up the perfect 2-ski quiver...

That OG wren is one of my all time favorite skis. My is a bit hammered, but I am always Loki f for something that rides like that 191.

189 Wren 108 charges like the old 191

I skied the 98 wren at the Loveland demo day, freaking great ski. Don't have experience on the older Wrens for reference, but the 98 lived up to my expectations for laying trenches and wanting to go fast. Shockingly easy to break out of a turn though and more nimble than I thought they would be.

Quote Originally Posted by jvskinn View Post
    I skied the 98 wren at the Loveland demo day, freaking great ski. Don't have experience on the older Wrens for reference, but the 98 lived up to my expectations for laying trenches and wanting to go fast. Shockingly easy to break out of a turn though and more nimble than I thought they would be.
    Have you skied the Blizzard Bonafide? I wonder how they'd compare.

Quote Originally Posted by mikdes26 View Post
    Have you skied the Blizzard Bonafide? I wonder how they'd compare.
    Never been on the bonafide, don't really have a a ton of experience on other skis for reference.

That goat topsheet, though. I know it skis the same as the old one and is a little more dialed, but I wish there was still a 191 at 118mm underfoot...
    wait!!!! waitwaitwaitwaitwaitwaitwaitwait...Wait!
    Zoolander wasn't a documentary?

Quote Originally Posted by SupreChicken View Post
    I know it skis the same as the old one and is a little more dialed
    Have you skied it? I'll wait until someone who's not affiliated with ON3P confirms that before I get too interested. That new C&D shape looks sexy, too!

But I splurged and bought backup woodgrain 191 Goats with an extra-stiff tail, so no more pow skis for me for the next 5 years.
    "Alpine rock and steep, deep powder are what I seek, and I will always find solace there." - Bean Bowers

photos

Quote Originally Posted by Undertow View Post
    189 98 Wtenegades will be purchased next year... And to confirm PowTron they will still charge like their larger brother 108... I want a 95 to 100 underfoot ski, but I still want it to get after it...

And by far the best lineup you guys have put out... Still rocking the orig 191 112 underfoot graffiti Wrenegade...
    The Wren 98 is more "wren-like" than the current Wren 102...it charges but is a little more nimble than the 108 due to width, obviously. Same rocker and flex profile as the 108.

Quote Originally Posted by jvskinn View Post
    Glad you liked them. It was cold out that day...or I am just a pussy now.

Quote Originally Posted by Muggydude View Post
    Beautiful lineup. Some very cool stuff, like the extra explanation on the specs and features in the Issuu
    Gracias. We really tried to expand the tech section for the spec nerds out there (I am one of those, too)

Moving onward and upward. Billygoat stoke!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ImageUploadedByTGR Forums1455294180.543026.jpg 
Views:	1406 
Size:	52.6 KB 
ID:	176678

Quote Originally Posted by PowTron View Post
    The Wren 98 is more "wren-like" than the current Wren 102...it charges but is a little more nimble than the 108 due to width, obviously. Same rocker and flex profile as the 108.
    Glad to hear you guys didn't dumb it down like the 102 was.

JV and POW thanks for the reply..! That is exactly what I wanted to hear... I will get with my shop and put an order in for the 189 98... I have wanted a sub 100 for a while that was similar to its bigger brother... Definitely stoked...

And SC I am with you... I will never part with my 191 118 underfoot Billys... At 6'4" and 205 lbs I need all the length and width (insert joke here) and the new dims don't do it for me... However, at my size I am not the norm...

And SC I am with you... I will never part with my 191 118 underfoot Billys... At 6'4" and 205 lbs I need all the length and width (insert joke here) and the new dims don't do it for me... However, at my size I am not the norm...
    I was somewhat hesitant at first coming off the 191 BG protos but have been perfectly content with the 189s, 6'2" and 190lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by auvgeek View Post
    no more pow skis for me for the next 5 years.
    let's put some money on that

I'd be interested in hearing a soft snow comparison between the new wren 108/cochise of the opportunity presents itself for someone.

It's 3 cm in length diff. That's not even considered just the tip. Hell, I'd take a 196 BG, but I doubt the difference b/w 189 to 191 and a few mm on width is noticeable. Now a 186 longest length on the wren was unacceptable glad they changed that.

Sold my 1st gen RES BGs but will get back in the game I thinks with next years model. The 196 bodacious I have are definitely not as versatile or fun in pow and the BG has 80-90% of the stability.

Some ol 191 stoke

Quote Originally Posted by klauss View Post
    It's 3 cm in length diff. That's not even considered just the tip. Hell, I'd take a 196 BG, but I doubt the difference b/w 189 to 191 and a few mm on width is noticeable.
    I think everyone is losing site of the comments that the length reduction was accomplished by chopping 2cm off the tail, and only so the 191 could be called a 189. 19x is too intimidating a number on retailers' websites.

Cheers,
    Thom
    Galibier Design
    crafting technology in service of music

Quote Originally Posted by klauss View Post
    It's 3 cm in length diff. That's not even considered just the tip. Hell, I'd take a 196 BG, but I doubt the difference b/w 189 to 191 and a few mm on width is noticeable. Now a 186 longest length on the wren was unacceptable glad they changed that.

Sold my 1st gen RES BGs but will get back in the game I thinks with next years model. The 196 bodacious I have are definitely not as versatile or fun in pow and the BG has 80-90% of the stability.

Some ol 191 stoke
    I hear and no the difference between the two are negligible... I would take a 193 if they made it... I also own 196 Renegades and love the length and ski... Scott's decision to go sub 190 was brilliant as the 190+ market is minimal... My shop won't carry anything over 189 and has to be special ordered...

And agree with you on the 186 Wren... I own the first generation 191 and will use them until they die...

Shit, I went from a 191 BG to a 186, and really noticed no difference. Since we're comparing height and weight. 5 foot 9. 220lbs.
    Training for Alpental

To follow up on the 14/15 thread, I wrote in post #958 (https://www.tetongravity.com/forums/s...Lust?p=4662056):
    Quote Originally Posted by galibier_numero_un View Post
    Wrenegade 112 (186 cm): This is the ski that first brought up the thoughts about the devil on your shoulder. It's solid as a rock, and very reminiscent of my original 181 Coombas (no rocker), although I'm sure if I went back to them, I'd discover that they'd be more of a challenge to negotiate tight terrain (releasing the tip or tail when necessary). I'd definitely find a spot for this ski in my quiver, but based on my skier profile (noted above), it would be a "final piece". For others, I can see it being the first piece. I would have loved to see how it handled deep stuff, but today was not the day for this.
    Yesterday, I took out my 181 Coombas (2nd year production/no rocker) and (surprise!) my memory was accurate. While they're very similar, the key differences were as I recall - that the 108 Wrens allow you to release the tip/tail more easily when you need to navigate through tight spots, rocks, tight chokes, etc. The Wrens also initiate turns quite a bit more quickly. IOW, all of the good points of the Coomba with the added bonus that you can ski them more easily in tight spots. What's not to like?

Cheers,
    Thom
    Last edited by galibier_numero_un; 02-12-2016 at 11:28 AM.
    Galibier Design
    crafting technology in service of music

Mmmmm. Looks like a good lineup. The new Wren 98 sounds good but I am also intrigued by the Wren 88. Might be the perfect midwest tele ski to replace my ancient much beloved Sickbirds. I ride 180 Brahma's with training heels and they rock but they'd be a bit too demanding for me on teleboards. Can't wait to hear some reviews! To me these seem like targeted Brahma and Bonafide killers for people that need/want bigger guns...slightly longer turning radius with ON3P's ridiculous dampness for maching. Assuming they rip on ice/hardpack these could be great.