Page 271 of 599 FirstFirst ... 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 ... LastLast
Results 6,751 to 6,775 of 14965
    Ugh...

Do I want a 96 or a 108? Gonna be the perfect complement to the LP Pro for the days I don't want to go mach schnell.

BGs doing BG things.Name:  IMG_20190407_165441_522.jpeg
Views: 1151
Size:  43.4 KB

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using TGR Forums mobile app

Quote Originally Posted by cstefanic View Post

Does that mean the two of you started to get along?
    In constant pursuit of the perfect slarve...

Quote Originally Posted by Bandit Man View Post
    Does that mean the two of you started to get along?
    It's complicated! They did really well with the heavy 8" at Crystal two weeks ago by just bowling over everything. I still think for regular boot top pow that the GPO are more my style, but I can see these having a spot. Need a few more trial days.
    Last edited by cstefanic; 04-22-2019 at 09:33 PM.

You ski double black diamonds?

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Gnar_Shralp406 View Post
    You ski double black diamonds?
    Man, I wish. Just propped up for the pic, but the BG railed the green circle behind me. One day!

Any camber profile pics of the Wren 108ti?

Quote Originally Posted by gaijin View Post
    Pretty sure it's the same profile and ski as the normal Wren.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Is it big boy stiff? Or can my 5'8" 160lb self GS the 184? Does it require speed to turn? Is it a dawg at low speeds, like in flat light? Does it crank medium radius GS arcs while allowing you to drag hip... or is the radius too long and medium radius turns are better surfed?

On paper, it looks like it might be my Hakuba resort non-storm day ski. Concern is the radius is too long if it's too stiff for any medium speeds/turns.
    Its stiff but nothing crazy. It is damper than the wren 114 and 186 bodacious but it is also easier to ski. I took it through a few moguls and it didn't give me any problems. I didn't feel like it was a ski that would fatigue me in the afternoon and it was fairly maneuverable for how how strong a ski it was.

Keep in mind that I weight 50lbs more than you and I cannot comment what it would ski like if I was 160. What other chargers have you been on that you liked?

May want to email Scott and see what he recommends.

We'll actually have real rocker photos this year (first time), so as soon as I finish processing them I will put them up. Spent last weekend building a permanent ski lightbox and it has made getting quick product/rocker photos way easier. Haven't done bases yet, but that is next. Sort of felt like the olden days where we spent all our time building stuff to help build skis, but not skis.

Let there be light.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_6129.JPG 
Views:	146 
Size:	262.9 KB 
ID:	279751

So we've got updated product pages (line wide) plus landing pages for the Wren TI, Jeffrey, and Woodsman all in process or close to completion - so a lot more details on the way. We just literally had people emailing over and over to snag early Woodsman slots - and Magnus/Jeffrey are in stock and now shipping - so just couldn't wait anymore to get the skis in while we finish everything up.

Within the next week, there will be a lot more info out there.
    Seriously, this can’t turn into yet another ON3P thread....

I had previously posted that I had bought 184cm BG's and am mounted 4mm in front of the line as I'm reusing holes. I felt I couldn't drive the tips like I wanted, but they are super quick in the pow, pivoty, and fun. Enjoyed them on deep days in Mammoth, even if I could sink the tips when pressuring the tips.

Took them to AK last week. Skied them 1 day and they sat in the RV the rest of the week as I reached for my old skool Atomic Atlas. On big AK faces, with Ak snow (think super light facets on the top 3" with denser pow lower down) the sidecut and quick nature of the BG's were not super confidence inspiring. They felt a like the sidecut wanted to turn too quick and I still can't completely commit to driving the tips and when one is skiing 3k of vert super fast, at least this old fart, wants to be driving the tips and charging. Ended up liking the much longer turn radius of the 182cm mini Atlas which made the ski more predictable, the flat tail for hauling ass in front of sluff, and the significant tip rocker let me charge the front of that ski without fear of stuffing the tip coming in hot through sluff or chunder. I was an AK virgin and we nailed it scoring 6 days of clear epic condition, but was definitely a bit bummed that the BG wasn't the right ski for me in those conditions, on those ginormous faces at those speeds.

That said, still wondering about mounting my BG's back a bit or maybe trying a pair of 114 Wren's? Thoughts?
    He who has the most fun wins!

Sounds like it's the +4 thing more than the ski

Sent from my SM-G950W using TGR Forums mobile app

Lightbox photos are a welcome addition. On3p's topsheets leave something to be desired from photographs... I never saw the appeal of last year's bg topsheet till I saw one on snow. Man, do they pop. Absolutely digging the green magnus tops this year.

Quote Originally Posted by comish View Post
    I had previously posted that I had bought 184cm BG's and am mounted 4mm in front of the line as I'm reusing holes. I felt I couldn't drive the tips like I wanted, but they are super quick in the pow, pivoty, and fun. Enjoyed them on deep days in Mammoth, even if I could sink the tips when pressuring the tips.

Took them to AK last week. Skied them 1 day and they sat in the RV the rest of the week as I reached for my old skool Atomic Atlas. On big AK faces, with Ak snow (think super light facets on the top 3" with denser pow lower down) the sidecut and quick nature of the BG's were not super confidence inspiring. They felt a like the sidecut wanted to turn too quick and I still can't completely commit to driving the tips and when one is skiing 3k of vert super fast, at least this old fart, wants to be driving the tips and charging. Ended up liking the much longer turn radius of the 182cm mini Atlas which made the ski more predictable, the flat tail for hauling ass in front of sluff, and the significant tip rocker let me charge the front of that ski without fear of stuffing the tip coming in hot through sluff or chunder. I was an AK virgin and we nailed it scoring 6 days of clear epic condition, but was definitely a bit bummed that the BG wasn't the right ski for me in those conditions, on those ginormous faces at those speeds.

That said, still wondering about mounting my BG's back a bit or maybe trying a pair of 114 Wren's? Thoughts?
    Which bindings and boots? Your height and weight?

Quote Originally Posted by grinch View Post

Sent from my SM-G950W using TGR Forums mobile app
    +4mm is nothing

Quote Originally Posted by grinch View Post
    He said +4 mm, not cm

You sound like a prime candidate for Wrenegade114s too me. Nice price ones available here:

https://www.tetongravity.com/forums/...ings-Demos-etc

I would not change the mounting point on your BGs. Also, BGs have a way longer sidecut than Atlas' no?

It could also be that you prefer a more substantial / supportive tail, in which case Wren114s also should be more to your liking.

ON3P SKIS Discussion

Quote Originally Posted by iggyskier View Post
    We just literally had people emailing over and over to snag early Woodsman slots
    Awesome Scott. Glad to hear of such early demand. Protos arrived yesterday and look awesome. Pains me to wait 7 months to give ‘em a spin.
    Uno mas

Does anyone have a lot of time on the Woodsman 108 yet? I've seen people saying they demoed them for a few runs but I'd love to hear something more substantial.

Love to see if anyone can A and B the 192 and 187.

I'll probably buy a pair this summer regardless but curious as to how they ski.

Hmm. I skied with you once at a Mammoth mini back in the day, so I know you know how to ski. I wonder if the effective edge/flat tail has anything to do with the preference for the Atlas? IIRC, the BG has a ~29-m turn radius and the Atlas has something closer to the mid to low 20’s. Or maybe the Atlas has more shovel due to the mount point and that just works better for your style?

Bummer that they weren’t the right fit in AK. I
    cannot image wanting a different ski for such a trip.
    In constant pursuit of the perfect slarve...

ON3P SKIS Discussion

The Atlas mount is -10 to -12 from center IIRC, they’re very different skis. I owned the 192s. Fun ski.
    Last edited by Self Jupiter; 04-23-2019 at 09:12 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Bandit Man View Post
    IIRC, the BG has a ~29-m turn radius and the Atlas has something closer to the mid to low 20’s.
    This is correct, the 182cm Atlas has a 22m turn radius and the 184cm Billy Goat has a 28.6m turn radius. So I don't think that's the problem.

My guess is preference for flatter tail and more rearward mount. I have never had any issues with Billy Goats feeling too turny in wide open terrain, though, and I have had that issue on other skis.

Quote Originally Posted by adrenalated View Post
    My guess is preference for flatter tail and more rearward mount. I have never had any issues with Billy Goats feeling too turny in wide open terrain, though, and I have had that issue on other skis.
    I think you and I may be having the same feeling on the BGs. I've been struggling for a few days on them, and I also think it's just how centered they are compared to other skis I'm more comfortable on. If I just skied a little more centered and less "driven", they did exactly what they were designed to do, but anything more than that and they felt ponderous and hooky.

Quote Originally Posted by sf View Post
    Which bindings and boots? Your height and weight?
    Soli bindings, Doberman WC 130 boots, 5'9" 160.

Atlases have old Marker Duke's interestingly enough.

I think you and I may be having the same feeling on the BGs. I've been struggling for a few days on them, and I also think it's just how centered they are compared to other skis I'm more comfortable on. If I just skied a little more centered and less "driven", they did exactly what they were designed to do, but anything more than that and they felt ponderous and hooky.
    Yep.

I agree with other posters that it's likely the mount position of the BG's. Hence why I'm toying with going a bit further back. Like -1cm from the line? It is so close to what I want, but at the end of the day I don't ski centered, so like skis with a rear mount. I can definitely feel differences of 1cm for those doubting that it would make a difference. Not everyday on every run, but can definitely feel it.

Other thing I sometimes wonder about is my boots are a 295mm boot sole length, so small. Does that make me more sensitive to mount position? Thanks for the ideas everyone.