Page 285 of 594 FirstFirst ... 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 ... LastLast
Results 7,101 to 7,125 of 14839
    Quote Originally Posted by lucknau View Post
    Do they tax your knees more because they're too heavy, too fast, or why? Just wondering, because they're my goto skis as well, and my knees are a few years behind yours but catching up fast.
    Suspension is superb...you just cannot ski them slow. Just takes a toll and me knees feel it first. I’m finding something that does a little bit more of the work for me (smaller radius and not as stiff) allows me to ski longer and more often. A sad reality of aging.
    In constant pursuit of the perfect slarve...

Yesterday was a mighty fine day - new quiver #2!

The upgrade was done in order to consolidate this quiver into a three ski arsenal, making a few skis (kartel108s, rustler11s, wren96s, possibly wren114s and wren88s) redundant.

low tide - WC DH worthy groomer ripper: wrenegade 96ti 179 (bone stock)
    playful vs chargy daily driver aka 70% of the time ski: woodsman108 182 (stock with C&D graphics)
    pow shredstick: Woodsman116 182 (stock with BG graphic)

All to be mounted with Castified Pivots for ultimate FOMO readiness. These skis will likely see 85-95% inbounds use with a fair amount of groomer time - though with some pretty easily accessible terrain from the resorts. Cast just makes a ton of sense for the use. Boots are XTD 130s with beefed up liners for resort use - either XTD 120 liners or Intuition ProTongues, and ProTours for all day hikes.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20190806_1356075.jpg 
Views:	288 
Size:	1.67 MB 
ID:	290375Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20190806_1356183.jpg 
Views:	163 
Size:	1.78 MB 
ID:	290376Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20190806_1356343.jpg 
Views:	145 
Size:	2.11 MB 
ID:	290377Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20190806_1356466.jpg 
Views:	163 
Size:	1.28 MB 
ID:	290378

Couldn't be happier! ON3P delivered to A+ once again.
    Last edited by kid-kapow; 08-06-2019 at 07:06 AM.

Nicely done.

Wow! That is some serious quiver changes. Kid Kapow doesn’t clean no mess! Boom.

I look forward to your full review of the Wren Ti’s

Quote Originally Posted by kid-kapow View Post
    Yesterday was a mighty fine day - new quiver #2!

The upgrade was done in order to consolidate this quiver into a three ski arsenal, making a few skis (kartel108s, rustler11s, wren96s, possibly wren114s and wren88s) redundant.
    Those new BG graphics are nice!

What’s happening with the old quiver 👀

Saw those old BG top sheets on their IG and was curious who got em!! Insane quiver ya got there. Full plunge!

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Does anyone else find it a little odd that the Billy Goat is so completely and conspicuously absent from Blister reviews?

As a current BG owner (and it seems like there are a lot of us - or is that just a TGR thing?), I'd definitely be curious to hear more info about how other 115-ish skis compare.

Quote Originally Posted by VON View Post
    Does anyone else find it a little odd that the Billy Goat is so completely and conspicuously absent from Blister reviews?

As a current BG owner (and it seems like there are a lot of us - or is that just a TGR thing?), I'd definitely be curious to hear more info about how other 115-ish skis compare.
    The BG was covered in the Buyer’s Guide last year, so it’s not completely missing. I know how it compares to lots of other 115-mm skis, so I don’t need Blister to blather on about it.
    In constant pursuit of the perfect slarve...

Quote Originally Posted by VON View Post

My name is Michael, and I also own a pair of Billy Goats (189cm, 2018 model). <"Hi, Michael.">

I think Blister reviewers, because they strive provide information and opinions on a ski's performance in all conditions, end up giving (or appearing to give) more love to all around performance skis. The standout all around skis get more mentions because they're used as baseline models for comparison. I think it's an unfortunate side effect that this draws attention away from a ski like the Billy Goat, which is super fucking fun to ski on almost all the time. People here do a lot to make up for that, but we definitely don't have the same market reach.

Here's a BG thread that compares it to all manner of skis. There are probably at least a dozen similar threads here for the BG.

https://www.tetongravity.com/forums/...er-Powder-Skis

TLDR: Goats float like boats. Maritime crud wrecker. Tree weaver extraordinaire. You know. You know...

I like reading Blister reviews, but most of the time the reviewer isn't remotely similar to me in size or stature, and I find that TGR always gets me what I need.

Serious question.

Do I need goats to go with my super goats?

I rip the groomed on tele gear

Quote Originally Posted by detrusor View Post
    Serious question.

get a woodsman! if you have a supergoat a woodsman 108 should cover a lot and be enough to leave little to no gap until you need a super goat! assuming and it seems like it can ski shit low tide powder as good as the BG

Hahaha I'd be lying if I said the thought hadn't crossed my mind

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

ON3P SKIS Discussion

Quote Originally Posted by detrusor View Post
    Serious question.

I just want a lighter, slightly shorter (more maneuverable) super goat for side country and touring. Is that a Billy Goat? I don’t think so.
    Last edited by jackattack; 08-10-2019 at 02:22 PM.

Yeah. Woodsman 108 seems like the call.

First I need to buy 2 pair of GS and 2 pair of slalom skis for the gromettes

I rip the groomed on tele gear

Quote Originally Posted by jackattack View Post
    I just want a lighter, slightly shorter (more maneuverable) super goat for side country and touring. Is that a Billy Goat? I don’t think so.
    Interesting, why do you think it’s isn’t?

ON3P SKIS Discussion

Based on my experience with the Steeple. When the BG goes on a diet it becomes a noodle. A shorter, touring oriented SG would not be a noodle.

Quote Originally Posted by jackattack View Post
    Based on my experience with the Steeple. When the BG goes on a diet it becomes a noodle. A shorter, touring oriented SG would not be a noodle.
    Gotcha. Softer would be no bueno. If they could keep it stiff it seemed like the right tool for the job you wanted it to perform.

Quote Originally Posted by 2FUNKY View Post
    Gotcha. Softer would be no bueno. If they could keep it stiff it seemed like the right tool for the job you wanted it to perform.
    Despite my love of BGs I was enjoying Protesting more on the back to back day comparisons last year.

Really want to test a woodsman 108 more to decide if they could be my DD replacement for my viciks. Mid mount, more playful, still driveable is exactly what I'm looking for.
    Common sense. So rare today in America it's almost like having a superpower.

Quote Originally Posted by steveski View Post
    Despite my love of BGs I was enjoying Protesting more on the back to back day comparisons last year.

Really want to test a woodsman 108 more to decide if they could be my DD replacement for my viciks. Mid mount, more playful, still driveable is exactly what I'm looking for.
    You know my love affair with the Protest. Didn’t want to bring them up in this thread. It is what Jack is after tho....

Yes I add fuel to that fire without meaning to.
    Common sense. So rare today in America it's almost like having a superpower.

Quote Originally Posted by steveski View Post
    Yes I add fuel to that fire without meaning to.
    Adding to the fiery hell of summer. #makeamericawinteragain

Woodsman 108... damn you people. I thought I was done buying skis for a minute. Although, if these work as well as I think they will, I might be able to get rid of many pairs.

since C&Ds apparently are back in stock today re Insta - in case you wanna buy, here is a pick of the rocker profiles of 184s

Name:	C&D.jpg 
Views:	167 
Size:	2.03 MB 
ID:	291948

pure gold yes.

And sorry if the colors ended up weird. I tried to edit the pic a bit to make the rocker profile even more visible, but might have failed. Right click + copy + paste its address directly into you prowser if you want an even larger pic.

Quote Originally Posted by m19ab1 View Post
    What’s happening with the old quiver 
    Some are sold locally here in Scandiland, some mysteriously are not - and get to be in the quiver a bit longer (in spite of me promising myself that I will sell said skis).

Also, it is kinda interesting to handflex jeff116s, woods116 and wren114s back to back. There is quite some difference in the tails across the three skis, so it will be superinteresting to ride them back to back. Jeff116 tails are pretty round if still fairly supportive, woods116 a bit more supportive while wren114s are a bit more supportive still. All flex patterns make a ton of sense when considering the shapes of the skis. Very, very intrigued.

And don't even get me started on woods108. Together with Blister's fairly glowing review, their shape and flex pattern makes me itch to get on them.

yes, I am missing snow.
    Last edited by kid-kapow; 08-21-2019 at 02:02 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by JaytaeMoney View Post
    Woodsman 108... damn you people. I thought I was done buying skis for a minute. Although, if these work as well as I think they will, I might be able to get rid of many pairs.

Name:	1C1CD5A9-AD33-4316-AAA7-9DEBD31F28EB.jpg 
Views:	193 
Size:	1.20 MB 
ID:	291951

this just arrived at my house!!!

ON3P SKIS Discussion

WDM108 art on C&D
    would be
    Last edited by CascadeLuke; 08-21-2019 at 06:23 PM.