Page 327 of 343 FirstFirst ... 322 323 324 325 326 327 328 329 330 331 332 ... LastLast
Results 8,151 to 8,175 of 8571
  1. #8151
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    PNW
    Posts
    5,149




    5 pr BillyGoat variant in this shot, 6 if counting the photog
    PE, Mechanical Engineering
    University of Bridger Bowl Alumnus
    Alpental Creeper

  2. #8152
    Join Date
    Nov 2016
    Posts
    416
    Does ON3P usually have an end of season/spring sale?

  3. #8153
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    1,443
    Quote Originally Posted by brundo View Post
    Does ON3P usually have an end of season/spring sale?
    Yes

  4. #8154
    Join Date
    May 2018
    Location
    NorCal
    Posts
    78
    Had my first weekend on the Woodsman 96s at Squaw/Alpine yesterday. Shitty conditions but I'm in love with the skis. First time on ON3Ps in general. They were super stable in the spring bumps/crud. Felt glued to the snow on groomers. Wasn't quite able to get the advertised SL turns on them but they laid down GS turns beautifully.

    I was on the 172s (I'm 5'5" 130lbs) and they felt perfect. I realized they were basically as long as my 177 Praxis concepts, which is probably pretty obvious to you ON3P fanboys but I failed to realize how they measure.

  5. #8155
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    120
    Looking for a bit of advice on sizing BGs.

    Iím 6í0Ē, 160lbs, chargey skiing style. Iíve always thought of myself as a pretty centered skier but lately Iíve been having issues with getting too far forward and stuffing a tip while skiing fast. Skis that Iíve overdriven the tips on and crashed recently include the Sego Sloppy Joe, Wildcat 184cm, and Commander 108 188cm. I want a ski that can be driven hard in pow and soft chop without sending me over the bars when the tips hook up. The 189cm Billy Goat initially sounds like the ticket, but Iím wondering if the 184s might be enough. Iíll appreciate the additional maneuverability of the 184cm in tight places, but I not if it means Iím going to eat shit when I drive the fronts of my skis while nuking down the fall line.

    Thoughts?

  6. #8156
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    panhandle locdog
    Posts
    6,737
    189

  7. #8157
    Join Date
    Nov 2016
    Posts
    416
    Quote Originally Posted by MegaStoke View Post
    Looking for a bit of advice on sizing BGs.

    Iím 6í0Ē, 160lbs, chargey skiing style. Iíve always thought of myself as a pretty centered skier but lately Iíve been having issues with getting too far forward and stuffing a tip while skiing fast. Skis that Iíve overdriven the tips on and crashed recently include the Sego Sloppy Joe, Wildcat 184cm, and Commander 108 188cm. I want a ski that can be driven hard in pow and soft chop without sending me over the bars when the tips hook up. The 189cm Billy Goat initially sounds like the ticket, but Iím wondering if the 184s might be enough. Iíll appreciate the additional maneuverability of the 184cm in tight places, but I not if it means Iím going to eat shit when I drive the fronts of my skis while nuking down the fall line.

    Thoughts?
    Keep in mind ON3P is going to run 3-4 cm longer than most companies. So I 184 Billy goat would be listed as like a 188 Moment for example.

    Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

  8. #8158
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    120
    Quote Originally Posted by brundo View Post
    Keep in mind ON3P is going to run 3-4 cm longer than most companies. So I 184 Billy goat would be listed as like a 188 Moment for example.
    Yep Iíve been keeping that in mind, otherwise the 189cm would have been the only length on the table. Still will probably go that direction since Iím getting really tired of tomahawking because I donít want to ski backseat in pow.

  9. #8159
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    panhandle locdog
    Posts
    6,737
    Dude you're 6' tall and have the handle "MegaStoke".

    Stop questioning and get 189

  10. #8160
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    NCW
    Posts
    2,468
    SUPERGOAT OR GTFO

  11. #8161
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    120
    Quote Originally Posted by The Artist Formerly Known as Leavenworth Skier View Post
    Dude you're 6' tall and have the handle "MegaStoke".

    Stop questioning and get 189
    Now thatís what Iím fucking talking about. 189cm it is.

  12. #8162
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Posts
    439
    Quote Originally Posted by MegaStoke View Post
    Now thatís what Iím fucking talking about. 189cm it is.
    You need custom Mega Goat!

    Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

  13. #8163
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    120
    Quote Originally Posted by Robik View Post
    You need custom Mega Goat!
    I weigh 160lbs if I havenít crapped in a good while. I think standard flex will suffice.

  14. #8164
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    626
    Call out time. Whoís the guy with the Woodsman 108s who could not figure out how to click into his Attack demo bindings today at the top of the gondola at Jackson? He somehow didnít know how to cock the heel piece and was just trying to jam his boot in. This went on for about 5 minutes until I took pity on him and walked down from the lodge to do it for him.

    Bad look for all of us ON3P skiers.


    Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

  15. #8165
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Posts
    1,564
    Quote Originally Posted by Skeeze View Post
    Call out time. Whoís the guy with the Woodsman 108s who could not figure out how to click into his Attack demo bindings today at the top of the gondola at Jackson? He somehow didnít know how to cock the heel piece and was just trying to jam his boot in. This went on for about 5 minutes until I took pity on him and walked down from the lodge to do it for him.

    Bad look for all of us ON3P skiers.
    Bad form. Did you consider confiscating them?

  16. #8166
    Join Date
    Oct 2016
    Location
    On the mountain
    Posts
    472
    It was a Cease & Desist day at Timberline. They “said” 10-inches fell last night, but there was more than that. The trees were off the charts good and shockingly NOT tracked out by lunch (except by me and the folks I showed the stashes to... which was a ton of fun). These skis are just so much fun in soft snow, so quick to throw around, so agile, so floaty and stompy.

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	AB30F59F-B1F4-4511-8453-43F78242C081.jpg 
Views:	118 
Size:	970.5 KB 
ID:	316215

  17. #8167
    Join Date
    Feb 2017
    Location
    Seattle
    Posts
    141
    ON3P crew causing havoc at Steven's this past Saturday.

    Fun anecdote: one of my friend is a 5'6, 130 lbs woman, who doesn't own any powder skis. So I let her use my 187 Woodsman108. It was fun watching a, normally intermediate skier, shred powder on skis 6+ inches taller than her. She LOVED the skis and now wants to get an appropriately sized ON3P ski for herself.




    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  18. #8168
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    Lapping the pow with the GSA in the PNW
    Posts
    3,242
    Quote Originally Posted by f=ma View Post
    ON3P crew causing havoc at Steven's this past Saturday.

    Fun anecdote: one of my friend is a 5'6, 130 lbs woman, who doesn't own any powder skis. So I let her use my 187 Woodsman108. It was fun watching a, normally intermediate skier, shred powder on skis 6+ inches taller than her. She LOVED the skis and now wants to get an appropriately sized ON3P ski for herself.




    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I think I ran into your crew on the South Divide cat track on the top of the backside. I was the guy who had Billy Goat envy because all mine where at home. ☹️
    In constant pursuit of the perfect slarve...

  19. #8169
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Wasatch
    Posts
    5,600
    Another great day so the OG goats

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1136.JPG 
Views:	110 
Size:	164.5 KB 
ID:	316251


    Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    I need to go to Utah.
    Utah?
    Yeah, Utah. It's wedged in between Wyoming and Nevada. You've seen pictures of it, right?

    So after 15 years we finally made it to Utah.....


    Thanks BCSAR and POWMOW Ski Patrol for rescues

    8, 17, 13, 18, 16, 18, 20, 19, 16

    2018/2019 (24/32)

  20. #8170
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Wenatchee
    Posts
    768
    Quote Originally Posted by Skeeze View Post
    Call out time. Whoís the guy with the Woodsman 108s who could not figure out how to click into his Attack demo bindings today at the top of the gondola at Jackson? He somehow didnít know how to cock the heel piece and was just trying to jam his boot in. This went on for about 5 minutes until I took pity on him and walked down from the lodge to do it for him.

    Bad look for all of us ON3P skiers.


    Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    Clearly that person will not be found around here. Try newschoolers.

    On another note, skied bachelor today on a borrowed wren 98 I got for my father in law. Such a good ski and extremely well rounded.
    Common sense. So rare today in America it's almost like having a superpower.

  21. #8171
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Seattle
    Posts
    1,376
    Had my 191 BGs out at Snowbasin with 8" in 24hrs. First box up Olympic for some high speed smooth turns. Then crushing soft chop all day. I honestly can't think of a better ski for a day like today. Saw a pair of newer BGs down on the rack at the lodge and had a little envy. May be time for a custom Super Goat order this spring.

  22. #8172
    Join Date
    Aug 2018
    Location
    Montana
    Posts
    226
    Quote Originally Posted by MegaStoke View Post
    I want a ski that can be driven hard in pow and soft chop without sending me over the bars when the tips hook up.
    you need a file....

  23. #8173
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    Lapping the pow with the GSA in the PNW
    Posts
    3,242
    Quote Originally Posted by phatty View Post
    Had my 191 BGs out at Snowbasin with 8" in 24hrs. First box up Olympic for some high speed smooth turns. Then crushing soft chop all day. I honestly can't think of a better ski for a day like today. Saw a pair of newer BGs down on the rack at the lodge and had a little envy. May be time for a custom Super Goat order this spring.
    Right on! Snowbasin is my new favorite destination in UT. Glad you got your goats out in such stellar environs!
    In constant pursuit of the perfect slarve...

  24. #8174
    Join Date
    Feb 2017
    Location
    Seattle
    Posts
    141
    Quote Originally Posted by Bandit Man View Post
    I think I ran into your crew on the South Divide cat track on the top of the backside. I was the guy who had Billy Goat envy because all mine where at home. ☹️
    Yeah! I remember that. It really was a perfect Billy Goat day.

  25. #8175
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Seattle
    Posts
    1,376
    Quote Originally Posted by Bandit Man View Post
    Right on! Snowbasin is my new favorite destination in UT. Glad you got your goats out in such stellar environs!
    Shhh. We had ski on lifts both Saturday and today for the long weekend, even with fresh snow. For all Epic pass people, Park City is way better. So much better.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •