Page 512 of 599 FirstFirst ... 507 508 509 510 511 512 513 514 515 516 517 ... LastLast
Results 12,776 to 12,800 of 14969
    Quote Originally Posted by eSock View Post
    Now that I got my goats back, thinking about passing along my 187 woodsman 108s w cat camo top sheet. Single mount for pivots @325, figured I'd mention it here first before putting em up elsewhere. Still in great condition w a little usual wear.
    Can you trim them down to 102 wide?

Dammit, I clicked on this thread again...

I think they were 2019/20 184s.

there are some fun looking tour core supergoats on KSL

I have some BG 184s with Oregon Topo top sheet. Maybe 2016? Pre asym. Edges are good but they have a lot of ptex on the bases. I’d say beat up but still some life. DM so these can cheaply go to a new home

Quote Originally Posted by margotron View Post
    I have some BG 184s with Oregon Topo top sheet. Maybe 2016? Pre asym. Edges are good but they have a lot of ptex on the bases. I’d say beat up but still some life. DM so these can cheaply go to a new home
    PM Sent

Really tempting to pick up these BG110 heavys on sale while I sit recovering from two new ACLs

Quote Originally Posted by FullStop View Post
    Really tempting to pick up these BG110 heavys on sale while I sit recovering from two new ACLs
    Important part of the PT.

I really hope that Hot Rod base is a custom option down the line. Straight fire.

Quote Originally Posted by ASmileyFace View Post
    down the line.
    just ask if they will do em now if/when going custom.

Jeff102s aint for everybody. It is not like the pro model is in direct competition to whatever custom magic you are planning to get, so win win if you get it. Though, if the Point Break base is any indication then at a 100usd mark up is to be expected

Toured up Palmer on Mt. Hood twice this summer on some new Woodsman 102s with a tour core (had to pick them up due to a sale at Next Adventure $$$). I was a little worried about getting the 187cm length at my height (5'11", ~175lbs), but I'm feeling a lot better about my purchase now. This is my first touring setup and I'm really stoked. Ended up putting Shifts on them.

Some quick notes:

- My feet got pinched so badly in my touring boots the first time that I could barely ski down (I have ridiculously fat feet)... After cooking them at a boot fitter and going back up again I was actually able to enjoy myself.

- No issues with the edges, I've seen some people post on this thread about needing a re-tune after purchasing.

- Easy to pick up speed whenever you're wanting it, but also easy to shut it down. Had fun unweighting the edges while skiing neutral and doing some whirly birds/messing around. Also felt really confident leaning forward and trying to go mach 5 while doing some long turns.

- These are my first pair of ON3Ps. I know the touring version of ON3Ps are a bit less bomber in their construction but I'm still very impressed. Scraped them over each other a few times while doing some kick turns in a way that would have eaten the top-sheets of my Dynastar M-Frees and there isn't a scratch on them.

- These skis feel similar to the Dynastar M-Free 99s (my daily driver resort ski). I would say that the WD 102Ts are slightly less playful, but feel more locked in--which is exactly what I was hoping for in a ski I want to go touring with.

- Had a choice between BG 110Ts and these WD 102Ts. From reading literature on the ON3P website I get the sense that the Woodsman in the 102 waist width is really versatile and I'll be able to bring them out into almost any conditions and not wish I had something else. BG 110Ts seem like something I'd want to bring out in ideal (deep) conditions, but I don't think I'll be touring in pow often enough (fear of avalanches) to justify a pair of those being my only touring skis.

Super happy with my purchase. I'm in that weird in-between zone in sizing, so hopefully I give someone else in the same predicament the confidence to just size up?

Keep in mind 187 is a true pressed measurement. Those 187's are basically a 190 for most manufacturers.

Quote Originally Posted by tuco View Post
    Keep in mind 187 is a true pressed measurement. Those 187's are basically a 190 for most manufacturers.
    That's pretty bonkers. I also got a pair of Billy Goat 187s on the way for if/when it dumps snow at the resort. A little worried on how maneuverable they will be in the trees. If they're tough to move around I guess I'll just have to ski gooder.

Trust me, 187 goats will be fine if you Are comfortable skiing in trees.

Quote Originally Posted by 5 Cents View Post
    These skis feel similar to the Dynastar M-Free 99s (my daily driver resort ski). I would say that the WD 102Ts are slightly less playful, but feel more locked in--which is exactly what I was hoping for in a ski I want to go touring with.
    I find that MF99s and WD102 50/50s (stiffer than the tour layup) ski a bit differently.

I find that WD102s are a lot floatier, whereas MF99s are a fair bit better on hard snow (likely due to the way their camber is set up with a front ski bias together with lots of rocker, making the tails effortless to release). I did not really care for MF99s in deeper soft snow, but love them on/in harder/shallower snow.

WD 182s are slightly longer than MF99 185s, so WD102 187s should be slightly more than 5cm longer - all in the cambered section I think. It makes sense that they feel a bit more locked in / stronger on edge with their mount point being only marginally set back within the cambered section and with the cambered section being the strongest part of the ski.

So, woodsmans should make for really solid touring skis. They excel in soft snow, yet are strong and predictable on hard snow.

I am really surprised that the custom pair of 110s for sale on the site (#46 - Woodsman 110 - 187cm - Tour Stiff + Wood Wolf + Pink SW + Sleet Base) is not long gone. They are probably similar to the regular layup version wrt to stiffness, but a fair bit lighter. They should ski awesomely - even better at speed and in variable than the standard tours, yet still float better than a 110 ski ought to.

Are the new 192 BGs as easy in the trees as the old 191/189s from 2014 through 2017?

Quote Originally Posted by LoLoMayne View Post
    Are the new 192 BGs as easy in the trees as the old 191/189s from 2014 through 2017?
    No. Different tail makes more difficult. 191 is best I've been on.

191s were insanely good. Something about them was pure magic. I couldn't stop smiling on them, as long as the snow was even remotely soft. I'd get in on a group order if On3p ever brings back that specific design. I'd also group buy a 189 design from 2016 n 2017. I still want to try the new 192s badly, but I have other skis that are money for big terrain n I'm looking for a big ski for trees. The old heavy Hojis were great in the trees too, but different and I preferred the 191 BG.

I wish there were a lot more reviews on the Woodsman 110. Maybe I should buy a set and review them for myself.

Quote Originally Posted by phatty View Post
    No. Different tail makes more difficult. 191 is best I've been on.
    Facts.

The 2014-2016 pre-Asym 191’s are the best balance of maneuverability and ability to charge.

The Asym 189’s are still very good in trees, just not as loose as the 191’s.
    In constant pursuit of the perfect slarve...

Quote Originally Posted by Bandit Man View Post
    Facts.

The 2014-2016 pre-Asym 191’s are the best balance of maneuverability and ability to charge.

The Asym 189’s are still very good in trees, just not as loose as the 191’s.
    I feel so stupid for not collecting a group of them like you have. It hurts like missing out on a stock that goes to the moon that all your buddies are in on.

Quote Originally Posted by 5 Cents View Post
    That's pretty bonkers. I also got a pair of Billy Goat 187s on the way for if/when it dumps snow at the resort. A little worried on how maneuverable they will be in the trees. If they're tough to move around I guess I'll just have to ski gooder.
    BG's are the easiest pivoting skis with sidecut that i've ever been on, they'll be no problem at all.

Quote Originally Posted by LoLoMayne View Post
    I feel so stupid for not collecting a group of them like you have. It hurts like missing out on a stock that goes to the moon that all your buddies are in on.
    Yeah, I just have my one pair and wish I had at least one more just in case. If they ever did a group buy for them, I would be in for sure.

If they ever did a group buy
    LOL...... Supergoat sale was the end of the line for small batch sales from ON3P.

so it goes.

Quote Originally Posted by jackattack View Post
    LOL...... Supergoat sale was the end of the line for small batch sales from ON3P.

so it goes.
    Yeah, I know it's a pipe dream and doesn't fit their business model any more. We can dream, though.

Quote Originally Posted by jackattack View Post
    Yeah, I know it's a pipe dream and doesn't fit their business model any more. We can dream, though.
    have you guys asked Iggy?

The "SG model" is kinda what every non-18x length is for most ski models outside of park skis. C&Ds too. The only difference is that they are not made to order, but in very limited once-and-done-for-the-season runs. The stock layup BG110 and 177 stock layup BG118s arguably were those skis last year, the wren110pro for the last two years. If a new C&D is released this coming season it might be it for 2023.

My point being, if you guys can drum up SG level commitment to buying a particular iteration of the BG in a specific length, and ask Iggy ever so nicely if he can make 10-20pairs of a pre-sold ski in a way where it can be slotted into the production cycle, then perhaps he will make it happen. It could also potentially be offered as one off customs for all I know, though the time needed for mold alterations might be what could make a limited run more feasible.

I have no idea though - this is 100% speculation on my part. The idea is not build pressure on you to build them Iggy, but have mags ask directly (and commit to buying) if it is something they really, really, really want and something you might be persuaded to offer.

Quote Originally Posted by kid-kapow View Post
    have you guys asked Iggy?
    Iggy & crew wouldn't even reply to questions about the changes to the BG line last year. In hindsight, they probably saved me $500 as it turns out the 192 was a huge turd so everyone is here lamenting the past cult classics.

But if they're listening and offer a reissue of the 191 Bearpaw BG I'd consider it.