Page 476 of 594 FirstFirst ... 471 472 473 474 475 476 477 478 479 480 481 ... LastLast
Results 11,876 to 11,900 of 14839
    Quote Originally Posted by Beefboi View Post
    I'd be pissed. That little bit of extra weight is the main reason BGs are so good inbounds, that and RES.

So true
    I realize all that, I dont like light skis. 2300 grams is considered heavy in my book, and right in line with the Bibby and Chipotle Bananas in similar length. I could complain, and demand them to build me heavier skis at the stated weight of 2430 grams, but i dont see it being worth the hassle. Unless they accidentally built these with the 50/50 core, which I would see highly unlikely them to fuck up, and if that happened they would weigh closer to 2200 grams.

I'd be curious of the weight of others that have gotten this years 192 Billy Goats

Anyways, if I really want to ski heavy skis on a powder day, Ill take out my 196 Pillow Fights which are 2700 grams. FUCK YEAH

After snapping my Billy Goats last season, I decided to treat myself with customs of the new, refreshed BGs. Thanks Scott! Looking forward to the La Nina!

90% of skiing is just looking cool

I'm thiiis close to grabbing a pair of BG 110s. Suppose I should wait to see if it actually snows here this winter.

Quote Originally Posted by jdadour View Post
    I realize all that, I dont like light skis. 2300 grams is considered heavy in my book, and right in line with the Bibby and Chipotle Bananas in similar length. I could complain, and demand them to build me heavier skis at the stated weight of 2430 grams, but i dont see it being worth the hassle. Unless they accidentally built these with the 50/50 core, which I would see highly unlikely them to fuck up, and if that happened they would weigh closer to 2200 grams.

I'd be curious of the weight of others that have gotten this years 192 Billy Goats

Anyways, if I really want to ski heavy skis on a powder day, Ill take out my 196 Pillow Fights which are 2700 grams. FUCK YEAH
    4889g for the pair in the plastic. I think you're okay though at 94% of that. Garnet is slimming.

Sent from my SM-N981U using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by kid-kapow View Post
    I am not going to detune my wd102s at all before I ski them - ON3P's tune is more often than not very good. I will bring a gummy to the hill for minor alterations based on how they ski.

It is arguably a better approach than FML my BGs are anorexic no?

The new tour layup is roughly 20-21% (+ standard production variance) lighter than the stock layup. That percentage is pretty consistent across all models / widths / lengths.

The old tour layup was roughly 5-6% lighter than stock, based on BG and Steeple116 weights alone. So a Wren108 in 184 would be something like 2100grams in the 184 length - give or take. So a 50/50 Wren108 would still be slightly lighter than one in the old tour layup.

So yes, the new tour layup is remarkably much lighter than both the old tour and stock layups.
    Pretty much spot on. 18/19 189 Tour Wren 108s I just picked are 2250... bit heavier than I wished but should be pretty sweet in the alpine around here mounted up with a 300g pin binder...

Quote Originally Posted by bry View Post
    4889g for the pair in the plastic. I think you're okay though at 94% of that. Garnet is slimming.

Sent from my SM-N981U using Tapatalk
    Thanks Bry, I agree. Garnet must be slimming!

Sent from my Pixel 6 using Tapatalk

My BG118 182s weigh in at the very respectable 2252 and 2282, while my standard layup BG110s in 182 are 2060 and 2073. WD110s hold the middle ground at 2131 and 2138. I am very happy with those weights. All are to be mounted with Castified Pivots and will be used with Lange RX130s or XT3 130s, so not exactly optimized for light weight setups.

Quote Originally Posted by Alyosha_SP View Post
    Pretty much spot on. 18/19 189 Tour Wren 108s I just picked are 2250... bit heavier than I wished but should be pretty sweet in the alpine around here mounted up with a 300g pin binder...
    Hm, that sounds like standard Wren108s. Is it a custom softer pair or do they have different top sheets or what? Where does the tour part come in (other than what you intend to use them for (for which they should be awesome I might add))?

Quote Originally Posted by f=ma View Post
    After snapping my Billy Goats last season, I decided to treat myself with customs of the new, refreshed BGs. Thanks Scott! Looking forward to the La Nina!
    Oh my - nice!

Thanks for spreading the stoke by sharing your new setups!
    Last edited by kid-kapow; 12-04-2021 at 09:23 AM.

Wasn’t sure what route I wanted to go with these and there’s a little overlap in my quiver with my SGs seeing most days. Decided it would be best to throw some demo clamps on em so I can share the 191 BG love. If anyone is in the Spokane/North Idaho area and wants a some time with these, PM me.

I expect to convert at least two of my buddies to ON3P fangirls before the end of the season.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by CoolioIglesias View Post
    Finally have my new Woodsman 102 in 187 mounted up. Alpine setup for the first time in 20 years. Going to pull the NTNs off the Kartel 108s and remount with Pivots. Gondola is open at WP, it might snow next week, think I'll finally venture out. Time to get these bad boys on the snow! Eta: derp, got the skis on the left backwards.
    Man, those Woodsman 102s are beautiful. Looking forward to hearing how they ski for you. I’m considering those or maybe a custom WD96Ti as an east coast DD.

Quote Originally Posted by ScarffnBarff View Post
    KThat being said, is your comment about changing the geometry as opposed to changing just the mount true? My emails with ON3P and the specs on the skis seem to suggest otherwise, but I realize I might have misunderstood. Can you provide additional information regarding change in mount point vs change in geometry to accommodate different mount point?
    source
    Quote Originally Posted by iggyskier View Post
    So when we move a mount, it does come with a wholesale change with an adjusted sidecut, core profile, etc. But the change we're talking about here - especially going back - is small enough that being slightly off those design elements is not an issue. So if you want a bit more tip, go for it. We felt that the balance of the ski could be a bit more directional, hence the move. That said, I am sure most of the people last year skied them at recommended.

As we've been building custom pairs for people at work, most have started wanting the tour flex and end up changing to 50/50 before it goes to press. Been pretty funny.
    source: talking about the changes to wood from year 1 to year 2
    Quote Originally Posted by iggyskier View Post
    It moved back 7.5mm.
    Sidecut & core profile aligned for new mount.
    Sidecut a bit tighter and touch more balanced, but the change is pretty minor.
    New core layup with new composites, so lighter.
    I went back in the thread last night to look for some pictures of a few custom skis I remember being posted roughly a year ago (BGtours), and I figured I should quote these posts by Iggy due to them being mentioned a few pages back when I scrolled past them.

Quick binding question on the Wren 102ti. Trialed a P15 95mm brake on them and it seems too narrow, rubs agains the sides and edge at the mount point. Have an STH2 100mm that seem to fit fine and will go with that one but curious how others have managed the pivot bindings on the narrower Wrens without having to bend them?

Thanks, as always, for your insights. Happy holidays and stay healthy.
    Originally Posted by jm2e:
    To be a JONG is no curse in these unfortunate times. 'Tis better that than to be alone.

Quote Originally Posted by Orthoski View Post
    Quick binding question on the Wren 102ti. Trialed a P15 95mm brake on them and it seems too narrow, rubs agains the sides and edge at the mount point. Have an STH2 100mm that seem to fit fine and will go with that one but curious how others have managed the pivot bindings on the narrower Wrens without having to bend them
    I've run 95s on wren96s and wood108s, the former having tons of clearance, the latter needing a bit of bending - though both works great. Edit: used the bent pair on a pair of Mantra102s and MFree108s too - worked great there too, zero problems or perceived drag.

I would imagine that some slight trimming of the inside edge of the plasticy bit and/or a tiny bit of bending should make them fit really well. The brake mechanism is pretty strong on Pivots so should work fine across alot of conditions-
    Last edited by kid-kapow; 12-05-2021 at 01:41 PM.

Got these Wrens out for an early season groomer day and Lordy I am a pre-Ti Wren nut =)Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_3465.JPG 
Views:	149 
Size:	193.7 KB 
ID:	395449
    Uno mas

Quote Originally Posted by kid-kapow View Post
    My BG118 182s weigh in at the very respectable 2252 and 2282, while my standard layup BG110s in 182 are 2060 and 2073. WD110s hold the middle ground at 2131 and 2138. I am very happy with those weights. All are to be mounted with Castified Pivots and will be used with Lange RX130s or XT3 130s, so not exactly optimized for light weight setups.

Hm, that sounds like standard Wren108s. Is it a custom softer pair or do they have different top sheets or what? Where does the tour part come in (other than what you intend to use them for (for which they should be awesome I might add))?

!
    I bought these: https://www.tetongravity.com/forums/...189-tour-layup

2250 on the scale....hmmmm

About 400g too heavy for the new tour layup. My 189 BG108t are 1790g and 1809g.

Quote Originally Posted by jackattack View Post
    well they’re custom 18/19 tours so different layup I believe…

Quote Originally Posted by Doremite View Post
    Got these Wrens out for an early season groomer day and Lordy I am a pre-Ti Wren nut =)Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_3465.JPG 
Views:	149 
Size:	193.7 KB 
ID:	395449
    Beautiful skis. I ride pre-ti wrenegade 96s with outlaws and while I love them to death in any kind of natural snow, I find them pretty uninspiring on groomers, especially icy ones. I thought it was the tune but I got a fresh tune to start this season and they still feel like snowlerblades as soon as it gets slick. Usually my skiing involves avoiding groomers as much as possible so it is less of an issue, but in the early season it has been a drag. Maybe a more aggressive edge bevel than the stock 1/1 would be better.

Ah, nice. But to be real, 100gr is not going to make a huge difference on the up. Whereas a slighty softer flexing if near stock weight wren108 is going to be a very, very good backcountry ski on the down. Slightly more nimble than the stiffer stock flex - so better in tight spaces - and they should float even better than the already decidedly floaty stock 108. The Wren skape is a hoot in the backcountry - phenomenal ski at speed in all types of soft snow and solid on hard patches

Quote Originally Posted by TeleBeaver View Post
    Beautiful skis. I ride pre-ti wrenegade 96s with outlaws and while I love them to death in any kind of natural snow, I find them pretty uninspiring on groomers, especially icy ones. I thought it was the tune but I got a fresh tune to start this season and they still feel like snowlerblades as soon as it gets slick. Usually my skiing involves avoiding groomers as much as possible so it is less of an issue, but in the early season it has been a drag. Maybe a more aggressive edge bevel than the stock 1/1 would be better.
    I haven’t found anything that works well on hardback. It is just a struggle to stay light on your edges while making a telemark turn. At least true to my style. In general I find the Wrens great on groomers, just not ice. I am not always perfectly on edge tho so I can skid around through crappy conditions as necessary. I find them to be great in anything remotely soft/edgeable. I’ve yet to build the same bond w (first gen) Woodsman 96 but love them too just something about the Wren.
    Uno mas

Quote Originally Posted by jackattack View Post
    well they’re custom 18/19 tours so different layup I believe…
    You're correct. 18/19 would be the old tour layup - full bamboo core, thinner profile, more carbon than standard, normal (thick) bases and edges. Much different than the current tour layup which started in 20/21 and is much lighter.

I changed my Wren 112s to a 1deg base/2deg edge bevel and it did give them a touch more maximum grip on firm snow. All of ON3P's skis, even the narrower ones, are biased a bit more towards soft snow in the rocker design and such but trying a more aggressive bevel might help you out.

Nature of the beast. I ski out East and there are better skis for true hardpack/icy conditions than ON3P, but the second the snow gets at all softer or if you reach a run with even a bit of manmade snow there's something so inspiring about the bamboo core that is both damp and poppy at the same time. The same thing that makes them really good on the Pacific snowpack also makes them really good on manky, manmade snow. It makes it worth it for me. I take out my Mantras on a truly icy day where you won't find anything soft and will be staying on piste.
    Originally Posted by jm2e:
    To be a JONG is no curse in these unfortunate times. 'Tis better that than to be alone.

Interested in on3p as I ski the PNW, but the new woodsman line is maybe a bit directional (?) and the Jeffrey too progressive.

I want a do it all daily ski that I can spin, ski switch and mess about on but also drive the shovels when charging, and just generally get forward a bit.

Is this a mount the Jeffrey back situation, or woodsman forward perhaps?

Woodman on the line assuming skiing switch is casual and not landing in switch in soft conditions.

I have Wrenegades and can carve them switch no issues at all… I just wouldn’t want to land backwards in powder. The woodsman feels pretty playful (I have not been on the new one but I doubt it’s a massive departure).

Quote Originally Posted by AintEZbeingSteezy View Post
    Interested in on3p as I ski the PNW, but the new woodsman line is maybe a bit directional (?) and the Jeffrey too progressive.

I want a do it all daily ski that I can spin, ski switch and mess about on but also drive the shovels when charging, and just generally get forward a bit.

Is this a mount the Jeffrey back situation, or woodsman forward perhaps?

Quote Originally Posted by CoolioIglesias View Post
    Finally have my new Woodsman 102 in 187 mounted up. Alpine setup for the first time in 20 years. Going to pull the NTNs off the Kartel 108s and remount with Pivots. Gondola is open at WP, it might snow next week, think I'll finally venture out. Time to get these bad boys on the snow! Eta: derp, got the skis on the left backwards.
    Those Kartel Aztec Huitzilopochtli graphics are my favorite on3p topsheets of all time. -especially the 98 version with more black contrast in it. I fantasize about those done in a custom wood veneer. The woodmans are damn pretty too.

2019 ON3P Jeffrey 96 Ski
    https://seattle.craigslist.org/see/s...417459919.html

Shorties, but a solid deal (not my listing)