Page 277 of 594 FirstFirst ... 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 ... LastLast
Results 6,901 to 6,925 of 14839
    Well, I love my glowing green bases(I love my glowing orange too), and I hear you about marketing just from some on hill comments, but can't help but feel black is faster. We do a lot of runs in an area that requires gliding flats. Can't keep up w/ my brother on Boneshakers unless I am also on Boneshakers. It's weird. Probably just wax. I know neither pair B-shakers have been waxed in at least a year, but I'm pretty sure it's actually been 2.

Edit to add: somehow I lost your qoute here Iggy,haha

I am not telling you to do anything
    But I think you know what the right thing to do is. Think of it this way, use the code and your sweet as top sheets are only $250.

- I am here for the stoke

There’s a reason World Cup race skis predominantly have black bases.

Does it matter if I’m skiing them? Not at all.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    I rip the groomed on tele gear

Quote Originally Posted by detrusor View Post
    There’s a reason World Cup race skis predominantly have black bases.

Does it matter if I’m skiing them? Not at all.

I'm talking gliding flats. Like a flat road you have to skate. Shit wears you out if not gliding proper yo
    And also, I have some G3's that glide like shit too, w/ black base. Although, knowing G3, wouldn't doubt the use shatfer base

Quote Originally Posted by Bruce Springskiin View Post
    I have spotted so many ON3P skiers on the hill, I film clips with the green bases. As nice as all the other graphics and custom graphics are, wood top sheets get the most attention. The American flag standout when out of the country, but the stoke is never as high compared to wood.

- I am here for the stoke
    Agreed. I get more comments on my veneer K98’s than any of my other ON3P’s. Especially little kids, they think they’re so cool and ask me how old they are; they’re usually a little incredulous that they’re not old at all. Love the new graphics added to the veneer option, very cool. Wish I could’ve gotten the Wolf on my K98’s, but I’m still happy with them as is... For now... Planning to Demo some Woodsman next season to see if I like them enough to replace the K98’s.

Looks like I’m dropping a grand on skis this summer...

ON3P SKIS Discussion

Custom shop is hot!
    I want orange top Jesses w natural sides and grizzlycorn underbellies for Mrs. Doremite just feeling too cheap for this creamsicle at the moment.
    On man, white eagle black sidewalls and an america underbelly.... I am at the point where I can’t buy more skis. For me anyway. Mmmm
    Uno mas

If anyone is interested in minty 2019 Cease and Desists (1 mount, attacks 307 bsl) I may consider selling cause I want a custom topsheet PM Me

Quote Originally Posted by Muggydude View Post
    If anyone is interested in minty 2019 Cease and Desists (1 mount, attacks 307 bsl) I may consider selling cause I want a custom topsheet PM Me
    What length are those?

Also: Anyone skiing the 184 C&D and wishing they got the 189 or vice versa? I'm sorta in between sizes and would like a little info on the differences. Normally I'd go longer for powder, but I really cant imagine sinking the 146mm tips on the 184s, and the extra maneuverability/lightness is always appreciated.

Quote Originally Posted by Muggydude View Post
    The man gets injured. 5 seconds later you snag his skis. Ski the damn things. Fuck a custom top sheet they’re skis.

ON3P SKIS Discussion

It’s all the same ski. I’ll Happily ski these next season, but like the custom top sheet options this year and suspect I’ll keep these for a long time so I offered up. Wolf topsheets are pretty sweet. Don’t need to sell and I’m not in a rush. My pair are 189cm. Won’t feel too bad about selling some cease and desists to buy a new pair of cease and desists. Just spreading some stoke about some sweet skis. Not rushing to sell these, just seeing if there’s interest and if there is I’d possibly sell to immediately buy a custom pair in the sale.

It’s all ON3P and it’s all good.
    Last edited by Muggydude; 05-18-2019 at 06:42 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by TeleBeaver View Post
    What length are those?

Also: Anyone skiing the 184 C&D and wishing they got the 189 or vice versa? I'm sorta in between sizes and would like a little info on the differences. Normally I'd go longer for powder, but I really cant imagine sinking the 146mm tips on the 184s, and the extra maneuverability/lightness is always appreciated.
    Only skied my 2019 189 C&D’s one day. They are easier to ski than 2018 184 BG’s. Never skied the shorter 184 C&D. Very happy I went long.

Sent from my iPad using TGR Forums
    In constant pursuit of the perfect slarve...

Quote Originally Posted by Bandit Man View Post
    Only skied my 2019 189 C&D’s one day. They are easier to ski than 2018 184 BG’s. Never skied the shorter 184 C&D. Very happy I went long.

Why? More splay? Softer flex? Anything else?
    Considering c&d to compliment 186 BGs, 189 is a given, but considering lighter fiberglass for tighter terrain.
    Able to compare flex to other on3p?

Quote Originally Posted by TeleBeaver View Post
    What length are those?

I have 184 BG and went 189 C&D. Glad i did too. They’re rounder in flex than a BG but still have the backbone ON3P is known for... They plane better at slower speeds than my BG, which tend to “plow” in these sorts of conditions. I spent more days on the C&D this year (18-days) than my BG’s (only saw snow once this year) as I enjoyed them more in the same conditions I’d normally ride the BG’s.

Was it egregious on some of the days to be on 124mm skis? Yes. However, they never disappointed and were every bit as much fun as my BG’s usually are for me.

I put AT bindings on the BG’s now (Guardian 16’s) and they’ve become my side-country skis as PowTron’s Caylor’s have taken their spot in the quiver for days I don’t ride the C&D’s.

Not sure if that helps or not...

Couple questions for you Iggy.
    You know I like girthy sticks. Seems like you are selling quite a few C&D's lately. Love my Caylors and think the Woodsman shape lends itself to be a great ski in a wider build. Have you considered, or is there any sort of thought on your end to offer this shape in 1 wider size?
    Is the baseline price of a custom ski(ski before add-ons/customization) the same as a stock ski?
    Or rather, customizing is based off stock platform, correct?
    Last edited by tuco; 05-18-2019 at 09:32 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by MHSP1497 View Post
    I have 184 BG and went 189 C&D. Glad i did too. They’re rounder in flex than a BG but still have the backbone ON3P is known for... They plane better at slower speeds than my BG, which tend to “plow” in these sorts of conditions.
    Pretty much sums it up. My C&D’s seem lighter than my BG’s as well. Just a bit more agile and fun...without being a noddle and falling apart. I suspect I will still put more days in on my BG/SG’s though since the C&D’s are going to be my deep day ski. Dethroned my Lotus 138’s.

Quote Originally Posted by sf View Post
    Why? More splay? Softer flex? Anything else?
    Considering c&d to compliment 186 BGs, 189 is a given, but considering lighter fiberglass for tighter terrain.
    Able to compare flex to other on3p?
    FWIW, the 2019 189 C&D’s feels more like a fatter version of my 2014 186 than my 2018 189 BG. The flex matches up better...just a bit softer than the current BG.

Quote Originally Posted by Bandit Man View Post
    FWIW, the 2019 189 C&D’s feels more like a fatter version of my 2014 186 than my 2018 189 BG. The flex matches up better...just a bit softer than the current BG.
    Ok, thanks.
    Iggy, any comments? Similar flex to 186 res BGs is fine, slightly softer underfoot is also fine. Have 191 bg tours as well. Similar or slightly stiffer would be nice

Has anyone here spent time in the newer 2018 on C&D AND the Praxis Protest? On paper they seem so similar...

I bought a pair of 2015 191 Billy Goats from @2funky this year and fell for them pretty hard. But, maybe because the season was so good, I mostly used them as a pure pow/untracked ski. I liked them so much I was toying with buying a new 189 to see if the changes suit me and sell the pair I like least.

So...after a lot of reading about the changes to the Billy, I'm finding myself intrigued by the idea of the C&D and also the Praxis Protest. Both seem pretty sweet and again, similar. Lots to read about both but not much head-to-head comparison I've found.

Quote Originally Posted by Utagonian View Post
    Has anyone here spent time in the newer 2018 on C&D AND the Praxis Protest? On paper they seem so similar...
    Yes...I owned the 187 (thought it was okay) and 192 (skied it one day...didn’t click with it). Very different than the C&D’s. ProTests feel like they want/need a lot more speed before they float and feel loose. Also, you will agonize for the proper mount point (see Praxis thread...any Praxis thread...it is a constant theme). I wanted to be a ProTest fan but again, we didn’t click, so I have some bias in my opinion.

The C&D’s don’t feel as demanding and are a lot more playful and nimble. Perfect for tight trees and terrain of the PNW where I live and ski. Not noodles, but much more accessible for most mortals.

Quote Originally Posted by Utagonian View Post
    I am very interested hear these comparisons as well, one of these two will be my next ski. Although I think I have decided on C&Ds (still waffling between sizes though... &#128580.

188 blue Megawatts currently hold this spot for me and overall I love the fat pintail shape. Seems like the C&D is a lot closer to that than the ProTests. Only downside of the megas is that they are pretty scary at speed in any kind of chopped snow. The tips are just too soft. The mount point is also pretty far back. I think the line is at -15(!?) for my pair and I am mounted at -11.5 and still feel way back. Might remount at -10 to give a little more tail for landing drops and it might help the charginess a bit.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	P3050762JR.jpg 
Views:	171 
Size:	1.42 MB 
ID:	283074 The sun sets on another season on my 184 Steeple 108s...
    One of my buddies calls them C3PO skis and says they can do anything. I never payed much attention to C3PO, but I agree with his assessment after touring on these the last two seasons. I've skied them in and on everything from bottomless pow to under-cooked spring corn - i.e. ice, and everything in between and I haven't ever wished I was on different skis. There are of course better skis for the extremes of the backcountry snow spectrum, but the days where I manage to ski perfect pow or rock hard ice from top to bottom or on every lap are few and far between. These are consistent and predictable when conditions are less than ideal and willing and able to let 'er rip when the stars align. Big days make me wish they were lighter, but watching most people ski challenging conditions on light skis makes me question the logic of my wishes. I wouldn't choose these to do a big traverse or lofty summit bid, but for day in/day out touring in a huge range of snow conditions these have proven to be an awesome option. For me. YMMV and all that...

Quote Originally Posted by tuco View Post
    Couple questions for you Iggy.
    You know I like girthy sticks. Seems like you are selling quite a few C&D's lately. Love my Caylors and think the Woodsman shape lends itself to be a great ski in a wider build. Have you considered, or is there any sort of thought on your end to offer this shape in 1 wider size?
    Is the baseline price of a custom ski(ski before add-ons/customization) the same as a stock ski?
    Or rather, customizing is based off stock platform, correct?
    I know TGR might make it seem like we are selling lots of CDs, but it's about the same as always. We build em one, maybe two days per year. No plans right now for a wider Woodsman or Jeffrey. Maybe someday, but the demand for a wider ski (aka people asking) is very small and at this point - production prioritizes volume or customs. Custom pricing is standardize this year - and includes the topsheet swap.

Ok, thanks.
    Iggy, any comments? Similar flex to 186 res BGs is fine, slightly softer underfoot is also fine. Have 191 bg tours as well. Similar or slightly stiffer would be nice
    To me, BG vs CD decision comes down to time in variable snow. The CD and BG Tour are similar in that rounder, more even flex pattern. Floats better, but doesn't have the same punch as the stock BG. If you are skiing somewhere that you need power through variable, the stock ski is just more powerful and stable. If you can generally stay in the trees or more consistent snow, then the CD is a lot of fun.
    Seriously, this can’t turn into yet another ON3P thread....

Quote Originally Posted by iggyskier View Post
    To me, BG vs CD decision comes down to time in variable snow. The CD and BG Tour are similar in that rounder, more even flex pattern. Floats better, but doesn't have the same punch as the stock BG. If you are skiing somewhere that you need power through variable, the stock ski is just more powerful and stable. If you can generally stay in the trees or more consistent snow, then the CD is a lot of fun.
    Yeah, I'll keep the stock BGs for those days anyhow. The C&Ds will replace the the BG tours and a pair of Pontoons, primarily for use in the conditions you mention. But that's also why it's important that they are slightly more accessible flex-wise than the newer BGs.

BTW, last year you stocked a few of the older topsheets for custom orders. Any chance of that happening this year as well?

BTW, last year you stocked a few of the older topsheets for custom orders. Any chance of that happening this year as well?
    Yeah just email us and if it is 2017 and forward we should have it.
    Seriously, this can’t turn into yet another ON3P thread....