Page 325 of 594 FirstFirst ... 320 321 322 323 324 325 326 327 328 329 330 ... LastLast
Results 8,101 to 8,125 of 14839
    Quote Originally Posted by jackattack View Post
    Do you feel your BG is too short?
    ..uuhhh

Quote Originally Posted by detuned View Post
    ..uuhhh
    what? He’s got a pair of goats.

Quote Originally Posted by ORick View Post
    After all of the great commentary and discussion in this thread, I’m confident that the Woodsman 108 is the ski for me. That said I have a couple of questions:

What length should I go with? 187 or 192?
    (I am 6’1” ~150 lbs and this will be my daily driver at Squaw + Alpine)

Any news on potential updates to the Woodsman 108 for next year? If not I am just going to grab them now and get some days in this season on them.
    I'm 6'0" and 160 lbs. and super happy with the 187. Get 'em now and enjoy.

Quote Originally Posted by mtskibum16 View Post
    I mean playful in reference to a direction ski vs playful as in jibby. "Playful" across the fall line maybe.
    I meant to type jibby, but brainfarted. Iggy posted a while back stating something like "woods are not jibby" or some such, so I just meant to mirror that sentiment.

Tried wildcat108 184s for a couple of hours today. They feel a bit different than wood108s. More jittery, but planes relatively well for the width and mount point. Fun on groomers. Not as controlled/stable as wood108s though, but holds an edge nicely and releases very easily in the back. Mounted with shifts and used with hawx xtd 130s, so they are bound to feel more than a bit different than my wood108s that have castified pivots and are used with Fischer RC4 alpine boots (did not like the castified pivots with Hawx xtds - they just made the ski/binding/boot combo feel off weight wise, feels much better with full on alpine boots - surprise surprise). Am i tempted to get a second pair of wood108s and mount them with Shifts? Hell yes I am, but luckily I cannot afford to And yes, I prefer ON3P's top sheet and graphics over the Moment's, and the finishing (base) is better on ON3P as well imho. But all in all, pleasantly surprised by Moment and their wildcat108s (yeah, wrong thread).

Back to your issue - I dunno - both lengths will be fine imho. And if you are unsure and a fairly proficient skier, then I would not be afraid of sizing up.

On a different note - I am surprised that most people do not ride wildcats in 190. The 184 most be short in snow rich areas for people that are north of 178cm /75kg + in both widths. I would def not want them any shorter.

Quote Originally Posted by ORick View Post
    After all of the great commentary and discussion in this thread, I’m confident that the Woodsman 108 is the ski for me. That said I have a couple of questions:

What length should I go with? 187 or 192?
    (I am 6’1” ~150 lbs and this will be my daily driver at Squaw + Alpine)

Any news on potential updates to the Woodsman 108 for next year? If not I am just going to grab them now and get some days in this season on them.
    I ski where u ski on 192-116’s. I don’t sweat the big size but I’m 215lbs. They run and for where we ski I like that. I guess the 187 would be the best of all worlds but I haven’t gotten jammed up in all my tight spots at Squalpine. I considered the 187 for a sec but am happy I went longer. Guess just depends on what ur used to. See ya out there.......

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Quote Originally Posted by kid-kapow View Post
    I meant to type jibby, but brainfarted. Iggy posted a while back stating something like "woods are not jibby" or some such, so I just meant to mirror that sentiment.

Tried wildcat108 184s for a couple of hours today. They feel a bit different than wood108s. More jittery, but planes relatively well for the width and mount point. Fun on groomers. Not as controlled/stable as wood108s though, but holds an edge nicely and releases very easily in the back. Mounted with shifts and used with hawx xtd 130s, so they are bound to feel more than a bit different than my wood108s that have castified pivots and are used with Fischer RC4 alpine boots (did not like the castified pivots with Hawx xtds - they just made the ski/binding/boot combo feel off weight wise, feels much better with full on alpine boots - surprise surprise). Am i tempted to get a second pair of wood108s and mount them with Shifts? Hell yes I am, but luckily I cannot afford to And yes, I prefer ON3P's top sheet and graphics over the Moment's, and the finishing (base) is better on ON3P as well imho. But all in all, pleasantly surprised by Moment and their wildcat108s (yeah, wrong thread).

Back to your issue - I dunno - both lengths will be fine imho. And if you are unsure and a fairly proficient skier, then I would not be afraid of sizing up.

On a different note - I am surprised that most people do not ride wildcats in 190. The 184 most be short in snow rich areas for people that are north of 178cm /75kg + in both widths. I would def not want them any shorter.
    Yeah after thinking about it more last night I think sizing up is the right move. I'm more likely to bothered by a ski that's too short than one that's too long. I did send the folks at ON3P and email so I'll see what they say and hopefully track down a demo at some point.

Interesting thoughts on the WC108. So do you think they ski smaller than your 182 Woodsman? If so is it just the difference in weight or what since the size is pretty much identical? I haven't skied any newer trendy light skis, so I have to say I was intrigued by the idea of the WC as a lighter jibby ski. I think I'll get out on my old 184 Bibbys this weekend to see how the size feels in non-powder conditions.

Quote Originally Posted by kid-kapow View Post

Wrong thread but I think the size down for jibby advice with moments is dated from when they used heavier cores. Now, the skis are all super “flickable” anyway so little reason to size down if you’re on the fence.

Finally got to fondle a pair of supergoats. Can't wait to get these on snow. 5.02kg for the pair, yaaaaaaaas

Quote Originally Posted by mtskibum16 View Post
    So do you think they ski smaller than your 182 Woodsman?
    Again, it has been two hours, and no back to back skiing - so take what I say with a grain of salt. The difference is down to wildcats being softer in the first and last fifths of the ski, and build (core) I believe. Their dimensions are very similar, but they ski a bit differently. I prefer wood108s thus far.

Quote Originally Posted by DumbIdeasOnly View Post
    Wrong thread
    Yeah, but let me rephrase to better convey what I was trying to say (but failed spectacularly at) - I think ON3P's sizing/chosen lengths and increments between skis is far superior than Moment's. I believe a 186 Jeffrey or 187 woodsman must be a much more appropriate ski for most users, user that I have hard time seeing buying 190 Moments (in spite of only being slightly longer than the aforementioned ON3Ps). 184 Moments just seem - after again two hours - to be short to be the main show in the line up. I dunno, it could be that their bread and butter is the 190. Anyway, kudos to Iggy for giving us skis at 5cm intervals to choose from.

Quote Originally Posted by theetruscan View Post
    Finally got to fondle a pair of supergoats. Can't wait to get these on snow. 5.02kg for the pair, yaaaaaaaas
    Get some!

Btw - any mags with this year's C&Ds? It would be oh so sweet to see some closeups of the graphics
    Last edited by kid-kapow; 02-13-2020 at 11:34 AM.

Dudes!
    Just got a set of 187 108 Woodsmans. Im 5'10" and 190, ski tighter shit at Bridger Bowl. Demoed the 182s from the shop at the recommended -6 and it seemed wayyyyy too far forward. Im thinking more like -10 or 12. I skied the 184 Wrens for a couple years and liked the further back mount. I definitely dont ski backwards. Thoughts? Personal Experience?
    Heres a Couple Rad Pictures too.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	P1060292.jpg 
Views:	178 
Size:	862.2 KB 
ID:	315836Click image for larger version. 

Name:	P1030125.jpg 
Views:	142 
Size:	510.7 KB 
ID:	315837
    Fall Line Will Set You Free

Top pic looks sweet!
    Personally i wouldnt stray more than 1 from recommended. For the same reasons. You want to drive them but if you move to far back its like the tail disappears. You cant drive through the end of the turn with no tail. Couldnt you adjust the demo bindings on the demo to try it?

Sent from my SM-G950W using TGR Forums mobile app

If you want a mount that far back, you should be on wrens.

I’ve got a NIP pair of 189 wren 108 ti that I am thinking about selling if you (or anyone in this thread) is interested. Would give a significant discount over retail. Shoot me a pm

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I saw CallMeAl the other day, so maybe he can set you up with a demo of the proper length to try? I didn’t ask him about a demo schedule.

Demoed 182 and bought 187?

You think that won’t get you the support you want?

Should have gone 192.

Buy the proper length and trust the line. IMHO YMMV ETC

anyone know if ON3P still does custom tour layup orders? didn't see it in the options anymore but didn't look too carefully. and/or will they work with you via email or anything?

Word is there’s a new tour core in development. Maybe worth the wait. I’m saving my pennies.

Thats what im waiting for/fingers crossed

Sent from my SM-G950W using TGR Forums mobile app

Quote Originally Posted by jackattack View Post
    Word is there’s a new tour core in development. Maybe worth the wait. I’m saving my pennies.
    rad. my pendulum is swinging back toward heavier touring skis but 1950g for what I want (179 Wren 96) is still a bit more than I'd like... I'll wait and see

I picked up some 189 BG a few weeks back. I've been skiing them with the factory tune so far. I picked these up as replacements for my OG squad 7 and so far they are everything I hoped they'd be. Super damp, they love speed and better than I expected of the groomed.

Sitting in the garage tonight, getting prepped for my sons u10 slalom race this weekend.

I know on3p sets the base/edge at 1/1. I don't have a 1° block for my razor tune. Thoughts on going to 2° for the side edge on my new BG?

Yeah, we’ll have to see what comes of it. Attempting to be patient.

Quote Originally Posted by usdatele View Post
    Dudes!
    Just got a set of 187 108 Woodsmans. Im 5'10" and 190, ski tighter shit at Bridger Bowl. Demoed the 182s from the shop at the recommended -6 and it seemed wayyyyy too far forward. Im thinking more like -10 or 12. I skied the 184 Wrens for a couple years and liked the further back mount. I definitely dont ski backwards. Thoughts? Personal Experience?
    I thought my 187 108 Woodsmen had a lot of tail my first day. It took me a couple days to get really comfortable with them, but now I wouldn't think about mounting them anywhere but recommended.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	P1060292.jpg 
Views:	178 
Size:	862.2 KB 
ID:	315836
    You didn't take that top picture. That's been my wallpaper on my work computer for years. I think Tone took that (rip).

Anyone touring on Billy Goats standard layup?

Heavily eyeing BG+Shift as main pow ski+sidecountry touring

ON3P SKIS Discussion

Dudes!
    I’d say trust the mount or get a Wren. Why would you buy a Woodsman if you wanted a traditional mount?

^ how traditional is the wren mount?