Page 469 of 599 FirstFirst ... 464 465 466 467 468 469 470 471 472 473 474 ... LastLast
Results 11,701 to 11,725 of 14972
    It’s interesting people who have skied the steeples or skinny Billy models are pretty hot about them and refer to them as cold dead hand boards. I’m on my 4th variation- just receiving new custom BG110s. I’ve had 2 pairs of regular BGs, and now have none.
    I’d be careful about taking advise against them by people who haven’t skied them..

I wouldn't mind a sanity check here if people want to weigh in...

Looking at a pretty solid deal on a 2019 Billy Goat with pivots. The trick is that it'll be a "one ski quiver" likely for the 21/22 season (or at least most of it).

Effectively, I upgraded my boots and belated realized my current bindings aren't gripwalk compatible. Skis aren't worth enough to buy new bindings and remount. Located in the PNW and will mainly be skiing Crystal this year as a solidly intermediate (but advancing quickly) skier.

I'm okay if they're not absolutely amazing on groomers all the time, just don't want to shoot myself in the foot by picking up something I'd rather use as a shotski than cruise blue runs with my partner.

You could do a lot worse than Billy Goats as a one ski quiver, but you probably won't be too happy on days when it hasn't snowed recently.

Quote Originally Posted by Ørion View Post

Looking at a pretty solid deal on a 2019 Billy Goat with pivots. The trick is that it'll be a "one ski quiver" likely for the 21/22 season (or at least most of it).

Effectively, I upgraded my boots and belated realized my current bindings aren't gripwalk compatible. Skis aren't worth enough to buy new bindings and remount. Located in the PNW and will mainly be skiing Crystal this year as a solidly intermediate (but advancing quickly) skier.

I'm okay if they're not absolutely amazing on groomers all the time, just don't want to shoot myself in the foot by picking up something I'd rather use as a shotski than cruise blue runs with my partner.

I DD'd BGs for a couple years at Crystal (and OG Cease & Desists for a year before that!) and they're great there. Ideal tool. The groomers there mostly suck anyway and the best skiing is stash-crashing. On average years you'll be perma-grinned and on a low-snow year you may want something narrower occasionally.

Quote Originally Posted by CascadeLuke View Post
    It’s interesting people who have skied the steeples or skinny Billy models are pretty hot about them and refer to them as cold dead hand boards. I’m on my 4th variation- just receiving new custom BG110s. I’ve had 2 pairs of regular BGs, and now have none.
    I’d be careful about taking advise against them by people who haven’t skied them..
    Since I recommended against the BG110 for skiracer, here's some background:
    -I have not skied the current BG110
    -I own two pairs of BG116
    -I skied one of the very early skinny BG prototypes. Something like 9 years ago.
    -I've skied quite a bit with skiracer and am extremely familiar with the terrain and snow conditions he skis on a regular basis

So I don't think I need to ski the current BG110 to recommend against it for him, specifically. I can see it being a cold dead hands ski for some people and some locations and wouldn't recommend against it to everyone - but would for him.

I mean, Scott has said the BG was designed for Crystal
    90% of skiing is just looking cool

Quote Originally Posted by Norseman View Post
    I DD'd BGs for a couple years at Crystal (and OG Cease & Desists for a year before that!) and they're great there. Ideal tool. The groomers there mostly suck anyway and the best skiing is stash-crashing. On average years you'll be perma-grinned and on a low-snow year you may want something narrower occasionally.
    Sounds like this guy isn't "Stash Crashing" (love that term btw) but skiing blues with the partner while, assumedly, working on progressing his own skiing when he gets the chance.

I've never skied BGs, and am eager to try.. so not commenting on the recommendation or lack thereof.

Just think you are imaging the goat as a dd for yourself vs one for a self-declared progressing intermediate.

Looking at a pretty solid deal on a 2019 Billy Goat with pivots. The trick is that it'll be a "one ski quiver" ...mainly be skiing Crystal this year
    Been doing exactly this for 4 seasons now. "Cold dead hands" type of ski. Buy it, and see the light. A warning though, everything else will kind of suck in comparison.

For real though, when I bought them my first impression was that they may have been a little beyond my ability. My second day impression was that they absolutely crush. The only 'bad' days I've had on them would've been bad on pretty much anything. Buy them, and maybe add a beater skinny setup in the future if you really feel the need.

GIVE HIM THE GOAT(se)!
    Name:  att00056.png
Views: 1341
Size:  148.2 KB

Quote Originally Posted by Huskydoc View Post
    Been doing exactly this for 4 seasons now. "Cold dead hands" type of ski. Buy it, and see the light. A warning though, everything else will kind of suck in comparison.

For real though, when I bought them my first impression was that they may have been a little beyond my ability. My second day impression was that they absolutely crush. The only 'bad' days I've had on them would've been bad on pretty much anything. Buy them, and maybe add a beater skinny setup in the future if you really feel the need.
    Quote Originally Posted by Norseman View Post
    Y'all twisted my arm and it was too good to pass up. Worst case scenario, I'll catch and release them. They do seem comically large compared to my wife's skis though.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20211027_192906.jpg 
Views:	218 
Size:	663.4 KB 
ID:	390590

One of us! Just swap sides and you're set.

Sent from my SM-G965U1 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Brasso View Post
    One of us! Just swap sides and you're set.

Sent from my SM-G965U1 using Tapatalk
    Heh, woops.

Side note, was almost James Bond, serial number is 006

Y'all twisted my arm and it was too good to pass up. Worst case scenario, I'll catch and release them. They do seem comically large compared to my wife's skis though.

Nice catch. You're going to be stoked. Goats are fun everywhere, but are maniacal cackle out loud awesome in their preferred habitat. Enjoy!

Quote Originally Posted by Undertow View Post
    Kid, you are killing it with your responses - very detailed and informative - def an asset to the board…

I sold my the OG Woods 108 as when I flexed them they just were not what I was expecting…. I have a pretty big ON3P quiver and to date my Wren 98 and 108 are my favorite skis - they just do everything well…. On the flip side I have 191 116 Kartels and were a main reason for having some of the best POW days…. They are obviously at the complete opposite end of the ski spectrum when compared to the Wren…. So when I heard about Iggy and crew creating a ski that would be the baby if the Wren and Kartel had sex…

I called into ON3P this spring as I was interested in the 110 Billy as an inbounds POW travel ski…. I was lucky enough to talk to the man himself and he was super stoked on the Woods and the changes they made…. That was enough for me…

As stated there was change to the flex - tails were soften a bit but from the mid section to the tip it is still beefy…. As far as mount point I do not believe there is to much tail…. For reference I have put the 192 Woods next to my 193 SGs and beloved 189 108 Wrens…. Not a perfect way to compare but should give you an idea…

I am super excited for these skis and if they ski the way I am hoping I will be begging Iggy to make a 116+…
    Thanks for the kind words and the added detail on the new woods - can't wait to receive mine as well!

Reichman with another tease of the new Jeff110 graphic. Yeah, kinda hard to make out the details, but they sure as hell seem to be another banger. Can't wait for it and the rest of the line to drop.

Name:	IMG_4544.jpg 
Views:	171 
Size:	609.4 KB 
ID:	390976Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_4545.jpg 
Views:	177 
Size:	496.9 KB 
ID:	390975

Welcome to the crystal goat crew!

Quote Originally Posted by eSock View Post
    If you see a dude in a bright blue Rush jacket looking lost on Goats, say hello!

Quote Originally Posted by eSock View Post
    Just had a vision of a rad topsheet with a crystal goat on it - needs to be made!

Googled "crystal goat" and this Swarovski crystal goat is what I got LOL. NOT what I had in mind.

Sidenote: never skied Crystal, but heard amazing things - need to bring my goats out there one of these days!

Name:	Screen Shot 2021-11-02 at 3.47.15 PM.jpg 
Views:	178 
Size:	242.1 KB 
ID:	391303
    Last edited by WILLSKIFAST; 11-02-2021 at 04:17 PM.

I think Crystal Swarovski goat is a rad graphic for a top sheet

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Little deep and wide on the ON3P quiver for our area but really stoked to DD the Woods110 this season and of course I can’t be without a Billygoat since primarily skiing some iteration of it since 2010. I skied the Wren108 for a few seasons but admittedly I’m in the camp of wanting a bit of a looser version since getting lazier with technique, hence the WD. Such a beautiful and vibrant graphic on both the WD110 and BGT116, love it.

I wanted to mount the Woods slightly back to more match the mount point of skis like the BG, Enforcer104, Ranger102 but the boys said to leave as is for optimal performance for the sidecut…so I mounted 0.5cm back to make myself feel better.

My first mount on the Pivots/CAST, one toe piece is tighter than the other for transitions so hopefully it eases up over time. Now to decide on Raw or Gold Pivot/2nd Cast for the BG.

^^Baller

A) Would you like a pair of skis sir?
    B) Nah, I'ma take 3

Anyone experimented with mounting a Steeple slightly forward of the line? Don’t want to fuck with the RES but they seem so surfy and the tips are so long I’m curious how it’d ski
    Quote Originally Posted by other grskier View Post
    well, in the three years i've been skiing i bet i can ski most anything those 'pro's' i listed can, probably

Quote Originally Posted by Wes Mantooth View Post
    Anyone experimented with mounting a Steeple slightly forward of the line? Don’t want to fuck with the RES but they seem so surfy and the tips are so long I’m curious how it’d ski
    It's fine. Makes em hella fast side to side so awesome in the trees. Still float well. I've got my BG's @ +1.5 and love it.

Boing.....

Name:	Woodsman.jpg 
Views:	192 
Size:	559.9 KB 
ID:	391690

Custom Woodsman 110 with 50/50 layup, mounted with CAST/Pivot 15.
    Old's Cool.

184cm Wren 114s for sale in Denver

Yo what's up guys. I can't post a listing on the gear swap but I am selling a pair of 184cm wrenegade 114s. They are mounted up (first mount) with sth2 wtr 13s at rec for a 28 but adjusted to fit my boots (26.5). They are custom black with green sidewalls and have barely been ridden (<10 days). Text me (three-one-seven-7-six-seven-one-eight-0-five) if you are interested and I can send you pictures and/or answer any questions. Was going to sell them for $425 as a set for local pickup in Boulder/Denver Co.

Quote Originally Posted by cmsummit View Post
    Boing.....

Name:	Woodsman.jpg 
Views:	192 
Size:	559.9 KB 
ID:	391690

Custom Woodsman 110 with 50/50 layup, mounted with CAST/Pivot 15.
    YES
    You should have been here yesterday!