Page 116 of 598 FirstFirst ... 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 ... LastLast
Results 2,876 to 2,900 of 14945
    Thanks. That sounds good and makes sense. The last BG I owned/skied was the og 191. Does the new 189 ski any shorter? My understanding was that it didn’t which has been steering me toward the 184.

Quote Originally Posted by wwwllw View Post
    Thanks. That sounds good and makes sense. The last BG I owned/skied was the og 191. Does the new 189 ski any shorter? My understanding was that it didn’t which has been steering me toward the 184.
    No, it’s the same ski length with 3cm cut off the tail.

My understanding is the new version is considerably easier to ski than the OG 191. Whether that translates to "shorter" for you will partly depend on your style and partly depend on the terrain (in steep, tight trees, length is length).
    "Alpine rock and steep, deep powder are what I seek, and I will always find solace there." - Bean Bowers

photos

And recall that the much more effective RES shape can into play for the 12-13 model.

I'm looking forward to SupreChicken's thoughts on OG BG vs asym BG. My OG 191 BGs are incredibly fun, and nimble as long as I'm going fast. I wouldn't say they're ideal for tight trees, though it might just be me being a bad skier.

I always look at the C&D, but the BG has been something I can travel with as an only ski. It's not great for harder snow, but as long as I find stashes, I can have a good time. I'm excited to see how the C&D changes.

Quote Originally Posted by Norseman View Post
    And recall that the much more effective RES shape can into play for the 12-13 model.
    Yes, exactly. OG 191 is 11.12 version, which had an early version of RES and by all accounts wasn't nearly as good of a ski.

theetruscan -- chicken has a newer version of RES 191 (the year before they switched to 189, IIRC), not the OG.
    "Alpine rock and steep, deep powder are what I seek, and I will always find solace there." - Bean Bowers

photos

Quote Originally Posted by wwwllw View Post
    If guys are using the BG mainly for powder days and have a 2nd ski for low tide days why not use the c&d as a big day ski and a wren 108 for everything else. I have Bibbys and Quixotes. Always been a bibby fan because of its versatility, although the Quixote seems to be replacing it for me. If the BG isn’t great on hard snow like the bibby or Quixote why not get the bigger ski? Trying to decide between the BG and whatever new C&D type ski they are releasing next. Will likely be paired with wren 98 or 108.
    You need the C&D.

Call it the optimism 2 ski quiver: BG and C&D. Get out of here with that 108 BS.

Comparison review forthcoming. I need more time on the asym. I do think it skis shorter than the 191 even though on paper it really shouldn’t. It’s nimble. Quicker in bumps and tight spaces. Does give up a little of the chop erasing performance of the 191. I need some untracked runs without a raincrust. Not sure about hardpack yet.
    wait!!!! waitwaitwaitwaitwaitwaitwaitwait...Wait!
    Zoolander wasn't a documentary?

Quote Originally Posted by SupreChicken View Post
    ... Not sure about hardpack yet.
    Powtron was right. Any wonky behavior on hardpack stems from driving forward. Just remember to ski center-weighted on hardpack.

... Thom
    Galibier Design
    crafting technology in service of music

Kartel 108 181
    Wren 108 184
    C&D 191
    Steeple 98 184

These are all in the Seattle area with a 306 BSL tech binding mount. If anyone has a compatible boot and wants to try, let’s do some laps in Feb - message me.

Quote Originally Posted by Rowen View Post
    Kartel 108 181
    Wren 108 184
    C&D 191
    Steeple 98 184

These are all in the Seattle area with a 306 BSL tech binding mount. If anyone has a compatible boot and wants to try, let’s do some laps in Feb - message me.
    I will gladly take you up on that. Very interested in the Kartel and Wren in those widths and lengths. Missed the demo day last year at stevens so trying to catch up.
    Common sense. So rare today in America it's almost like having a superpower.

Quote Originally Posted by SupreChicken View Post
    Call it the optimism 2 ski quiver: BG and C&D. Get out of here with that 108 BS.

Comparison review forthcoming. I need more time on the asym. I do think it skis shorter than the 191 even though on paper it really shouldn’t. It’s nimble. Quicker in bumps and tight spaces. Does give up a little of the chop erasing performance of the 191. I need some untracked runs without a raincrust. Not sure about hardpack yet.
    Same length on the snow so to speak, correct. But the updated RES does make them turn quicker when driving the ski and they are a lot more nimble in tight spaces in my opinion, so looks like you are seeing the same thing vs the 191.

And yes get rid of that raincrust nonsense and enjoy
    You should have been here yesterday!

Quote Originally Posted by steveski View Post
    I will gladly take you up on that. Very interested in the Kartel and Wren in those widths and lengths. Missed the demo day last year at stevens so trying to catch up.
    We are about to add two Stevens Demo Days (1 in Feb, 1 in March). Will add to our calendar as soon as they are confirmed.
    You should have been here yesterday!

Haven’t been on an ON3P ski since the o.g. BGs. Happy to be back. Impressed with how well the Wren 98s obey. I expected burlier/more demanding/directional but loving their ease and nimbleness. Awesome blend of stability and grace.

Uno mas

Had the Wren 98’s in breakable rain crust today after it softened up a bit. Started tentative but soon felt confident, no hooking or catching edges. Love these skis!

I had my Wren 98’s out for the first time today in 8 inches of wet snow on top of frozen rain. I found them really hooky and only wanting to run straight. Im going to detune the tips and tails and try them out again.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Quote Originally Posted by PowTron View Post
    We are about to add two Stevens Demo Days (1 in Feb, 1 in March). Will add to our calendar as soon as they are confirmed.
    That is excellent news.
    Common sense. So rare today in America it's almost like having a superpower.

BillyGoats killed random breakable crusts and soft served recycled pow underneath. Impressing me more and more.

Quote Originally Posted by slowroastin View Post
    I had my Wren 98’s out for the first time today in 8 inches of wet snow on top of frozen rain. I found them really hooky and only wanting to run straight. Im going to detune the tips and tails and try them out again.

Not sure edge tune plays a factor here.
    Uno mas

Quote Originally Posted by Leavenworth Skier View Post
    BillyGoats killed random breakable crusts and soft served recycled pow underneath. Impressing me more and more.

If yer gonna eat crow, might as well be a proper place setting.
    Uno mas

Quote Originally Posted by slowroastin View Post

Are you still on the factory tune?

ON3P SKIS Discussion

Quote Originally Posted by rainy512day View Post
    Are you still on the factory tune?
    Yes, I wanted to try it out and go from there. Any suggestions?

It could have been the snow but I dont have enough time on them yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Doremite View Post
    Not sure edge tune plays a factor here.
    Can you expand on that comment for the peanut gallery?

Sent from my SM-G900R4 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by uglymoney View Post
    Can you expand on that comment for the peanut gallery?

Sent from my SM-G900R4 using Tapatalk
    Was assuming, perhaps incorrectly, that he was skiing gloppy snow that could make a ski feel hooky regardless of tune.
    Uno mas