Page 461 of 599 FirstFirst ... 456 457 458 459 460 461 462 463 464 465 466 ... LastLast
Results 11,501 to 11,525 of 14969
    Anyone know if BGT 118's are actually sold out or are they still in the production queue somewhere?

Quote Originally Posted by flatland View Post
    Anyone know if BGT 118's are actually sold out or are they still in the production queue somewhere?
    Still in the production queue.
    Training for Alpental

Quote Originally Posted by kid-kapow View Post
    if I may be a bit blunt, are your posts meant as internal deliberations posted in this thread or something you actually expect feedback on?

If the latter, be specific - what skis do you have and like, what conditions do you ride and what balance point / stance do you prefer in skis. What is it you want feedback on? WD108 tails vs what gen mantra in low tide tight tree conditions?

There are bound to be mags in the thread that can provide feedback on the latter, but not if the posts are cryptic inferences to a unknown quiver or boils down to personal deliberations about price point acceptability.

yeah, I am a bit cranky sat here with some fractured ribs, but I do not understand your posts.
    That's a reminder not to post drain-brained at 1am I guess. The repeated knocks to the head after encountering snow snakes also tends to induce rambling.

The feedback, would be confirmation (or disagreement) on my self-assessment and whether the WD110 will fit in that 'middle ground' between the current sticks and mesh with my typing. Or point me to another option if it fits better. See below.

The research and self-assessment has told me the WD is roughly what i'm looking for, but chances of a demo remotely nearby or even this side of the border are like my physical state: slim and none. For the curious the quiver is a crapsnow and daily 184 M102, softy 190 Wildcat, and a (TBD) 181 Paradise Red for shallower tree adventures. The M102 worked fine every day until I determined that sometimes the tail holds on in a little -too- well when dodging spruces, and having to unweigh it to pivot and/or skidding to slow down and breaking the rhythm for a whole day wrecked my legs.

Aggressive skier that pulls back a bit on the mountain-hating when its softer. Run directional-ish skis that 'lock in' as determined by the conditions, but have at least some liveliness to them and can break away from the edge when the will demands it without too much fussing; basically neither un-bendable plank-missiles nor soft noodles. And I adore how each of these work for me when used on the right day.

I want that ski closest to that impossible unicorn where I won't regret taking it out on any day (because days where the Wildcat is necessary in a season are counted on one hand here). Right now i'm split on the 190 Deathwish and 187 WD110, but triple camber and the more forward mount of the former spooks me until I can try it. In comparison to skis I've demo'd in that width range, the Enforcer 110 while enjoyable enough felt too 'babied' and ran like a fat mantra that had a tendency to lose its tail edge a lot; Marksman just a nope.

yeah, my bad if my aching ribs caught you in the crossfire there bud

as for first gen WD108 and M102 - two skis I actually have - while their balance points are pretty different, their slow speed nimbleness are not terribly different imho. There is a larger difference at speed though, where WD108s are alot looser in soft snow due to their long rocker zones and a fair bit of splay (much more than m102s). WD108s more centered mount point also gives them a better balance in the air, but you also notice that there is more tail out back in certain conditions or if you are caught in the back seat. I prefer WD108s stouter underfoot/front of binding flex to the m102s flex pattern.

as for WD108 or Deathwish mount points, if your Wildcats are mounted on the line at -6 then you'll do fine with either of previous skis at recommended. Deathwishes are pretty approachable skis from what I gather - I have never skied a pair though, so I would not be overly concerned that you will not get along with them. WD108s should be a fair bit more chargy.

I am guessing that new WD110 is a bit more similar to M102s being a bit more directional than wd108s were ,due to their reworked mount point (moved back 1.5cm compared to the first gen) and slightly more directional flex pattern (slightly softer back skis), just looser and better in soft snow. I do not have my pair on hand yet though, so that is mostly speculation though based on feedback in this thread - though to be fai, I am really really excited about the new WD110s. M102s will have superior grip on hard snow, though I have never found WD108s to be wanting on groomers.

i would perhaps urge you to go for the new model as it kinda sounds like a better fit, though again - if you enjoy wildcats on the line then you'll be fine on the first gen version as well.

you could also consider wildcat108s. They are a bit rounder flex wise compared to Wildcats, and def a bit less chargy than first gen wd108s. They are strong on hard snow as well. Read Blister's reviews of wildcat108s and wood108s to get a pretty good understanding of their differences.

So here it is; the ON3P-part of the quiver.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	bilde.jpg 
Views:	145 
Size:	1.14 MB 
ID:	386239

L-->R: 187 WD102, 186 W102, 189 W108, 186 BG, 189 C&D

Previously I've also owned OG 191 Wrens, OG 191 C&Ds and 191 BG tours. I have no good answer to why I sold any of those, except for the 191 Wrens, which was complete overkill for most of the terrain / days I ski. If I could buy them all back I'd do it in a heartbeat.

Very, very nice!

I am guessing the WD102s will get Pivots as well? Should be a strong contender for Cast too - should be an awesome travel ski.

I just found out Tunet Sport in Hemsedal stocks Cast and second ski kits too, if at a bit of a premium compared to ordering them directly - but still, nice to know that they can be easily gotten a hold of in our neck of the woods too.

Quote Originally Posted by sf View Post
    So here it is; the ON3P-part of the quiver.

Name:	bilde.jpg 
Views:	145 
Size:	1.14 MB 
ID:	386239
    L-->R: 187 WD102, 186 W102, 189 W108, 186 BG, 189 C&D
    the Wren 102 is still my all-time fav topsheet from ON3P.
    I understand that this original art file was lost.

Very, very nice!

I am guessing the WD102s will get Pivots as well? Should be a strong contender for Cast too - should be an awesome travel ski.
    Yeah, might move the CAST over from the 108s. We'll see when I have a few days on them

Quote Originally Posted by N1CK. View Post
    the Wren 102 is still my all-time fav topsheet from ON3P.
    I understand that this original art file was lost.
    They're really nice, and over the years they have really grown on me as a allround ski. Flex started softening a bit last year, so I guess they are starting to show their age.

Took them into a shop at a small groomer focused resort for a quick edge tune last year. Got the full race spa treatment for next to nothing since the tech like them so much

I'm not really in the market for skis this year - I went big last year and plopped down for two pairs - but I love the topsheets this year and the old-school Wren graphic is extra rad.

WHAT ARE THOOOOSE???

Name:	IMG_5442.jpg 
Views:	151 
Size:	712.2 KB 
ID:	386453

Quote Originally Posted by SnakeMagnet View Post
    That's a reminder not to post drain-brained at 1am I guess. The repeated knocks to the head after encountering snow snakes also tends to induce rambling.

The feedback, would be confirmation (or disagreement) on my self-assessment and whether the WD110 will fit in that 'middle ground' between the current sticks and mesh with my typing. Or point me to another option if it fits better. See below.

The research and self-assessment has told me the WD is roughly what i'm looking for, but chances of a demo remotely nearby or even this side of the border are like my physical state: slim and none. For the curious the quiver is a crapsnow and daily 184 M102, softy 190 Wildcat, and a (TBD) 181 Paradise Red for shallower tree adventures. The M102 worked fine every day until I determined that sometimes the tail holds on in a little -too- well when dodging spruces, and having to unweigh it to pivot and/or skidding to slow down and breaking the rhythm for a whole day wrecked my legs.

Aggressive skier that pulls back a bit on the mountain-hating when its softer. Run directional-ish skis that 'lock in' as determined by the conditions, but have at least some liveliness to them and can break away from the edge when the will demands it without too much fussing; basically neither un-bendable plank-missiles nor soft noodles. And I adore how each of these work for me when used on the right day.

I want that ski closest to that impossible unicorn where I won't regret taking it out on any day (because days where the Wildcat is necessary in a season are counted on one hand here). Right now i'm split on the 190 Deathwish and 187 WD110, but triple camber and the more forward mount of the former spooks me until I can try it. In comparison to skis I've demo'd in that width range, the Enforcer 110 while enjoyable enough felt too 'babied' and ran like a fat mantra that had a tendency to lose its tail edge a lot; Marksman just a nope.
    Paradise? I assume you ski in Alberta/BC? I get the RCR super pass and ski Louise, Kicking Horse and Fernie for resorts.

My resort quiver is M102 184 for harder snow, Billygoat 184 for powder, and the Deathwish for in between. I got them in the 184 specifically for tree skiing. I'm 178cm tall, about 175 lbs.

My partner had the M102 177 for hard snow, Wildcat 179 for powder, and Woodsman 108 177 for in between. She's much lighter at 170 cm and 130 lbs. At her size the 177 woodsman were a bit cumbersome in tight places at low speeds. She loved them in variable snow with space to allow them to run. Her quiver had 3 big skis (for her size) so she replaced the woodsman for the 174 deathwish. It's a much smaller ski, and skis like a smaller ski. It's easier in tight spots for her, but requires a more active style in the open.

These observations may not be relevant given probable size differences, but I would expect the woodsman to feel more composed than the Deathwish at speed and through chop. The deathwish might be a bit easier when things are really tight or if you are picking your way through unfamiliar terrain.

The ON3P skis we have owned have taken abuse better than any other brands. I've taken the goats out in a lot of November baseless powder days at louise, and they've always survived. Both ON3Ps stood out in warm sloppy fresh snow as well. They're seriously fun during those Fernie storms that come in wet.

^^Arr you the real Mike Rogers?

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Rogers View Post
    Paradise? I assume you ski in Alberta/BC? I get the RCR super pass and ski Louise, Kicking Horse and Fernie for resorts.

My resort quiver is M102 184 for harder snow, Billygoat 184 for powder, and the Deathwish for in between. I got them in the 184 specifically for tree skiing. I'm 178cm tall, about 175 lbs.

My partner had the M102 177 for hard snow, Wildcat 179 for powder, and Woodsman 108 177 for in between. She's much lighter at 170 cm and 130 lbs. At her size the 177 woodsman were a bit cumbersome in tight places at low speeds. She loved them in variable snow with space to allow them to run. Her quiver had 3 big skis (for her size) so she replaced the woodsman for the 174 deathwish. It's a much smaller ski, and skis like a smaller ski. It's easier in tight spots for her, but requires a more active style in the open.

These observations may not be relevant given probable size differences, but I would expect the woodsman to feel more composed than the Deathwish at speed and through chop. The deathwish might be a bit easier when things are really tight or if you are picking your way through unfamiliar terrain.

The ON3P skis we have owned have taken abuse better than any other brands. I've taken the goats out in a lot of November baseless powder days at louise, and they've always survived. Both ON3Ps stood out in warm sloppy fresh snow as well. They're seriously fun during those Fernie storms that come in wet.
    I'm curious how you both get along with the M102. I'm considering this ski and debating lengths (168cm, 145lb). Particularly for your partner I would've thought that's a pretty big stiff ski for her size and weight. Thx.

Probably not the right thread to be discussing it, but that's the company, local. Ski at a glance looks/feels like a touch stiffer Wildcat 101 in shape/weight/mount but with a Commander's tail and PU sidewalls and over-built like them and ON3P. Not sure how it's going to go but I imagine would be good choice for a CAST and for the crust-with-dust days spent in the trees, esp. if it punches above weight in dampness. Pic's in the quiver thread.

Both ON3Ps stood out in warm sloppy fresh snow
    Kinda leans it to the WD110 as I was feeling. Gonna take it touch-feel this season. If I feel like on better snow days the Mantra's not being playful enough and the cat is overkill, and that gap is still too big then the wallet's gonna hate me. I'm kind of awkwardly between most sizes on account of being a 191 lamp post, so I have no choice but to be picky about skis (a 'true' 185 would be perfect, and my ego got checked a decade ago). Pray I can somehow come across a demo of them.

Quote Originally Posted by WILLSKIFAST View Post
    WHAT ARE THOOOOSE???

Name:	IMG_5442.jpg 
Views:	151 
Size:	712.2 KB 
ID:	386453
    Those are rad! New Jeff????

Quote Originally Posted by Cars Suck View Post
    New Jeff????
    I doubt it. Those look like custom blacks with tie dye replacing the white.

As for Jeffs, the military operation type script that has been depicted a couple of times on insta is the tease there - it even says Je 11 in the bottom part if you look closely. Jeffreys have had a military/bomber theme since re-becoming the Jeff, so chances are that theme evolves this year, but stays consistent to the overarching theme.

Name:	Skjermbilde 2021-09-25 kl. 18.31.33.jpg 
Views:	141 
Size:	310.3 KB 
ID:	386571
    Should be awesome.

Oxcart program was the A-12, which became the SR-71 in case that helps with speculation.

Quote Originally Posted by abraham View Post
    Oxcart program was the A-12, which became the SR-71 in case that helps with speculation.
    Name:  2Cgmptw.gif
Views: 1022
Size:  527.0 KB
    Training for Alpental

Quote Originally Posted by abraham View Post
    JE-11 ; A-12

I see what they did there.

Quote Originally Posted by tuco View Post
    ^^Arr you the real Mike Rogers?
    Mike Rogers.
    This is actually a serious question.
    You from Montana, spent quite a few yrs Utarded?

I doubt it. Those look like custom blacks with tie dye replacing the white.
    That's an option!?!?!? Since when??? Don't see it on the ski builder.

Not everything you see on their IG is an option on the custom builder…

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Quote Originally Posted by WILLSKIFAST View Post
    That's an option!?!?!? Since when??? Don't see it on the ski builder.
    just ask them if they are willing to do some minor changes to a graphic if you have something you want changed/added, as long as it is relatively easy - they might say yes.

I think updating the custom gallery to showcase everything that is available as an option through customs (outside of special requests) is something that is in the works, but I kinda got the feeling that is on a relatively long list of to do items, so perhaps in time for next summer's custom sale?

and man, these jeffs teasers are just something else. Perhaps I need to revisit the idea to order some custom softer j110 and/or j118s...

Name:	243313749_4568997059851503_3354212302252815890_n.jpg 
Views:	122 
Size:	555.8 KB 
ID:	386997
    Last edited by kid-kapow; 09-28-2021 at 05:32 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by tuco View Post
    Mike Rogers.
    This is actually a serious question.
    You from Montana, spent quite a few yrs Utarded?
    Must be a different guy.

Must be a different guy.
    Too bad.
    Dude was the best skier I personally knew.