Page 136 of 599 FirstFirst ... 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 ... LastLast
Results 3,376 to 3,400 of 14972
    That makes sense I suppose. That would have killed me having sweet skis sitting unused. I look forward to your thoughts.

ON3P SKIS Discussion

Finally got on my C&D’s! 2017 version. Initial impressions..

Amazing in powder, and they smear, surf and pivot much better than I thought they would with the 38m radius and how much they like to charge the deep. You can only really feel that radius in tight trees. A little looser than Billy Goats IMO in perfect pow, and they float significantly easier with that huge tip rocker, but BGs are better for tighter stuff. They are also much better on soft groomers than I expected them to be, they link up pretty well. They are much more versatile than my old Moment Night Trains.

Still though, a little too much ski for me at Tahoe resorts. They last until about 11 AM on a powder day, then it’s back to the car to switch out for an All MTN ski. These would rock it at a place like Targhee or Kirkwood though.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    Last edited by Betelgeuse; 02-24-2018 at 04:09 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by JaytaeMoney View Post
    I bought mine on Black Friday. I have been dying to try them and I'm finally getting them mounted today... it was a pretty crappy snow year around here up until about 2 weeks ago. I was ready to put them into service and then my buddy blew out the edge and sidewall on his 3 hour old Rustler 11s so I backed off.
    Was in the same situation with my Billy Goats this year, they sat against the wall from November until February, but once they got on snow it made all the waiting worth it!

Saw some K108s and K116s on the slopes this weekend. The K116s would have been sweet where I was skiing. No sign of any BGs, but I was wishing I was on some!

Just skied my K108s for the first time, awesome ski. Do you recommend detuning the rockered sections of tips and tails on ON3Ps? There were a few instances where the tails felt a bit hooky (hooky probably the wrong word, just slower to release than what I'm used to) but that could be due to the fact that I'm still getting accustomed to being back on a center mounted ski, with a factory tune no less.

One pass per run with a soft gummy starting aft of the taper and working forward until the rocker contact point until satisfied is my recommendation. ON3Ps factory tune is awesome, but I sometimes like a pass or two with a gummi outside of the sidecut. For me, personally, I can tell a big difference in just one or two passes with a soft gummy, while I've read others using lots of passes with a hard gummy or even a file so YMMV.
    "Alpine rock and steep, deep powder are what I seek, and I will always find solace there." - Bean Bowers

photos

10-4. I use a soft gummy pretty liberally on the rockered sections every time my Blizzard skis get tuned. I'll ski with the thing in my pocket and ease into it on the K108s.

While the factory tune is great for most folks I run mine at 1:2 between rocker sections, softened through the rocker and rounded off past the contact points. My K108s are also mounted 2cm back from the hash mark. More or less the same for my BGs minus the mount location. Keep that shit on the line. Both get better the faster you ski and the more you trust and commit to the ski.

I skied a Kartel 108 a few runs each of the past two days. We had good pow, chop, crud, soft groomers and chopped up groomers. Even some icy bumps in a few steeper chutes. The K108 is awesome! What a great ski!

Where full grown men pretend to be cowboys
    Just skied my K108s for the first time, awesome ski. Do you recommend detuning the rockered sections of tips and tails on ON3Ps? There were a few instances where the tails felt a bit hooky (hooky probably the wrong word, just slower to release than what I'm used to) but that could be due to the fact that I'm still getting accustomed to being back on a center mounted ski, with a factory tune no less.
    Like auvgeek mentioned, our factory tune/detune can be on the sharp side for some folks. Others just ski it the way it is and never look back- this really comes down to personal preference.

I also like to knock down the edge outside of the sidecut on the K108s and K116s in my demo fleet. On my personal BGs however, I skied with a 1/1 SVST file and a gummy stone in my pocket until I found the sweet spot, then permanently detuned them on a belt from the tip to the point I found worked best for me. I leave the tail as-is.

I went this route so I could have my skis tuned by random shops without worrying about having them over-sharpened. I would NOT recommend doing this if you're concerned about resale value, or if you aren't 110% sure that you've found that sweet spot.

Quote Originally Posted by WMD View Post
    I skied a Kartel 108 a few runs each of the past two days. We had good pow, chop, crud, soft groomers and chopped up groomers. Even some icy bumps in a few steeper chutes. The K108 is awesome! What a great ski!
    Great meeting you WMD, glad you liked the skis.

If anybody else in the Bozeman area can't make any of the upcoming demos at Bridger (in front of the Round House- Mountain location, every Thursday in March), shoot me a PM and we can link up.

I'll be at Schweitzer for the Mega demo too. Ask me for change and I'll set our 13 DIN demo bindings to 14 for ya.

I’ve heard that on3p makes bomber durable skis. What makes it less likely for a core shot to happen to an on3p ski vs other skis? Do they use different base material than most other companies?

Quote Originally Posted by aguo5520 View Post
    I’ve heard that on3p makes bomber durable skis. What makes it less likely for a core shot to happen to an on3p ski vs other skis? Do they use different base material than most other companies?

Yes. They use not only the 4001 Durasurf bases, but they are 1.8mm thick. Most manufactures are more like 1.2 - 1.4mm thick.

ON3P SKIS Discussion

Thanks for getting me on the skis CallMeAl! But damn you because now I want a pair. Haha. Nice to meet you too.

Quote Originally Posted by CallMeAl View Post
    Ask me for change and I'll set our 13 DIN demo bindings to 14 for ya.
    But will they be mounted on a 13/14 191 Billy Goat?
    "Alpine rock and steep, deep powder are what I seek, and I will always find solace there." - Bean Bowers

photos

Quote Originally Posted by auvgeek View Post
    But will they be mounted on a 13/14 191 Billy Goat?
    No, but I'm currently sitting at my house waiting for the FedEx man to show up with some '18-'19 goodies.

10-4. I use a soft gummy pretty liberally on the rockered sections every time my Blizzard skis get tuned. I'll ski with the thing in my pocket and ease into it on the K108s.
    Hit the tails with a soft gummy today, three or four passes on the rockered sections. Left the tips alone for now. Money!!!

ON3P SKIS Discussion

A pair of Jesse 112 in 176 for Sale in Jackson, $500. 2015/2016

“ON3P’s Women’s powder ski. 176 length, 112 underfoot. Rocker/Camber/Rocker. Only used once, perfect condition, look brand new. With Tyrollia AAAttack 16 bindings - mildly used (remounted from another ski). Second pair made. Skis originally $700, USA made. Read Less”

It's March!

Does on3p do demo days in Tahoe?

Quote Originally Posted by timzy View Post
    Does on3p do demo days in Tahoe?
    No fleets in the area right now (current fleets are Portland, Bozeman, Crested Butte, Cincinnati, Boston). Honestly, not too many resorts that will host us in Tahoe, unfortunately.
    Seriously, this can’t turn into yet another ON3P thread....

Quote Originally Posted by iggyskier View Post
    No fleets in the area right now (current fleets are Portland, Bozeman, Crested Butte, Cincinnati, Boston). Honestly, not too many resorts that will host us in Tahoe, unfortunately.
    Looking forward to the Steven's pass demo on March 17.
    Common sense. So rare today in America it's almost like having a superpower.

Well I just had shoulder surgery yesterday, so my opportunity to demo is gone this season. Guess I’m going to hope for a set of Billygoats on sale and just go for it. I think it’s time. Any major changes expected for next year’s BG? Happy with the asym?

Quote Originally Posted by mtskibum16 View Post
    Well I just had shoulder surgery yesterday, so my opportunity to demo is gone this season. Guess I’m going to hope for a set of Billygoats on sale and just go for it. I think it’s time. Any major changes expected for next year’s BG? Happy with the asym?
    Bummer about the shoulder. I hope you are good to go soon. BG back unchanged for 2019. I have things I want to tweak & test, but right now that ski is super dialed so there won't be any changes to it until (maybe) the 2020 line.
    Seriously, this can’t turn into yet another ON3P thread....

Quote Originally Posted by iggyskier View Post
    Bummer about the shoulder. I hope you are good to go soon. BG back unchanged for 2019. I have things I want to tweak & test, but right now that ski is super dialed so there won't be any changes to it until (maybe) the 2020 line.
    Good to hear. Any real downside or funkiness to skiing the asym? Never been on a ski with it. I remember a reading a couple people didn’t click with the asym. I’m 99% sure I’ll have some BG for next year though.

I’ll be ready and raring to go next season. Tried to time it to give me some skiing time but also not blow the whole summer.