Page 487 of 599 FirstFirst ... 482 483 484 485 486 487 488 489 490 491 492 ... LastLast
Results 12,151 to 12,175 of 14969
    Quote Originally Posted by Bandit Man View Post
    Isn't the 192 basically a standard flex SuperGoat minus the Asym at this point?
    So like a 191 BG but 192?
    Training for Alpental

I never skied the super goats. I was never dumb enough to want that.

I will say the 192 Goats are helping me identify any issues with my boots. They have all of the happy to be going fast please maybe a bit faster feel of my 195 Confessions and 196 Bodacious but are significantly more manageable in tight places.

I am still thinking of putting more substantial touring bindings on the 187 Hybrid BGs to use them in the resort on lower angle and tighter terrain days. Kingpins or Tectons maybe.
    Last edited by XavierD; 01-06-2022 at 12:01 PM.

BG118:
    - 192cm
    - 145/118/128
    - 29.4m radius
    - 142.5cm EE
    - 2.43 kg
    - Woodsman mold (more camber)

SG:
    - 144/118/127 (2mm wider waist, 1mm wider in tip and tail vs stock BG)
    - 193cm Length Only
    - 147.5cm EE (slightly flatter tail than stock BG)
    - 29.9m radius
    - Asym
    - BGasym mold (flatter underfoot)

So pretty close, but also a bit different. I do not know what SG flex the BG118 192 compare to. I do not know if how they measure EE has changed since they released the SG. I do not know how more camber vs more ee evens out rally wise. Both are probably awesome skis for those who are big enough and skilled enough to warrent them.

I haven’t been on the new 118s but am happy to play switch with someone at alpental for science. My supergoats are 1.5x, mounted with Sth at 320mm. They have more top end then I do but are still easy to push around as required by my 6’3” 200lb dad bod.

I find my 1x SG’s very easy to ski for my 6’1” 180 pound frame. No top speed.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    I rip the groomed on tele gear

Quote Originally Posted by eSock View Post
    Any PNWers happen to have a spare set of 189 BGs they wouldn't mind renting out for the season (or selling)? I'm coming to terms with the fact I won't see my right ski till spring but don't know I can make it a season goatless
    Go rent a metal detector and go find it man.

Quote Originally Posted by Bandit Man View Post
    Someone is loving her first Pow day on her new Jessie 102’s. Amazing how much float 102-mm provides when you weigh 105-lbs!

Attachment 399723
    Would love to take them off your hands when/if your kids outgrows them! My wife is about her size and hopefully getting back to more skiing next season.

Quote Originally Posted by Sessiøn View Post
    My my main complaint with the older skis was there was too much float in the rear of the ski, so it was a little too balanced over the full body of the ski leaving you kind of flat when it came to the overall float, the change to more float in the forebody is definitely noticeable to me on this version, which has really been keeping me dancing between the BG and the Caylor/Jeffrey for years. But the new design/iteration keeps the playful freestyle feel I like, but still handles the crud. The feeling I get is kind of like the Bentchetler that while super fun in the soft, did not hold up to Mt Hood mid-mornings or afternoons. This holds up.
    Too much rear float is what ultimately moved me from old Bibby Pros to BGs. I really like the Bibbys for the most part, but especially in higher density deep snow they really skied too flat (as in parallel to the slope) which lead to tip dive problems for me and feeling the need to backseat them to keep the tips up. Really had to focus on fore/aft balance with them in deep. The J118s sound sick but I'm not sure how I'd pick between them and the BGs on a new snow day!

Quote Originally Posted by Sessiøn View Post
    My my main complaint with the older skis was there was too much float in the rear of the ski, so it was a little too balanced over the full body of the ski leaving you kind of flat when it came to the overall float, the change to more float in the forebody is definitely noticeable to me on this version, which has really been keeping me dancing between the BG and the Caylor/Jeffrey for years. But the new design/iteration keeps the playful freestyle feel I like, but still handles the crud. The feeling I get is kind of like the Bentchetler that while super fun in the soft, did not hold up to Mt Hood mid-mornings or afternoons. This holds up.
    This is really validating my J118 Tour purchase. Thanks!

I think my K108s are on their last legs after roughly 200 days in 4 seasons if anyone has a single 186cm ski or a set for sale! Do let me know.
    Would also consider the woodsman as well(needs to have the tune fixed if older)
    Pm me!!

Quote Originally Posted by 2FUNKY View Post
    Go rent a metal detector and go find it man.
    I did and we spent the full following day metal detecting + probing the suspected area...no goat.

Quote Originally Posted by XavierD View Post
    I never skied the super goats. I was never dumb enough to want that.
    Quote Originally Posted by detrusor View Post
    I find my 1x SG’s very easy to ski for my 6’1” 180 pound frame. No top speed.
    If you know, you know.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Resized_Screenshot_20220106-171924_Video_Player.jpeg 
Views:	213 
Size:	1.06 MB 
ID:	400015

Speaking of supergoats, I picked some up at the end of last season and mounted with demo bindings. If any mags in the Bay/Tahoe area are SG curious shoot me a message, I want to let people give them a go.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

ON3P SKIS Discussion

for on3pbg: longtime lurker (thanks for all the info) and don't know how to PM but I have a pair of 186 K108 with about 40 days on them that I have felt guilty about not using (mostly on Jeff96 or Wildcat 118 these days). Mounted with sth2-16 on the line for a 326mm boot. They have seen rails and many failed 360s but on3p so they still rip. Seattle area, let me know if you are interested.
    Last edited by jvs; 01-08-2022 at 01:02 PM. Reason: add username

Finally got my BG110 Tours out for a walk and I must say you guys have made something very special! My first new ON3Ps in a decade do not disappoint (and I'm still riding those 2011 Caylors).

Name:	20220107_112401.jpg 
Views:	148 
Size:	1.11 MB 
ID:	400130

Any chance anyone has 11/12 186 Vicik skins?

How do the current Cease and Desist compare to the Pillowfights? I like my 196 Pillowfights quite a bit, but they are coming up on 10 years old. The rest of my skis have improved substantially in that period of time, so I’m curious how the evolution of the deep sticks has come along. For instance, I know the BG has seen a lot of tweaks over the years that people generally seem stoked on. Only other RES ski I’ve been on has been the 2015 Billygoat. I guess ultimately I want to know if the C&D evolved more towards charger or playful. I tend to fall way towards the latter compared to most skiers here.

Quote Originally Posted by TexasGortex View Post
    How do the current Cease and Desist compare to the Pillowfights? I like my 196 Pillowfights quite a bit, but they are coming up on 10 years old. The rest of my skis have improved substantially in that period of time, so I’m curious how the evolution of the deep sticks has come along. For instance, I know the BG has seen a lot of tweaks over the years that people generally seem stoked on. Only other RES ski I’ve been on has been the 2015 Billygoat. I guess ultimately I want to know if the C&D evolved more towards charger or playful. I tend to fall way towards the latter compared to most skiers here.
    It’s more “easy af to ski” and “confidence inspiring” than “playful”

Lighter construction than your pillow fights.

There is no substitute for an RES tip in 3D snow.

Probably will beat you up less over the day. Less demanding to ski.

Won’t do switch in pow as well. But that’s probs like 1/10 skiers on here that actually have switch game in pow. I’m in the 9/10.
    wait!!!! waitwaitwaitwaitwaitwaitwaitwait...Wait!
    Zoolander wasn't a documentary?

keep in mind that the two C+Ds that are in stock right now are the last two of the current iteration that will be stocked, unless there are some factory finds. Iggy mentioned in the Blister podcast that he has plans for the next iteration as a custom option in the future, probably even more pow specific (more dramatic rocker lines like the previous iterations) than the current version due to the BG being made more pow-specific this year.

Also, there has also been talk a (good) while back of a limited run of Pillow Fights in the current construction. I do not know if the ski will be tweaked or not, but Covid affecting production, customs exploding this year and restocking their most popular skis will probably take precedent over any such super niche runs - so I am guessing it will be a 22/23 project at the earliest, though that is pure speculation.

I have never been on PF, but have skied the current iteration of the CD a fair few days. They are tremendous directional pow skis and as SC explains - they are super intuitive to ski. They are simply great pow skis imho. I am very, very happy with the current version.

Quote Originally Posted by SupreChicken View Post
    It’s more “easy af to ski” and “confidence inspiring” than “playful”

Lighter construction than your pillow fights.

There is no substitute for an RES tip in 3D snow.

Probably will beat you up less over the day. Less demanding to ski.

Won’t do switch in pow as well. But that’s probs like 1/10 skiers on here that actually have switch game in pow. I’m in the 9/10.
    I have no switch game in powder either but it hasn’t really stopped me from trying with gloriously poor results.

Lighter, easier to ski, less demanding, will beat me up less… that sounds great. I must be getting old!

Quote Originally Posted by kid-kapow View Post
    keep in mind that the two C+Ds that are in stock right now are the last two of the current iteration that will be stocked, unless there are some factory finds. Iggy mentioned in the Blister podcast that he has plans for the next iteration as a custom option in the future, probably even more pow specific (more dramatic rocker lines like the previous iterations) than the current version due to the BG being made more pow-specific this year.

Also, there has also been talk a (good) while back of a limited run of Pillow Fights in the current construction. I do not know if the ski will be tweaked or not, but Covid affecting production, customs exploding this year and restocking their most popular skis will probably take precedent over any such super niche runs - so I am guessing it will be a 22/23 project at the earliest, though that is pure speculation.

I have never been on PF, but have skied the current iteration of the CD a fair few days. They are tremendous directional pow skis and as SC explains - they are super intuitive to ski. They are simply great pow skis imho. I am very, very happy with the current version.
    Thank you both for the input. I just might have to order one of the last two.

Keep those Pillowfights, and if anyone sees one go up for sale please let me know.

C&D is way more refined as a pow shape, but there’s something absolutely kick ass about 135mm underfoot. It’s like bringing a bowling ball to a knife fight.

Has anyone skied the Woodsman 110 at -2cm from reco? Sorry if this has been covered, I looked back thru the last ~40 pages and haven't found exactly what I'm looking for. It does look like somebody mounted at -2cm tho.

So, I have 2 full days on the WD187s (50/50 layup) and can't help but feel that I'm too far forward on the ski for my skiing style (I'm old school). I had the 184 Wren 108 and really liked that ski, but wanted something just a little more easy going in bumps and tight spots and lighter for some slack country. I mounted these with the CAST system.

What I've found is that the WD mounted at recommended feel squirrely as hell and I can't carve a turn to save my life. I pulled some measurements last night to verify the mount point per the "ball-of-foot" method and come up the ball of my foot about 2-2.5cm forward of the middle of the contact points of the ski when de-cambered. I can't help but think that moving from -7.5cm to -9.5cm could solve my issues. Skis that I've liked on the line.....Wren 108, Enforcer 100/110, Black Crows Corvus. What was the recommended mount point on the 184 Wren 108 from a few seasons ago?
    EDIT - looks like the mount point on the 184 Wren 108 is -9.25cm. Hmmm.....

My next step is to make sure these are detuned properly, ski them again and then reassess.

Thanks!
    Last edited by cmsummit; 01-09-2022 at 10:25 AM.
    Old's Cool.

Found these browsing on BookFace . Not mine, but solid price for a sought after ski

Name:	Image1641765627.590099.jpg 
Views:	146 
Size:	891.1 KB 
ID:	400386
    "Not all who wander are lost"

Quote Originally Posted by cmsummit View Post
    Has anyone skied the Woodsman 110 at -2cm from reco? Sorry if this has been covered, I looked back thru the last ~40 pages and haven't found exactly what I'm looking for. It does look like somebody mounted at -2cm tho.

So, I have 2 full days on the WD187s (50/50 layup) and can't help but feel that I'm too far forward on the ski for my skiing style (I'm old school). I had the 184 Wren 108 and really liked that ski, but wanted something just a little more easy going in bumps and tight spots and lighter for some slack country. I mounted these with the CAST system.

What I've found is that the WD mounted at recommended feel squirrely as hell and I can't carve a turn to save my life. I pulled some measurements last night to verify the mount point per the "ball-of-foot" method and come up the ball of my foot about 2-2.5cm forward of the middle of the contact points of the ski when de-cambered. I can't help but think that moving from -7.5cm to -9.5cm could solve my issues. Skis that I've liked on the line.....Wren 108, Enforcer 100/110, Black Crows Corvus. What was the recommended mount point on the 184 Wren 108 from a few seasons ago?

My next step is to make sure these are detuned properly, ski them again and then reassess.

Thanks!
    This sounds similar to my experience with my ‘21 Woodsman 102. I could not get the shovels to hang on…kept washing out. Squirrelly is the same word used. ON3P suggested they may be too detuned for my style, and recommended a sharpening at 1/1. Once I did this, the skis gripped as I wanted.

I’m also older…and find the mount feels kinda forward, so I’m likely going to try a Wrenegade next.

Quote Originally Posted by cmsummit View Post

Thanks!
    Honestly, it sounds like you want a Corvus Freebird...

But as someone who is considering the WD110Tour to mount at -6 ... I'm very interested to see how this turns out for you.
    "Alpine rock and steep, deep powder are what I seek, and I will always find solace there." - Bean Bowers

photos

@mrsSL on her 108 Jessies

Name:	IMG_1183.JPG 
Views:	220 
Size:	983.6 KB 
ID:	400494

Can we please get some lady goats in a 16X size please.

K thx