Page 234 of 598 FirstFirst ... 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 ... LastLast
Results 5,826 to 5,850 of 14943
    I'd like a Wrentel. 108. Mount point -7.5. Tip and tail rocker but more tip. Skis like the Metal and Atris tend to have strong followings

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

ON3P SKIS Discussion

I have the Atris and yes, exactly. Fills a different need than my Wrens despite both being 108.
    I ski 135 degree chutes switch to the road.

Quote Originally Posted by Tailwind View Post
    Maybe I worded that to plainly... but the point being I have some 190cm Bibby’s this year as my daily drivers. They do a lot of things well but there are a lot of times when I wish they could charge a little harder. Other times I wish they were a little more playful. They almost never feel ‘perfect’ but always feel good. One of my other setups are some Pescado’s I take touring for tree days. If I hit the right snow... they feel perfect but there are other times they feel very out of their element.

My point being, skis always have compromise. Versatility often limits the ability to be exceptional at one thing. I’m planning on getting something along the lines of a Wren / Kartel combo to replace the Bibby’s. Or maybe I’ll just try to get better at skiing...
    Well that's almost exactly the point of a 108 daily driver....be good at almost everything and terrible at almost nothing.

Quote Originally Posted by margotron View Post
    I'd like a Wrentel. 108. Mount point -7.5. Tip and tail rocker but more tip. Skis like the Metal and Atris tend to have strong followings
    Count me in! I've debated with myselt so long on this. I like you mount point, closer to Wren stiffness, something between the two for tail rocker. I'm a bit undecided on sidecut radius. Maybe mid-low 20s? Initially I thought longer and Wren-like, but I've been having some fun laying my Q-Labs over on low tide days. They are 20.5 and with aggressive detuning I don't see a huge downside to a more "playful" radius. I could talk myself in to either ski in the current lineup and probably be happy on either.

OK ... maybe the key decision point (BG vs. C&D). 5'9", 165#, tight Colorado trees in medium density, 12" snow. Which ski would you pull off the rack?

Edit: I just had an IM session with Scott.

BGs blast through stuff & charge better.
    C&Ds are easier to ski at slow speeds. I ain't no mach looney guy in the trees, so C&D looks like my solution.
    Both skis float similarly with a center/forward stance.

... Thom
    Last edited by galibier_numero_un; 01-23-2019 at 04:38 PM.
    Galibier Design
    crafting technology in service of music

184 C&D. Rounder flex + wider = more float for the ever-present CO dust on crust scenario. Rounder flex + shorter length = better in trees.
    "Alpine rock and steep, deep powder are what I seek, and I will always find solace there." - Bean Bowers

photos

Quote Originally Posted by auvgeek View Post
    184 C&D. Rounder flex + wider = more float for the ever-present CO dust on crust scenario. Rounder flex + shorter length = better in trees.
    Strongly agree.
    wait!!!! waitwaitwaitwaitwaitwaitwaitwait...Wait!
    Zoolander wasn't a documentary?

Making me nervous guys with comments above that billgoat is a harder charger! Just picked up last pair of 189 C&D from Evo (however Iggy said they were makes three more pair with black top sheets, so a few more are available), and was crossing fingers they would charge hard. I hope I don’t regret not getting the SuperGoats! I just hope they charge as hard as the protest.

Quote Originally Posted by tlr View Post
    Making me nervous guys with comments above that billgoat is a harder charger! Just picked up last pair of 189 C&D from Evo (however Iggy said they were makes three more pair with black top sheets, so a few more are available), and was crossing fingers they would charge hard. I hope I don’t regret not getting the SuperGoats! I just hope they charge as hard as the protest.
    They will charge harder than the Protest. I like my Protests - a lot - but they are not a particularly hard charging ski.

Dont worry, the 189 Bgs charge.

Will ponder the addition of a 189 C&D while I wait for the three new pairs to be made. I know how BG’s and SG’s perform and live in their native habitat, so pretty sure this will all work out. I also know how a 187 and 192 perform, so I thankfully can contrast that data point, too.
    In constant pursuit of the perfect slarve...

Quote Originally Posted by auvgeek View Post
    184 C&D. Rounder flex + wider = more float for the ever-present CO dust on crust scenario. Rounder flex + shorter length = better in trees
    Yup! C&D it is. Someone buy my 177 Nanuqs + Coltex skins to take me over the top so I can order these (https://www.tetongravity.com/forums/...kl-Nanuq-(177)). Nice, Spring Kool-wahr ski, but just not for me.

... Thom
    Galibier Design

ON3P SKIS Discussion

Quote Originally Posted by adrenalated View Post
    They will charge harder than the Protest. I like my Protests - a lot - but they are not a particularly hard charging ski.
    Stock ProTest? My 192 4 flex ProTest charge every bit as hard as my 191 BG or more. I feel the ProTest is faster in pow than my 191 was due the issue I had with them. Tips to soft causing a slowing/plow effect. I do hear the new 189 addressed that.
    With that said, the BG absolutely charges.
    1.5 flex SG absofuckinglutly charges like it’s no thang.

Quote Originally Posted by margotron View Post

Have you tried MVPs?

Skied my supergoats at PC yesterday, some really weird wind blown and heavy stuff...didn’t even feel it. And the protected blower? Forget about it.

I thought I brought too much ski but they are so forgiving and versatile. Great skis.

I rip the groomed on tele gear

ON3P SKIS Discussion

Quote Originally Posted by Self Jupiter View Post
    Have you tried MVPs?
    The flex and profile of MVP’s seems very similar to the Atris. I just fondled some about 5 minutes ago.

I do think a ski of this type with ON3P construction could be awesome.
    I ski 135 degree chutes switch to the road.

I found the flex 4 protest more of a charger (by a little bit) in deep, soft snow, and just as agile in same. BGs (2011 191, feels like 6-9-8 on the ON3P flex scale) better if there's any wind/sun crust, or tracks. Hoping the current C&Ds give me the best of both worlds on great days. Also, even my old RES is addictive, I am excited to try the dialed version.

I guess all things are relative. Protest don’t charge as hard as my old big dumps or atlas, however the flex 4 I have skied can charge. Not like some of the other dedicated chargers, but they are fast. Plus super slarvy and fun. As you can tell, I like them. They aren’t without fault, but pretty awesome. Always looking for something better, I guess that is why I pulled trigger on C&D.

I am really thinking that I want to sell my 191 Goats, and swap for 189 C&D. Talk me out of this crazy talk anyone?

Quote Originally Posted by Leavenworth Skier View Post
    I am really thinking that I want to sell my 191 Goats, and swap for 189 C&D. Talk me out of this crazy talk anyone?
    Baited breath for the gear swap thread ;-)

Sent from my LM-G710VM using Tapatalk
    Galibier Design

Do it. Looking at the specs and reading the few reviews of the C&D, it sounds awesome. It’s like the SG fucked a 191BG and they had a chubby baby named Chucky that just kills everything in its path.
    Oh, you said “ talk me OUT of it”. My bad.

Quote Originally Posted by terpskier View Post
    Any more info on this ski that could be shared? This ski sounds so perfect, I will likely be selling some skis and picking these up next year if you guys release it (and maybe/probably some metal W96s if those become available).
    Not right now - but one of our guys have them on his stories right now which shows a bit of the shape...

As long as we can build them with a topsheet from 1991 and call them the Leavenstar Pro .
    Seriously, this can’t turn into yet another ON3P thread....

Quote Originally Posted by iggyskier View Post
    Not right now - but one of our guys have them on his stories right now which shows a bit of the shape...

As long as we can build them with a topsheet from 1991 and call them the Leavenstar Pro .
    They look lovely

ON3P SKIS Discussion

Quote Originally Posted by mr_pretzel View Post
    They look lovely
    Care to screenshot and toss said photo in here?

Edit: found it. But mobile sucks and I can’t seem to attach the screenshot. It’s on Jonnie Merrill’s story

I snagged one and can throw it up if Iggy doesn't mind.

Quote Originally Posted by SupreChicken View Post
    It’s gonna snow a stupid amount tonight and then rain for 2 hours (5-7am) then snow lightly thereafter at my local hill.

Cease and desist or Billy goat or stay home?
    Aaannnddd??? Death and dismemberment or schmoo schralping bliss?