Page 99 of 599 FirstFirst ... 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 ... LastLast
Results 2,451 to 2,475 of 14972
    I'm just now getting caught up on this thread. Shit dang, you busters are having me rethink my entire (read: 9 pairs) quiver. Thanks for that. Dicks.

Quote Originally Posted by thebrucemac View Post
    Impressive website. Liked the "tour" page. I wish I would have done a bit more research before I bought new sticks this summer. Custom Kartel 108's definitely have my attention. Guess I should start saving. Do you guys come this way for demos or any events? Ski instruction qualify for proform?
    We have demos starting to be added to our demo calendar on the website. A lot more in the works, too.

And thanks for checking out the Tour section. That is going to be built out quite a bit in the next months, as well.
    Last edited by PowTron; 11-21-2017 at 01:04 PM.
    You should have been here yesterday!

Some Kartel 116 and Billy Goat action from Alta last year to start off this clip from Jake Doan...and some Kartel 116 Pyramid Gap sexytime for the closer.

Last edited by PowTron; 11-20-2017 at 04:02 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by PowTron View Post
    We have demos starting to be added to our demo calendar on the website. A lot more in the works, too.

And thanks for checkin gout the Tour section. That is going to be built out quite a bit in the next months, as well.
    So if a guy is getting ready to pull the trigger on a pow touring ski from you, should he wait to see what you've got coming out in the next months?

Quote Originally Posted by BCJC View Post
    Maybe those in the know can help me decide on a BC quiver of one...

I'm in between Steeple 108's, 116's and even an older 112.

6' 175lbs, good solid skier who's old enough (37) to now just want to maximize fun while touring. Some jumps (no switch) and a wee bit of charging, but mostly looking for shit's and giggles in trees and bowls, getting grins from creative lines and such.

I live on Vancouver Island, BC, so that means lots of snow, but also lots of water content.

Been touring my JJ's for a number of years and like them for the fun, poppy, playful feel, but looking to go directional this time around.

Thanks for taking the time.
    PowTron, this is my current dilemma...

Quote Originally Posted by BCJC View Post
    PowTron, this is my current dilemma...
    I would tell you that if you are looking at those specific skis that I would buy now...the new pow stuff that is coming is even wider than a Steeple 116 or BG.

Steeple 108 is the best of all worlds (slightly stiffer than older 112 was). The Steeple 116 is basically an Asymmetric Billy Goat with a thinner core profile and wider carbon to make up the difference. It will give you better float and slarv-ability due to width over the 112, but the 108 is obviously a little better on harder snow than both of those.

I would tell you that if you are looking at those specific skis that I would buy now...the new pow stuff that is coming is even wider than a Steeple 116 or BG.

Steeple 108 is the best of all worlds (slightly stiffer than older 112 was). The Steeple 116 is basically an Asymmetric Billy Goat with a thinner core profile and wider carbon to make up the difference. It will give you better float and slarv-ability due to width over the 112, but the 108 is obviously a little better on harder snow than both of those.
    Awesome, thanks!

How does the stiffness of the 102 compare to the 108/112/116?

Also, were there any changes to the 2015/2016 Steeple 102 versus the prior year? I read somewhere that the 15/16 did away with RES, but it doesn't look like that's the case based on the skis I have but haven't seen the prior year in person to compare.

Thanks in advance PowTron!

Quote Originally Posted by 3PinGrin View Post
    How are your 102s for lift served conditions (crud, firm, etc)? I know that's not their designed purpose but just picked up a pair and am debating whether to keep my touring bindings on my K2 Annex 108 or put those bindings on the Steeples and use my Annex for resort use. I would need to plug holes/remount on the Annex and am hesitant to do so since they only have a few days on them.
    For a powder/crud ski they are great but probably more finesse than blasting through. Does ok on firm but not what they are designed for so not as fun. I picked up Wren 98s for the firm/crud end of the spectrum.

And thanks for checkin gout the Tour section. That is going to be built out quite a bit in the next months, as well.
    Any plans for a CO demo date before the end of the year?

Quote Originally Posted by rainy512day View Post
    For a powder/crud ski they are great but probably more finesse than blasting through. Does ok on firm but not what they are designed for so not as fun. I picked up Wren 98s for the firm/crud end of the spectrum.
    Thanks for the input, I'm thinking I will mount these up for touring. Every time I look at them they are beckoning me to do so.

Quote Originally Posted by molsongolden View Post
    Any plans for a CO demo date before the end of the year?
    Yes shooting for Dec 16th at LL and then one at CB before Xmas.

ON3P SKIS Discussion

How does the stiffness of the 102 compare to the 108/112/116?

Also, were there any changes to the 2015/2016 Steeple 102 versus the prior year? I read somewhere that the 15/16 did away with RES, but it doesn't look like that's the case based on the skis I have but haven't seen the prior year in person to compare.

Thanks in advance PowTron!
    Both years of Steeple 102 had RES. They were also a little softer than 108/112/116 versions.

The Steeple 98 that replaced the 102 was the one that did away with the RES on that Steeple only.

For current models the Steeple 108 is like the 102/112 with the newer RES added from the BG, and the Steeple 116 is asym like the BG (108 non-asym).

Hope that’s clear as mud.

Have to post some stoke on the W108. Had a few days on them but today stole my heart. Conditions were heavy mank - 6" overnight then mixed precip falling at 34 deq. Great situation to see what skis are made of for a PNW type. Had 4 different skis I was shuffling through. 3 new or recent to me against my long standing 'day after storm' ski. In short W108 was; most confident, stable, shifty (in grabby snow), and gave the most grins. My first day on them was 10" of pow at Baker, it was glorious, but many skis can deliver in such conditions. I cant wait to get more time on them! My drive home was spent thinking about adding a 189 to my 184 - and what skis to cut.

If you're on the fence.. get the fawk off!!

Cascade Luke - for reference, what are the other three pairs?

When are we going to learn more about said pow ski...

Hope that’s clear as mud.
    Yes sir, it is. I hope there isn't a quiz.

Actually, very helpful, thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by kid-kapow View Post
    Cascade Luke - for reference, what are the other three pairs?
    A Praxis, ON3P (2), and a DPS. Don't really want to disparage the other skis but understand quality adequate competition. The conditions and early mountain terrain were just asking for trouble. Think holes, undulated, and barely any linked up runs let alone groomers. I could of made it work on these others boards but W108 got the most runs and left the greatest impression.

Yes sir, it is. I hope there isn't a quiz.

Actually, very helpful, thanks.
    Ha, awesome. Quiz to follow.

No prob!

Does this mean my C&D in a BG mold will become a reality?
    Training for Alpental

Quote Originally Posted by PhiberAwptik View Post
    Does this mean my C&D in a BG mold will become a reality?
    Something like that

Quote Originally Posted by nyskirat View Post
    When are we going to learn more about said pow ski...
    As soon as we can. Thinking after this long weekend of retail Hell we are about to be drowned in.

Just an early heads up...

We are going to start some White Wednesday, Black Friday, Cyber Monday stuff tomorrow. First time we've ever really gotten down with the national holiday of consumerism, but figured it was time for us to drop some hints.

Rainy day.
    Messy bench.
    Meh pic.
    Bitchin’ skis.

Quote Originally Posted by kai_ski View Post

Rainy day.
    Messy bench.
    Meh pic.
    Bitchin’ skis.
    Purdy