Page 282 of 287 FirstFirst ... 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 LastLast
Results 7,026 to 7,050 of 7163
    Quote Originally Posted by SirVicSmasher View Post
    Had the pleasure of skiing with several 0n3p employees yesterday at hood. Great guys and great skiers.
    They also confirmed the fact that their boss is cool and they love their job

Sent from my H3223 using Tapatalk
    Bunch of fucking ass-kissers from the sounds of it
    You should have been here yesterday!

Quote Originally Posted by kid-kapow View Post
    Great - thanks! I've been seeking that kind of feedback. I've seen PowTron and Muggy stating that k116s are sweet one back, where I've been thinking either 1.5 or 2 back. The main "issue" this season might also just have been that my skiing was too damned slow, and that that was the cause of the tails feeling overly long in dense fresh snow - not that the tails are really all that long.

The Kartel/Jeffrey shape/rocker line is killer, so I am not wanting to part ways with mine as of now - in spite of obsessing over mount point.
    For the record I have said I like them between 1-2cm back and I stand by that statement. NOW if I get to ski next season or not is another story before I can continue standing by that statement, haha.

ACL life is real.

Quote Originally Posted by comish View Post
    Got on my new 184cm Wren 114's to enjoy the Mammoth pow day yesterday. Conditions were variable. Some places it had accumulated and covered up the firm base, others not so much. Definitely a bunch of frozen land mines around, but who is complaining when skiing pow on Memorial Day w/ their 10yr old charging w/ a big group of dads!

Loved the skis! Very stoked. Could charge or make short turns.
    That's what I'm talking 'bout.

Quote Originally Posted by PowTron View Post
    For the record I have said I like them between 1-2cm back and I stand by that statement. NOW if I get to ski next season or not is another story before I can continue standing by that statement, haha.

ACL life is real.
    No Pow when I bought my 116s and asked about mounting point you told me the line and sent me the vid from Loveland... You were on 186s and I was on 191s and told me line... So...?

Sent from my SM-G955U using TGR Forums mobile app

I was definitely a fan of the Kartel 116s -2cm back from the line. Played around with the mount point a fair bit with the demo bindings and overall I thought they were best there. I ended up using them as a daily driver the latter half of the season there.

Suited a more aggressive/drive the tips style better, tails felt better in moguls and better float in pow.

Quote Originally Posted by Undertow View Post
    No Pow when I bought my 116s and asked about mounting point you told me the line and sent me the vid from Loveland... You were on 186s and I was on 191s and told me line... So...?

Sent from my SM-G955U using TGR Forums mobile app
    I have skied them on the line a lot! I think for most people that is the spot. The loveland video they were on the line with my STH16, but prior to that I had them mounted with Guardians at -1cm.

When I got my BG Tours is when I moved the Kartels back to recommended so I would have skis that felt as different as possible while still having the 116mm waist.

So I was telling the truth on both accounts

Just had kid no. 2 and probably won't be skiing more than like 5 days next year but fuuuuuuuck I need that graphic in my life. Might have to pull the trigger on some Wren 108s like that.

^^^ I know, right? I'm usually pretty meh on ski graphics, but that is pure awesome.

...and congrats!

Had a great time at the Factory beer event tonight. The factory tour was cool, was my 2nd time thru but was a first for the wife. The Janis Joplin poster was a really sweet touch too! Really helps my case for replacing the Kartel 98ís!!! Had I brought the right card, I mightíve gone home w/ a pair of those throwback Jeffrey 108ís... Instead, iíll just order some customs towards the end of July when I have the extra funds to do so.

Gman is offline Mack Master William Large
    Are the blems that didn't sell last night going up on the website? I have my eye on a pair but not sure if anyone picked them up.

Sooo may have ordered a pair of 2014 176 BG Tours last night from the factory sale with a few brews in me.

What are people's thoughts on the 2014 BG vs today's, huge difference? And although I plan to use these more so for resort pow/ sidecountry days, I figured the tours should still work as they are +8cm to my height so a little softer is ok (tours are 1900g, stock is 2050g)
    Last edited by ElementofSurprise; 06-21-2019 at 11:03 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by ElementofSurprise View Post
    Sooo may have ordered a pair of 2014 176 BG Tours last night from the factory sale with a few brews in me.

What are people's thoughts on the 2014 BG vs today's, huge difference? And although I plan to use these more so for resort pow/ sidecountry days, I figured the tours should still work as they are +8cm to my height so a little softer is ok (tours are 1900g, stock is 2050g)

Sent from my SM-G960U using TGR Forums mobile app
    BG from 2014 to today is not a massive difference. There's been several incremental improvements, mostly geared towards making the ski a little better on hardpack without detracting from the soft snow performance, but the 2014 BG is still a great ski.
    Quote Originally Posted by Norseman View Post
    All ye punterz! Leave thine stupid heavy skis in the past, or at least in the resort category, for the age of lightweight pussy sticks is upon us! Behold! Keep up with the randocommandos on their carbon blades of shortness! Break thine tibias into spiral splinters with pintech extravagance!

Quote Originally Posted by adrenalated View Post
    BG from 2014 to today is not a massive difference. There's been several incremental improvements, mostly geared towards making the ski a little better on hardpack without detracting from the soft snow performance, but the 2014 BG is still a great ski.
    Awesome, thanks for the info. Any recommendations on bindings for resort pow + sidecountry?

Quote Originally Posted by ElementofSurprise View Post
    Awesome, thanks for the info. Any recommendations on bindings for resort pow + sidecountry?
    That's a huge can o worms that depends a lot on what boots you want to run, how hard you ski, how much you realistically are going to be skinning vs going downhill, etc.

Personally, I have Look P18s on my 12/13 Billy Goats
    Quote Originally Posted by Norseman View Post
    All ye punterz! Leave thine stupid heavy skis in the past, or at least in the resort category, for the age of lightweight pussy sticks is upon us! Behold! Keep up with the randocommandos on their carbon blades of shortness! Break thine tibias into spiral splinters with pintech extravagance!

Quote Originally Posted by MHSP1497 View Post
    Had a great time at the Factory beer event tonight. The factory tour was cool, was my 2nd time thru but was a first for the wife. The Janis Joplin poster was a really sweet touch too! Really helps my case for replacing the Kartel 98ís!!! Had I brought the right card, I mightíve gone home w/ a pair of those throwback Jeffrey 108ís... Instead, iíll just order some customs towards the end of July when I have the extra funds to do so.
    Glad you were able to make it out. We didn't really know what to expect but it was a cool event.

Quote Originally Posted by Gman View Post
    Are the blems that didn't sell last night going up on the website? I have my eye on a pair but not sure if anyone picked them up.
    I put some of the protos/demos/blems that are still available up on the On Sale section on the website.
    https://shop.on3pskis.com/collections/on-sale
    Seriously, this canít turn into yet another ON3P thread....

Just out of interest re these custom proto wren ti's
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_7007_2000x.JPG 
Views:	154 
Size:	345.2 KB 
ID:	286479
    How wide is the titanal strip in the ski? Same width as the carbon or full width underneath the core?

Kinda surprising that those 176 Mag90s C&Ds and 189 C&Ds are still up for grabs. C&D blems in the big boi 189 version for 449? That is a smoking deal. Same story with the demo used 184 BGs with attacks for 499.

I really wanna buy me some new skis, but I really cannot justify getting more. Like not even close. The quivers are kinda excessive as is. Too bad I couldn't attend your event, or I am sure that I would have added to the quiver. The deals are sensational! But I would love to try some Wren ti's, mags or woodsmans 96/108/116s.

Kinda surprising that those 176 Mag90s C&Ds and 189 C&Ds are still up for grabs. C&D blems in the big boi 189 version for 449? That is a smoking deal. Same story with the demo used 184 BGs with attacks for 499.
    189 C&D gone!!

Glad I could step in and help out your budget.

Quote Originally Posted by SkiLyft View Post
    189 C&D gone!!

Thanks +1. Those were in and out of my cart all day.

189 C&D gone!!

Atta boy

Iggy; care to post some photos of the colour topsheets? Especially the green if possible.

189 C&D gone!!

You will not be disappointed!
    In constant pursuit of the perfect slarve...

Quote Originally Posted by CascadeLuke View Post
    Atta boy
    Quote Originally Posted by Bandit Man View Post
    You will not be disappointed!
    After a year of daily driving the goats and loving every minute of it in Tahoe, Whistler, and the Inland NW canít imagine why I would not love the C&Ds. And at $449 even the spousal unit was thrilled.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Hah - you're not I already bought a pair of (for me) big boii C&Ds - aka 184s. Welcome to the club though! Congrats with new skis That was a pretty sensational deal imo.

Also, my ability to blow my budget and then some should not come as a surprise to anybody who's followed this thread for a while I might have done something stupid this time around as well, aka quiver changes are a-coming - again. And here I promised myself that I would not get anything custom this summer... Dammit.

And at $449 even the spousal unit was thrilled.
    That made me laugh at loud. Good thing no spousal unit need approve my ski buying antics, or they would have stopped about 10x pairs of skis or more ago. Or 20. Man, I buy too many skis...

Quote Originally Posted by sf View Post
    post some photos of the colour topsheets?
    this was posted up a while back, personal fav is the black/yellow/black...ymmv
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	CustomPreviews_190513.jpg 
Views:	91 
Size:	1.05 MB 
ID:	286659  

189 C&D gone!!
    thank you, thank you...thank you!

fuck i waffled on those bastards i dont know how many times....so close

thank you