Page 439 of 599 FirstFirst ... 434 435 436 437 438 439 440 441 442 443 444 ... LastLast
Results 10,951 to 10,975 of 14972
    Quote Originally Posted by thejongiest View Post
    But what about instock ones?

Quote Originally Posted by NW_SKIER View Post
    $$$ custom aint cheap
    yes yes, but

Quote Originally Posted by iggyskier View Post
    Custom sale about to go and we have a ton of skis ready to ship.
    Patience my friends, patience - all good things come to those who wait.

Also, it could be that the design you crave will be available as a stock ski with zero up charge. I am betting the line up will go live next week, or even this week if the stars align.

That is, minus the stock designs of the skis Iggy already mentioned will not be ready until later (jeffrey/meera/jessie?), but where these skis will be available with custom topsheets either through customs or possible though stock options too - dunno, time will tell.

And yes, the 2022 summer custom 100usd off sale is live

Anyone here happen to have a single 181 Jeronimo from the 2012-ish era? They have a 2012 BG topsheet, I think theyre the 101 underfoot but may be the 96 underfoot.. I'll have to double check. I snapped the tails on one of the skis :(

Quote Originally Posted by bearcub69 View Post
    Anyone here happen to have a single 181 Jeronimo from the 2012-ish era? They have a 2012 BG topsheet, I think theyre the 101 underfoot but may be the 96 underfoot.. I'll have to double check. I snapped the tails on one of the skis
    Pm Rontelle. He helps new members with these inquiries.

Quote Originally Posted by phatty View Post
    Bring back the Jammin Salmon!
    Wish we still had that file. Worst topsheet contest likely coming back soon.

Quote Originally Posted by Bandit Man View Post
    And yet somewhat disappointing to those of us who ski dense coastal snowpack.
    For what it is worth, I have zero concerns on the slightly lower tail rocker for our snowpack. The areas needed to pivot are well off the snow (and comparable), the last 1/2 of it is just more gradual as it isn't trying to approach the height of a full twin.

Testing wise, we pushed as flat as the Wren profile (Rowen's been touring on that profile all year) and even that is plenty playful, so at least in regards to the tail rocker, I wouldn't be concerned.
    Seriously, this can’t turn into yet another ON3P thread....

so at least in regards to the tail rocker, I wouldn't be concerned.
    Anything that does concern you?

Anyhow, would you post the splay/rise number for the old and new tail? Just interested, not concerned

Quote Originally Posted by Adrgha View Post
    Does that mean the C&D is going +2 mm as well?
    Honestly, our primary focus on the directional skis was on getting the Woodsman core profile updated (which takes awhile) and the BG updates in place - so we didn't work on the CD at all. We still have about 1/2 of what we built last year in stock - so right now those will be our CD inventory for the fall/winter while we decide direction there.

Quote Originally Posted by peglegger View Post
    Are we getting air tips?
    Quote Originally Posted by HAB View Post
    Just looks like a white tip spacer to me.
    Been making these with both white, black, and clear thus far (depending a bit on base).

We did make some in stock custom Jeffrey 110 with clear tops, base, tipspacer, and sidewalls that get that air tip action on...they are a big pain in the ass for production, though, so kept those clear bases off the custom builder for now.

Name:  J110 Clear.gif
Views: 1059
Size:  953.8 KB

Quote Originally Posted by sf View Post
    Anything that does concern you?

Anyhow, would you post the splay/rise number for the old and new tail? Just interested, not concerned
    Lol yeah - the width. On basically everything over 110-112 I'm like...
    Name:  image (17).jpeg
Views: 1006
Size:  53.4 KB

At least as it pertains to all things sales.

Specs scale by size but to rough in mentally it is about 5% longer and 15% lower (and, again, as it is elliptical most of that change is in the last 1/2).
    Seriously, this can’t turn into yet another ON3P thread....

Honestly, our primary focus on the directional skis was on getting the Woodsman core profile updated (which takes awhile) and the BG updates in place - so we didn't work on the CD at all. We still have about 1/2 of what we built last year in stock - so right now those will be our CD inventory for the fall/winter while we decide direction there..
    Completely understandable, it's a niche ski. Though I will say, my 18/19 C&D's are the most fun (deeper) soft snow ski I have ever been on. So slarvy, so, soo good.

A Tour C&D could be... fun.

Specs scale by size but to rough in mentally it is about 5% longer and 15% lower (and, again, as it is elliptical most of that change is in the last 1/2).
    Slightly deeper splay sounds nice. On most skis I feel that the length of the tail rocker matters more than the rise, when it comes to pivoting.
    At least on my old 186s the tail was almost a twin, so slightly lower shouldn't matter much.

Tempting

Interesting - the same thing came up in the Blizzard thread. It was mentioned there too that it is currently slow going shifting units in anything wider than 110.

But man Iggy, the new lineup sounds killer. I am really wanting to get some new sticks, but after a quiver tweak (aka The Great Consolidation / Purge) this summer I must admit to being extremely happy with the quiver as is. I have to do two more re-mounts, and will then post it. 70% ON3P out of 10 pairs. Ideally I would want the quiver to be even smaller, but that is a mission for next summer after getting a full season on the current inventory/mounts. You are making it hard to not order something though...

Quote Originally Posted by Adrgha View Post
    ... Though I will say, my 18/19 C&D's are the most fun (deeper) soft snow ski I have ever been on. So slarvy, so, soo good.

A Tour C&D could be... fun.
    Agreed on both counts. A tour layup version with the same flex pattern and a textured top sheet could be a winner - though it could be that the new BG will be quite close in performance, just a tad more versatile. Though to be fair, the only thing I do not like with my current pair is their glossy top sheets - so nitpicking to say the least.

Adrgha, any feedback on your 50/50 BG108s?

My BG108tours are the best slush ski I have ever been on - even better than Kartel108s (that were bloody great spring skis), even if I find Wood108s to have a slight edge on them in corn. Can't wait to try them in deeper, drier snow - should be awesome.

Quote Originally Posted by kid-kapow View Post
    Adrgha, any feedback on your 50/50 BG108s?

My BG108tours are the best slush ski I have ever been on - even better than Kartel108s (that were bloody great spring skis), even if I find Wood108s to have a slight edge on them in corn. Can't wait to try them in deeper, drier snow - should be awesome.
    Yeah, they're predictably, great. They feel a lot like my pre-asym standard layup 116 goats flex wise, just quite a bit lighter on my feet (1900 grams vs. 2350 grams). So, pretty much what you would expect. IMO the weight is perfect when paired with lighter bindings, and you get that fully bomber ON3P durability on bases and edges. I mostly used them in fresh snow of various types, and they float way better than I expected. Noticeably better than my Wildcat tour 108's, which surprisingly enough feel different enough to warrant owning both. The extra heft in the BGt108's compared to the Wildcats is very noticeable, too. So, I use them for different terrain and different snow.

My favourite slush skis are the Wildcats (SO good!), but an all-time shitty season with a minuscule snowpack ended abruptly, so I never got to test the Goats much in spring conditions.

That is very interesting - thanks for the feedback.

Quote Originally Posted by kid-kapow View Post
    I have to do two more re-mounts, and will then post it. 70% ON3P out of 10 pairs. Ideally I would want the quiver to be even smaller, but that is a mission for next summer after getting a full season on the current inventory/mounts. You are making it hard to not order something though...
    You had mostly shifts on your ON3P's if I recall correctly right? You sticking with em or moving on?

Honestly, our primary focus on the directional skis was on getting the Woodsman core profile updated (which takes awhile) and the BG updates in place - so we didn't work on the CD at all. We still have about 1/2 of what we built last year in stock - so right now those will be our CD inventory for the fall/winter while we decide direction there.

Been making these with both white, black, and clear thus far (depending a bit on base).

We did make some in stock custom Jeffrey 110 with clear tops, base, tipspacer, and sidewalls that get that air tip action on...they are a big pain in the ass for production, though, so kept those clear bases off the custom builder for now.

Name:  J110 Clear.gif
Views: 1059
Size:  953.8 KB

You need a +10 option ala Praxis then. Personally, other than groomer goonz(maybe park goonz too?), I don't see why anyone would want to dip under 110.
    A +10 Woodsman would be the fuckin shit! I'd buy that over a Protest 100/0(sorry 2F).

Quote Originally Posted by eSock View Post
    You had mostly shifts on your ON3P's if I recall correctly right? You sticking with em or moving on?
    The various Woodsmans are in the process of being Castified, and in some cases re-Castified. The main drivers behind the move are not that I dislike Shifts or are unhappy with them - they have worked fine for me and all the issues they've had have been down to me screwing up (like forgetting to adjust forward pressure or set their din ), but to see if the smaller heel footprint will unlock a bit of what I perceive as the remaining potential in the rear of the skis for my diminutive stature, to gain more elasticity and to make the quiver a bit less capital intensive. The reason I went to Shift in the first place was mainly due to not liking my then Hawx XTD 130 + Cast combo - it felt unbalanced to me and my chicken legs. Cast is a superb fit with my current boots - Lange XT3 130s - though, so I decided to go back to Cast.

BGs and C&Ds will continue to have Shifts, BG108tours will keep their Tectons.

The various setups make sense for how I plan to use them and I am very pleased with where a few years of aggressive quiver building has left me.

I also considered selling all my current ON3Ps and getting a new pair of wood102tis, wood110 partial tis (if that is something I could persuade Iggy to build) and a pair of the new BGs, but in the end I am too satisfied with the skis I have and their various roles to seek the full quiver consolidation (3+3).
    Last edited by kid-kapow; 07-22-2021 at 02:00 PM.

Huzzah - the 2022 line is live! Or most of it anyway. Good jobb Iggy and crew!

Best graphic name? "Touring gram reducing white+red"

Fuck - I want to order some new sticks. Wood102tours in Hawaiian Alpine + Orange do look very, very tasty.

That clear+clear is so weird and interesting - Iggy, any more shots of that??

What is the mount point for the new Woodsman?

Would love to hear a few more details on how several models have been tweaked aside from the +2mm. Specifically, how the core profile on WD will affect the way it skis and where the new mount is. Also, in addition to the longer turn radius on Jeffrey, were changes made to allow the ski to be driven through shovels more? More rear mount? Flex profile? Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by peglegger View Post
    Would love to hear a few more details on how several models have been tweaked aside from the +2mm. Specifically, how the core profile on WD will affect the way it skis and where the new mount is. Also, in addition to the longer turn radius on Jeffrey, were changes made to allow the ski to be driven through shovels more? More rear mount? Flex profile? Thanks!
    I think doing that would change the DNA of the ski. If you want to drive the shovel more then you probably aren't looking for rockered freestyle ski.....That's literally why they made the Woodsman.
    Training for Alpental

Quote Originally Posted by Sessiøn View Post
    I think doing that would change the DNA of the ski. If you want to drive the shovel more then you probably aren't looking for rockered freestyle ski.....That's literally why they made the Woodsman.
    Just heard the Jeff was going to be slightly more "all mountain" for 2022 and was curious what those changes were other than longer radius. Not trying to make the Jeff a Woods.

I am sure that Iggy will provide some added info on the new lineup before long, though I imagine that he has been more than a bit busy as of late between updating the site, finalizing graphics and building skis.

The variation in ready to ship stock skis with different tops is pretty damned impressive and second to none.

did we cover the changes in the new Woodsman core someplace in this thread? the w108 was my favorite ski this past 1+ seasons, wondering if/how it may have improved.

Curious about Jeffrey updates as well..

Have a pair of out-of-commission Jmos, used to have a pair of OG kartels.. both skis had symmetrical rocker and elliptical sidecut, which I fell in love with. Picked up a pair of last years Jeffs last round of factory finds.. they don't have symmetrical rocker and have a different sidecut in the tail end of the ski, wondering how much different they will feel and if I should have gone with a wider Magnus to be more similar to the Jmos/OG Kartels

Midnight top sheet IRL?

Anyone got a photo of what the midnight top sheet looks like IRL? Curious if it differs at all from what it looks like on my phone/computer screen.

Also, anyone have any insight as to how the ride on the BG118 would compare to the Rossignol Black Ops 118? Pretty significant difference in tail width, but having never ridden either, curious to hear.

Appreciate you guys not lambasting me for any unwritten TGR forum rules this post may break.
    Last edited by WILLSKIFAST; 07-23-2021 at 02:44 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Norseman View Post
    What is the mount point for the new Woodsman?
    This