Page 303 of 598 FirstFirst ... 298 299 300 301 302 303 304 305 306 307 308 ... LastLast
Results 7,551 to 7,575 of 14947
    Quote Originally Posted by kid-kapow View Post
    And my apologies - wish I brought my wren96x2. Using the last hour to gain a first impression of them should have been what I did after my legs were gone and then some Alas
    Wish I had BG weather round these parts. Still deliberating and looking to try some stuff out on the sticks I do have to make the beat conditions more fun.

Thanks to you and CallMeAl though - Wren Ti looking mighty nice.

+ if I can delay the purchase for 2 weeks I will have stuck to my 2 new skis per year limit from the wife.

I got my first full day in good terrain and snow on my Wren 114’s.

Stoked would be an understatement. They carve like they are on rails. Float nicely. Make drops feel effortless and above all else are fun. Did quite a few tree laps today and I was expecting the 189cm to Feel like a lot of ski, but they pivoted easily, even in deep snow.

ON3P SKIS Discussion

Sort of a blessing in disguise this summer: I snapped a new ski. 191cm Kartel 108. Core top fiberglass buckle behind the boot. I didn’t want to believe it was broken at first (ad nauseam, I know, to the boys at the factory, while I tried to solve what to me was a mystery and to them was not), but finally came to terms when I learned that the original blem was the little tiny, nearly invisible base divot on the toe of one of the skis.

“But it hand flexes fine!”
    “It’s broken dude.”
    “But-”
    “Broken. Snapped.”
    “. . .”
    Fuck it. I’m gonna put it back together and see if I can snap it in half as a season opener. So I sliced along the sidewall to square up the top layer of buckled fiberglass, pumped a little shy of 6 ml of G-Flex in, and clamped the shit out of it with a couple steel plates and every C-clamp I own.

Four hard skied days so far and the repair is solid, hand flex is identical to its mate, so far as I can discern. They turn really nice at speed through big ass gravel patches. Cut through willow tufts like butter. Fly off of shit frequently (and land); too much for middle age. Accidentally tail butter like a boss every time I land backseat. The detune is about perfect for hard turning washouts along fallen, partially exposed trees. They’re good snow snake divining rods (lateral binding release settings check out). thefortrees led me off a cliff the other day (yes, if my friend jumps off a cliff, of course I would do that, too), and they skitter nicely down rock faces... Oh, and you know that sound? The turning on a shark tooth sound? SHHHHH-PAWK! I haven’t heard that sound this often since high school at the Bear Paw Ski Bowl in rural Mantana, where all the snow sublimates because its goddamned 40 below zero all the time, and the shale will scar you for life. Anyway I haven’t managed break them or even minorly fuck them up yet. Still trying.

Best rock skis ever.

Heads-up that I may be catch-and-releasing some 187 woodsman 108s. I’m going to do a few more days on them to see if we can click, but if not, they’ll be up for grabs (but not for a lowball price).

If anyone wants tentative dibs, pm me.

They are awesome, but In the kartel>wren spectrum I would say they are further to the wren end, and I’m looking to be more toward the other end.

ON3P SKIS Discussion

Quote Originally Posted by optics View Post
    Heads-up that I may be catch-and-releasing some 187 woodsman 108s. I’m going to do a few more days on them to see if we can click, but if not, they’ll be up for grabs (but not for a lowball price).

If anyone wants tentative dibs, pm me.

They are awesome, but In the kartel>wren spectrum I would say they are further to the wren end, and I’m looking to be more toward the other end.
    This was totally my observation of them without having skied them. I may not know what I’m talking about but 75/25 Wren/Kartel to the (my) eye. I should also note I have protos with a ever so slightly longer tail than final production so maybe final more like 70/30. Being a Wren enthusiast, I am excited.
    Uno mas

Kartel 108 mounting question: I mounted my 192s on the line this fall and have found that I don’t love the more centered position. I thought I would given that I love my Bent Chets but I’m wondering how far back from center or from the recommended line can I try to remount and still have it ski well?
    Thanks for the help.

You can get back 2cm more no problem (total of -6sh). Further and I think you’re in look at another ski territory

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Quote Originally Posted by margotron View Post
    You can get back 2cm more no problem (total of -6sh). Further and I think you’re in look at another ski territory

Ditto, I really liked how they skied back 1.5-2cm when messing around on the demo binders.

^^^I assume you mean 6ish from center?

Got an early season day on the 187 Woodsman 108s and I'm in love. I can't wait for more snow to really see what they can do. They've already made me a better skier :')

ON3P SKIS Discussion

This has sort of been covered in the thread before but I'm having trouble finding it.

2016-17 191cm CD vs 2018-19 189cm CD. Both Asym and tour layup, but 19 has OTS. 17 has mega rocker.

Obviously the 19 should be more versatile in harder snow, but what exactly does that mean? I imagine the heavily rockered version should be easier to pivot and slash?
    Last edited by Muggydude; 12-16-2019 at 11:57 PM.

The 2019 is a fat Billy Goat with a tour flex...and it skis just like that. My 189’s C&D’s are easier to ski and float better than my 189 BG’s. Never been on the Uber rockered C&D’s. Like that I don’t have to swap them out at lunchtime as they do ski the whole mountain fairly well, as long as it is soft.
    In constant pursuit of the perfect slarve...

Quote Originally Posted by Backward_Banana View Post
    But when that comes out, it'll be a 1300 g, 189 (only) BG that skis exactly like a 2300g ski, right? That's what I've gathered from this thread.
    I'm in!
    Bunny Don't Surf

Have you seen a one armed man around here?

Anyone on ON3P in the free ski world tour? How badass would it be to have super goats underfoot on the tour at Verbier!!!
    Bunny Don't Surf

Have you seen a one armed man around here?

ON3P SKIS Discussion

Quote Originally Posted by happytimefunbox View Post
    Anyone on ON3P in the free ski world tour? How badass would it be to have super goats underfoot on the tour at Verbier!!!
    It was designed for FWT.

https://www.instagram.com/p/BQcx6K3l...d=dngkvp6rx4jq

https://www.freerideworldtour.com/rider/dennis-risvoll#

Quote Originally Posted by The SnowShow View Post
    Kartel 108 mounting question: I mounted my 192s on the line this fall and have found that I don’t love the more centered position.
    My 186s are mounted 2cm back from the recommended line. When playing around on a demo day I preferred them there and haven’t looked back several seasons later.

Any Billy Goat owners get on the Woodsman 116 yet?

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

Just broke out my wren 108s for the first time this year. Still in love. Pased the 40 year old make last summer but glad i got the 189s. So stable and just rock

Had my first days on the Woodsman 108 the other weekend. Coming off of a Kartel 108 and before that, the Jeff 114. First few runs, I noticed the tail on the W108. More snow contact back there and tail wants to be part of the turn shape (not overly needy but it's there). Slightly different feel to the K108. Not bad, just different. Got used to it quick enough and found the W108 to be as good at skiing fast-playful as the K108. Maybe there's an ever so slight skew to the fast over the playful which people are picking up in the Wren > Kartel continuum. When I say playful, I don't mean spins. Just airs and weird turn shapes

I think a W108 and K116 would be a mad setup and might think about that. Be keen if anyone else is running with that or thinks the Wren would be a more natural complement

ON3P SKIS Discussion

Quote Originally Posted by XavierD View Post
    My 186s are mounted 2cm back from the recommended line. When playing around on a demo day I preferred them there and haven’t looked back several seasons later.
    That made a big difference?

I was on my K108s today and definitely reaffirmed that I don’t like the more centered mount. I was skiing tons of chopped up powder and was constantly getting tripped up enough that it wasn’t as much fun. It could have also been the snowpack: 2’ of new chopped up powder over 2’-3’ of shit snow that kept sinking.

Anyway, I guess I need to figure out whether to try and learn to ski more centered, try and mount them further back (unfortunately they have 2 other mounts so I may have issues there) or sell them as is and not remount again.

I want to love them (they are fucking awesome skis) but it may just not be the right ski for me.

FWIW when I demoed the old Jeffrey 110 (which morphed into the K108) I liked them a lot better at -2cm than I did on the line.

I like the Woodsman 108s even better.

My opinion, and I bet Scott would say the same thing, if you are mounting a Kartel/Jeffrey more than 1cm rearwards you should probably be on a Woodsman instead.

How are those park skis?
    Anyone here got beta on the Magnus 90?
    How soft are the tips and tails?
    Would they mogul as well as park?
    OH, MY GAWD! ―John Hillerman  Big Billie Eilish fan.
    But that's a quibble to what PG posted (at first, anyway, I haven't read his latest book) ―jono
    we are not arguing about ski boots or fashionable clothing or spageheti O's which mean nothing in the grand scheme ― XXX-er

Eagerly awaiting kid-kapow's review of the metal 96 Wrens.....

Sent from my SM-G960U using TGR Forums mobile app
    Daniel Ortega eats here.

i am also -2ish on k116. they’re short for my size at 186 but stiffer than stock. my stiffest on3p. i’m +1 on 191 Caylors. currently have 108 189 wren with demo’s set at +1 but am not sure that’s right or wrong for me yet.

i think either a 192 woodsman or stiff 187 is the quiver killer for the above.

hoping for more time on the Caylors this year, those things bounce.

I preferred my Kartel 116’s at -2