Page 470 of 599 FirstFirst ... 465 466 467 468 469 470 471 472 473 474 475 ... LastLast
Results 11,726 to 11,750 of 14972
    Quote Originally Posted by cmsummit View Post
    Boing.....
    Attachment 391690

Custom Woodsman 110 with 50/50 layup, mounted with CAST/Pivot 15.
    I’ve been on the fence about going custom since I missed the boat on the black top sheet and buying one of the factory graphics. This picture sold me, these are it.

Bravo

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Quote Originally Posted by beeeom View Post
    It's fine. Makes em hella fast side to side so awesome in the trees. Still float well. I've got my BG's @ +1.5 and love it.
    Cool that’s sorta what I was hoping. And the steeple is similar enough in shape to the BG that it should be good for that specific ski too? Sorry I’m not well versed in ON3P lore post like 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by other grskier View Post
    well, in the three years i've been skiing i bet i can ski most anything those 'pro's' i listed can, probably

Quote Originally Posted by robnow View Post
    Little deep and wide on the ON3P quiver for our area but really stoked to DD the Woods110 this season and of course I can’t be without a Billygoat since primarily skiing some iteration of it since 2010. I skied the Wren108 for a few seasons but admittedly I’m in the camp of wanting a bit of a looser version since getting lazier with technique, hence the WD. Such a beautiful and vibrant graphic on both the WD110 and BGT116, love it.

I wanted to mount the Woods slightly back to more match the mount point of skis like the BG, Enforcer104, Ranger102 but the boys said to leave as is for optimal performance for the sidecut…so I mounted 0.5cm back to make myself feel better.

My first mount on the Pivots/CAST, one toe piece is tighter than the other for transitions so hopefully it eases up over time. Now to decide on Raw or Gold Pivot/2nd Cast for the BG.

Sooo nice! Thats what im thinking on choosing a woodsman. Seems like a good dd but im also concerned about mount point. I'd be interested to hear how that mount point works for you. I'd like to order some in the next monthish after i figure that out. Depending on boots ive had my bg at +.5 , -.5 and on the line. Quick adapt to any of those variations. I was thinking wren as well but id like a little more play and centered like the wd as well
    Other than a spring touring ski you have my picks right there

Sent from my SM-G950W using TGR Forums mobile app

Quote Originally Posted by Wes Mantooth View Post
    Cool that’s sorta what I was hoping. And the steeple is similar enough in shape to the BG that it should be good for that specific ski too? Sorry I’m not well versed in ON3P lore post like 2010
    Ive had my bg and both steeples at +.5. Zero issues albeit thats not much of a change. I always thought +1 would be fun

Sent from my SM-G950W using TGR Forums mobile app

Curious on opinions on last years BG tour 108. Was this model asym? Looking for a beefier touring ski that I can do more jumping and dropping on in addition to my lighter weight setup. Mostly Wasatch touring... thoughts?

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    Curious on opinions on last years BG tour 108. Was this model asym? Looking for a beefier touring ski that I can do more jumping and dropping on in addition to my lighter weight setup. Mostly Wasatch touring... thoughts?
    Not Asym at all. It feels like a Billygoat should, but it’s way lighter. The updated rocker in the rear is nice too. Just a nice Tour Billygoat, for me. It’s got more of a “round” flex than the standard but it’s very supportive/suspension-like. Might be on the narrow-side for Wasatch tho…

Depends which Steeple you're looking at... The ones with RES come in a variety of widths based on year. But they are essentially a light Billy goat or a skinny light Billy goat.

I made an acquaintance with a rock couple days ago…

On that note: does anyone know if the blister discount adds up to custom discount?
    I need to order soon to get the new skis before christmas.

ON3P SKIS Discussion

Sorry Tobsen. That thing is ugly. I suggest it can be repaired but I’d PM Tuco for a professional opinion. Or ON3P may take those in for a repair / or have a single.
    Uno mas

Quote Originally Posted by beeeom View Post
    Depends which Steeple you're looking at... The ones with RES come in a variety of widths based on year. But they are essentially a light Billy goat or a skinny light Billy goat.
    Steeple 98, based on the Wrenegade, was the only non-RES Steeple.

Quote Originally Posted by rainy512day View Post
    Steeple 98, based on the Wrenegade, was the only non-RES Steeple.
    This is correct.

Also, all Steeples managed their weight savings through a thinner core profile and changes to the composite layup. Cores were still full bamboo.
    Tour and 50/50 models from last year forward have a bamboo/paulownia core. Probably some modifications to composite layup although I don't recall details. Tour models also have thinner bases and edges (comparable with most manufacturer's standard bases/edges) whereas 50/50 models have the normal, thicker ON3P bases/edges.

All of this adds up to newer Tour models feeling fairly similar on-snow (IMO) to older Steeples while being considerably lighter.

Quote Originally Posted by adrenalated View Post
    This is correct.

All of this adds up to newer Tour models feeling fairly similar on-snow (IMO) to older Steeples while being considerably lighter.
    Haha yeah my 189 108s are definitely not a light ski
    Quote Originally Posted by other grskier View Post
    well, in the three years i've been skiing i bet i can ski most anything those 'pro's' i listed can, probably

Got some new touring boots with a shorter bsl. Had to adjust the heel on the plums I have on my Steeple 102s to compensate.

This resulted in around a +0.75 mount on the Steeples. I'm worried this is going to negatively affect the ski, as I have read that RES skis are not receptive to a forward mount, and get hooky.

Any thoughts on this? Worth a full remount if I can find room?

Ur
    Gunna
    Die

Quote Originally Posted by dub2 View Post
    Got some new touring boots with a shorter bsl. Had to adjust the heel on the plums I have on my Steeple 102s to compensate.

This resulted in around a +0.75 mount on the Steeples. I'm worried this is going to negatively affect the ski, as I have read that RES skis are not receptive to a forward mount, and get hooky.

Not worth a remount without skiing them first. Ski 'em and go from there.

Quote Originally Posted by SkiLyft View Post
    Ur
    Gunna
    Die

Yup. Death is certain.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Let us so live that when we come to die even the undertaker will be sorry - Mark Twain

Anyone experimented with mounting a Steeple slightly forward of the line? Don’t want to fuck with the RES but they seem so surfy and the tips are so long I’m curious how it’d ski
    Last year on Steeple 102 I switched out alpine bindings for Shifts. Had to mount the Shifts -1.5cm due to overlap of the old drill holes. It didn’t work for me at all. At the end of the season I ditched the Shifts for Vipec Evo 12 and had to mount them +1.0 forward of the recommended mountpoint. I only got one day on them but it brought the magic back to the Steeples. Of course YMMV.

Quote Originally Posted by dub2 View Post

Assuming they're the 184s you're definitely going to die if you try to ski them at +0.75cm and should probably just cut your losses and sell them, which I'd begrudgingly help facilitate.
    "High risers are for people with fused ankles, jongs and dudes who are too fat to see their dick or touch their toes.
    Prove me wrong."
    -I've seen black diamonds!

throughpolarizedeyes.com

Any fellow PNW skiers on the billy goat tour 110 or 118? Thinking about getting something to fill the huge gap in my touring quiver between my dynafit beast 98 and pescados. How does this ski handle deep, warm, grabby snow? Hoping to get something that works well in any soft snow that isn't guaranteed pow.

If anyone is interested in these older Caylors, they look really mint. I might be able to facilitate and pick them up.

https://reno.craigslist.org/spo/d/ma...404528563.html

ON3P SKIS Discussion

Quote Originally Posted by stuntedalbatross View Post
    Any fellow PNW skiers on the billy goat tour 110 or 118? Thinking about getting something to fill the huge gap in my touring quiver between my dynafit beast 98 and pescados. How does this ski handle deep, warm, grabby snow? Hoping to get something that works well in any soft snow that isn't guaranteed pow.
    You are new here, aren’t you?

Both are new skis this year, so not many people have skied them. That being said, the BG (since the addition to RES in the design) has been THE PNW Pow ski for the conditions you describe.

Yes, even better than a Soul7, which is the pinnacle of ski design. You heard it here first…
    In constant pursuit of the perfect slarve...

Quote Originally Posted by Bandit Man View Post
    Yes, even better than a Soul7, which is the pinnacle of ski design. You heard it here first…
    How DARE you!!! Nothing is better than the Soul7.
    Fear, Doubt, Disbelief, you have to let it all go. Free your mind!

Quote Originally Posted by eskido View Post
    How DARE you!!! Nothing is better than the Soul7.
    Yeah, the BillyGoat is what you buy if you're not rad enough to ski a Soul7

Quote Originally Posted by Tobsen View Post

I made an acquaintance with a rock couple days ago…

On that note: does anyone know if the blister discount adds up to custom discount?
    I need to order soon to get the new skis before christmas.
    You may want to contact them and ask if you can buy a single ski.

Quote Originally Posted by Doremite View Post
    Sorry Tobsen. That thing is ugly. I suggest it can be repaired but I’d PM Tuco for a professional opinion. Or ON3P may take those in for a repair / or have a single.
    Quote Originally Posted by PNW-skier78 View Post
    You may want to contact them and ask if you can buy a single ski.

Thanks guys!
    Unfortunately they do not have a single ski available. They did, however, sent out base and edge material for me.
    Also, I had a reason to order new skis. 😁