Page 280 of 598 FirstFirst ... 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 ... LastLast
Results 6,976 to 7,000 of 14948
    MHSP - a bummer! New skis are always fun though.

A couple of changes to the ON3P sections of my two quivers:

In: stock 184 BGs (I followed Blister's advice to size uo (soory PowTron), with the difference from before being new home resorts with terrain that I think will be a better fit with BGs)
    keep: 184 C&Ds (I had a chance to get some new Noctas at 50% off, but found out that I was more curious to try the C&Ds I already had - so decided to keep them) + wren88/108/114s
    out: wren96s (seems like a killer ski, but some quiver consolidation is probably called for - time will tell, I might change my mind again before the winter is upon us)
    unsure: kartel108s & 116s (remount slightly farther back, keep as is or sell? The current plan is to keep as is until midway through next season and then re-evaluate. If a remount is to take place then 1 to 2cm back would be the name of the game.)

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	CD BG.jpg 
Views:	143 
Size:	1.63 MB 
ID:	285236Click image for larger version. 

Name:	BG CD.jpg 
Views:	295 
Size:	1.45 MB 
ID:	285237

Also, I asked Iggy if they could produce a mainly white WrenTour graphic a year ago. While the new white eagle graphic was not produced as an answer to that question, it is still 100% fit for what I was hoping could be produced. In one of those "put your money where your mouth is"-moments I pretty much felt obliged to buy a pair with the new graphic. I settled on a new pair of BGs to help answer some lingering question I've had ever since I sold my last pairs, and am glad that I did. They look absolutely fantastic in person and are everything I hoped for and more! Thanks Iggy&crew! (btw, these pics does not do the eagle graphic justice btw. The matte, textured finish paired with the contrast of black, grey and white is just next level awesome imho.)

Name:	bgs.jpg 
Views:	336 
Size:	1.57 MB 
ID:	285238

Next season I actually get to ski a lot, unlike the season past. That will hopefully result in less time obsessing over skis online and more time experiencing and evaluating skis in person. Should be good - can't wait.

Quote Originally Posted by Doremite View Post
    December yet?

182cm Woodsman 96 protos
    161cm Jess 96 for Mrs. Doremite.

Expecting both to be east coast all ‘rounders when stuff is tolerably soft and ~100% open

Attachment 285077
    Damn you!

Waiting to try out some Woodsman 96 as well for New England trees and bumps.
    Hope to hear good things when the snow flies!

Quote Originally Posted by kid-kapow View Post
    unsure: kartel108s & 116s (remount slightly farther back, keep as is or sell? The current plan is to keep as is until midway through next season and then re-evaluate. If a remount is to take place then 1 to 2cm back would be the name of the game.)
    not to beat a dead horse here but fwiw...

if you remember i had waffled about my k108 mount, ended up rec and found the skis to be quite fun (30 days on em give or take). about two months ago i got a wild hair and remounted at -2cm, road tripped out to mt hood and spent the weekend on them and...wow, was i pleased with the results. felt like i had just the smidge extra bit of control i was looking for when really charging and they still retained that super playfulness they are known for.

was considering selling them and going with the woodsman as a dd but now i think i'm keeping the k108 as my dd, older BG's for fresh/fun days and the wren 98 for touring

Quote Originally Posted by MHSP1497 View Post
    Not sure “how” but skis were leaned against wall of garage to dry after last time skiing. Quite probable 1 slipped under her car? Who knows, not too torn up about it.
    This is how I got new boots this year. Except I was the one behind the wheel.

ProTip: After getting off the hill on a dude trip, never read an email from your kid's teacher until you've packed all your crap.

Quote Originally Posted by detuned View Post
    not to beat a dead horse here but fwiw...
    Great - thanks! I've been seeking that kind of feedback. I've seen PowTron and Muggy stating that k116s are sweet one back, where I've been thinking either 1.5 or 2 back. The main "issue" this season might also just have been that my skiing was too damned slow, and that that was the cause of the tails feeling overly long in dense fresh snow - not that the tails are really all that long.

The Kartel/Jeffrey shape/rocker line is killer, so I am not wanting to part ways with mine as of now - in spite of obsessing over mount point.

Quote Originally Posted by snowday View Post
    Damn you!

Waiting to try out some Woodsman 96 as well for New England trees and bumps.
    Hope to hear good things when the snow flies!
    Same wavelength....

If you happen to tele and ski Jay, Burke or Smuggs, PM next winter.
    Uno mas

the tails feeling overly long in dense fresh snow - not that the tails are really all that long.
    agreed...our skiing styles must be very similar due to my feeling of overwhelming empathy for your kartel "plight"

tails aren't super long but there's more than with a "traditional/directional" mount - especially for me with a 191

i think the key is the dense snow, i'm lucky in that most of the snow that falls where i ski is on the lighter side and i rarely have issues releasing the tails. spring time afternoons when the snow gets tracked out and grabby was the most i struggled with the k108 tails - an aggressive tail detune does help a lot in this situation

I am looking forward to getting on the Woodsman to see how they compare to the old Kartel

Quote Originally Posted by detuned View Post
    agreed...our skiing styles must be very similar due to my feeling of overwhelming empathy for your kartel "plight"
    ... i think the key is the dense snow...
    Yeah, that could be. They are just so close to perfection imho. The underfoot backbone, more lively sidecut/flex and deeper rocker lines should make for killer skis. I know I love my k108s in spring pow / sun baked pow, but I kinda think that a slight remount backwards will make them killer in all conditions. Or it could be that I should work on my leg strength and stop bitching. Who knows. As mentioned - I do think they ski awesomely in certain conditions. The length/feel of the tails just makes me ski a bit timidly at times - something I never do on Wrens (due to the ski anyway) - which is the main thing I am trying to negate.

I have hardly used my k116s. When I did too thick socks and feet not used to skiing boots made the experience kinda miserable. In spite of tons of fresh, if dense coastal pow, the experience was not very enjoyable there and then and i quickly changed to wren108s - aka tried and true to limit the number of variables. I still had to stop during runs to get my legs to stop screaming at me (sit down or remove the boots). So yeah, 100% my mistake that had very little to do with the skis. Still, by association my first impression of the k116s was less than favorable sadly. I hope to remedy that this coming season!

So yeah - first world problems here all the way, of the overthinking/obsessing variation

And yeah, selling both wrens and kartels and getting woodsmans across the board would probably be the easy fix / sensible solution - but where's the fun in that?

Quote Originally Posted by SirVicSmasher View Post
    Had the pleasure of skiing with several 0n3p employees yesterday at hood. Great guys and great skiers.
    They also confirmed the fact that their boss is cool and they love their job

Sent from my H3223 using Tapatalk
    Bunch of fucking ass-kissers from the sounds of it
    You should have been here yesterday!

Great - thanks! I've been seeking that kind of feedback. I've seen PowTron and Muggy stating that k116s are sweet one back, where I've been thinking either 1.5 or 2 back. The main "issue" this season might also just have been that my skiing was too damned slow, and that that was the cause of the tails feeling overly long in dense fresh snow - not that the tails are really all that long.

The Kartel/Jeffrey shape/rocker line is killer, so I am not wanting to part ways with mine as of now - in spite of obsessing over mount point.
    For the record I have said I like them between 1-2cm back and I stand by that statement. NOW if I get to ski next season or not is another story before I can continue standing by that statement, haha.

ACL life is real.

Quote Originally Posted by comish View Post
    Got on my new 184cm Wren 114's to enjoy the Mammoth pow day yesterday. Conditions were variable. Some places it had accumulated and covered up the firm base, others not so much. Definitely a bunch of frozen land mines around, but who is complaining when skiing pow on Memorial Day w/ their 10yr old charging w/ a big group of dads!

Loved the skis! Very stoked. Could charge or make short turns.
    That's what I'm talking 'bout.

Quote Originally Posted by PowTron View Post
    For the record I have said I like them between 1-2cm back and I stand by that statement. NOW if I get to ski next season or not is another story before I can continue standing by that statement, haha.

ACL life is real.
    No Pow when I bought my 116s and asked about mounting point you told me the line and sent me the vid from Loveland... You were on 186s and I was on 191s and told me line... So...?

Sent from my SM-G955U using TGR Forums mobile app

I was definitely a fan of the Kartel 116s -2cm back from the line. Played around with the mount point a fair bit with the demo bindings and overall I thought they were best there. I ended up using them as a daily driver the latter half of the season there.

Suited a more aggressive/drive the tips style better, tails felt better in moguls and better float in pow.

Quote Originally Posted by Undertow View Post
    No Pow when I bought my 116s and asked about mounting point you told me the line and sent me the vid from Loveland... You were on 186s and I was on 191s and told me line... So...?

Sent from my SM-G955U using TGR Forums mobile app
    I have skied them on the line a lot! I think for most people that is the spot. The loveland video they were on the line with my STH16, but prior to that I had them mounted with Guardians at -1cm.

When I got my BG Tours is when I moved the Kartels back to recommended so I would have skis that felt as different as possible while still having the 116mm waist.

So I was telling the truth on both accounts

Name:	bgs.jpg 
Views:	336 
Size:	1.57 MB 
ID:	285238
    Just had kid no. 2 and probably won't be skiing more than like 5 days next year but fuuuuuuuck I need that graphic in my life. Might have to pull the trigger on some Wren 108s like that.

^^^ I know, right? I'm usually pretty meh on ski graphics, but that is pure awesome.

...and congrats!

Had a great time at the Factory beer event tonight. The factory tour was cool, was my 2nd time thru but was a first for the wife. The Janis Joplin poster was a really sweet touch too! Really helps my case for replacing the Kartel 98’s!!! Had I brought the right card, I might’ve gone home w/ a pair of those throwback Jeffrey 108’s... Instead, i’ll just order some customs towards the end of July when I have the extra funds to do so.

Gman is online now Mack Master William Large
    Are the blems that didn't sell last night going up on the website? I have my eye on a pair but not sure if anyone picked them up.

Sooo may have ordered a pair of 2014 176 BG Tours last night from the factory sale with a few brews in me.

What are people's thoughts on the 2014 BG vs today's, huge difference? And although I plan to use these more so for resort pow/ sidecountry days, I figured the tours should still work as they are +8cm to my height so a little softer is ok (tours are 1900g, stock is 2050g)
    Last edited by ElementofSurprise; 06-21-2019 at 11:03 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by ElementofSurprise View Post
    Sooo may have ordered a pair of 2014 176 BG Tours last night from the factory sale with a few brews in me.

What are people's thoughts on the 2014 BG vs today's, huge difference? And although I plan to use these more so for resort pow/ sidecountry days, I figured the tours should still work as they are +8cm to my height so a little softer is ok (tours are 1900g, stock is 2050g)

Sent from my SM-G960U using TGR Forums mobile app
    BG from 2014 to today is not a massive difference. There's been several incremental improvements, mostly geared towards making the ski a little better on hardpack without detracting from the soft snow performance, but the 2014 BG is still a great ski.

Quote Originally Posted by adrenalated View Post
    BG from 2014 to today is not a massive difference. There's been several incremental improvements, mostly geared towards making the ski a little better on hardpack without detracting from the soft snow performance, but the 2014 BG is still a great ski.
    Awesome, thanks for the info. Any recommendations on bindings for resort pow + sidecountry?

Quote Originally Posted by ElementofSurprise View Post
    Awesome, thanks for the info. Any recommendations on bindings for resort pow + sidecountry?
    That's a huge can o worms that depends a lot on what boots you want to run, how hard you ski, how much you realistically are going to be skinning vs going downhill, etc.

Personally, I have Look P18s on my 12/13 Billy Goats

Quote Originally Posted by MHSP1497 View Post
    Had a great time at the Factory beer event tonight. The factory tour was cool, was my 2nd time thru but was a first for the wife. The Janis Joplin poster was a really sweet touch too! Really helps my case for replacing the Kartel 98’s!!! Had I brought the right card, I might’ve gone home w/ a pair of those throwback Jeffrey 108’s... Instead, i’ll just order some customs towards the end of July when I have the extra funds to do so.
    Glad you were able to make it out. We didn't really know what to expect but it was a cool event.

Quote Originally Posted by Gman View Post
    Are the blems that didn't sell last night going up on the website? I have my eye on a pair but not sure if anyone picked them up.
    I put some of the protos/demos/blems that are still available up on the On Sale section on the website.
    https://shop.on3pskis.com/collections/on-sale
    Seriously, this can’t turn into yet another ON3P thread....

Just out of interest re these custom proto wren ti's

Name:	IMG_7007_2000x.JPG 
Views:	184 
Size:	345.2 KB 
ID:	286479
    How wide is the titanal strip in the ski? Same width as the carbon or full width underneath the core?

Kinda surprising that those 176 Mag90s C&Ds and 189 C&Ds are still up for grabs. C&D blems in the big boi 189 version for 449? That is a smoking deal. Same story with the demo used 184 BGs with attacks for 499.

I really wanna buy me some new skis, but I really cannot justify getting more. Like not even close. The quivers are kinda excessive as is. Too bad I couldn't attend your event, or I am sure that I would have added to the quiver. The deals are sensational! But I would love to try some Wren ti's, mags or woodsmans 96/108/116s.