Page 368 of 599 FirstFirst ... 363 364 365 366 367 368 369 370 371 372 373 ... LastLast
Results 9,176 to 9,200 of 14969
    Those numbers of low by about 150 grams/ski. 184cm BG 108 Tour coming in around 1780/ski.
    Seriously, this can’t turn into yet another ON3P thread....

Does the Wren 110 Pro actually exist as a ski? The website's link is broken.. and I don't think I have seen that ski anywhere...

wo-a - average weight of 1780/ski at 108/184 is pretty damned impressive.

Sweet sticks Muggy. What binders are you going with?

Quote Originally Posted by ExPowderSnob View Post
    Does the Wren 110 Pro actually exist as a ski? The website's link is broken.. and I don't think I have seen that ski anywhere...
    Yes. They are actually all done. Product pages are off right now until Wren 102 are fully scheduled for production. Trying to fit them in next couple weeks. Same with Jessie/Mera. Both (plus a few other models) are in the group of skis that are either one or done for the season or might not happen with Covid volume loss.

PSA - Fresh Skis in Calgary has ON3P at great Canuck dollar prices - Just picked up Woodsman 108's for my daily Kootenay ski.
    Last edited by Gcooker; 10-27-2020 at 04:27 PM.

ON3P SKIS Discussion

Yeah I can’t vouch for accuracy of my bathroom scale, although it’s usually pretty accurate. Mounting them up with Tectons.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    Last edited by Muggydude; 10-27-2020 at 01:26 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by iggyskier View Post
    Yes. They are actually all done. Product pages are off right now until Wren 102 are fully scheduled for production. Trying to fit them in next couple weeks. Same with Jessie/Mera. Both (plus a few other models) are in the group of skis that are either one or done for the season or might not happen with Covid volume loss.
    Will the Wren 110 Pro also be a Ti layup? 🙄

Oops I can’t do math. 8.2 lbs for the pair so 1760g or so. Still stoked

Quote Originally Posted by kid-kapow View Post
    Did that second ski snap in addition to the bindings being ripped out
    Looks to me like end grain of wood dowels weren't sealed well enough and absorbed water, swelled, froze. Water got under topsheet around holes and froze, delamming topsheet around those holes.
    Plastic plugz should also be installed w/ glue. In reality they should probably be roughed up a little as plastic plugz are shiny.

Muggy - it sounds like you got a killer touring and 50/50 setup going there!

I can't wait to hear how people get on with the new construction.

Quote Originally Posted by tuco View Post
    Looks to me like end grain of wood dowels weren't sealed well enough and absorbed water, swelled, froze. Water got under topsheet around holes and froze, delamming topsheet around those holes.
    Plastic plugz should also be installed w/ glue. In reality they should probably be roughed up a little as plastic plugz are shiny.
    Yeah - that sounds like a pretty likely chain of events - thanks for chiming in More so than Cody's insanely soft flexing skis explanation.

Quote Originally Posted by tuco View Post
    when I used wooden dowels (per XXX-er’s method), I topped them w/ some epoxy and then put 2 layers of packing tape over them, sorta like a replacement top sheet patch. Seems to have worked well enough so far.

Quote Originally Posted by waxoff View Post
    Will the Wren 110 Pro also be a Ti layup? 
    WRENEGADE
    Wren 96 Ti and 108 Ti will be able to be ordered on custom if you want them (just email us), but we won't be stocking them. Sales on the Woodsman have been so good that we're pretty all in on that line.
    Wren going ironically a bit back to where it was. 2 skis - 102 Ti and 110 Pro.
    110 Pro is 186cm only, older rocker profile, big radius. Likely a preorder type deal for it as I only expect to build them 1x per year. We love the brand and the original intention of the skis, so this is about as true to that as we've had since we cut the 113.
    102 has a tighter radius than 108, a bit more tip taper, and we moved the mount point on the 179/184 back about 1cm each. 189cm mount stayed the same.
    I've been pretty clear that I think for most skiers the TI is best on a ski seeing lots of hard snow, hence the focus on a width that is going to see more use in harder conditions.

As I said above, any of this years Wren shapes (96, 108) can be ordered on custom at standard custom pricing if you would like them. Just put a note when ordering. We have a sub-100mm option on that drawing board that we might bring to market eventually, though not sure it will be able to fit in in terms of production volume (as we expect new 102s and tour skis to take up sizable portion of production).

When we looked at where the Wrens were going and what we felt was the areas it excelled (I've not held back that I think for softer skiing conditions, the stock layup is a higher performer), dropping to what essentially is a do it all continental snowpack width just made the most sense. I personally just don't think we see enough hard snow in the PNW to take it out over the WD 108, and styles and what people look for in skis has (at least as it pertains to our sales and questions) shifted towards platforms that are a bit more modern and 'fun". The Woodsman 96 also crushed a lot of the demos that had hard snow, so with both the 96/102 available there, just made since to simplify the Wren side of the line.

As for Wren 110 - color no one here surprised. Hence the one size. We love that end of the Wren spectrum as a platform, but most skier just don't fall in that category anymore. It's sort of like the SG, in that I bet we sell a few pairs to the few people interested and then market is tapped.
    so w110 pro is without ti, but there's always custom eh

Wren 110 Pro is TI. Won't be available on custom. We just pressed everything with stock 110 top and it's done for the year.

Wren 110 Pro is TI. Won't be available on custom. We just pressed everything with stock 110 top and it's done for the year.
    My credit card awaits release!

Yay! 😁

So sexy ^^^^

Credit card ready for 189 102ti... Can’t Fing wait...!

Those numbers of low by about 150 grams/ski. 184cm BG 108 Tour coming in around 1780/ski.
    “We need real weights

Quote Originally Posted by Gnar_Shralp406 View Post
    Pic of the 2nd rip out. Holes likely too close again. But they really let the top sheet have it that time haha. Anyway, this is likely a case of me and my friend trying to stretch my beloved Wrens too far. But I still maintain that the Shift 2.0 should have 4 mounting screws for binding retention.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
    Should have drilled out the plastic plug in front of pullout, wood doweled that hole, then drill out the pulled out holes for inserts(while properly sealing end grain of wood dowel,).

For those curious, apparently this was the post Cody was referring to. Ski was a 186cm Wrenegade 112 on 3rd set of holes....so....yeah.
    https://www.tetongravity.com/forums/...3p#post5820975

Attachment 345072
    Post above should have been w/ this pic

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_3179.JPG 
Views:	207 
Size:	676.5 KB 
ID:	345450

Excuse my messy bench but I rather like team pink bases.

that is freakin gorgeous

Quote Originally Posted by Muggydude View Post
    184cm BG108T came in. Bathroom scale shows 1635g or so per ski which is much lighter than I was expecting. Maybe plus or minus 20g due to accuracy. Stoked

Attachment 345149

Attachment 345150

Attachment 345151

Quote Originally Posted by Gcooker View Post
    PSA - Fresh Skis in Calgary has ON3P at great Canuck dollar prices - Just picked up Woodsman 108's for my daily Kootenay ski.
    Unfortunately not available on their website it would seem.

Quote Originally Posted by Gcooker View Post
    Nice!! Any idea if they will have bg 108 tours? 179?

Sent from my SM-G950W using TGR Forums mobile app

Quote Originally Posted by Muggydude View Post
    Oops I can’t do math. 8.2 lbs for the pair so 1760g or so. Still stoked

1760/ski would make the pair 7.75lbs. Don't ask me how im positive....

Sent from my SM-G950W using TGR Forums mobile app