Page 246 of 599 FirstFirst ... 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 ... LastLast
Results 6,126 to 6,150 of 14969
    Quote Originally Posted by Teenaged View Post
    From iggy on newschoolers

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
    Just putting it here in text form, so everything is there.

Cease & Desist - Me, was the Great Scott until we got a Cease & Desist about it from...Scott.
    Wrenegade - Alex Wren, one of the NS members involved in the ON3P cult from back in the day
    Jeronimo - Matty Jeronimo, who did all the early art on the skis
    Blue Steele - David Steele, first athlete who was with us since the beginning and put time in going back to the Tacoma garage
    Steeple - Also David Steele
    Billy Goat - Billy Russell, one of the NS members involved with ON3P early on (including Tacoma) and who continues to test/give feedback on skis
    Vicik - Will Vicik, a friend of ours who passed away in 2009 (also NS member)
    Caylor - Sam Caylor, employee #2 and someone who put lots of time in during the summer in Tacoma and years that followed
    Tychoon - Rowen Tych, NS royalty and ON3P's #2 for years and years
    Filthy Rich - Rich Fahey, one of our early team riders
    Jessie - our CD's sibling
    Jeffrey - my brother and our finishing manager
    Magnus - Magnus
    Kartel - Karl + we moved the Jeronimo, Jeffrey, and Caylor brands into one syndicate (aka cartel), so we wanted the name to indicate a collective grouping of models. Those models would have all collected into the Jeffrey had we not gone that way (which likely gives you an idea on the future).
    Pillowfight - just us having fun
    Prester - Prester John - John Kutcher (bit of a reach on this one)
    Charlie Murphy - one of my two cats (he is on the topsheet)
    New for 2020 is the Woodsman - named after Trevor Woods, our Creative Director and reason people can stand to look at our skis.
    Also we have a limited, prototype powder ski that has been in the works for awhile called the St. Lucas, after Lucas obviously.
    Seriously, this can’t turn into yet another ON3P thread....

Quote Originally Posted by Teenaged View Post
    From iggy on newschoolers

Maybe Wren was in there somewhere and got cut off?

What's the Woodsman? I see where the name came from but is it also a dedicated tree ski? I hope...

Quote Originally Posted by t-the-east View Post
    Maybe Wren was in there somewhere and got cut off?
    Here's the rest

Quote Originally Posted by gaijin View Post
    What's the Woodsman? I see where the name came from but is it also a dedicated tree ski? I hope...
    Where you been? Why don't you look back over the last few pages.

Quote Originally Posted by robnow View Post
    Where you been? Why don't you look back over the last few pages.
    I'm really starting to understand the urge to send people to www.searchjong.com.
    Common sense. So rare today in America it's almost like having a superpower.

Quote Originally Posted by iggyskier View Post
    Cease & Desist - Me, was the Great Scott until we got a Cease & Desist about it from...Scott.
    Best name history in skiing.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    Best Skier on the Mountain
    Self-Certified
    1992 - 2012
    Squaw Valley, USA

almost-live gram from BBi Alpy, courtesy of Mr. Flowing Alpy

bear paw BGs were outsanding today

Quote Originally Posted by Bandit Man View Post
    I own the current 189 BG and a standard flex SG. To be honest, not a lot of difference between the two. I’m only 5’8” but 195-lbs. either trust what people are telling you or look at a different ski. Ping Suprechicken about his 189 experience. He is closer to your dimensions, and is a ripping skier, and the 189 does just fine for him. You can push the 189’s really hard IMO. But they aren’t some Uber stiff metal layup charger. They are something different. Best heavy snow pow slayer ever. 🦕

Of yeah, auvgeek knows what he is talking about, too.
    I’ll opine. Thanks for the compliment Bandit. Nothing like some laps at BBI for a dose of humility. The mag crew there can ski.

To the gentleman asking questions - Unless you ski HAM 100% of the time, you don’t need a supergoat at your/my size. I assure you that you will not find the speed limit on the 189 and it will be plenty of ski in front of you.

Do not deviate from the line as previously explained.

No problem owning this and the bibby. They are definitively different tools. About the only thing they have in common is the waist size.

I have bibby tours. They track very reliably, punch above their weight in variable snow and are a little easier to ski.

But an RES tip in pow or variable, they are not.

But they are also not 10.6 lbs for the pair of skis. Much nicer on the ascent.

All that to say. I ski them differently. But they both work really well and feel intuitive to me. Switching back and forth is no issue.

And while the 189 BG does well on firm snow all things considered, the bibby doesn’t have an equal in this waist size on firm snow, IMO.
    wait!!!! waitwaitwaitwaitwaitwaitwaitwait...Wait!
    Zoolander wasn't a documentary?

Quote Originally Posted by nickwm21 View Post
    Best name history in skiing.

Agreed!

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

I own the current 189 BG and a standard flex SG. To be honest, not a lot of difference between the two. I’m only 5’8” but 195-lbs. either trust what people are telling you or look at a different ski. Ping Suprechicken about his 189 experience. He is closer to your dimensions, and is a ripping skier, and the 189 does just fine for him. You can push the 189’s really hard IMO. But they aren’t some Uber stiff metal layup charger. They are something different. Best heavy snow pow slayer ever.

Of yeah, auvgeek knows what he is talking about, too.
    Just out of curiosity if you feel the 189 BG and SG are relatively similar why do you keep both?
    Have you done a big write up somewhere that I missed?

Quote Originally Posted by mr_pretzel View Post
    Just out of curiosity if you feel the 189 BG and SG are relatively similar why do you keep both?
    Good point, sell me one! Just kidding but thanks suprechicken for the comments.

Quote Originally Posted by mr_pretzel View Post
    The better question is why do I have a 184, 186, 189, and 193?
    In constant pursuit of the perfect slarve...

At least you sold me your 191. Now I kind of feel bad breaking up the complete set.

Quote Originally Posted by phatty View Post
    At least you sold me your 191. Now I kind of feel bad breaking up the complete set.
    But they went to a good home where they will be well loved, so I am at peace with only having four pair.

This will help me sleep tonight

The funny thing about Kartels is that their perceived stiffness is a function of what ski one usually ski and when in the season you use em.

When you come from Wrens they feel softer and as having less punchthroughyness. However, if you ride softer skis (meaning most other comparable skis) or when you get on k108s on your first day of the season, as the first ski, they feel more than capable enough - like downright chargy - enough so that you think "hm, why have I been thinking about custom stiffer k108s during the off season?". Then you hand flex your unmounted w108s and realize that there really is a bit of a difference.

That being said, k108s truely are quite capable and a lot of fun. Really solid one ski quiver

First day back was a bit odd, with >8inches downfall overnight, but with overnight above freeezing temps and lots of wind turning the fresh into super packed, crusty snow then getting sun backed for that easter feeling mid February. You know - fab feb as we all dream of... K108s were nice enough though, even if w88s would have been the obvious choice of my mounted skis - not the bmt122s that I also brought thinking of slaying pow.

Anyway, good to be back skiing, and good to be on my beloved ON3Ps again. The difficult snow had me pondering what a slightly more setback mount on stock Ks would feel like

And btw, I much prefer the connotation of Kartels and the links to various graphics it logically links into (drugs, death&glory, latino) than Jeffreys, but then I am a recent convert to ON3P.

Quote Originally Posted by andrewpringle View Post
    this could be in the pole plant thread!
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	pole plant.JPG 
Views:	170 
Size:	39.3 KB 
ID:	269840

Picture of the Goats in the Goat pen (just for fun).

Name:	IMG_2654.JPG 
Views:	260 
Size:	200.1 KB 
ID:	269856

174-cm 2017 (Junior’s)
    184-cm 2018 (Junior’s next season)
    186-cm 2014 (Best Tree Skier Ever)
    189-cm 2018
    193-cm SG 2018 Custom

So awesome!

DAMN! Leave some for the rest of us!!

Bandit you notice the asym vs the 2014s?

Skied the new Cease & Desists in ridiculously dry and deep Japan powder today, and they're just incredible. They're equally awesome in deep untracked pow as they when that pow gets tracked out. And as mentioned several times here, they stomp like absolute champions. So much fun! So stoked!

Picture of the Goats in the Goat pen (just for fun).

Name:	IMG_2654.JPG 
Views:	260 
Size:	200.1 KB 
ID:	269856

174-cm 2017 (Junior’s)
    184-cm 2018 (Junior’s next season)
    186-cm 2014 (Best Tree Skier Ever)
    189-cm 2018
    193-cm SG 2018 Custom
    so...you like billy goats?

kidding aside i'm taking this opportunity to again say that the second hand pair of BG's i bought off GS are amazing. i think they are 11/12 model year and first year of res? anyways, it blows my mind how a ski this burly and wide is so nimble through the trees not to mention a freight train in the wide open stuff. definitely has increased my confidence in speed and wide carvy turns in deep pow and soft cut up crud, these things just go!

i can only imagine the latest designs are even more incredible. so bandit, when you are ready to dump the 189's let us know!

Quote Originally Posted by Adrgha View Post
    Skied the new Cease & Desists in ridiculously dry and deep Japan powder today, and they're just incredible. They're equally awesome in deep untracked pow as they when that pow gets tracked out. And as mentioned several times here, they stomp like absolute champions. So much fun! So stoked!
    Awesome!!! Glad you’re as happy as the rest of us on the new CD’s!

Name:	BF350702-91DB-4CF5-AA80-BC81D2983C7F.jpg 
Views:	198 
Size:	396.4 KB 
ID:	269937

Name:	2120446C-8745-44B7-8F71-1A4252430ABF.jpg 
Views:	203 
Size:	505.0 KB 
ID:	269939

Name:	DAF6334D-EA25-4D5F-8637-9D8BB240E61C.jpg 
Views:	198 
Size:	418.4 KB 
ID:	269940

PowTron’s Caylors rock. ‘Nuff said. These are some of the most playful, fun, stable, stompy skis I’ve ever ridden. Thanks again, PowTron! Got lots of compliments and a few lifties at T-Line recognized them as being old-school ON3P’s!

Now to decide whether to put AT bindings on the BG’s and move the STH2 16’s to the Caylors or not. The Dukes skied fine, but I can see myself reaching for these more often than the BG’s as the CD’s handle everything deeper than a few inches. First world problems!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	64DABC3C-BF46-4505-A400-B7223B53156C.jpg 
Views:	140 
Size:	508.4 KB 
ID:	269938