Page 354 of 599 FirstFirst ... 349 350 351 352 353 354 355 356 357 358 359 ... LastLast
Results 8,826 to 8,850 of 14972
    Sorry. I’ve missed a couple of weeks of this thread. Did we ever get a weight on the BG 108 184 with the full tour thin base config?

Quote Originally Posted by Norseman View Post
    I see it as:

BG optimized for resort pow/chop

C&D optimized for untracked
    Ding ding!! This nails it — own both and C&D will be reserved for first hour of the day when in resort or cat days!

Quote Originally Posted by Tailwind View Post
    For people who’ve skied both, when is a Billy Goat better than a Cease and Desist?
    I found the C&D pretty much a perfect snow ski. On anything chopped, or variable, I didn't like the feel much. Billygoat is much more IDGAF. When conditions are perfect (cat skiing and not hit by sun for instance), the C&Ds are absolutely magical. In anything else, the B&Gs are more confidence inspiring for me. I'm a fatty tho.

ON3P SKIS Discussion

I think the C&D (newer) does pretty good in the resort on a pow day, even when it gets chopped up in the afternoon. If anything maybe the core difference between that and the BG make a bigger difference for chop performance than shape. BG would be better day after a storm for sure

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

I would imagine the C&D would do better in continental snow late on a storm day than it does in maritime chop, where the Goat has no peer.

Would add that the BG is no slouch in fresh. Haven’t skied a CD but have many days of 12”+ new on BGs and have never wished I had a better ski for it. I was on older BGs though.

Quote Originally Posted by SkiLyft View Post
    Ding ding!! This nails it — own both and C&D will be reserved for first hour of the day when in resort or cat days!
    Basically my quiver but swap protest for C&D. Most days I'm lazy though and those first few fresh laps I just take the Goats, never ever do I regret it

Quote Originally Posted by Conundrum View Post
    Would add that the BG is no slouch in fresh. Haven’t skied a CD but have many days of 12”+ new on BGs and have never wished I had a better ski for it. I was on older BGs though.
    The old 191 was the better soft snow ski than the new 189, imo
    wait!!!! waitwaitwaitwaitwaitwaitwaitwait...Wait!
    Zoolander wasn't a documentary?

Quote Originally Posted by SupreChicken View Post
    The old 191 was the better soft snow ski than the new 189, imo
    Well, I hope the 193s I ordered are rad or I’ll have to break out my Pillow Fights. My 191s are down the road.

Are you guys overlooking the SG’s? They give zero fucks if it’s untracked or chop

I rip the groomed on tele gear

Quote Originally Posted by detrusor View Post
    Are you guys overlooking the SG’s? They give zero fucks if it’s untracked or chop

QFT

I believe the stiff 193s I ordered are SGs or at least similar. Haven't skied them yet because they haven't been made yet so can't comment.

Quote Originally Posted by Kopi_Red View Post
    QFT
    True story..
    I believe the stiff 193s I ordered are SGs or at least similar. Haven't skied them yet because they haven't been made yet so can't comment.
    193’s are Super’s.

Do we know the price point on the stock BG Tours? I want to know how much my wallet is going to hate me.

Woodsman Graphics

Can´t seem to upload pictures but Iggy posted the woodsman graphics on NS.
    https://www.newschoolers.com/forum/t...21-On3p?page=5

Quote Originally Posted by travel_to_ski View Post
    Can´t seem to upload pictures but Iggy posted the woodsman graphics on NS.
    https://www.newschoolers.com/forum/t...21-On3p?page=5
    Wow, those are sick tops. Well done, Iggy.

You’re saying a 116mm ski is good in powder? Good to know! ;-)
    I ski 135 degree chutes switch to the road.

Quote Originally Posted by travel_to_ski View Post
    Can´t seem to upload pictures but Iggy posted the woodsman graphics on NS. https://www.newschoolers.com/forum/t...21-On3p?page=5
    Pretty solid line up and nice graphic cohesion as always. Probably pop real well on snow. If you want to post pictures, then just type [IMG] copy in the url of the picture followed by [/IMG] Voila.

TahoeJ-yes, 116 waist skis are generally good in pow. My point was the BGs are good enough in pow that if you had to pick between CDs and BGs, I'd rather give up a tiny amount of pure untracked performance for everything else they do well.

But, if you can have an assload of awesome skis, discussing the differences is cool too.

Re SG - it would be interesting to see how a 184 SG (if Iggy ever decides to bring it to market after he mused on it earlier in this thread) would bridge the gap between a 184 BG and 184 C&D. The slightly wider SG shape (compared to a BG) with less tail splay and stiffer recommended flex pattern should be really interesting in the 184 shape too. You know, for all of us short, light people who do not have the cahones to ride skis in big boy lenghts Not that a 184 SG is really needed - BGs and C&Ds is a truly awesome powder offering - but it would be interesting for sure.

I wonder if new or OG c and d tour is better. I skied new Bg and prefer my old one so I sold it. Maybe I don’t like assym. Anybody ski variations of c and d and care to comment? Also comments to applicable UT blower only

I need to go to Utah.
    Utah?
    Yeah, Utah. It's wedged in between Wyoming and Nevada. You've seen pictures of it, right?

So after 15 years we finally made it to Utah.....

Thanks BCSAR and POWMOW Ski Patrol for rescues

8, 17, 13, 18, 16, 18, 20, 19, 16, 24, 32, 35

2021/2022 (13/15)

Did somebody say BILLY GOAT!?

The Woods look awesome. Can't wait to see the BG tour/tour 108 topsheets. Still debating whether I should opt for tour or the new 50/50 option for my next pair. Waiting for official weights before I make up my mind. Really don't need another pair of skis at this point, but you know... ON3P.

I've had 2 versions of C&D. 193 OG(heavy af, nontour) and I own the previous version to the current. OG was a true one trick pony. Little more off balance than I like(too wide at the tip compared to tail. Front taper section too long. Pintail, tail rocker and twintip left no rear support). They were great in untracked or where skis could be let to follow the fall line. Skied the Pipeline at the Bird w/ them and that was it. Sold them the following fall to a fellow local mag who I believe still rocks them.
    Do not have enough time on my '17s to actually comment definitively, but I recall feeling nothing but comfortable on them.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_2259.jpg 
Views:	197 
Size:	1.15 MB 
ID:	335452