Page 445 of 599 FirstFirst ... 440 441 442 443 444 445 446 447 448 449 450 ... LastLast
Results 11,101 to 11,125 of 14970
    Man. Regarding stopping; there’s a huge group here skiing steep, deep, consequential terrain with sheer cliffs and huge trees that would put you in the hospital here in the PNW. And we’re buying BGs over and over - lining up to pay top dollar on customs. Figure it out

Never skied the newer constructed Rens, but ANY ON3P I've been on crush variable shit way better than the Owl Rens I have.

Quote Originally Posted by CascadeLuke View Post
    Man. Regarding stopping; there’s a huge group here skiing steep, deep, consequential terrain with sheer cliffs and huge trees that would put you in the hospital here in the PNW. And we’re buying BGs over and over - lining up to pay top dollar on customs. Figure it out
    Seconded. I've never felt an "inability to stop" in the highly consequential terrain we frequent often.

yeah, BG's ability to provide you with effortless speed management is great. They turn on a dime, and as such - when you want to stop you pivot them and angulate them skis and voila, like magic, you stop.

Man, I think the only thing that could have me more excited about the new BGs was if Iggy made some ready to ship 182s in the 2016 blue/white map BG graphic. Proper excited about the various new Woodsmans as well. The only other ski that I am as curious to ride as the new BGs and Woodsmans are Moment's new Commander Tour. That ski seem pretty damned awesome too, especially if you tour to do big lines.
    Last edited by kid-kapow; 07-30-2021 at 12:51 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by kid-kapow View Post
    yeah, BG's ability to provide you with effortless speed management is great. They turn on a dime, and as such - when you want to stop you pivot them and angulate them skis and voila, like magic, you stop.
    Think this "stop"-ability changes at all with less tail rocker in the 118's?

Quote Originally Posted by WILLSKIFAST View Post
    Think this "stop"-ability changes at all with less tail rocker in the 118's?
    Take this with a grain of salt as I have not skied the new skis - yes, it should facilitate a slight increase in the skier's ability to manage speed / stop, even if the new ski is more soft/deep snow specific than the outgoing one. It should be said that previous versions were not lacking in this respect though.

The shape, flex pattern and rocker lines provides the pivotability (in that order, or something like that), but the new tails should be slightly more supportive due to less splay facilitating one being able to both drive the front part of the ski harder, provide a bit more support when landing and be more supportive for stopping. The overall shape and slightly rounder flex will more likely than not still enable them to pivot with ease.

I dunno, I feel like I am just reiterating ON3P's marketing copy and what Iggy has stated in the last few pages of the thread here, but it also seems like the logical effects the changes would facilitate.

Again, I have not skied em - so I could be off, but for me the new BGs seem like the best of three worlds; the pivotability of the outgoing BG 116s, added power of SGs and increased float of C+D. The outgoing design is still a killer ski though and could be a better ski for certain uses and skiers, so we are still talking evolution here, not revolution. If you have the old ones or can get them at a steal, keep em / go for it, they are still awersome skis.

Considering how pleased most mags were with the outgoing version you would think that Iggy would leave that design alone, but he did not - and the new ski seem to be just what I was wanting this slot in the quiver to be like. Not that I had planned on getting new BGs, but I think the new BG will cover the current BG and C+D slots in a single ski - so yay.

being a on3p fan boii and all that obvious bias notwithstanding and so on
    Last edited by kid-kapow; 07-29-2021 at 12:11 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by gaijin View Post
    So while I think it probably turns on a dime, I don’t yet have confidence that it can stop on a dime. And the key to going fast in a forest is the ability to stop.
    If this is what you are after, then the BG's are definitely for you. I haven't skied the new ones, but the 2014-2017 ones are some of the fastest tree skis I've owned. RES is magic

Woodsman 110 ordered. Cant wait to get them.....
    Took me like 10 minutes to figure out how to change this shit

Quote Originally Posted by kid-kapow View Post
    The outgoing design is still a killer ski though and could be a better ski for certain uses and skiers, so we are still talking evolution here, not revolution.
    Out of curiosity, what uses would you assume the "old" BG would be slightly better?

Alright…trigger pulled on clear Jeffs and dazzle custom goats.

Super stoked. Fingers crossed that the tune issues from last season are worked out and we can go back to skiing everything fresh out of the plastic with no worries.

Quote Originally Posted by optics View Post
    Alright…trigger pulled on clear Jeffs and dazzle custom goats.

Super stoked. Fingers crossed that the tune issues from last season are worked out and we can go back to skiing everything fresh out of the plastic with no worries.
    Eager to see the Dazzle. That topsheet is catching my eye for a custom.

Quote Originally Posted by brundo View Post
    Out of curiosity, what uses would you assume the "old" BG would be slightly better?
    There isn’t a better deep day tree ski than the 2014 BG, IMO. I’ve skied Shiros, Lotus 138’s, Protests, and GPO’s in the same conditions and the Goats were still superior. The 2018’s were a little more demanding but nearly as fun.

If you never skied that iteration, you’ll never know the joy and the difference.
    In constant pursuit of the perfect slarve...

Quote Originally Posted by phatty View Post
    Eager to see the Dazzle. That topsheet is catching my eye for a custom.
    Yeah I’ll share pics for sure when I get them. Guessing there will be some good shots on the site before that. Unless Scott wants to have them build mine first and use them for the product shots which would be fine by me…!

I just think it’s awesome that he’s doing all these cool weird graphics. I kinda hate all ski graphics so for me the clear and dazzle are both like “anti-graphics” and I love it.

Quote Originally Posted by brundo View Post
    Skiers who are slightly more centered/upright/less directional and/or rides in slightly shallower/more variable conditions? I dunno - I am not the resident BG Whisperer, I am just trying not to overhype a ski I haven't even skied or say that previous versions aren't (as) good

The point I was trying to make was that the new design isn't better as much as it is different. Just like the old design had its pros and cons, the new one does as well. So figuring out how you want your skis to ski and in what conditions they will be used is indicative of which should suit your needs/wants/requirements. But, they are still slight variations on the same flavor - both good.

For me and what I want them to do I think the new ones will be a better fit. Especially so if the new Woodsman110s float even better than the first gen, but also retain most of their looseness and power.
    Last edited by kid-kapow; 07-29-2021 at 02:58 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by optics View Post
    Yeah I’ll share pics for sure when I get them. Guessing there will be some good shots on the site before that. Unless Scott wants to have them build mine first and use them for the product shots which would be fine by me…!

I just think it’s awesome that he’s doing all these cool weird graphics. I kinda hate all ski graphics so for me the clear and dazzle are both like “anti-graphics” and I love it.
    I've been set on Gizzlycorns as my desired custom option for a few years but the Dazzle and both Wren graphics are calling me. Plus the stock this year are sweet. Too many choices. The size/design changes are making it look like I might finally place an order for new skis. I can give my 191 hand me downs to my son.

Quote Originally Posted by Bandit Man View Post
    There isn’t a better deep day tree ski than the 2014 BG, IMO. I’ve skied Shiros, Lotus 138’s, Protests, and GPO’s in the same conditions and the Goats were still superior. The 2018’s were a little more demanding but nearly as fun.

If you never skied that iteration, you’ll never know the joy and the difference.
    2014 and 2015 were so good.

I also had a pair of 2014 191 BG Tours that were still a bit over 2300g/ski, but I never skied them like an idiot. I moved them along, so pissed at myself. I bet they were the ultimate deep tree ski, that could still handle resort skiing.

I must say though, I think the 189 Steeple 112 was a little better in untracked trees. That ski comes close to the ARG for me in trees.

I wish I never got rid of any of them

I just ordered these:

Name:  192bg.JPG
Views: 559
Size:  56.9 KB

Dayummm those are sick

Quote Originally Posted by Norseman View Post
    I just ordered these:

Hell yeah!

hell yes! Solid choice - the Wren graphics are damned awesome this year. Can't wait to see some closeups of these!

I am glad Iggy is planning to add more up close photos of the skis. The current ones do not do justice to the awesomeness of the finish and various designs - they just look sooooo good up close and out in the wild.

Midnight 187 Woodsman 110 with 50/50 layup headed my way! Couldn't resist the green sidewalls either. These will be CAST'd with Forza Pivot 15s.

Name:  Woodsman 110.jpg
Views: 496
Size:  62.5 KB

We have a nice little buying spree going in this thread....
    Old's Cool.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	13884F28-E0C2-4207-A23F-3FE2EF184371.jpeg 
Views:	136 
Size:	285.9 KB 
ID:	381014Got the same but a Jeffery…..

Quote Originally Posted by Norseman View Post
    I just ordered these:

.Name:  85ab91a135e1ef92d9a6010f9018f244.jpeg
Views: 467
Size:  23.1 KB

I'm sure this will be addressed in the near future, but here's what I'm wondering. Is the Woodsman 96 coming back? Stock or custom only? If custom order, does it have the same core changes made to the rest of the WD line?

Quote Originally Posted by Joey311 View Post
    Is the Woodsman 96 coming back? Stock or custom only? If custom order, does it have the same core changes made to the rest of the WD line?
    Custom only - same as Woodsman116s (and wren96, 108 and 114s). So this time of year that means a 20usd up charge and your choice of graphic as long as you choose from the stock options

I do not know wrt the core changes - I would contact ON3P directly.

That being said, the woodsman96 is a bit more approachable flex pattern wise than say first gen Wood108s (especially) and Wood116 in the back half of the ski. It is def more of a narrow tide ski (even if their shape will mean they punch above their width in soft snow) and does not strike me as being as chargy as say the 108 from their shape and flex pattern. I have yet to ski my new pair, but I expect them to be a bit different than the aforementioned skis and their softer (not soft) overall flex pattern, narrower width and shorter turn radius should be good match for their intended use - updated flex profile or no.