Page 133 of 594 FirstFirst ... 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 ... LastLast
Results 3,301 to 3,325 of 14839
    Red

NTN
    "Not all who wander are lost"

Quote Originally Posted by uglymoney View Post
    So using a one degree SVST Final cut beveler tonight on the bases of my 98 custom Wrens. Marked the bottom of the edge with a magic marker. Taking off a ton of edge outside in. I think I found my problem especially after I skied my friends 88 Wrens and they felt so fucking perfect I couldn't stop smiling. Figured that is what the problem was.
    I found similar on my wife’s ON3P’s, also using the SVST tool.

To note, the base edge certainly is at 1 degree bevel, it’s just that the bevel is not the full width of the edge. That is to say some of the edge is at the base angle (or 0 degrees) and some of it is at the 1 degree bevel.

I am sure this is somewhat to do with the wider ON3P edges.

I actually really like this as when you tune over time the base edge bevel will slowly work across the width of the base edge if that makes sense.

I mean I guess it might make a little difference in how it would ski as the edge effectively changes height in relation to the base while staying at the same angle.

I think we’re getting into gapic ski territory here.....

What's the supergoat all about? Yes I'm a lazy jong and don't want to go thru 133 pages to find out.

Quote Originally Posted by MCskid View Post
    What's the supergoat all about? Yes I'm a lazy jong and don't want to go thru 133 pages to find out.
    zoom zoom

If you have to ask it is not a ski for you...

Sent from my SM-G955U using TGR Forums mobile app

193cm, 118mm Billy Goat with a wrenegade tail rocker and an extra stiff flex; or something like that. Its big, its unnecessary, and no one needs it, but this is TGR. They all whined long enough and loud enough that Scott made a special run of them back in November or December. Most who got a pair still live in fear of its capabilities.

so you mean to tell me that this isn't a ski for my level psa 1 skiing abilities?

BG for Clydesdales

Quote Originally Posted by CaliBrit View Post
    I found similar on my wife’s ON3P’s, also using the SVST tool.

To note, the base edge certainly is at 1 degree bevel, it’s just that the bevel is not the full width of the edge. That is to say some of the edge is at the base angle (or 0 degrees) and some of it is at the 1 degree bevel.

I am sure this is somewhat to do with the wider ON3P edges.

I actually really like this as when you tune over time the base edge bevel will slowly work across the width of the base edge if that makes sense.

I mean I guess it might make a little difference in how it would ski as the edge effectively changes height in relation to the base while staying at the same angle.

I think we’re getting into gapic ski territory here.....
    We are going for smile factor though so not gapic. Thanks for your observations.

I have felt strongly from the day I started skiing these sticks that they needed more base edge bevel so really the details don't matter to me. I have no doubt Scott knows how to build amazing skis and bevel them correctly which is why we have 4 pairs of his skis in the family quiver and I retired another pair. I'm giving them what I think they need and going for a ride tomorrow. Stoked.

Quote Originally Posted by uglymoney View Post
    We are going for smile factor though so not gapic. Thanks for your observations.

I have felt strongly from the day I started skiing these sticks that they needed more base edge bevel so really the details don't matter to me. I have no doubt Scott knows how to build amazing skis and bevel them correctly which is why we have 4 pairs of his skis in the family quiver and I retired another pair. I'm giving them what I think they need and going for a ride tomorrow. Stoked.
    Interested to hear the difference.

Quote Originally Posted by XavierD View Post
    Most who got a pair still live in fear of its capabilities.
    Or they did a hot lap and haven’t been seen since. Possibly time traveled.

Quote Originally Posted by Norseman View Post
    BG for Clydesdales
    Regular BG charges pretty hard for me. at 6'2" 230(or so...), I'm not exactly a featherweight.

Quote Originally Posted by theetruscan View Post
    Regular BG charges pretty hard for me. at 6'2" 230(or so...), I'm not exactly a featherweight.
    It does for me as well, but there have been a few days over the years when I wanted a little more spine, and I weigh 50 lbs less than you. Rare days on big, open terrain.

It is possible to overpower the stock BG but most folks don't ski fast enough to need a beefier one... SG is a comp ski.

However, I do think it is an appropriate everyday BG substitute for the big guys with strength and speed.

Quote Originally Posted by XavierD View Post
    193cm, 118mm Billy Goat with a wrenegade tail rocker and an extra stiff flex; or something like that. Its big, its unnecessary, and no one needs it, but this is TGR. They all whined long enough and loud enough that Scott made a special run of them back in November or December. Most who got a pair still live in fear of its capabilities.
    Quote Originally Posted by Norseman View Post
    BG for Clydesdales
    It's not really that big. The center'ish mount makes them ski shorter than they tape. That's also due to the RES. I skied the stiff flex, didn't feel they were crazy stiff. Granted the conditions I had that day were fucking awesome, over 20" of damn near blower.
    I'm not an overly big dude, pretty normal I think. 5'10" and 195lbs of twisted steel and sex appeal. Pretty strong though as I do hit the weights hard when not skiing and in the off season.
    There is a whole thread on them where I put a full review. As stated, if you have to ask....
    I would have bought a pair even though I hate paying full retail for skis but then I got an amazing deal on a new set of 191 goats.

ON3P SKIS Discussion

I ski both the regular BG(2017) and SG. I love both for different reasons. The BG is better for trees, tight spots, cruddy/choppy powder bumps, and general messing/surfing around. It is still a fast ski, and can be skied quite hard.

The Supergoats want to rage more. The tail is significantly more powerful, and also significantly less forgiving. It likes smoother conditions in wide open terrain, where you can really let it loose and hit high speeds. It can still handle well spaced trees, but moguls are its one true enemy. It likes to carve a little more than my 2017 BGs, and feels more comfortable on edge, but idk if thats just the new asym design (thats also on 2018 regular BGs) or if its the tail profile.

SG is basically a lovechild born from Billy Goats and 191 Wrens, except bigger and badder. However, it’s not as “locked in” as 191 Wrens, and it doesnt take more than 2 seconds on the SG to notice the RES slarve-ability. The tip on the SG is fairly forgiving, but still, the tail will beat you up if you get tired or don’t stay on top of it.

I think the regular BG is a better resort ski for most people and most resorts. Supergoats want room to do their thing. If you mainly ski at a big mountain with big vertical and big terrain, and also less skier traffic and less bumps, SG’s would crush it. Otherwise, go for a regular BG.

If you are in the PNW and ski a lot of trees, definitely go regular BG. Mammoth, Big Sky, maybe Jackson(although JH has some tight-ish trees and gets bumped out quickly), go SG. Squaw has wide open terrain, but it all gets bumped out within 3 hours on a pow day, and I prefer regular BG’s in those bumps. For the first 2 hours, SG’s are fun though..

SG is more of a “quiver” ski, for those big days when the entire city didnt come to the mountain to bump everything up.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Anyone need some bindings? I got a bunch, new and used. STH2 16s, Pivot 14 WTR, Attack 13s.

PM me.

^ I skied the SG at Silver Mtn. It's not a big resort with lots of fairly to very tight trees. The stiff SG were plenty quick enough and would pivot through them with ease. Not quite the tree ski as the ProTest, which is no surprise. They do love to run in open spaces and it truly is where they really shine.

Quote Originally Posted by 2FUNKY View Post
    ^ I skied the SG at Silver Mtn. It's not a big resort with lots of fairly to very tight trees. The stiff SG were plenty quick enough and would pivot through them with ease. Not quite the tree ski as the ProTest, which is no surprise. They do love to run in open spaces and it truly is where they really shine.
    Was it bumped out?? I haven’t skied the SG’s on a low traffic powder day yet, so I think the deep bumps have something to do with it. I took them into the trees at Alpine Meadows, and they weren’t difficult at all, but those trees arent that tight..

I want to ski the stiffy flex and compare it to my Aeverflex. Aeverflex is a comp ski, no doubt about it. I like it like that though, I wanted a replacement for 196 Governors for rage-days, one that was more surfy. Aeverflex rages harder than 196 Govs, and also is more surfy.

I just realized that since you're laid up at home in the recliner, you're quite literally an "armchair expert" on the supergoats.

Some good info here, at 6'3" 200lbs and a preference for fast open terrain the supergoat sounds great, I hope they have some stiff garnets in the new run so I can spend money I don't have. My current resort skis are 191 movement goliaths so I can imagine these being harder in trees then that considering they have tail rocker. Thinking SGs + goliaths will be a solid quiver for everything that isn't hardpack.
    Might have to hit betelgese for a set of bindings, or might wait for spring sales as I haven't been getting out much this year.

It's not really that big. The center'ish mount makes them ski shorter than they tape. That's also due to the RES. I skied the stiff flex, didn't feel they were crazy stiff. Granted the conditions I had that day were fucking awesome, over 20" of damn near blower.
    I'm not an overly big dude, pretty normal I think. 5'10" and 195lbs of twisted steel and sex appeal. Pretty strong though as I do hit the weights hard when not skiing and in the off season.
    There is a whole thread on them where I put a full review. As stated, if you have to ask....
    I would have bought a pair even though I hate paying full retail for skis but then I got an amazing deal on a new set of 191 goats.
    You are welcome...! Hope you enjoyed them...

Sent from my SM-G955U using TGR Forums mobile app

Which Wren begat the SuperGoat tail?

I want that Wren.

W88 tail, K108 underfoot, C@D tip.

Quote Originally Posted by Betelgeuse View Post
    Anyone need some bindings? I got a bunch, new and used. STH2 16s, Pivot 14 WTR, Attack 13s.

PM me.

PM sent, looking for Pivots with 115 brakes