Page 106 of 594 FirstFirst ... 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 ... LastLast
Results 2,626 to 2,650 of 14839
    Quote Originally Posted by iggyskier View Post
    Assuming they are correctly detuned, uphill skis can pull when you overdrive it on an elliptical sidecut ski. You as essentially putting pressure on 2 different sidecuts if you aren't skiing them evenly. Mounting back will enhance that as you have more leverage to push into the tips. You will feel it on harder snow as the ski is going to grip more.
    I was going to say this. Elliptical sidecut turns harder the more you pressure it, especially the tips - so if you're not weighting each foot equally, the skis are going to make different radius turns.

Despite being a tip driving wren style skier, I telemarked for awhile and am pretty used to weighting both skis equally, so I never had a problem. But most people that learned to ski on straight skis are very one footed.

What glue does ON3P recommend for mounting? Not doing inserts, just normal alpine mount I was going to use slow set epoxy.

Thanks, makes sense! I normally ski them centered on softer snow. Was trying to get an edge in on bad snow, and was a bit startled.

Quote Originally Posted by iggyskier View Post
    Similar issue there. Front sidecut on those skis was very tight. They are complete crap compared to even the 2013 RES design, let alone the new ones.
    Stoked after a half-season on the Great Scott, in 2010 I bought some 186 BG's that summer for 10/11. Skied them a few times but thought they sucked. Gave em another shot in and bought new ones for 12/13... which were such a vastly improved ride and maintain strong relevance and miles in my quiver still. The models nowadays are looking super sharp and I think it's cool to see ski makers refining their craft from humble roots, and admitting to their learning curve.

Quote Originally Posted by adrenalated View Post
    I was going to say this. Elliptical sidecut turns harder the more you pressure it, especially the tips - so if you're not weighting each foot equally, the skis are going to make different radius turns.

Despite being a tip driving wren style skier, I telemarked for awhile and am pretty used to weighting both skis equally, so I never had a problem. But most people that learned to ski on straight skis are very one footed.
    Similar background here with the tele stint and agree that it's good training for the type of even-footed weighting that the bamboo boards wake up with (and which of course is most stable and controllable in soft snow despite the ski).

Additionally, I appreciate tip and tail geometries that allow smooth movement past the other ski, as it makes edging wide pow boards easier and smooths out turn transitions. Always found the RES skis outstanding at this. Opposite end of the spectrum... my XXL's have shangy sharp tip caps from banging and snagging on each other.

FEET TOGETHER, BITCHES

😁
    Last edited by Norseman; 12-04-2017 at 08:12 AM.

ON3P SKIS Discussion

Interesting. I've never felt my Jeronimos do that. Although I "grew up" skiing traditional skis, I really progressed the most in my skiing on rockered, more new school style skis which contribute to a more upright stance. Only later after I started racing out here in Chicago have I started to really drive an edge, but even then that's not really how I ski back in CO. I'd imagine the more traditional your skiing stance, the more this might be an issue. On soft snow the difference doesn't matter

Quote Originally Posted by Undertow View Post
    Bob, I also have the 196 Renegade and a fully rockered ski is way way more sensitive to mounting point than a ski with camber or flat camber. The Ren has a very small sweet spot, but when you found it the Ren is one of the best POW skis I have been on.
    Indeed. That's why I found an un-used pair of Owls from a local mag. They are now mounted with the proper, rear-most mount. Stoked to try them this year. Again. (I had 186 Owls for a season)

Quote Originally Posted by Betelgeuse View Post
    My Jeff 114s did the same thing if they weren’t on soft snow. They hooked and tried to run away from each other. I thought it was the tune, bases high, mount point, all that mumbo jumbo.. I guess it wasn’t, and I just didn’t get along with the sidecut/taper?.. I honestly couldn’t even ski them if it wasnt soft. Only other ski I ever felt this same experience on were Moment Night Trains.

Hmm, back to the drawing board for me. I know I can’t go wrong with a Wren 108..
    Back when the Night Trains first hit the market - the purple version with the wolves, I think? - I tried a few laps on them from my buddy. Neat ski in full, 3D snow, but any air or anything, and you'd wheelie out of everything. I'm just not a center type skier.

The Wrens tick all the boxes. I'm stoked to get out on mine. Would've yesterday, had I had my shit together, waxed them and got up to the mountain before 930. Got fucked and had to take a shuttle and couldn't swap skis.

Quote Originally Posted by spchin24 View Post
    What glue does ON3P recommend for mounting? Not doing inserts, just normal alpine mount I was going to use slow set epoxy.
    Slidewright sells the proper wood glue for bindings. Failing that, a proper, water-resistant, high strength wood glue from your local hardware store should suffice.

If you can find this or this at your local hardware store, that will also work. I've used the green label on several skis.

For more info, reference the 'Mount Your Own Fucking Skis' thread.

Quote Originally Posted by Norseman View Post
    Stoked after a half-season on the Great Scott, in 2010 I bought some 186 BG's that summer for 10/11. Skied them a few times but thought they sucked. Gave em another shot in and bought new ones for 12/13... which were such a vastly improved ride and maintain strong relevance and miles in my quiver still. The models nowadays are looking super sharp and I think it's cool to see ski makers refining their craft from humble roots, and admitting to their learning curve.

Similar background here with the tele stint and agree that it's good training for the type of even-footed weighting that the bamboo boards wake up with (and which of course is most stable and controllable in soft snow despite the ski).

Additionally, I appreciate tip and tail geometries that allow smooth movement past the other ski, as it makes edging wide pow boards easier and smooths out turn transitions. Always found the RES skis outstanding at this. Opposite end of the spectrum... my XXL's have shangy sharp tip caps from banging and snagging on each other.

FEET TOGETHER, BITCHES

��
    Pppssshhhh. Shoulder width apart, gaper. This ain't the 80s.

In all seriousness, I'm anxious to get a rip on my new BillyGoats. It's a ski I've long lusted after and I now finally own a pair. And my, do they look tasty. Their quality and finish is spectacular.

The new videos of Billy Goats at Targhee, and C&Ds in AK, that you put on Instagram are awesome.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

The new videos of Billy Goats at Targhee, and C&Ds in AK, that you put on Instagram are awesome.

Quote Originally Posted by nyskirat View Post
    Very nice!

Doan and Rex
    You should have been here yesterday!

Got this email today. Stoked for Supergoats!

ON3P Skis
    Order #6567
    Your order is on the way

Your order is on the way to you. Track your shipment to see the delivery status.

Items in this shipment
    SuperGoat × 1
    Stiff / Green / Black

Quote Originally Posted by OldMil View Post
    Got this email today. Stoked for Supergoats!

ON3P Skis
    Order #6567
    Your order is on the way

Your order is on the way to you. Track your shipment to see the delivery status.

Items in this shipment
    SuperGoat × 1
    Stiff / Green / Black
    Whoa, almost 7k pairs! I wonder who got #1? Hopefully this makes this ski a staple in their line up.

Quote Originally Posted by 2FUNKY View Post
    Whoa, almost 7k pairs! I wonder who got #1? Hopefully this makes this ski a staple in their line up.
    Nearly 7k pairs of all ON3P skis, I believe. Not 7k of S/BGs. Yah?

Quote Originally Posted by Bobcat Sig View Post
    Nearly 7k pairs of all ON3P skis, I believe. Not 7k of S/BGs. Yah?
    Buzz kill. I figured it might be but a guy can dream, right?

Quote Originally Posted by 2FUNKY View Post
    Buzz kill. I figured it might be but a guy can dream, right?
    I have a pair of Wren 112’s with Thanks Obama Top Sheets stamped 001 I’ll sell you for $4999.99 right now.......
    I’ll even include the Cast SI&I for that price

Quote Originally Posted by Bruce Springskiin View Post
    I have a pair of Wren 112’s with Thanks Obama Top Sheets stamped 001 I’ll sell you for $4999.99 right now.......
    I’ll even include the Cast SI&I for that price
    Willing to split binders?

Quote Originally Posted by slowroastin View Post
    Willing to split binders?

Which one do you want? Right or Left binder?

-I am here for the stoke

Quote Originally Posted by Bruce Springskiin View Post
    Which one do you want? Right or Left binder?

-I am here for the stoke
    The red one.

Quick 1 minute of stoke from Rex Shepard on the Cease & Desist:

Got the shipping confirmation email today! Aevergreene/Green/Gunmetal SG's are on the way. Hoping ON3P will post some photos of the Garnet and Gunmetal topsheets soon to help build the stoke.

Fedex Santa came today. Hand fucking reveals a very nice STFF flex. Very stoked!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20171208_102101.jpg 
Views:	277 
Size:	1.44 MB 
ID:	218343

Name:	20171208_102919.jpg 
Views:	342 
Size:	1.33 MB 
ID:	218344

Quote Originally Posted by OldMil View Post
    Fedex Santa came today. Hand fucking reveals a very nice STFF flex. Very stoked!

Name:	20171208_102101.jpg 
Views:	277 
Size:	1.44 MB 
ID:	218343

Name:	20171208_102919.jpg 
Views:	342 
Size:	1.33 MB 
ID:	218344

Thank you PowTron for all your help.

Trigger pulled on the Wren 108.

Can't wait to get them on the snow!
    Smoke'em If You Got'em

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny Gunn View Post

Guns for Gunn

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny Gunn View Post

Sweet...2 pairs of Wrenegade 108s on their way to Calgary!!!