Page 278 of 288 FirstFirst ... 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 ... LastLast
Results 6,926 to 6,950 of 7197
    Sorry to double post, but another question regarding sizing. I'm also 5'6 150, consider myself relatively advanced, and mostly ski Tahoe with the occasional trip to Whistler or Utah. Currently have the 108 Wrens in 179 (19oz fiberglass) and 96 Kartels in 176 (stock).

(Got the Kartels 2nd as a 50/50 park/spring ski as I've recently been getting more into park and generally a more playful skiing style. I really love how the Wrens can charge through anything but at times—eg trees, spinning off features, at the end of a day—they can feel like a lot of ski for me.)

So I'm trying to decide if I should get the Woodsman in 177 stock or in 182 with the softer fiberglass. The Kartels in 176 feel perfect in spring conditions, but I've def hit the speed limit outside the park before. Would be using Woodsman as a daily driver.

Thoughts?
    Last edited by noturnsnecessary; 05-21-2019 at 02:30 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by noturnsnecessary View Post
    Ahh definitely jumping on this custom sale and grabbing a Woodsman 108. Now just need to decide aesthetics (leaning toward black eagle/white sides).

Maybe a dumb question, but any pic of what the white sidewalls look like IRL? How much does it pop? Currently have an all black custom w/ green sidewalls.
    They pop a good bit. I really like the white SW on Black. It doesn't have the glow of the green, but you notice it and how it frames for sure.

Quote Originally Posted by mr_pretzel View Post
    Scott do you hace a picture of the clear sidewall? I know you said Icelantic uses it, just wondering if you have one from the factory.
    It sort of looks like a clear-ish blue. Personally, I think it only works well on certain tops (darker tops, blue, etc). I will see if I can track down a photo of it.
    Seriously, this canít turn into yet another ON3P thread....

Clear = Natural? I was thinking natural = wood/bamboo. My off?
    Uno mas

Quote Originally Posted by Doremite View Post
    Clear = Natural? I was thinking natural = wood/bamboo. My off?
    Natural = unpigmented plastic. We called it clear last year, but it really isn't clear (as I said, sort of cloudy). Natural is what Crown labels it.

Youíve shattered my vision of orange topsheet w bamboo sidewalls but I will regroup.
    Uno mas

as someone who has never been on the C&D, why choose it over the Billy? I live Missoula and we get more PNW conditions than champagne
    I started a dating advice app because I always need advice
    ó
    Charmed Chat lets you tinder for your friends

Quote Originally Posted by margotron View Post
    as someone who has never been on the C&D, why choose it over the Billy? I live Missoula and we get more PNW conditions than champagne
    There was one other Mag from Oregon (**edit found him @MSHP1497) who posted on here several months ago about that question. He made it seem like he was grabbing the C&D wayyy more than his goats. Having used the Goats this year as a DD I am excited to grab some C&D's this summer. Dare I say custom!!

Found em

Quote Originally Posted by MHSP1497 View Post
    I certainly donít feel that my C&Dís charge any less hard than my BGís... donít over think it. I havenít found anything yet that my C&Dís cannot do as well as my BGís. But I also havenít tried the C&Dís in heavy, wet, day-after mank or cut-up super-skied-out chop either; which is where the BG is really stupid fun. They charge hard. I pushed mine hard on Monday in 2Ē over crust and they were surprisingly great, even on the groomers where they felt only slightly different than my BGís in how my patellar tendons were sore due to the width on a groomer (= not ideal). Keep them in soft snow and/or fresh days and I think youíll be pleasantly surprised.

Quote Originally Posted by MHSP1497 View Post
    - different skis, other than maybe weight being somewhat similar/maybe/prolly not

- CD has the same straight sections of edge underfoot that the current BG has, so is very similar in hardpack to my 16/17 BGís.

- CD better in float, low-angle, more stable/stompy, handles cut up the same as my 16/17 BG

- CD wildly nimble and easy to throw around in tight places/trees

Not sure itís a fair or real close comparison, as the hardpack manners of the later BGís (which was usually the cited downside to a BG in the earlier vintages) have directly translated to the new CD.

Quote Originally Posted by margotron View Post
    You might want to ping Suprechicken, as well. He skis current BGís and C&Dís.

I only have one late season powder day on my C&Dís so far. A fatter goat with a more float and a little less charge. So fun!!
    In constant pursuit of the perfect slarve...

Quote Originally Posted by iggyskier View Post
    Natural = unpigmented plastic. We called it clear last year, but it really isn't clear (as I said, sort of cloudy). Natural is what Crown labels it.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20190516_181415760.jpg 
Views:	126 
Size:	888.8 KB 
ID:	282821
    Look like these?
    Scott, have you ever considered offering black bases?

Better cloudy than whatever the clear sidewalls were in the 1st(?) gen katanas

Quote Originally Posted by abraham View Post
    Better cloudy than whatever the clear sidewalls were in the 1st(?) gen katanas
    Urethane

Quote Originally Posted by tuco View Post
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20190516_181415760.jpg 
Views:	126 
Size:	888.8 KB 
ID:	282821
    Scott, have you ever considered offering black bases?
    Yep - that is it.

As for black base, not too seriously. We would have to bring on around 500 pairs worth to do so, the green is the easiest/most successful marketing we've ever had (so black would only be used on custom), and we have no concerns on the clear 4001 material. Maybe someday if we get our custom volume up.

Quote Originally Posted by iggyskier View Post
    Yep - that is it.

As for black base, not too seriously. We would have to bring on around 500 pairs worth to do so, the green is the easiest/most successful marketing we've ever had (so black would only be used on custom), and we have no concerns on the clear 4001 material. Maybe someday if we get our custom volume up.
    I have spotted so many ON3P skiers on the hill, I film clips with the green bases. As nice as all the other graphics and custom graphics are, wood top sheets get the most attention. The American flag standout when out of the country, but the stoke is never as high compared to wood.

- I am here for the stoke

Quote Originally Posted by Bruce Springskiin View Post
    I have spotted so many ON3P skiers on the hill, I film clips with the green bases. As nice as all the other graphics and custom graphics are, wood top sheets get the most attention. The American flag standout when out of the country, but the stoke is never as high compared to wood.

Are you trying to force me to spend $350 for the wood veneer tops with eagles? Because mission almost successful...

Well, I love my glowing green bases(I love my glowing orange too), and I hear you about marketing just from some on hill comments, but can't help but feel black is faster. We do a lot of runs in an area that requires gliding flats. Can't keep up w/ my brother on Boneshakers unless I am also on Boneshakers. It's weird. Probably just wax. I know neither pair B-shakers have been waxed in at least a year, but I'm pretty sure it's actually been 2.

Edit to add: somehow I lost your qoute here Iggy,haha

I am not telling you to do anything
    But I think you know what the right thing to do is. Think of it this way, use the code and your sweet as top sheets are only $250.

Thereís a reason World Cup race skis predominantly have black bases.

Does it matter if Iím skiing them? Not at all.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    I rip the groomed on tele gear

Quote Originally Posted by detrusor View Post
    There’s a reason World Cup race skis predominantly have black bases.

Does it matter if I’m skiing them? Not at all.

I'm talking gliding flats. Like a flat road you have to skate. Shit wears you out if not gliding proper yo
    And also, I have some G3's that glide like shit too, w/ black base. Although, knowing G3, wouldn't doubt the use shatfer base

Quote Originally Posted by Bruce Springskiin View Post

Agreed. I get more comments on my veneer K98ís than any of my other ON3Pís. Especially little kids, they think theyíre so cool and ask me how old they are; theyíre usually a little incredulous that theyíre not old at all. Love the new graphics added to the veneer option, very cool. Wish I couldíve gotten the Wolf on my K98ís, but Iím still happy with them as is... For now... Planning to Demo some Woodsman next season to see if I like them enough to replace the K98ís.

Looks like Iím dropping a grand on skis this summer...

ON3P SKIS Discussion

Custom shop is hot!
    I want orange top Jesses w natural sides and grizzlycorn underbellies for Mrs. Doremite just feeling too cheap for this creamsicle at the moment.
    On man, white eagle black sidewalls and an america underbelly.... I am at the point where I canít buy more skis. For me anyway. Mmmm
    Uno mas

If anyone is interested in minty 2019 Cease and Desists (1 mount, attacks 307 bsl) I may consider selling cause I want a custom topsheet PM Me

Quote Originally Posted by Muggydude View Post
    If anyone is interested in minty 2019 Cease and Desists (1 mount, attacks 307 bsl) I may consider selling cause I want a custom topsheet PM Me
    What length are those?

Also: Anyone skiing the 184 C&D and wishing they got the 189 or vice versa? I'm sorta in between sizes and would like a little info on the differences. Normally I'd go longer for powder, but I really cant imagine sinking the 146mm tips on the 184s, and the extra maneuverability/lightness is always appreciated.

Quote Originally Posted by Muggydude View Post
    The man gets injured. 5 seconds later you snag his skis. Ski the damn things. Fuck a custom top sheet theyíre skis.