Page 300 of 599 FirstFirst ... 295 296 297 298 299 300 301 302 303 304 305 ... LastLast
Results 7,476 to 7,500 of 14969
    Ok enough intermittent Lurking, ski season is getting closer.

Quote Originally Posted by SaltyUte View Post
    Who is all running cast/pivots this year? Experiences?
    I have been for two seasons. Free tour on Supergoats, and now 116 Kartel Stiffy. And the Si&I before that on Wren 112 and more Kartel Stiffies.
    Go for it as it is a burly system, and expect it to be such. I use it on my every day ski as an emergency means it get uphill if needed. For example in side country, a friend takes a spill you can get back up to them rather than have to make a full circuit. It has also bailed me out on trips where touring gear has failed or a friend has borrowed my gear. You can definitely go for a tour on it, but there are obviously lighter options out there.
    I am not the free ride crusher that Silas, Lars or their athletes are so not using it in that manner, but it will get it done. I am more the Clydesdale that likes to flatten bumps.
    Plenty of info on the Cast tread, but I’ll reinforce using the jig to get the toe hoes just right, and they like to use Heli-coils which haven’t failed me.

And to the touring ski discussion. I have mentioned it in the past, but let an ON3P touring ski be what it is, a lighter version of a burly ski. I can’t see any reason for Iggy and crew to chase the weight winnie market. One, those light weight skis are not durable, and you have to ski them with some care. I have never enjoyed having a delicate ski deflecting off everything on the mountain. The steeple line was tits. I did find the Steeple 112 in 184 a little soft for about 250#s of skier. Thus I added some carbon to some steeple 108s. I have a line of people wanting to buy these off me. They are stable and just the right amount of rebound. Not as light as other touring skis for sure, but plenty light for a guy carrying a couple spare pounds over the six pack.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Lookin for a used pair of supergoats if anyone is selling. 1.5 or aever (though now that i'm 230lb instead of 280 not sure i can push em)!
    Waited too long to pull the trigger last season and don't even see them on the site anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by pyromaniacman129 View Post
    Lookin for a used pair of supergoats if anyone is selling. 1.5 or aever (though now that i'm 230lb instead of 280 not sure i can push em)!
    Waited too long to pull the trigger last season and don't even see them on the site anymore.
    Only building them on custom now.
    Seriously, this can’t turn into yet another ON3P thread....

Quote Originally Posted by iggyskier View Post
    Only building them on custom now.
    10-4. You guys going to be open Friday? Have any SGs I could check out by chance?
    Will be in PDX for turkey day and would love to check out the shop.

Quote Originally Posted by Bruce Springskiin View Post
    I am more the Clydesdale that likes to flatten bumps.
    And to the touring ski discussion. I have mentioned it in the past, but let an ON3P touring ski be what it is, a lighter version of a burly ski.
    I can’t see any reason for Iggy and crew to chase the weight winnie market. One, those light weight skis are not durable, and you have to ski them with some care.
    I have never enjoyed having a delicate ski deflecting off everything on the mountain. The steeple line was tits. I did find the Steeple 112 in 184 a little soft for about 250#s of skier. Thus I added some carbon to some steeple 108s. I have a line of people wanting to buy these off me. They are stable and just the right amount of rebound. Not as light as other touring skis for sure, but plenty light for a guy carrying a couple spare pounds over the six pack.
    Let's just say someone is 90 pounds lighter than you, or (gasp!) they have 2-X chromosomes. D'ya think they'd flex a ski differently?

I don't think anyone is arguing for a weight weenie/fragile ski - just for Iggy to apply his genius to get to, say Praxis weight (yes, keep the base and burly edges). The Steeples are burlier than many inbounds skis.

I'm not holding my breath (and Iggy knows best what best makes ON3P sustainable), and there are certainly other good choices out there. Having RES goodness in a lighter 116 Steeple is the stuff of dreams for me, however ;-)

On a related note, I have to confess, that I'm wavering ... considering swapping out my BGs for C&D'S. I can sort of deal with 10.3 Lbs. in that width. I have so many 11x skis that a C&D seems to fit my quiver better.

... Thom
    Galibier Design
    crafting technology in service of music

10-4. You guys going to be open Friday? Have any SGs I could check out by chance?
    Will be in PDX for turkey day and would love to check out the shop.
    Unfortunately we're closed 11/28-12/2 for the holiday. Back on 12/3. No SG in the shop that I can think of right now.

So checking out the Solly shift clamps and they seem like a nice combo to the Wren?
    watch out for snakes

Good Luck! I only bought the 1x layup, but mine aren’t for sale. I suspect the first round of “I bought too much ski”/buyer’s remorse has passed and the rest of us are holding on to them in a “pry them from my cold dead hands” kind of way.
    In constant pursuit of the perfect slarve...

Quote Originally Posted by Bandit Man View Post
    Good Luck! I only bought the 1x layup, but mine aren’t for sale. I suspect the first round of “I bought too much ski”/buyer’s remorse has passed and the rest of us are holding on to them in a “pry them from my cold dead hands” kind of way.
    Oh absolutely. I missed multiple chances not sure if i wanted to give em a shot or not. If something pops up awesome, if not i'll eventually sack up and get my own set made.

Quote Originally Posted by SaltyUte View Post
    Who is all running cast/pivots this year? Experiences?
    I am. Mainly for the dickwaving though. Don’t need an 18 din binding but have busted a couple toes on p14s with moving, plastic parts. And that’s annoying.

Cast 1.0 on 186 14/15 BGs. Go to set up whenever it snows. Yes, their heavy but I don’t own lighter skis and don’t want to. Almost sold this timeless ski after a major drought year. Would have been foolish.

Cast 2.0 on my (soon to be in possession) METAL FUCKING 179 Wrenegade 96ti.

I have the 1x supergoats (grizzlycorn for the win) and I’m 6’1” and 175. Super easy to ski. Never letting go.

I rip the groomed on tele gear

Quote Originally Posted by Bandit Man View Post
    correct, other than the remorse part.

Picked up a pair of caylor 120's. Im wondering how far i dare stray from the suggested mount? Obviously its fairly rockered and twin. Im generally a directional skier that screws around occasionally trying to ride switch. That being said i think that rockered tail will mostly be used as ez release in pow though. Anyone play around with a pair of these? They look to be fun as

Sent from my SM-G950W using TGR Forums mobile app

Quote Originally Posted by grinch View Post
    Picked up a pair of caylor 120's. Im wondering how far i dare stray from the suggested mount? Obviously its fairly rockered and twin. Im generally a directional skier that screws around occasionally trying to ride switch. That being said i think that rockered tail will mostly be used as ez release in pow though. Anyone play around with a pair of these? They look to be fun as

No more than -2cm back.

Quote Originally Posted by iggyskier View Post
    No more than -2cm back.
    K thanks iggy.

Quote Originally Posted by grinch View Post

Iggy already answered but my skiing style fits your description and I have mine mounted at -1 and find it about perfect.

Quote Originally Posted by josef View Post
    Iggy already answered but my skiing style fits your description and I have mine mounted at -1 and find it about perfect.
    Perfect usually with a ski like this I’m at -1 to -2. I was thinking splitting the difference at -1.5. thanks for that

I skied my Woodsmen 108s today. They are really good skis. It's a ski that doesn't need to rage, but still can be skied pretty hard. Not as hard as my Wren 112s, but they don't kick me in the dick at speeds under 40mph like the Wrens do. I like 'em.

Quote Originally Posted by adrenalated View Post
    I skied my Woodsmen 108s today. They are really good skis. It's a ski that doesn't need to rage, but still can be skied pretty hard. Not as hard as my Wren 112s, but they don't kick me in the dick at speeds under 40mph like the Wrens do. I like 'em.
    Same feeling here on my 96s. Perfect ski!

Quote Originally Posted by adrenalated View Post
    What length did you go with?

Woodsman 108s arrived!

Any beta on the Wren Ti? Particularly interested in the 96.

Quote Originally Posted by ffmedic84 View Post
    What length did you go with?

I bought 182s. I'm 5'9" 145# and also ski 186 Wren 112s and 186 BGs. I wanted a shorter, friendlier ski for skiing with the wifey. I also ski them with my Atomic Hawx XTD 130s rather than my Dalbello Scorpions.

Quote Originally Posted by DumbIdeasOnly View Post
    Any beta on the Wren Ti? Particularly interested in the 96.
    I’ll let you know this weekend.

ditto. Will hopefully ride wren96s and wren96tis back to back. If so, then I 'll give some first impressions Very excited to get on them to say the least.

eSock - what happened with the pic of those sweet cat camo ones above? I can see them in all their glory in the quiver thread, but not in this thread. Too bad, as they look awesome

Thanks for spreading the Woodsman stoke! Sounds just about perfection wrt what I was looking for!