Page 290 of 594 FirstFirst ... 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 ... LastLast
Results 7,226 to 7,250 of 14839
    Quote Originally Posted by ACH View Post
    189 Steeple 116 owners, who also owned a near or same length Billygoat, can you please compare/contrast?
    Iggy, I didn't intend to exclude you if you have something to offer.

Still a bit of a pipe dream financially, but if I was looking for something to replace my trashed, now-rock-skis, Original 187cm Dynastar XXL's would the 184 or 189 108 Wren Ti's be more similar? Does the tail rocker on the Ti's make 'em wash out like the billy's or do they hook up pretty well (do they shoot you straight forward if you get in the backseat like a lil baby)?

I remember riding Aenigma's legacy Wrens that yall had made a bit stiffer with extra fiberglass or carbon (I can't remember), they were heavy, crushed every thing infront of them, but rode a tad long at 191. I tried the 14-15 wrens on a demo day and I couldn't see them keeping up with the XXL's.

Will the Ti's be making the rounds for the demo tours?

Current quiver: 191 RES Billy Goats, 187 XXL's, Sherbert 186 ProRiders, "star" 186 ProRiders w/ Dynafits, 189cm 102 Steeple, OG 191 C & Ds.

Quote Originally Posted by jeremiahyawnson View Post
    Still a bit of a pipe dream financially, but if I was looking for something to replace my trashed, now-rock-skis, Original 187cm Dynastar XXL's would the 184 or 189 108 Wren Ti's be more similar? Does the tail rocker on the Ti's make 'em wash out like the billy's or do they hook up pretty well (do they shoot you straight forward if you get in the backseat like a lil baby)?

I remember riding Aenigma's legacy Wrens that yall had made a bit stiffer with extra fiberglass or carbon (I can't remember), they were heavy, crushed every thing infront of them, but rode a tad long at 191. I tried the 14-15 wrens on a demo day and I couldn't see them keeping up with the XXL's.

Current quiver: 191 RES Billy Goats, 187 XXL's, Sherbert 186 ProRiders, "star" 186 ProRiders w/ Dynafits, 189cm 102 Steeple, OG 191 C & Ds.
    I haven’t spent time on the dynastar XXL so I cannot compare but I have skied the wren 108 ti. I didn’t have any problem with the tails washing out and I felt the overall edge grip was pretty good for a ski with as much rocker as it has.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think to match the tail of the XXL you need to look for the original Wren 112, unfortunately without metal, but the bamboo core is pretty fkn damp. The wren 108 is comparitively loose IMO and ti does not really change that.

ON3P SKIS Discussion

FINALLY ordering my Woodsmans today! Can’t wait for my first pair of ON3Ps!!

Edit: Skis on the way, so stoked

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    Last edited by willgoelz; 10-21-2019 at 07:05 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by jeremiahyawnson View Post

Yo! I've got some 194 XXL I'd hook you up with for cheap if you want another set.

-Cigler

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

I took delivery yesterday on a couple of pairs of customs...beeeaaaauuutiful.

I'll post pics after mounting, for drool fuel.

@Iggy: the new textured topsheets are really nice. Is it my imagination or are they actually a little thinner, too?

And it looks like maybe you guys are doing a deeper/more pronounced bevel on the top edges...is that to decrease chipping?

Quote Originally Posted by optics View Post
    I took delivery yesterday on a couple of pairs of customs...beeeaaaauuutiful.

I'll post pics after mounting, for drool fuel.

@Iggy: the new textured topsheets are really nice. Is it my imagination or are they actually a little thinner, too?

And it looks like maybe you guys are doing a deeper/more pronounced bevel on the top edges...is that to decrease chipping?
    Yes, the material is a bit thinner than our previous tops.

And yes, we have increased the bevel from previous years. One note - It looks a bit even more beveled because this topsheet isn't two layer and thus doesn't have the white ring (layer) you saw before.

So yes, we're spending a good bit of time/labor to make these are chip free as we can (still plastic, still loses the battle vs steal most of the time).
    Seriously, this can’t turn into yet another ON3P thread....

Yeah they look great.

Really appreciate that you guys are thinking about all those smaller details.

Any advice on length choice for a 108 Woodsman for me, 5' 11" currently 210# (fat, trying to get back to 190ish#) Currently ski a BC Atris 184 as a DD, seems about right. Ski Targhee so good snow but not really steep, like to ski the trees as much as possible but hoping for more stability than the BC on groomers and chop.

Also, same question for BG's. Thinking about new pow ski's (currently on JJ's, which I have found fun in untracked, then not as fun as it is mounded up through the day.)

187s should be a fair bet in the woodsman range if you want a shorter skis (since you are coming off rather short skis for your weight). If you want to keep it playful then woods116 might be a nice way to go, though I am expecting 108s to be more than sufficient for quite a bit of snow. Most >wider than 108 ON3P should be an upgrade for the conditions you describe (variable) to JJs due to more backbone and heft though. I would not be terribly surprised if a longer woods108 have both bases covered. ON3Ps nail deep fresh more than their widths explain (due to deep rocker lines and tons of splay together with supportive profiles), so perhaps just get the one (woods107) and take it from there

If you’re on a 184 atris and like it. 182.

Kartel/Jeffrey 108 For Sale 186cm

186cm Kartel/Jeffrey 108 with throwback Billy Goat top sheet. Drilled for pivots -1cm for 296bsl. Otherwise pristine. One day of skiing end of last season. Just a little progressive for my skiing style.

$520 + $30 ship
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_4699.jpg 
Views:	179 
Size:	319.6 KB 
ID:	299596   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_4705.jpg 
Views:	172 
Size:	264.6 KB 
ID:	299597   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_4700.jpg 
Views:	194 
Size:	1.09 MB 
ID:	299598   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_4702.jpg 
Views:	186 
Size:	1,023.3 KB 
ID:	299599   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_4704.jpg 
Views:	194 
Size:	1.14 MB 
ID:	299600  

Thanks for the help, I am going to give the 108 Woodsman in 187 a try

to be fair though, your 184s Black Crows probably measure in at approx 182. Woods should be a bit more supportive than Atris as well, so if you wanna keep the skis shorter and more nimble 182s are not a bad option either as pr mr_'s feedback. 108s should be a fine quiver of on ski if Blister's review is to be believed.

I am 165ish, 175cm and run 182s that I have yet to try. I do believe that their ee, shape and your weight would make 187s be the better option, but I would also suggest you give ON3P a call or chat with them - their advice is usually spot on.

I know this is an On3p thread, but I am trying to decide between the Jeffrey 108 and the Wildcat 108.

200 lbs dude who likes playful skis with enough beef that I don’t overpower. Like to ski trees, rip POW and the occasional groomer but ultimately love something a little damp that I can take off jumps and cliffs.

Cheers

Quote Originally Posted by Cdalpra View Post
    I know this is an On3p thread, but I am trying to decide between the Jeffrey 108 and the Wildcat 108.

200 lbs dude who likes playful skis with enough beef that I don’t overpower. Like to ski trees, rip POW and the occasional groomer but ultimately love something a little damp that I can take off jumps and cliffs.

Cheers

Confess to being confused by your other thread on mounting point given this comment but this is TGR so maybe I’m overthinking it, you bought already and are having second thoughts.

Anyway, I think the Woodsmen is likely closer to the WC108 than the Jeffrey is to the WC108 in terms of flex and overall use profile. The biggest difference, without having skied either the inbounds Wildcat 108 or Woodsman, is that they have very different cores. ON3P uses bamboo, Moment uses hardwood. ON3P skis are heavier.

Does that answer your question or no?

Blister has a Flash review of Wildcat 108 that includes a comparison to the Woodsman 108.

https://blisterreview.com/flash-revi...nt-wildcat-108

Quote Originally Posted by DumbIdeasOnly View Post
    Confess to being confused by your other thread on mounting point given this comment but this is TGR so maybe I’m overthinking it, you bought already and are having second thoughts.

Anyway, I think the Woodsmen is likely closer to the WC108 than the Jeffrey is to the WC108 in terms of flex and overall use profile. The biggest difference, without having skied either the inbounds Wildcat 108 or Woodsman, is that they have very different cores. ON3P uses bamboo, Moment uses hardwood. ON3P skis are heavier.

Does that answer your question or no?
    Your not confused, pretty spot on. Maybe I just buy both. F it.

This thread needs some more pictures. My phone's camera struggles a bit, but oh well. Must be more mags that have recently mounted their new steeds

Mag90s with C&D graphics and Pivot14s, and Wren96s with Atomic Backland binders.

Mag90s bought to learn to play around on skis a bit more.

The wren96s were mounted with touring bindings to help liquidate some other skis from the quiver, and iot run similar skis across the quiver. I absolutely love wren108s, so I figure wren96s will be awesome across a lot of conditions and uses with lightweight bindings. My pair were on the light side at approx 1860gr a ski, so light enough for touring uses imho if downhill prowess is the goal. I am really curious to try the Backland-binders as well. My last foray into light weight skis - Praxis EXP + ATK R12s - did not pan out at all, so decided heavier skis was what was needed.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	mag90 & wren96.jpg 
Views:	173 
Size:	1.20 MB 
ID:	300587Click image for larger version. 

Name:	rocker.jpg 
Views:	170 
Size:	1.61 MB 
ID:	300588Click image for larger version. 

Name:	mag90c&d.jpg 
Views:	168 
Size:	1.98 MB 
ID:	300589
    Closeups of C&D tip graphics - just because skulls are always in style

damn those topsheets look good.

And ON3P put the cat camo option on customs so it's time to put my money where my mouth is.
    Last edited by eSock; 11-02-2019 at 09:43 AM.

I’ve been wanting to get something really playful along the lines of a magnus or Kartel 96. The most ‘playful’ ski I’ve owned is the standard wildcat.

Post your thoughts on the Magnus once you have them. I’ve wondered if that would be going a step to far for me.

The wren 96 setup should be pretty awesome. I’ve had MTN’s on some skis last year and I was blown away. My go to binding for most touring at this point. They’re simple and just do their job.

Quote Originally Posted by kid-kapow View Post
    This thread needs some more pictures. My phone's camera struggles a bit, but oh well. Must be more mags that have recently mounted their new steeds

Mag90s with C&D graphics and Pivot14s, and Wren96s with Atomic Backland binders.

Mag90s bought to learn to play around on skis a bit more.

The wren96s were mounted with touring bindings to help liquidate some other skis from the quiver, and iot run similar skis across the quiver. I absolutely love wren108s, so I figure wren96s will be awesome across a lot of conditions and uses with lightweight bindings. My pair were on the light side at approx 1860gr a ski, so light enough for touring uses imho if downhill prowess is the goal. I am really curious to try the Backland-binders as well. My last foray into light weight skis - Praxis EXP + ATK R12s - did not pan out at all, so decided heavier skis was what was needed.

Name:	mag90 & wren96.jpg 
Views:	173 
Size:	1.20 MB 
ID:	300587Click image for larger version. 

Name:	rocker.jpg 
Views:	170 
Size:	1.61 MB 
ID:	300588Click image for larger version. 

Name:	mag90c&d.jpg 
Views:	168 
Size:	1.98 MB 
ID:	300589
    Closeups of C&D tip graphics - just because skulls are always in style

Must be more mags that have recently mounted their new steeds

#justthetips

Name:	IMG_3565.JPG 
Views:	158 
Size:	188.6 KB 
ID:	300603

Name:	IMG_3561.JPG 
Views:	160 
Size:	205.2 KB 
ID:	300604

Optics - hell yeah! Damn I love the new top sheet material. It really adds depth to the graphics. So C&Ds and woods108?

Jeff96s should be money for what you are looking for Tailwind - Mags are going full park imho. Jeff96s should be a pretty ideal blend of playfulness and all mountain prowess. Mags are even softer if my memory serves me right and mounted at what minus two vs minus 4 for Jeffs, while also coming with the park detune stock. Mags are def more of a specialized ski. I will report back after getting some time on them - though they are solely bought to noodle/play around on - not all mountain duties. I previously had a pair of k98s in 176. They were really fun, but were too short for all mountain needs imho. Getting Mags was not a part of the plan if I am perfectly honest. A blem sale coincided with when I ordered my new Woodsmans and when they had Mag90s in a favorite graphic too... Should be fun though.

eSock - depends on what ski you want, but at 200lbs you should be looking at the longer lengths for sure. I would advice that you call the good folks over at ON3P for the best advice you can get. They will def steer you in the right direction wrt shape and length. And agreed - the new cat camo is awesome. The "problem" when ordering customs is deciding which damn graphic to choose. There are just too many stellar graphics to choose from.

Optics - hell yeah! Damn I love the new top sheet material. It really adds depth to the graphics. So C&Ds and woods108?.
    Yup.