Page 244 of 599 FirstFirst ... 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 ... LastLast
Results 6,076 to 6,100 of 14972
    Ripped up Timberline on PowTron’s OG Caylors today to start with... They STOMP landings with more authority than the C&D’s. They’re really fun skis, gonna ride ‘em again tomorrow. Will be w/ the wife and just cruising more than I was today.

Then I switched to the C&D’s after several laps, so I could break-in my new boots (K2 Spyne 130 MV). Spent the rest of the day really getting after it hard, and the boots performed well. The C&D’s are simply magical. Seems the faster you go, the less the bumps matter; they just truck thru everything like it’s freshies. Cut-off at the bottom of Molly’s was a pillow-hopping paradise too and both the Caylors and C&D’s ate it up like it was no big thang.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	43D96C78-CD6D-4178-8B40-7A6EF79283B7.jpg 
Views:	140 
Size:	382.0 KB 
ID:	269472

Name:	F7635B3B-254B-4023-838D-1CFB573C9D95.jpg 
Views:	140 
Size:	585.3 KB 
ID:	269473

Name:	A5059E3B-2D2A-4E9A-AAC4-58EE925FA2F3.jpg 
Views:	136 
Size:	579.4 KB 
ID:	269474

Quote Originally Posted by Leavenworth Skier View Post
    I was just glad someone finally made a ski TGR has been asking for. You guys are going to sell TONS of that ski. Like 30 pairs.
    And the following season, 10 of them will be on gear swap.

Quote Originally Posted by iggyskier View Post
    but because it feels right to reset and we were already talking about bringing the Jeffrey brand back in 2021.
    Please please do this. I’m just disappointed I brought my K108’s to JHMR this week instead of my Jeffrey’s.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

are you guys passing by SW Idaho between Pebble, Red Lodge and Schweitzer?

Quote Originally Posted by flowing alpy View Post
    might ski my first pair of these rip city sticks friday
    You're in for a treat!

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by mfa81 View Post
    are you guys passing by SW Idaho between Pebble, Red Lodge and Schweitzer?
    We were just at Pebble for two days. Red Lodge 2/23-24, Schweitzer 3/2.

https://shop.on3pskis.com/pages/demo-tour
    Seriously, this can’t turn into yet another ON3P thread....

someone bought the last super geauxt. good, that would have caused marital strife

Quote Originally Posted by klauss View Post
    someone bought the last super geauxt. good, that would have caused marital strife
    Woof, finally someone sacked up. I have spent too much time eyeing those.

Supergoats gonna be available through custom next year Scott?

Quote Originally Posted by mr_pretzel View Post
    Woof, finally someone sacked up. I have spent too much time eyeing those.

Supergoats gonna be available through custom next year Scott?
    Assets in place so we can build on demand now. Custom build is live. Though haha - as Leaven mentioned, we seem to have hit that 30 pair limit.
    Seriously, this can’t turn into yet another ON3P thread....

Quote Originally Posted by iggyskier View Post
    Assets in place so we can build on demand now. Custom build is live. Though haha - as Leaven mentioned, we seem to have hit that 30 pair limit.
    Aha it says open for october pressing so I just assumed it was old.

Quote Originally Posted by Bandit Man View Post
    Had a full run of Billy Goats at Stevens today. They owned the deep pow and resulting deep troughs. So fun, so capable, the perfect PNW rip stick.

Attachment 269468

I was on my stock layup SuperGoats. I love my asym 189’s but today the SG’s were perfect.
    Funny. Was a cease and desist day for me. Sorry I missed you and your BG crew.
    wait!!!! waitwaitwaitwaitwaitwaitwaitwait...Wait!
    Zoolander wasn't a documentary?

BillyGoat with edges

Quote Originally Posted by SupreChicken View Post
    Funny. Was a cease and desist day for me. Sorry I missed you and your BG crew.
    I was at Stevens yesterday will billy goats and the pow was amazing. I still consider the billy goats as "cheat codes" for tree pow. What I want improvement in is edge hold on solid ice. So like some of the faces in Wildkatz, or Pro Chute entrance, or the chutes above tye bowl are sheer ice if you're not the first person in. I have vintage 12-13 Billy Goats so maybe things have changed. I need my BG's to have a solid edge hold on pure ice. Is that a possibility, or what ski should i turn to that can handle that. I had two total wash outs to ice yesterday and lost my confidence on the ice entrances.

To sum up the questions, is the new BG able to hold edge on ice, or is that even possible with RES? If not what other skis should i be looking at?

Thanks!

Get a newer vintage, ive skied nasty gash a few times on mine in white ice and been fine

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Quote Originally Posted by klikboom View Post
    To sum up the questions, is the new BG able to hold edge on ice, or is that even possible with RES?
    In a word, yes. The newer ones have a longer, straighter section of edge, primarily underfoot. They’re not “amazing” on ice but hold an edge reasonably well. Basically feels like a short ski, given the effective edge is shorter than a more traditional shape/rocker.

16/17 189’s aren’t scary on ice. Not great but the 140 cm of effective edge does a decent enough job. I Try not to bring out the goats on low tide firm days but they are hard to not throw in the bag when going on a trip and that’s when I have found myself learning how to ski em on firm.
    Go Sox!

Quote Originally Posted by tpacent View Post
    I Try not to bring out the goats on low tide firm days
    FWIW, Stevens can have pretty wind scoured, reasonably steep entrances to bowls/lines, even on days with plenty of wind-loaded deepness after the entrance. I skied the 12.13 Goat there for quite a while and that was the one thing I wished they did better, as well. I imagine that phenomenon is even worse with the crowds now than it was 5 years ago when I skied there.
    "Alpine rock and steep, deep powder are what I seek, and I will always find solace there." - Bean Bowers

photos

Quote Originally Posted by auvgeek View Post
    FWIW, Stevens can have pretty wind scoured, reasonably steep entrances to bowls/lines, even on days with plenty of wind-loaded deepness after the entrance. I skied the 12.13 Goat there for quite a while and that was the one thing I wished they did better, as well. I imagine that phenomenon is even worse with the crowds now than it was 5 years ago when I skied there.
    this.

and yes, our "stashes" are now well traveled routes. :-( The glory days are over.

Sounds like you are the perfect person to ask what do you recommend for Stevens pow with ice capability?? I mean we had 2 feet fresh yesterday and all entrances were icy, and yes there are no secrets left but still good!

I have found some pretty raw terrain on snowbird tram face in the entrance of chutes that sounds similar. Basically once you drop below the ridge it is all good and you are stoked to be on a RES ski but the entrance is hairy. My skis have been manageable in those zones and it sounds as though the newer versions are an improvement to the vintage. Like I said earlier, I have such a hard time not grabbing this ski every time I go out. I was hoping that the hybrid/baby/love child ski was going to be a wren/BG but Scott mentioned in a chat on his site that it’s hard to get much more versatile than they have already gotten with the RES design without undermining the intent of the design/ski. I have bought and sold a shit ton of boards but these are ones that I won’t ever sell.
    Go Sox!

I went and checked and I think my skis are 13/14 edition not sure if that matters

Sounds like you are the perfect person to ask what do you recommend for Stevens pow with ice capability?? I mean we had 2 feet fresh yesterday and all entrances were icy, and yes there are no secrets left but still good!
    Nah, I dealt with the 191 BG until I moved away to grad school. Still the best PNW ski I've used, and I'm fine with a little sketchiness on entrances. I also picked up a 186 Jeffrey 110, which bites pretty well on ice when it's not deep enough for the BG.

Wren 114 would probably be better. New asym BG would probably be better. Bandit Man or suprechicken could give more info on new vs old BG on icy entrances at Stevens. Sounds like they've both been skiing them a bit there.
    "Alpine rock and steep, deep powder are what I seek, and I will always find solace there." - Bean Bowers

photos

Hit this last PNW storm cycle perfect and had 3 amazing days of pow on my 17/18 BGs. They are officially in "favorite ski ever" status for me. SO SO SO fun in pow and especially in the trees. Handle any kind of density and variable stuff with ease and shut down instantly. But what really set them over the edge was some late day heavy crud charging. These things are just beasts. The playful/poppy yet damp line I heard about ON3P so often has been spot on for me. Such a perfect balance. I will be watching for some K108 or possibly the Woodsman next year for sure.
    Last edited by mtskibum16; 02-13-2019 at 08:55 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by mtskibum16 View Post
    Hit this last PNW storm cycle perfect and had 3 amazing days of pow on my 17/18 BGs. They are officially in "favorite ski ever" status for me. SO SO SO fun in pow and especially in the trees. Handle any kind of density and vaiable stuff with ease and shut down instanly. But what really set them over the edge was some late day heavy crud charging. These things are just beasts. The playfull/poppy yet damp line I heard about ON3P so often has been spot on for me. Such a perfect ballance. I will be watching for some K108 or possibly the Woodsman next year for sure.
    Another convert. Welcome to the Brotherhood of Billy Goat Believers.
    In constant pursuit of the perfect slarve...

Praise Billy, Prophet of RES

I went and checked and I think my skis are 13/14 edition not sure if that matters
    This storm in the PNW has dropped a ton of snow on a extremely hard crust. At Crystal recently, if the snow shed down to this layer, it was fucking bulletproof. Asking a wide platform pow ski to handle that would be difficult for any ski - I switched out from my C&D’s to Wrens after lunch. If I didn’t have a backup in the car I would have wished I was on BG’s all day.

Absolutely bottomless in the PNW front range right now.