Page 331 of 343 FirstFirst ... 326 327 328 329 330 331 332 333 334 335 336 ... LastLast
Results 8,251 to 8,275 of 8571
  1. #8251
    Join Date
    Nov 2016
    Location
    SEA>DEN>Spokanistan
    Posts
    1,401
    Good keep skiing the woodsman ó maybe my 3 days on the skis just were shit days haha I want to hear more from what people like or donít like about it.


    Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

  2. #8252
    Join Date
    Oct 2016
    Location
    On the mountain
    Posts
    472
    Quote Originally Posted by tuco View Post
    God damn I love these Caylors! You should do a limited time repress of these gems.
    Totally agree! I bought Powtronís old Caylors last year. Theyíre the most fun skis I have. Mood usually dictates C&D or Caylor on a fresh snow day (bouncy/air-time = Caylor, or charge/destroy trees = C&D). They Caylors tho, happy, fun, bouncy, playful skis!

  3. #8253
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    420
    Iím looking at the Wrenegade 96 ti. Be honest: for groomer skiing (or any type, for that matter), is its construction as sound as a Euro OEM ski?

    Like, Euro OEMs have manufactured skis for many decades and kind of know what do do. Just wondering if ON3P compares.

    Also, can someone speak to the quality of the raw materials? Iím not insinuating anything, but I know USA-based companies (of any type ) try to get the ass-cheapest stuff. (Really not trying to single any one company out, but perhaps you know what Iím trying to communicate).


    Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

  4. #8254
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    PNW
    Posts
    5,145
    Quote Originally Posted by Gaperious Basterd View Post
    Iím looking at the Wrenegade 96 ti. Be honest: for groomer skiing (or any type, for that matter), is its construction as sound as a Euro OEM ski?

    Like, Euro OEMs have manufactured skis for many decades and kind of know what do do. Just wondering if ON3P compares.

    Also, can someone speak to the quality of the raw materials? Iím not insinuating anything, but I know USA-based companies (of any type ) try to get the ass-cheapest stuff. (Really not trying to single any one company out, but perhaps you know what Iím trying to communicate).


    Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    The (successful) independent American ski companies survive amongst the long-established European brands because they are using top quality materials with very careful craftmanship, plus have the scale to really innovate. Construction methods are pretty much the same across the board.

    I prefer the feel of the ON3P build to just about anything, including double metal laminates. The bamboo core is so solid... damp but responsive. Try em, man. You'll be stoked.
    PE, Mechanical Engineering
    University of Bridger Bowl Alumnus
    Alpental Creeper

  5. #8255
    Join Date
    Oct 2016
    Posts
    167
    Quote Originally Posted by Gaperious Basterd View Post
    Iím looking at the Wrenegade 96 ti. Be honest: for groomer skiing (or any type, for that matter), is its construction as sound as a Euro OEM ski?

    Like, Euro OEMs have manufactured skis for many decades and kind of know what do do. Just wondering if ON3P compares.

    Also, can someone speak to the quality of the raw materials? Iím not insinuating anything, but I know USA-based companies (of any type ) try to get the ass-cheapest stuff. (Really not trying to single any one company out, but perhaps you know what Iím trying to communicate).


    Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    The construction is much better than most of the big name euro brands.

    Sent from my Pixel 4 using Tapatalk

  6. #8256
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    581
    Are you conserned by lack of quality, or bad design?
    Quality is superb, however I'm not sure that I'd reccomend any ON3P for groomers.

    Depends on what you're looking for in a groomer-ski.
    - bombing roughed up, but soft groomers? Sure, get some Wrens.
    - carving hard snow / ice?
    Maybe something else

  7. #8257
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    1,779
    Quote Originally Posted by MHSP1497 View Post
    Totally agree! I bought Powtron’s old Caylors last year. They’re the most fun skis I have. Mood usually dictates C&D or Caylor on a fresh snow day (bouncy/air-time = Caylor, or charge/destroy trees = C&D). They Caylors tho, happy, fun, bouncy, playful skis!
    I've been skiing them on hard snow too. These skis charge too. Terrain eaters.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gaperious Basterd View Post
    I’m looking at the Wrenegade 96 ti. Be honest: for groomer skiing (or any type, for that matter), is its construction as sound as a Euro OEM ski?

    Like, Euro OEMs have manufactured skis for many decades and kind of know what do do. Just wondering if ON3P compares.

    Also, can someone speak to the quality of the raw materials? I’m not insinuating anything, but I know USA-based companies (of any type ) try to get the ass-cheapest stuff. (Really not trying to single any one company out, but perhaps you know what I’m trying to communicate).


    Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    This EURO quality shit is WAAAY overblown. I've had 2 skis come apart on me, both of which were Euro built(1 of which resulted in injury). In fact, 1 pair was built by the company credited with building the 1st laminate ski
    Quote Originally Posted by Norseman View Post
    The (successful) independent American ski companies survive amongst the long-established European brands because they are using top quality materials with very careful craftmanship, plus have the scale to really innovate. Construction methods are pretty much the same across the board.

    I prefer the feel of the ON3P build to just about anything, including double metal laminates. The bamboo core is so solid... damp but responsive. Try em, man. You'll be stoked.
    What he said.

  8. #8258
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Utah
    Posts
    854
    Quote Originally Posted by Gaperious Basterd View Post
    Also, can someone speak to the quality of the raw materials? Iím not insinuating anything, but I know USA-based companies (of any type ) try to get the ass-cheapest stuff. (Really not trying to single any one company out, but perhaps you know what Iím trying to communicate).

    Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    Re ON3P this made me LOL


    Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

  9. #8259
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Sandy
    Posts
    1,714
    Quote Originally Posted by 123ski View Post
    Re ON3P this made me LOL


    Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    Yeah. Read through this thread and you will learn that ON3P uses the best raw materials you can find.

  10. #8260
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    420
    ON3Pís e-store pate for Wrenegade 96 ti speaks of metal laminates, but the infographic doesnít show any.

    Does the ski have metal laminates in it, or not?

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_2553.JPG 
Views:	144 
Size:	441.5 KB 
ID:	317123


    Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

  11. #8261
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    1,779
    That layup cross-section hasn't been updated to ti construction

  12. #8262
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Cascades
    Posts
    548

    ON3P SKIS Discussion

    Ok collective - need input.
    Just finished my third day on my wren96.
    After the first two days (both without new snow) I was thinking that I may need to sell them. We just werenít getting along. Felt like I could never really get the ski under control. Things improved when I tightened up my core and put more input into them, but still just felt like they didnít wanna corporate. Figured I may be getting soft and losing my edge.
    Today, storm skiing with wind distributed 1-4Ē. They killed it - anything with any softness and they just lock in and ride out and underlying bumps. However, whenever Iíd hit a completely wind scoured pitch, back to that out of control feeing. Opposite of locked it.
    Is it the tune?! The factory tune came unlike anything Iíve seen - incredibly detuned front and back and underfoot the edge is so rounded I struggle to call it an edge. I emailed the factory about it when I first got them cuz I thought they seriously came untuned. Apparently this is the correct stock tune?
    So if I get some actual edges tuned in around my underfoot (keeping tips and tails heavily detuned) can I get some hard snow performance?!?

  13. #8263
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    NCW
    Posts
    2,460
    LOL at all you dudes expecting your ON3Pís to rail hard pack. Itís not the tune. Get them in the air over the hard stuff.

    You need a heavy stiff metal laminate euro ski for that.

  14. #8264
    Join Date
    Jun 2018
    Location
    Portland, OR
    Posts
    757
    Quote Originally Posted by TripleT View Post
    Is it the tune?! The factory tune came unlike anything Iíve seen - incredibly detuned front and back and underfoot the edge is so rounded I struggle to call it an edge. I emailed the factory about it when I first got them cuz I thought they seriously came untuned. Apparently this is the correct stock tune?
    So if I get some actual edges tuned in around my underfoot (keeping tips and tails heavily detuned) can I get some hard snow performance?!?
    I remember having the same impression about the factory detune on the Kartels. They were so dulled out I thought it must be a mistake. Iím digging it now, but after a couple of close calls on sneaker boilerplate last week, am reluctantly considering giving them some more bite underfoot. Luckily thereís a lot of edge material available for experimentation on these skis.

  15. #8265
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Reno, NV
    Posts
    209
    Quote Originally Posted by TripleT View Post
    Ok collective - need input.
    Just finished my third day on my wren96.
    After the first two days (both without new snow) I was thinking that I may need to sell them. We just werenít getting along. Felt like I could never really get the ski under control. Things improved when I tightened up my core and put more input into them, but still just felt like they didnít wanna corporate. Figured I may be getting soft and losing my edge.
    Today, storm skiing with wind distributed 1-4Ē. They killed it - anything with any softness and they just lock in and ride out and underlying bumps. However, whenever Iíd hit a completely wind scoured pitch, back to that out of control feeing. Opposite of locked it.
    Is it the tune?! The factory tune came unlike anything Iíve seen - incredibly detuned front and back and underfoot the edge is so rounded I struggle to call it an edge. I emailed the factory about it when I first got them cuz I thought they seriously came untuned. Apparently this is the correct stock tune?
    So if I get some actual edges tuned in around my underfoot (keeping tips and tails heavily detuned) can I get some hard snow performance?!?
    Could you guys have ended up with the "park detune"?

    Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

  16. #8266
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    写道
    Posts
    11,696
    Quote Originally Posted by jackattack View Post
    LOL at all you dudes expecting your ON3Pís to rail hard pack. Itís not the tune. Get them in the air over the hard stuff.

    You need a heavy stiff metal laminate euro ski for that.
    My 189 / 108 Wrenegades ski great on hardpack, as do my 184 / 98 Wrens. Are you saying that they should suck in those conditions?

    Sent from my SM-G960U using TGR Forums mobile app
    °”rale, vato!

  17. #8267
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    2,546
    Quote Originally Posted by Viva View Post
    My 189 / 108 Wrenegades ski great on hardpack, as do my 184 / 98 Wrens. Are you saying that they should suck in those conditions?

    Sent from my SM-G960U using TGR Forums mobile app
    Could not agree more... I have both the Wren 98 and 108 in 189 and both hold a killer edge on groomers... Blue boiler plate ice no but firm there are no issues at all... Not sure what Jack is talking about but not the experience I have had with them...


    Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

  18. #8268
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    NCW
    Posts
    2,460
    Theyíre certainly not optimized for it.

    Just sick of people posting here complaining that their on3ps are rad everywhere but wind scoured hardpack and refrozen bumps. Thatís NOT the design goal from my perspective.

  19. #8269
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    2,546
    I am tracking with you, but there is a big difference between groomers and scoured hard pack and refrozen bumps... I may have missed it but TripleT did not mention anything about scoured hard pack and frozen bumps... It is either the tune or to much ski for him... My 98s are a breeze to ski and rail groomers (even firm groomers) and actually do a decent job on dust on crust... On the conditions you describe yeah they would be full on suck and the only ski I would be on in those conditions would be a sub 80 ski..,


    Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

  20. #8270
    Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Location
    Evergreen Co
    Posts
    325
    For anyone looking... there were just some Wren 114ís in 184cm that were listed on eBay. Buy it now, not auction.

  21. #8271
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    seatown
    Posts
    3,339
    had a hell of a sleeper day on my wren 108s today. 3-12Ē wind loaded on chalk and ice. killer ski for high speed variable. my legs are finally strong enough to keep up for most of the fall line. i started the day on some shorter invictus 99ti until i was more worried about float than edge. definitely too short to ski soft snow aggressively. the wren is gonna be the ski i take to europe this year.

    my kartel shapes donít get tuned so are much more saucer status as i tool them for.

    i need to dig through this thread and track down that bozone demo fleet. skiing 28/29 and the forecast is lookin wren ti inclined. id drop to 184 for sure. maybe 179.

    fuck, those woodsman demos on the site are tempting though, i need a touring ski.

  22. #8272
    Join Date
    Feb 2020
    Posts
    4
    I wanted to share some thoughts/review now that I have 8 days on my 187cm Woodsman 108s. I am 6'0, 160lbs, 19yo.
    I've had these on everything from ice to waist deep powder.
    In 20-30 inches of fresh, light Jackson Hole blower, they were incredible. They float, charge, slash/slarve/pivot, etc. so much fun. I was never wishing for anything wider either. They were amazing.
    In heavier/not fresh powder, the tail felt a little bit too locked into the turn, although that may have been because I haven't waxed or detuned them at all since they came from the factory. This wasn't too noticeable though.
    I have never had a problem with tip dive in any conditions, though strangely I can tell that I definitely would if I had gone with the 182. Worth mentioning they are mounted -1cm (because I am 19 and can't really afford a dedicated powder ski, so these are my widest ski in the quiver, and I live in New England (not sure why I thought I could afford an ON3P at all, but whatever)).
    For a substantially rockered, 108mm underfoot ski, they are really fun on groomers. Their weight and stiffness makes them really stable, and although I initially thought they felt dead, after skiing on them for a couple days I have found them to be surprisingly fun and playful now that I'm used to the weight. They are just so solid over any rough snow. I have been skiing 180cm 1800g Blizzard Rustler 10s for the last 2 years (they are now my tree/hardpack east coast ski) so it was just an adjustment curve. The more I ski it and get used to it, the more I love these skis. They are also great in both soft and denser chop, I can really just point and charge through. And they are very solid on landings on any type of surface. In soft moguls with a bit of snow on top, they are fine if you take it slow, but when the moguls get bigger and steeper and harder, or you want to go faster, they are quite tiring for me.
    *side note: If I knew I wouldn't be able to take it out west and ski more open terrain, I'd definitely opt for the 182cm for moguls and tight east coast trees. And I already have my Rustlers for that, so I'd size up to the 116 waist for new england powder days. But I plan to and have basically just used these every day, regardless of conditions, when I go out West.

    I've noticed some people selling them because they tried them for a couple days and didn't like them. I was almost in that boat. But give them time before you list them. It took me about 4 or 5 days before they really started to shine for me, now I love them.

  23. #8273
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Cascades
    Posts
    548

    ON3P SKIS Discussion

    Thanks for input everyone.

    Quote Originally Posted by Viva View Post
    My 189 / 108 Wrenegades ski great on hardpack, as do my 184 / 98 Wrens. Are you saying that they should suck in those conditions?
    Quote Originally Posted by Undertow View Post
    Could not agree more... I have both the Wren 98 and 108 in 189 and both hold a killer edge on groomers... Blue boiler plate ice no but firm there are no issues at all... Not sure what Jack is talking about but not the experience I have had with them...
    And how do you have yours tuned?

    Quote Originally Posted by jackattack View Post
    Theyíre certainly not optimized for it.

    Just sick of people posting here complaining that their on3ps are rad everywhere but wind scoured hardpack and refrozen bumps. Thatís NOT the design goal from my perspective.
    Not complaining, seeking understanding. If these skis arenít able to handle variable snow (which wind scoured hard park and refrozen bumps are a part of), then what is the goal? Not expecting that to be their forte but I hoped that managing an array of variable conditions would be well within their comfort zone


    Quote Originally Posted by Undertow View Post
    ... It is either the tune or to much ski for him...
    Bingo. Thought it could be too much ski and then they came alive today so now Iím wondering about the tune.
    Last edited by TripleT; 02-24-2020 at 12:52 AM.

  24. #8274
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    39
    I had my first day on on3p skis yesterday - wren 108s/184. This got me thinking, perhaps I need 184 1.5 BGs to replace my white room 186 renegades. Any fellow cult member care to comment on how they compare (BGs vs white room rens)?

  25. #8275
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Utah
    Posts
    854
    Quote Originally Posted by banzai View Post
    I had my first day on on3p skis yesterday - wren 108s/184. This got me thinking, perhaps I need 184 1.5 BGs to replace my white room 186 renegades. Any fellow cult member care to comment on how they compare (BGs vs white room rens)?
    My BGs arrive tomorrow. Currently in process of selling white room rens. My rens were 186. My BGs are 189. Once it snows Iíll have a good comparison for you.


    Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •