Page 101 of 599 FirstFirst ... 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 ... LastLast
Results 2,501 to 2,525 of 14969
    Quote Originally Posted by uglymoney View Post
    Thanks guys. I ordered some 184 98 Wrens with orange tops and green walls. My neighbor and friend ordered some 179 88 Wrens with wood. Fucking stoked. Been drooling for too long.
    Just saw those orders. Thanks for the support!!!
    You should have been here yesterday!

Quote Originally Posted by alias_rice View Post
    Just can't decide between the 181's and the 186's on the Kartel 108. My big day ski is a Protest 187's and these are replacing my 181 Sickles. I'll be spending a lot of time in the trees with these so I'm leaning towards the 181, as un tgr as that may be.
    181. Remember that a 181 Rossi won't actually measure 181, more like 178-179, whereas a 181 ON3P is actually 181.

Quote Originally Posted by iggyskier View Post
    Height/weight & where do you ski?
    5'9" 190 or so.

Wasatch.

Quote Originally Posted by adrenalated View Post
    181. Remember that a 181 Rossi won't actually measure 181, more like 178-179, whereas a 181 ON3P is actually 181.
    Yeah, that's kinda how I'm leaning.

5'9" 190 or so.

Wasatch.
    I would likely stick 181cm as well. You could go 186cm, but it will be a lot more ski than the 181 sickles.
    Seriously, this can’t turn into yet another ON3P thread....

Are there different options with the wood veneer? I see a darker wood on the instagram story.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

I'm sure this info is in here somewhere but I'm too lazy so I'll take advantage and ask. Quiver the last 3 years has been 186 Cochise as daily driver and Billy Goat as my pow ski. Used to love the Cochise but the more I skied on my BG the more I though they were boring. I just smile more when I'm on my BG (although it's usually on a 12'' + pow day). Plus as of last winter Bachelor is now my home mountain. I'm not a jibber by any means but have a lot of fun on my BG playing around Bachelor when the snow is soft. I'm thinking Kartel 108 in 181 over Wren 108 to get something a little more playful with more energy than the Cochise. Am I going to be happy with that or will it feel too much like a park ski? I'm 5'9'' 175...is 181 about right even though it's shorter than what I normally ski?

Quote Originally Posted by taoslcl View Post
    I'm sure this info is in here somewhere but I'm too lazy so I'll take advantage and ask. Quiver the last 3 years has been 186 Cochise as daily driver and Billy Goat as my pow ski. Used to love the Cochise but the more I skied on my BG the more I though they were boring. I just smile more when I'm on my BG (although it's usually on a 12'' + pow day). Plus as of last winter Bachelor is now my home mountain. I'm not a jibber by any means but have a lot of fun on my BG playing around Bachelor when the snow is soft. I'm thinking Kartel 108 in 181 over Wren 108 to get something a little more playful with more energy than the Cochise. Am I going to be happy with that or will it feel too much like a park ski? I'm 5'9'' 175...is 181 about right even though it's shorter than what I normally ski?
    I replaced a 185 Cochise with a 184 Wren 108, and also have BGs. I'm not jibby at all and I can't comment on the Kartel, but the W108 and BG is a strong choice for a 2-ski quiver. Call ON3P and see about a demo?

Quote Originally Posted by PhiberAwptik View Post
    Does this mean my C&D in a BG mold will become a reality?
    Quote Originally Posted by PowTron View Post
    Something like that
    So essentially a wider Billy Goat... Hmm... Can't call it a Super Goat... Now there's 3 different Billy Goats... You guys are building a Gruff.

how about Billy Goat, Super Goat & Goatse?

Collect them all, kids!

Bloat-goat

Quote Originally Posted by slowroastin View Post
    Are there different options with the wood veneer? I see a darker wood on the instagram story.

We can do dark branding on wood (what most people do) or light branding on dark (rarer). Just put it in the notes of the order. As most people want to see the wood, the first option is what the vast majority of people go for.
    Seriously, this can’t turn into yet another ON3P thread....

Just ordered the K108's with America topsheet. Almost went pink, but worried I'd get sick of it. Stoked about these.

Just ordered the K108's with America topsheet. Almost went pink, but worried I'd get sick of it. Stoked about these.
    Sick skis with either topsheet.

Welcome aboard and thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Kopi_Red View Post
    So essentially a wider Billy Goat... Hmm... Can't call it a Super Goat... Now there's 3 different Billy Goats... You guys are building a Gruff.

There will be some differences for sure. Hoping to announce details soon.

There will be some differences for sure. Hoping to announce details soon.
    I can’t imagine a better powder ski than my BGs.

Just ordered a set of stock 184 Steeple 108s. Nabbed a sweatshirt too!

I haven't been able to find all that much written about the current Steeples. This'll be my first pair of on3p since the '10 BGs I used to have. Those were beasts, at least for me; I'm hoping the Steeples ski a little easier. I'm looking for something with a little more meat on its bones than my 180 Praxis Backcountries, but not TOO much more. Hopefully these scratch that itch!

Psyched. Hope the sale works out well for you guys.

Quote Originally Posted by taoslcl View Post
    I was on an 177 original Cochise and now on a 174 Wren 98. Compared to the Cochise, the Wren is way more fun and responsive. I think the feel of ON3P’s are consistent across the line. So if you want something more directional the Wren be a good would way to go.

Got a question... For a dedicated spring time touring ski people here have advised on the 88 or 98 Wren. My question is if I got the 88 custom with a tour layup, as it already has less core inside compared to anything wider, would this create a super noodle? The 88 is already pretty low on the weight scale, would going down the tour layup road save a heap more weight or would it just create a worse ski on the way down with no noticeable difference on the way up?

Quote Originally Posted by Wawawa View Post
    Just ordered a set of stock 184 Steeple 108s. Nabbed a sweatshirt too!

I haven't been able to find all that much written about the current Steeples. This'll be my first pair of on3p since the '10 BGs I used to have. Those were beasts, at least for me; I'm hoping the Steeples ski a little easier. I'm looking for something with a little more meat on its bones than my 180 Praxis Backcountries, but not TOO much more. Hopefully these scratch that itch!
    I have those skis and they're a lot of fun for day tours. Handle crud as well as I can on any ski and do just fine on hardpack. My guess is that you'd find the '15 BGs easier than the '10 BG's, though I only have experience on the former.

Gman is online now Mack Master William Large
    Quote Originally Posted by Aus George View Post
    Got a question... For a dedicated spring time touring ski people here have advised on the 88 or 98 Wren. My question is if I got the 88 custom with a tour layup, as it already has less core inside compared to anything wider, would this create a super noodle? The 88 is already pretty low on the weight scale, would going down the tour layup road save a heap more weight or would it just create a worse ski on the way down with no noticeable difference on the way up?
    Where are you located? The 88 stock is noticeably stiffer than the 98. I went with a 98 with a tour layup and I’m in New England.

Quote Originally Posted by Aus George View Post
    The Wren 88 is the stiffest ski we make. No noodles there!

Going to the tour layup will knock them down a bit, but wall to wall carbon as we use keeps the stiffness close. You will notice a slight difference in dampness but nothing that make them chattery or jumpy.

The rocker on the Wrens and that narrower waist on the 88 would make a great Spring took

but nothing that make them chattery or jumpy.
    Thats what I wanted to hear!

Quote Originally Posted by Gman View Post
    Where are you located? The 88 stock is noticeably stiffer than the 98. I went with a 98 with a tour layup and I’m in New England.
    Down under, so similar conditions to new england. Have not decided on the 88 or 98 either way... Currently use a 95 for touring and it works really well, so not sure if I want a slight rise in weight but better float or less weight and less versatility in snow conditions. Why is there always a hard decision!

Ordered some custom wren 98's 189 in stock flex the other day. Questioning if I should've gone stiffer..

Powtron or any others out there with some experience on stiffer layups in 98 or any mags who went stock wanting more beef?
    >>Aggressive skier in PNW and weigh around 190. Thanks