Page 263 of 598 FirstFirst ... 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 ... LastLast
Results 6,551 to 6,575 of 14945
    Funnily enough the snow I rode yesterday might very well have been perfect BG conditions, though I have a feeling w114s will suit how I ski better than BGs - hence the swap.

Or I might cave and re-acquire some BGs at some point. Time will tell, but crazier things have happened. Their shape just makes a lot of sense imo, even if the C&D take on the design makes even more sense to me and would probably be a better fit for me than BGs. I guess I should just start using my C&Ds, though my initial take after trying the w114s was that I would not be needing the C&Ds going forward - in spite of the hype in this thread making me get a pair. And yes, since I can't ski much this season I am compensating by buying lots of skis and completely overanalyzing my quiver needs.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	053_861034041.jpg 
Views:	136 
Size:	435.8 KB 
ID:	275776Click image for larger version. 

Name:	053_1644861390.jpg 
Views:	145 
Size:	518.8 KB 
ID:	275777Click image for larger version. 

Name:	053_1142360385.jpg 
Size:	507.9 KB 
ID:	275779Click image for larger version. 

Name:	053_623194536.jpg 
Size:	489.7 KB 
ID:	275778
    Still - they look pretty damned nice imho, one matte top sheet away from perfection. That is one change for 2020 that I wholeheartedly approve of - matte, textured top sheets are absolutely stunning imo and look far better and hold up better to abuse than glossy ones.

Of course - today sees bluebird conditions and 15-25cm of fresh - and I cannot ski. Yay.

Curious - does the snow stick more or less with a matte top sheet?

I don't get to ski nearly enough to justify both the BG and C&D, but damn those C&D are sexy and make me second guess that! I do wonder if something like a Woodsman 108 and C&D would make a better two ski quiver than a BG and whatever else I end up with.

Quote Originally Posted by TahoeJ View Post
    Owning matte BGs and gloss W108s, can't say I've ever really noticed. I personally prefer the look of the gloss and if anything, snow may actually stick more to the gloss than the matte. Maybe you peeps from a wetter coastal snowpack find a larger discrepancy (more suction/adhesion on the gloss surface)?

You guys inspired me to pick up a pair of 187 Brahmas to complement my K108 and R11s. Found a deal for new 2019's @ $380, hope this wasn't a bad decision....

Quote Originally Posted by JaytaeMoney View Post
    I have K108's and added Brahmas for the same reason as you, needed something that can bite when it's really firm. But I have been very surprised by the Brahma's versatility. I also have a dedicated pow ski so I'm basically running a three ski quiver (I have several other skis that rarely get used).

I think if I were making a two ski quiver with the K116 I'd pick the Brahma over another Kartel. Obviously this depends heavily upon preferred skiing style and terrain choices during high pressure.
    Last edited by AltaOmega; 03-25-2019 at 02:51 PM.

I have no idea. The "proof" I've seen thus far is all anecdotal. Some people say less snow sticks on matte top sheets under direct sunlight, while some say glossy is preferable. Some say textured is good, some say that just leaves more purchase for snow to stick to. Hell, people can't even decide if lighter colors are better than darker ones! hehe. The overall friction properties of the top sheet might also have more to say than whether it is matte or glossy, flat or textured - so who knows.

I just prefer the matte, textured top sheet over a glossy, flat one - mostly for their improved esthetics. So not performance driven per se, even it makes me even more stoked on the skis. Don't get me wrong - both are nice, I just prefer the matte/textured.

I might be mistaken wrt the swap for the 2020 lineup though - I cannot remember where I got that piece of trivia from. As such I guess we will know when the 2020 line drops. All I can say is good luck trying to top the current crop of 2019s skis - they look bomber. Also, I really can't compliment Scott enough for changing the graphics every year producing ever more inspiring and graphically pleasing top sheets.

In other news - I just fondled my stock w114s, and man, they make R11s feel like noodles!
    Last edited by kid-kapow; 03-25-2019 at 10:46 PM.

So with my newfound love of the BGs the logical next question is:
    is there a Woman's version for my wife? Something sub 170, maybe narrower waist? She's got the Jessies but would like a little more turn ability and is already sick of hearing me talk about mine.
    And is there a skinnier version for everyday skiing.
    I honestly feel like I could ski the BGs everyday, but that seems unnecessary since I'm usually on hard packed chop, not pow unfortunately.

My wife is on the older 176s and loves them. I’m looking for another short pair for my sister now.

Quote Originally Posted by wwwllw View Post
    My wife is on the older 176s and loves them. I’m looking for another short pair for my sister now.
    I'm glad she is enjoying!

Quote Originally Posted by shredgnar View Post
    is there a Woman's version for my wife? Something sub 170, maybe narrower waist? She's got the Jessies but would like a little more turn ability and is already sick of hearing me talk about mine.
    I honestly feel like I could ski the BGs everyday, but that seems unnecessary since I'm usually on hard packed chop, not pow unfortunately.
    I think they can do custom LadyGoat runs. Not sure on length but I’d be in for a group buy. You?

there was talk of the reintroduction of sub-179 lenghts to cater to lighter riders, but it hasn't been mentioned in the thread for a while. Perhaps for 2020 eh, or if a group buy a la Supergoat could be organized.

That being said I do imagine that the crew over at ON3P has had their hands full this year with refining the Woodsman series as well as chrurning out killer skis - so perhaps a limited launch of a shorter, more lady/light rider friendly BG has been moved to the right a bit, time will tell.

With the last few 2019 skis still in stock going out the door these days, the 2020 collection can't be that far off surely.

Quote Originally Posted by kid-kapow View Post
    there was talk of the reintroduction of sub-179 lenghts to cater to lighter riders, but it hasn't been mentioned in the thread for a while. Perhaps for 2020 eh, or if a group buy a la Supergoat could be organized.

That being said I do imagine that the crew over at ON3P has had their hands full this year with refining the Woodsman series as well as chrurning out killer skis - so perhaps a limited launch of a shorter, more lady/light rider friendly BG has been moved to the right a bit, time will tell.

With the last few 2019 skis still in stock going out the door these days, the 2020 collection can't be that far off surely.
    Anyone know if this a question of price or availability? Like if I’m happy paying $1K or whatever for custom can do they one for me or does it actually need to be a 10+ pair batch? The wife has recently decided she needs to keep rough quiver parity, so if I want new toys she needs some too...

Wrens in general are not as good in the trees as BG’s. They’re fine but you do have to be on top of them. BG’s are more nimble.
    I agree with this. Wrens are no slouch and I consider them the best everyday ON3P i've owned, but the BG is a quicker and better soft snow ski.

Here are the 189 wren 108s in some light stuff a few weeks ago. I could have brought the BGs on this trip, but the wrens worked better overall outside of this zone I got some heady cam footage of. It is a 108 under foot after all with significant tip and tail rocker for it's class as an all mountain charger.

I am now trying to show restraint during ski sales season and saving my beans for the illusive woodsman 116

Looks like fun conditions Klauss - where is that?

Nive vid Klauss

Quote Originally Posted by DumbIdeasOnly View Post
    Anyone know if this a question of price or availability?
    What Iggy wrote last summer:

Quote Originally Posted by iggyskier View Post
    I've also been getting more interest to update the Billy Goat to a women's version - so we likely will be putting up a women's BG page with an updated 164cm/174cm and if you like, you can add your email to the informal wait list. We're working on getting specs updated and a test build done while it is still spring - but if we find enough interest I will find time to get that build done before the season.
    Quote Originally Posted by iggyskier View Post
    (replying to: Same width Iggy? Or slightly skinnier? from SkiLyft) Skinnier. I don't see us deviating from the previous widths, which we felt were dialed (112mm in 164cm, 114mm in 174cm). That said, we're just talking now - so I haven't really dived into the design updates just yet.

Quote Originally Posted by DumbIdeasOnly View Post
    Anyone know if this a question of price or availability? Like if I’m happy paying $1K or whatever for custom can do they one for me or does it actually need to be a 10+ pair batch? The wife has recently decided she needs to keep rough quiver parity, so if I want new toys she needs some too...
    They will do a custom of any ski mold that they have so you will be limited to the models available, from there you can customize stiffness, layup, graphics, etc. Go on their website and go into custom build and you will get an idea of what they can do.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Glad, you like them. Sounds like we made good swap.

is there a Woman's version for my wife? Something sub 170, maybe narrower waist? She's got the Jessies but would like a little more turn ability and is already sick of hearing me talk mine.
    Welcome to the BG cult. To death do we part. Have some 184 98 Wrens that I finally dialed in the tune this year and had a good time on them at Big Sky last week but I had to switch back to my slipper like Brahmas on the last day when my legs were too worked to suck the goodness out of them. Always looking for an excuse to ride the BG's though. An inch of snow at the base? Better take the BG's because it is good to bet big with the odds in your favor.

My wife is on the Armada VJJ on pow days. I think they discontinued them under that name but she skis better on those than anything in her quiver. Turney and steazy. I pray for snow just to watch her ski them.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by kid-kapow View Post
    Nive vid Klauss

What Iggy wrote last summer:

Can confirm they don't have the design yet.

Looks like fun conditions Klauss - where is that?
    Klaus commented recently he skied Whitefish, MT and my guess is that... And I will say I finally got to ski there this year and absolutley loved the place... Other than the warmest day we skied was 5 below the mountain, ski conditions and town were top notch... I am def going back next year...

Sent from my SM-G955U using TGR Forums mobile app

ON3P SKIS Discussion

God my wife would kill for those 164 - 112mm ladygoats. If they become a reality.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Quote Originally Posted by Undertow View Post
    Klaus commented recently he skied Whitefish, MT and my guess is that... And I will say I finally got to ski there this year and absolutley loved the place... Other than the warmest day we skied was 5 below the mountain, ski conditions and town were top notch... I am def going back next year...

Good to know. I've got a friend with a place out there and I've never been.

Quote Originally Posted by Undertow View Post

Yep Whitefish and agreed. We also got super cold temps. Mountain reported windchill was -49 on coldest day. I'll probably get that to -80 over the years as I recount skiing in that cold. Not too bad if you have the right jeans and starter jacket.

How tall are your better halves? My wife is a tiny 5'0" but fairly strong build and ~120 lbs. When I ratio my 184 BG to my 5'10" height her equivalent would be about a 158. She's an intermediate skier and currently on 154 Volkl Kikus. Ever since getting BGs I've felt something like this would really help her confidence in off piste 3D snow. However going to a significantly longer and heavier ski might negate some of the benefit.

Uglymoney the VJJ is one I thought might be a good option to get her more interested in powder skiing. She probably needs something more easy and fun than chargy.