Page 187 of 599 FirstFirst ... 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 ... LastLast
Results 4,651 to 4,675 of 14972
    I just put Salomons on erry thang.

Is this the most glorious thing you could imagine? Next to Billy goats, the difference between stock and tour layup is obvious. Still handflex pretty stiff. Hoping they ski like 191s, just less sinkable.

Cease and desist. Best topsheet (and base) ever.

Bring on some deep days.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_4220.JPG 
Views:	151 
Size:	366.6 KB 
ID:	248038

Name:	IMG_4221.JPG 
Views:	170 
Size:	421.3 KB 
ID:	248039

Name:	IMG_4222.JPG 
Views:	153 
Size:	376.0 KB 
ID:	248040
    wait!!!! waitwaitwaitwaitwaitwaitwaitwait...Wait!
    Zoolander wasn't a documentary?

Those are ugly as fuck. Congrats. Dude let's ski this winter.

Quote Originally Posted by mr_pretzel View Post
    Fks/pivots or sth2s
    FIFY

Sth2s or FKS/pivots in that order...

Sent from my SM-G955U using TGR Forums mobile app

the sidecut profile in the base pics is pretty obvious - looks rad!

deep fluffy days in your future friend, happy turns

Has anyone been on both the Wrenegade and the Fischer Ranger? Any comparisons between the two skis would be great. I have a set of Ranger 108s and I'm trying to decide if a Wrenegade 98 is in my future

Fuck, it was a hard decision between BG's again or C&D, especially since I campaigned pretty hard for the C&D to have the same rocker profile as the BG. Mt Hood Meadows is just too small.
    Training for Alpental

Quote Originally Posted by PhiberAwptik View Post
    Fuck, it was a hard decision between BG's again or C&D, especially since I campaigned pretty hard for the C&D to have the same rocker profile as the BG. Mt Hood Meadows is just too small.
    Too small for what?

Quote Originally Posted by Gepeto View Post
    To add - damper than you can expect from a non-metal layup and still possess boing
    Exactly

ON3P SKIS Discussion

Quote Originally Posted by _Ryan_ View Post
    Has anyone been on both the Wrenegade and the Fischer Ranger? Any comparisons between the two skis would be great. I have a set of Ranger 108s and I'm trying to decide if a Wrenegade 98 is in my future
    I haven’t skied a ranger and don’t have any desire to. Both may be similar shape, and directional. But the robustness is significantly different, the edges on the ranger have half the metal of an ON3P edge. And the base material appears to be softer. I’d speculate that the wren will feel more damp and comfortable at speed.

- I am here for the stoke
    Last edited by Bruce Springskiin; 09-21-2018 at 04:30 AM.

ranger 115s at least are pretty damp and comfortable in chop. best kind of boring ski. they just go where you point them in a rather uneventful manner. i bought wrens instead though. more fun.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Quote Originally Posted by Norseman View Post
    Those are ugly as fuck. Congrats. Dude let's ski this winter.
    I have tickets to the C&D club too - ready to rock out with ya’ll in WA this year.

damnnnn, chicken - i did not realize you went full unicorn. i should not have doubted your commitment. a secondary congrats-

Quote Originally Posted by SupreChicken View Post
    Is this the most glorious thing you could imagine?
    oh my - looks like you got the sweet clear nylon top sheets as well! Those look truly sensational.

MHSP1497's show and tell nearly got to me - i was soooo close to ordering a pair of stock 184 C&Ds - but decided against it at the last moment. I decided to give my refined / current quiver one more go before committing to something wider. Also, having never well and truly clicked with my BGs, I figured clicking with them 100% before getting what is basically a wider BG with more asym makes more sense than getting yet another pair of skis. Boring and sensible i know.

I have been really wanting some 2017 181 C&Ds, but luckily none are for sale. If one wants the old shape there are some 2017 asym versions for sale in gear swap for an absolute steal as well - just prob too long for my tiny self.

Quote Originally Posted by theetruscan View Post
    ranger 115s at least are pretty damp and comfortable in chop. best kind of boring ski. they just go where you point them in a rather uneventful manner. i bought wrens instead though. more fun.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

More fun how? Higher top speed? Just better at crud busting?

Sorry for all the questions, I found a pretty good deal on a set of Wren 98s and I'm on the verge of pulling the trigger

Quote Originally Posted by _Ryan_ View Post
    I found a pretty good deal on a set of Wren 98s and I'm on the verge of pulling the trigger
    pull away, you wont regret it

Can someone comment or link to reviews of the Jessie 108?

chick: those look sick! Hope you guys have tons of snow this season to test them out! Can't wait for a review vs 191 BG.
    "Alpine rock and steep, deep powder are what I seek, and I will always find solace there." - Bean Bowers

photos

Quote Originally Posted by SupreChicken View Post
    Is this the most glorious thing you could imagine? Next to Billy goats, the difference between stock and tour layup is obvious. Still handflex pretty stiff. Hoping they ski like 191s, just less sinkable.

Cease and desist. Best topsheet (and base) ever.

Bring on some deep days.
    Nice!!! I did, in fact, see these at the factory when I was there picking up my skis... just didn’t know/realize they were yours (they were in the finishing area along with a whole bunch of other skis). Agreed about the difference between stock and tour being obvious, but given the dimensions and intended use, they flexed stiffer than I expected.

Bring on the snow!!!

Quote Originally Posted by sf View Post
    Can someone comment or link to reviews of the Jessie 108?
    I will post my wife’s reviews/thoughts once she has a chance to ride hers this season (just bought them for her). Based on previous comments from Iggy and company, they ski similar to a K108, just softer.

Quote Originally Posted by PhiberAwptik View Post
    If you ever want to check ‘em out anyway, hit me up. I’ll be at Meadows a bit this year (bought a 10-pack), but mostly at T-Line since my wife works there and the skiing is... well, I won’t rub it in.

Quote Originally Posted by MHSP1497 View Post
    I will post my wife’s reviews/thoughts once she has a chance to ride hers this season (just bought them for her). Based on previous comments from Iggy and company, they ski similar to a K108, just softer.
    And with quite a bit more taper so more soft-snow specific -- kind of like a cross between the K116 and K108. Which can make sense for lighter folks who don't need as wide of a pow ski for the same level of float, especially since the K116 is made in a 176 and it makes sense to me that if you're too small to ski a 176, you're probably too light to really need something 116 underfoot. (Though the 163 Protest or 169 RX both seem like great options if you do!) Honestly, I want to get my mom on some 166 J108s as "pow ski" to complement her 161 Tychoons.
    Last edited by auvgeek; 09-21-2018 at 10:28 AM. Reason: grammar
    "Alpine rock and steep, deep powder are what I seek, and I will always find solace there." - Bean Bowers

photos

Quote Originally Posted by MHSP1497 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by auvgeek View Post
    And with quite a bit more taper so more soft-snow specific -- kind of like a cross between the K116 and K108. Which can make sense for lighter folks who don't need as wide of a pow ski for the same level of float, especially since the make the K116 is made in a 176 and it makes sense to me that if you're too small to ski a 176, you're probably too light to really need something 116 underfoot. (Though the 163 Protest or 169 RX both seem like great options if you do!) Honestly, I want to get my mom on some 166 J108s as "pow ski" to complement her 161 Tychoons.
    Ok, thanks. Yeah, it makes sense re width/weight. Can't seem to remember if a mount point has been mentioned in the thread. -5 or something like that, if it's similar to Kartels?

Quote Originally Posted by sf View Post
    Ok, thanks. Yeah, it makes sense re width/weight. Can't seem to remember if a mount point has been mentioned in the thread. -5 or something like that, if it's similar to Kartels?
    ON3P can answer for sure but I'd guess between -4 and -5 from center. I think the K108 is like -4.25. So pretty progressive mount with a fair amount of rocker = pretty jibby and fun. Hand fondled the J108 some, and the 17.18 version has a pretty round flex, especially in the tip and tail. Not like noodle soft, but not stiff by any means. (As usual, ON3P skis ramp up in flex as you flex them harder so the hand flex doesn't tell all.) More taper than I expected when I saw them in person. Personally, I think the J108 makes sense for really light folks (women, kids, etc) who want a pretty playful pow ski at a manageable width; otherwise, ON3P makes other skis that make more sense for hard chargers: 174 W96, 171 K108, 176 K116 etc. Of course, Scott can chime in here and tell me how wrong I am.

Shameless plug: we're about to get rid of some 171 Dakotas (women's Cochise) if your girl wants something with a traditional mount that charges a bit harder than the J108 but still pivots on a dime. PM if interested.

photos

Thanks, but as I'm in Norway I don't think that's going to work out :-)
    Looking around for something ~105 for all-round resort duty, but probably with a somewhat more traditional mount than the Jessies. She's on some old BC Navis now, probably -9 or 10.