Page 510 of 598 FirstFirst ... 505 506 507 508 509 510 511 512 513 514 515 ... LastLast
Results 12,726 to 12,750 of 14947
    Quote Originally Posted by tuco View Post
    You can hide the Caylors @ my house
    Haha. Love it. My house can officially be an ON3P dmz as well.

Reopening the case here, anyone ski the 192 BG118s this season and love them, couldn't get enough?

Heard perhaps a bit of a balancing act between the shovel flex and more present tail but that's all I've got, save for everything this thread has offered.

Anyone consider rec mount point to be suboptimal or if there's anything else to consider?

How about the 192 110s?

Summer thoughts...

Sent from my Pixel 6 using Tapatalk

PSA $100 184 BGs with FKS 18 in Missoula

Quote Originally Posted by PeachesNCream View Post
    PSA $100 184 BGs with FKS 18 in Missoula
    Sent an email about shipping. Any local mags willing to facilitate if seller won't ship?

I have a serious infatuation with that point break graphic

ON3P SKIS Discussion

Quote Originally Posted by motogreg View Post
    I have a serious infatuation with that point break graphic
    They have a way of slowly reeling you in, you almost forget you’re on the line and getting off is a battle of will.
    Uno mas

Quote Originally Posted by bry;
    Reopening the case here, anyone ski the 192 BG118s this season and love them, couldn't get enough?

Heard perhaps a bit of a balancing act between the shovel flex and more present tail but that's all I've got, save for everything this thread has offered.

Anyone consider rec mount point to be suboptimal or if there's anything else to consider?

How about the 192 110s?
    I have about 4 days on 192 BG118’s and 3 on 187 BG110’s. The 192’s crush variable. (Way more planted than the 187 110’s.) They also float like crazy for deep days. They feel a bit long in trees and bumps. Still easy to pivot … way easier than I ever expected. What I noticed most was if I was slarving and the tips hit a pocket of snow I would get knocked around a bit. I generally like skis with not much side cut and get a similar feeling with longer skis with lots of side cut. In this case I think it was just the length. I think 187 would be a better length for me but also was toying with the idea of moving the mount forward. (The 187 110’s are perfect.) Also though the tails felt great. It actually just felt right and I never really thought about it. I like a supportive tail and felt like I got that support when I got backseat but it was still really easy to release.

I’m actually thinking of selling the 118’s and 110’s (too much overlap with the BG118 and Wren110) and getting a 187 BG118.
    Last edited by SkiJitsu; 07-06-2022 at 12:34 AM.

Thanks man I appreciate it!

Quote Originally Posted by bry View Post

You considering grabbing stock, or going custom stiffer? Living vicariously, at least for now

How about the 192 110s?

Summer thoughts...

I've got about two days on my 192 BG118s, the only relevant one being a late season powder day at Mammoth. I dont have enough time on them yet to draw any clear conclusions, but got one untouched lap on both Hemlocks and The Tail, and they seem to pivot and turn really nicely despite them being an ON3P 192 (which is like a 194). I was worried at that length they were going to want to track straight down the fall line, but that RES makes them easy to get across the fall line which is good. Skied some tracked out 3D soft chop on Paranoids, and they were very composed, not hooky, and tracked really well. "The hype is real"

The new flatter tail wants to bite on groomers and go STRAIGHT, kind of 1 dimensional and make take some getting used to, but is fine. I think for next season Im going to a full light detune, and detune heavily the tips and tails past the contact points a couple inches. I feel like it will make the ski bite less and be more manageable in the longer length.

Ah great context thank you for sharing!

Quote Originally Posted by Sylvan View Post
    You considering grabbing stock, or going custom stiffer? Living vicariously, at least for now
    I picked up a stock pair last year. Just never mounted up given quiver bloat and it hadn't snowed much.

I picked up a stock pair last year. Just never mounted up given quiver bloat and it hadn't snowed much.

Makes sense man! The flatter tail is interesting for a place like WB, or I imagine Mammoth. Good luck with the decisions.

BGT110 folks: I'm battling hooky, difficult to engage tips unlike anything I've encountered on other skis including woods108 and RES goats. Ski neutral and they don't engage, get on them and they hook up especially in untracked. I'd detune but I'm having a hard enough time engaging them as is. Thinking of moving my mount forward +1. Anybody else do this?

ON3P SKIS Discussion

You might want to check the base bevel before doing anything permanent

Quote Originally Posted by Huskydoc View Post
    BGT110 folks: I'm battling hooky, difficult to engage tips unlike anything I've encountered on other skis including woods108 and RES goats. Ski neutral and they don't engage, get on them and they hook up especially in untracked. I'd detune but I'm having a hard enough time engaging them as is. Thinking of moving my mount forward +1. Anybody else do this?
    My BG118 had the same issue, and the edges weren't finished properly. Tune the edges with the proper bevel and you will be good.

Quote Originally Posted by Huskydoc;[URL="tel:6650019"
    6650019[/URL]]BGT110 folks: I'm battling hooky, difficult to engage tips unlike anything I've encountered on other skis including woods108 and RES goats. Ski neutral and they don't engage, get on them and they hook up especially in untracked. I'd detune but I'm having a hard enough time engaging them as is. Thinking of moving my mount forward +1. Anybody else do this?
    Not on my BG110, but had a similar issue on an old pair of Wren 108. Just doing the edges helped but wasn’t enough in my case. Did a full tune (base grind and edges) and detuned the hell out of the edges ahead of the contract point and even a few passes the length of the ski that fixed issue.

Quote Originally Posted by jdadour View Post
    My BG118 had the same issue, and the edges weren't finished properly. Tune the edges with the proper bevel and you will be good.

Yup. I had the same issue on two pairs last season, super hooky out of the wrapper. I set the base/side to 1/1 and all was good after that...

Anybody here think that Billy Goats 187cm in a stock layup will be too much for tight spaces?

Not at all. They are fantastic in tight spaces.

Quote Originally Posted by Brasso View Post
    Not at all. They are fantastic in tight spaces.
    Sweet. After digging into this thread a bit more my custom order is going from the cart onto my billing statement!

Found a pair of used 2013 186 BGs. Looks like that year had RES but not ASYM. Any thoughts on how the 2013 version would compare to the previous gen (RES, ASYM) or current Goats? I've skied the ASYM 184 and liked it but would prefer a little extra length for carrying more speed. Worth picking up if price is right?

12/13 and 13/14 are primo, def still relevant and some might call them the best

What specifically made them primo?

Quote Originally Posted by KM14 View Post
    Found a pair of used 2013 186 BGs. Looks like that year had RES but not ASYM. Any thoughts on how the 2013 version would compare to the previous gen (RES, ASYM) or current Goats? I've skied the ASYM 184 and liked it but would prefer a little extra length for carrying more speed. Worth picking up if price is right?
    If you decide you don't want them, let me know. I would likely want them unless they are outrageous.