Page 435 of 599 FirstFirst ... 430 431 432 433 434 435 436 437 438 439 440 ... LastLast
Results 10,851 to 10,875 of 14972
    Holy smokes...

Beautiful

Bg 110t sounds interesting!

FYI... Things are starting to trickle into the custom builder
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Capture.JPG 
Views:	200 
Size:	67.7 KB 
ID:	379361

Quote Originally Posted by beeeom View Post
    FYI... Things are starting to trickle into the custom builder

Name:	Capture.JPG 
Views:	200 
Size:	67.7 KB 
ID:	379361
    The throwback Wrenegade graphics look amazing.

Quote Originally Posted by adrenalated View Post
    Wrenegade Pro, specifically.
    Unless you like old school perfectly flat tails, the Wren Pro does not have too much tail rocker for you.
    +1 on the Wrenegade Pros

My Volkl Mantra 102, BlueHouse Tight Shoots (110) and Blizzard Spur (125) haven't seen a day on the hill since I got the Wren Pro. The only time I really consider another ski is if it's super icy (and then bring out the Brahma 88) but the Wren Pro does everything! Had it over 60 mph on pretty crappy snow and it's rock solid, goes everywhere in all kinds of conditions and is actually fairly easy to ski.
    Last edited by SkiJitsu; 07-13-2021 at 03:20 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by SkiJitsu View Post
    +1 on the Wrenegade Pros

My Volkl Mantra 102, BlueHouse Tight Shoots (110) and Blizzard Spur (125) haven't seen a day on the hill since I got the Wren Pro. The only time I really consider another ski is if it's super icy (and then bring out the Brahma 88) but the Wren Pro does everything! Had it over 60 mph on pretty crappy snow and it's rock solid, goes everywhere in all kinds of conditions and is actually fairly easy to ski.
    This sounds right! Not surprised at all. Enjoy.
    Uno mas

Has anyone tried a tour layup ski, but with a stiffer flex pattern, or stiffer front ski? I am assuming that the flex would end up being somewhat similar to the stock layup with tour+stiffer, but could be mistaken.

The design goal would be a light ski that still is fairly supportive - think Armade Whitewalker - or a bit more jibby/forgiving - think Armada ARV JJ UL, just a bit more directional by being based on a Wood116. It just seems like an awesome quiver ski

I mean.. let’s go already. Drop it - like its hot Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_7899.JPG 
Views:	221 
Size:	227.9 KB 
ID:	379516

Quote Originally Posted by CascadeLuke View Post
    I mean.. let’s go already. Drop it - like its hot
    Not one for foreplay, eh?

Quote Originally Posted by adrenalated View Post
    Not one for foreplay, eh?
    Should’ve added a smiley but between the teasers on BG a the new Tundra> I’m ready for the event.
    Iggy I’d be stoked to hear about what adjustments were made and how you feel the ski is improved. TIA

Is ON3P planning a “back to school” or “fall preview” event? Maybe these are all 2023 teasers with no new skis actually planned for next year.
    In constant pursuit of the perfect slarve...

Quote Originally Posted by CascadeLuke View Post
    I mean.. let’s go already. Drop it - like its hot Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_7899.JPG 
Views:	221 
Size:	227.9 KB 
ID:	379516
    I want one of those T Shirts.

Quote Originally Posted by EWG View Post
    Oh shit great catch - I was only focused on the top sheet and did not notice the T…. Count me in for 1 and I am sure a pair of new skis…

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Yes, first thing I saw was well lol.

Sent from my PH-1 using Tapatalk

Iggy, are you going to do a podcast w blister this year?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by kid-kapow View Post
    To be honest, I am a bit unsure just what it is you hope to get out of your post, but I'll try to answer it regardless.

Just try a pair before over-thinking whether the tail rocker lines are too deep or if they have too much splay - especially in 108mm and up side of their lineup. ON3P skis are made to be used off piste in softer snow, are usually fairly stout underfoot to be stable/supportive together with deep rocker lines with a fair bit of splay to be loose. The design philosophy works really, really well for soft snow use. ON3P's rocker lines and splay numbers are also in line with a lot of other skis designed to thrive in snow rich environments, so I wouldn't sweat it. If you want longer effective edge then consider sizing up.

I would think that multiple ON3P models would be fairly spectacular skis for Japan or other spots that get a fair bit of snow, even if there are other designs out there that are stronger on-piste / ice slayers. It could be that reverse camber skis are even better/looser in snow that is that light and dry, but it would be a big surprise if RES skis are found wanting over yonder.

I've had both Ravens, Hojis and SGN Togga Carbons (their take on Renegade ish ski), and have found BG108tours, BGs and C&Ds to outperform said skis for most soft snow uses (the worst hard snow ski is the Togga by a mile). No, I am not saying that the ON3Ps are better skis, but they are better for me and how I ski

And ON3Ps sure are pretty and well built too
    Yo. I’m not really looking to accomplish anything. Not trying to stir the pot. Just trying to iterate why I haven’t pulled the trigger on a Billy Goat yet.

I ski a ‘14 Renegade (Owl) in Japan’s forests. It’s amazing. I read a lot about the Billy Goat on here and it’s super intriguing. RES in general is super intriguing.

But the tail rocker looks like it will be a wheelie machine. If I never ski fakie I just can’t see the benefit of more than the minimal rocker necessary to make a tail releasable.

I was also bummed out when 4FRNT added more rocker to the Renegade.

ON3P should steal 4FRNT’s tour-lock and really give me another reason to buy a BG instead of a Hoji for my BC ski. Because I have a hunch the BG is better in variable than a Hoji.

It's not a wheelie machine at all. Both release and support are just right. The skis are not soft.

Totally not a wheelie machine.

Quote Originally Posted by gaijin View Post
    Yo. I’m not really looking to accomplish anything. Not trying to stir the pot. Just trying to iterate why I haven’t pulled the trigger on a Billy Goat yet.

I ski a ‘14 Renegade (Owl) in Japan’s forests. It’s amazing. I read a lot about the Billy Goat on here and it’s super intriguing. RES in general is super intriguing.

But the tail rocker looks like it will be a wheelie machine. If I never ski fakie I just can’t see the benefit of more than the minimal rocker necessary to make a tail releasable.

ON3P should steal 4FRNT’s tour-lock and really give me another reason to buy a BG instead of a Hoji for my BC ski. Because I have a hunch the BG is better in variable than a Hoji.
    I’ve had flat tail and have several rockered ON3P skis and none of them are wheelie machines because I keep my shins in the front of my boots. If you’re a tail gunner then maybe you’ll have different results.

There’s a reason 4frnt added tail rocker to the ren and it’s not only to aid in skiing backwards. Loosen up Francis

ON3P SKIS Discussion

For me it’s the opposite. the reason I’m hesitant to pull the trigger on billy goats is that I’m worried they won’t have enough tail rocker. I’ve had a hard time adapting to the locked in feeling of the tail on my woodsmans and the BG doesn’t seem to have much more splay or rocker length. For me the rocker on Volkl revolt 121s is spot on. Anyone had a chance to compare a BG with a revolt and want to convince me to add some goats to the quiver?

The BG tail is absolutely not locked in. Shape also plays a major role in a tails ability to get loose, or not.

Quote Originally Posted by floatnotsink View Post
    For me it’s the opposite. the reason I’m hesitant to pull the trigger on billy goats is that I’m worried they won’t have enough tail rocker. I’ve had a hard time adapting to the locked in feeling of the tail on my woodsmans and the BG doesn’t seem to have much more splay or rocker length. For me the rocker on Volkl revolt 121s is spot on. Anyone had a chance to compare a BG with a revolt and want to convince me to add some goats to the quiver?
    Stick with the Revolt. It’s probably a better ski. Billy Goats don’t hold a candle in deep snow. Especially the dense stuff.
    In constant pursuit of the perfect slarve...

Quote Originally Posted by Bandit Man View Post
    Is ON3P planning a “back to school” or “fall preview” event? Maybe these are all 2023 teasers with no new skis actually planned for next year.
    Naw we're just in fuck it, do it live mode again. Supplies chain and Adobe are bleeding my soul right now (can't even to put into words my Adobe frustration right now - pretty soon we're just gonna fingerpaint all the graphics), but almost ready to go. Will drop a lot more details in here in a day or two. Custom sale about to go and we have a ton of skis ready to ship.

Just to temper timeline, I taking as much time as I can on graphic and as such am still working on Jeffrey, Jessie, and Mera graphics. We'll release those as I'm done and they start going to production in early August.

Overall, though, having fun being a bit loud this year. Even on the more tame graphics...

Name:	WD102Tour.jpg 
Views:	146 
Size:	2.18 MB 
ID:	379621

Name:	WD110Tour.jpg 
Views:	152 
Size:	2.22 MB 
ID:	379623

Name:	BG110Tour.jpg 
Views:	151 
Size:	2.62 MB 
ID:	379624

Name:	BG118Tour.jpg 
Views:	150 
Size:	1,012.8 KB 
ID:	379625

Name:	Screen Shot 2021-07-15 at 10.23.46 PM.jpg 
Views:	159 
Size:	1.00 MB 
ID:	379622

Oh and hope you enjoy the name of the true, all white topsheet we put on a bunch of ready-to-ship tour skis with red sidewalls (so there is *some* ability to find it under snow). Touring Gram Reducing topsheets are the best.

Quote Originally Posted by Undertow View Post
    Oh shit great catch - I was only focused on the top sheet and did not notice the T…. Count me in for 1 and I am sure a pair of new skis…
    These were dropped in 2018 or 2019. Guess might need to order a few more...

But the tail rocker looks like it will be a wheelie machine.
    It isn't. Not gonna deep dive, but if that is the hangup I would put it out of your mind. Hojis are good skis though, and quite different, so enough differences on the conceptual end to figure out right one for you. Suspect balance alone will determine this.

Quote Originally Posted by floatnotsink View Post
    New Woodsman likely solved this as we redesigned the core profile - one aspect of which was making the tail flex much more progressive - a change that is much more in line with the BG/Wren profiles. So wouldn't tie that issue to rocker but flex and balance. BG tails are plenty mobile when you need them to be.

Quote Originally Posted by kid-kapow View Post
    Has anyone tried a tour layup ski, but with a stiffer flex pattern, or stiffer front ski? I am assuming that the flex would end up being somewhat similar to the stock layup with tour+stiffer, but could be mistaken.

The design goal would be a light ski that still is fairly supportive - think Armade Whitewalker - or a bit more jibby/forgiving - think Armada ARV JJ UL, just a bit more directional by being based on a Wood116. It just seems like an awesome quiver ski
    IMO just go 50/50. The stability/durability vs weight savings is well balanced - it has enough weight that the ski does work for you - and frankly still skis hard - but the weight savings are noticible. We have employees now only going 50/50 on their skis.
    Last edited by iggyskier; 07-16-2021 at 01:22 AM.
    Seriously, this can’t turn into yet another ON3P thread....

Oh man, those PDX carpet top sheets!!!

What's the reasoning behind going with +2 mm width and 182/187/192 lengths on the entire lineup?