Page 415 of 599 FirstFirst ... 410 411 412 413 414 415 416 417 418 419 420 ... LastLast
Results 10,351 to 10,375 of 14969
    Quote Originally Posted by peglegger View Post
    Looking to sell a minty pair of 184cm Wren108s pressed this winter or possibly trade for the softer 17/18 iteration.
    I can’t believe these are still around.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Quote Originally Posted by Tahoepa View Post
    I can’t believe these are still around.

I can. All the big dick chargers who only ski the straightest, stiffest rockets don't actually.
    Training for Alpental

ON3P SKIS Discussion

I am surprised by all the comments around the Wren 108 and how demanding it is... Pre-COVID and when I was traveling for work my 108s were/are my best travel one ski quiver... No it is not the easiest of going skis but it sure as hell wasn’t over demanding and ball busting ski... Sure it’s not great in tight trees or hard deep bumps but everywhere else they are killer... The rocker profile made them great in POW and def took care of 3D snow... They were no problem on the groomed and could still be thrown sideways again because of the profile...

anyone who has skied Snowbowl Missoula knows its mostly tight trees and hard deep bumps. thats probably why im letting them go. My home hill. Love em at other resorts with more open terrain.

anyone who has skied Snowbowl Missoula knows its mostly tight trees and hard deep bumps. thats probably why im letting them go. My home hill. Love em at other resorts with more open terrain.
    pegleg, my comments were not directed to you as to your reason for selling... I have just noticed several comments over the past couple of months talking about what a beast the Wren is - I own both the 98 and 108 and both are two skis that will not leave my quiver... And to your comments I completely agree that the Wrens would not be my choice for tight spaces and bumps... Any where else - game on...

Alright you ON3People. I'm trying to find a new middle ski in my quiver. On the ends I have 186cm Line Supernatural 96s and 186cm Line Mordecai 114s. Supernaturals are built to crank big turns, Mordecais are center mounted, center stance playthings.

In the middle I'd like a ski between 100-110 that I can drive a bit but also play on - so something between the super centered Mordecai stance and the super forward Supernatural stance. I'm out west and for me it's mostly trees, chutes, bumps, steeps and tight spaces so I want something quick over something I can ski at 700 mph, but I still want to be able to lay it over and carve. Plus the supers will do 700 mph if I want that. Heh. I'd also like it to be predictable in the air.

So, a question. I've been drooling over ON3Ps for a few years. Is the ski I'm looking for the Jeffrey 108? Or is that too buttery and I want the woodsman 108? I think the Wrens sound like more of a rocket which I already have covered.

Quote Originally Posted by EWG View Post
    Alright you ON3People. I'm trying to find a new middle ski in my quiver. On the ends I have 186cm Line Supernatural 96s and 186cm Line Mordecai 114s. Supernaturals are built to crank big turns, Mordecais are center mounted, center stance playthings.

In the middle I'd like a ski between 100-110 that I can drive a bit but also play on - so something between the super centered Mordecai stance and the super forward Supernatural stance. I'm out west and for me it's mostly trees, chutes, bumps, steeps and tight spaces so I want something quick over something I can ski at 700 mph, but I still want to be able to lay it over and carve. Plus the supers will do 700 mph if I want that. Heh. I'd also like it to be predictable in the air.

So, a question. I've been drooling over ON3Ps for a few years. Is the ski I'm looking for the Jeffrey 108? Or is that too buttery and I want the woodsman 108? I think the Wrens sound like more of a rocket which I already have covered.
    I haven't skied the woodsman but I think the jeffery would be great fit. I wouldn't call the J108 particularly buttery. It's got a good amount of backbone and I find myself grabbing it most everyday and my other skis get less and less use. I'd imagine the Jeffery is going to do better in tight spaces because it has more splay but once again haven't skied the woodsman. If you want more playful, go Jeffery, if you want more ability to carve, go woodsman.

Quote Originally Posted by Undertow View Post
    I am surprised by all the comments around the Wren 108 and how demanding it is... Pre-COVID and when I was traveling for work my 108s were/are my best travel one ski quiver... No it is not the easiest of going skis but it sure as hell wasn’t over demanding and ball busting ski... Sure it’s not great in tight trees or hard deep bumps but everywhere else they are killer... The rocker profile made them great in POW and def took care of 3D snow... They were no problem on the groomed and could still be thrown sideways again because of the profile...

Echo this. I love mine all over but ski terrain that allows em to run on routine occasion. They def work for the bigger skier. I was looking for a replacement to my first year Cochise 193’s and I felt like Wrens were not as punishing in the tail as those. I’m a huge fan as I grow older and want something I can push on but doesn’t punish......I love my 108’s and 112’s.

pegleg, my comments were not directed to you as to your reason for selling... I have just noticed several comments over the past couple of months talking about what a beast the Wren is - I own both the 98 and 108 and both are two skis that will not leave my quiver... And to your comments I completely agree that the Wrens would not be my choice for tight spaces and bumps... Any where else - game on...

Totally. In the directional charger category I think they are definitely one of the easiest going and loosest. But still work for me to bend into lots of tight turns. Im only 150# too. Anyone holding the 17/18s?

I thank you for your comments. I thought the 98s were a ton of fun except in deep, tight hard bumps where they kicked my ass. I might learn how to handle them in those places, but will likely just avoid. Not that I really want to ski tight and hard bites.

I actually found them not bad in tight (west coast) low angle trees with mixed crap snow and low tide zones, because they gripped so well. They hop turned nicely in variable steeps.

In anything moderately open or moderately smooth, they were a ton of fun. Less fun than my OG, but way easier to ski all day on firm snow rolling over 15mm less. And really not hard to ski.

I do think they might be a bit less forgiving than my OG Wren if you do fall in the backseat. But just stay up front or on center and you are good to go.

ON3P SKIS Discussion

Totally. In the directional charger category I think they are definitely one of the easiest going and loosest. But still work for me to bend into lots of tight turns. Im only 150# too. Anyone holding the 17/18s?
    I’m still interested in your new ones. How much stiffer are these years version? Had a 17’ Wren and was great in the soft snow when it wasn’t enough for BGs. Unfortunately, I felt like I was about to run out of money in Spain and let them go.

So how much?
    Last edited by the_flying_v; 02-22-2021 at 08:00 PM.

^^
    I used to ski the 16/17 Wren108 in 179cm (same ski as your 17/18s though Im pretty sure you had 184s so bit apples to oranges). Never felt overworked on the 179s even in tight trees and steep bumps. Just eventually wanted a longer ski. The combination of longer and stiffer however proved a bit much for me hence my search for the softer 184s. Not sure if that helps with your question. Powtron could probably offer better insight or anyone else who has been on both iterations of the ski.

If anyone has the kartel or Jeffery 116 in 186 or 191 let me know! Would grab them from ya

Anybody fondled a woodsman 108 tour? How much softer is it compared to the woodsman?
    "Alpine rock and steep, deep powder are what I seek, and I will always find solace there." - Bean Bowers

photos

Holding a 17/18 Wren108/189.

It took a while to acclimate but they grew on me in a big way. Work everywhere in everything except slow playful time.

Stuck in the East, they just don’t get to come out to play.

Would have really liked to nab the tweaked side-cut 18/19 W96 with the Ti layer in 184? for more EC fun time… didn’t.

Originally wanted them (Wren) to be my 1 ski traveler but, have come to the conclusion that a WD108/189 would probably fit that bill better.

Maybe 12 days – minty – dildo’s @ 317 on the line.

Open to swap for W96ti or WD102/108 – flat or with.
    ​I am not in your hurry

Quote Originally Posted by EWG View Post

IMO You're exactly describing the Woodsman 108. I've owned the the K108 and W108, and the Woodsman hits a perfect sweet spot (at least for me and my skiing). It does everything I want it to do. Like you I have a direction low tide ski (Rossi E88) and a more freestyle powder ski (Volkl One). I really can't say enough about about how good my Woodsman's are at everything in between.

Quote Originally Posted by Sessiøn View Post
    I can. All the big dick chargers who only ski the straightest, stiffest rockets don't actually.
    We’re all skiing the man size.

Quote Originally Posted by on3pbg View Post
    If anyone has the kartel or Jeffery 116 in 186 or 191 let me know! Would grab them from ya

I have a pristine pair of 186cm Kartel 116s. One mount, Marker Jesters on the line for 315mm. I installed marker demo plates to avoid adding a mount. I think they have only seen a few days on the snow. Asking $350 flat, plus ship from 97213. I might be able to include the demo bindings for an extra $50 if you’re interested, but would have to check first and make sure I still have another set I can swap around to other skis. PM me if you’re interested.

Quote Originally Posted by auvgeek View Post
    Anybody fondled a woodsman 108 tour? How much softer is it compared to the woodsman?
    I have stock and a friend has the tours, and it’s a little rounder flexing. Super fun ski, I’m wanting a pair just cause they’re the beans and quick.

ON3P is having a factory custom ski sale right now. Tons of skis available and even an elusive 193cm BG with stiff layup...........someone will be crying of joy soon. Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0917.JPG 
Views:	139 
Size:	452.2 KB 
ID:	364629

Quote Originally Posted by lucknau View Post
    I have a pristine pair of 186cm Kartel 116s. One mount, Marker Jesters on the line for 315mm. I installed marker demo plates to avoid adding a mount. I think they have only seen a few days on the snow. Asking $350 flat, plus ship from 97213. I might be able to include the demo bindings for an extra $50 if you’re interested, but would have to check first and make sure I still have another set I can swap around to other skis. PM me if you’re interested.

Thanks for the offer but ON3P had a 191 Jeffery available for me online! Thanks tho

Quote Originally Posted by on3pbg View Post
    ON3P is having a factory custom ski sale right now. Tons of skis available and even an elusive 193cm BG with stiff layup...........someone will be crying of joy soon. Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0917.JPG 
Views:	139 
Size:	452.2 KB 
ID:	364629

I believe those would be Supergoats.....somebody is gonna score for that meat.

Dude, those are absolute sex!! Fuck! Hope someone with chops ends up with them and skis them like they deserve!

Someone DO IT!! SG’s will urge you to send EVERYTHING!

I submit my photo evidence. Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_3592.JPG 
Views:	184 
Size:	1.11 MB 
ID:	364646