Page 463 of 594 FirstFirst ... 458 459 460 461 462 463 464 465 466 467 468 ... LastLast
Results 11,551 to 11,575 of 14839
    Quote Originally Posted by tuco View Post
    The ski was already developed as a comp ski.
    Just noticed Dennis Risvoll's original FWT SGs on finn.no ("Norwegian craigslist") a few days ago:

Name:  SG.png
Views: 1268
Size:  356.6 KB

They've seen some action
    https://www.nrk.no/innlandet/se-skre...oll-1.13487159

Quote Originally Posted by kid-kapow View Post
    I know.

The whole chain of events has been documented in this thread, the past ON3P thread and the SG thread, of which I have read every word. He was even called out for his behavior (said hissyfit) at the time if my memory serves me right, but if we want to be selective in how we remember it in light of the ban - fine, it is not a debate worth having.

I have no idea why the ban was enforced this time around after the self imposed "ban" a while back, and I will miss AEV's insights. Hopefully he'll be back sooner rather than later, though if frequenting this forum less facilitates less aggressive quiver building on his part in the short run then I have the feeling that it might end up being a net positive for him before the eventual triumphant return.
    Hahaha. Misquote on my part. I was replying to SumJongGuy, who has since deleted his post. Apologies!

No selective memory here on the chain of events tho

hehe, no worries.

The introduction of the SG was and is awesomeness though. I can't wait to try the new SG inspired BGs. I think that they will be absolutely awesome. Yes, radical piece of foresight there I know assuming that BGs will be good

and man, I am eagerly awaiting the unveiling of the new jeff and mango graphics. Any day now right Iggy?
    Last edited by kid-kapow; 09-29-2021 at 12:48 PM.

Stock layup bg110

I just saw on3p is offering a stock layup bg110 that you can buy without going custom, has anyone ridden a pair? Very intrigued as it's a super straight ski, wondering how strong the stock layup is...

Quote Originally Posted by augenvondiewelt View Post
    I just saw on3p is offering a stock layup bg110 that you can buy without going custom, has anyone ridden a pair? Very intrigued as it's a super straight ski, wondering how strong the stock layup is...
    As much as I love Billy Goats, I’m not sure a BG110 would be my top choice. The BG is a powder-specific shape, and I understand why people like the BG110 Tour to save a bit of weight in the BC while retaining good float. However, for inbounds, I’m using BGs on powder days (or deep crud), where a wider ski with more overall mass is helpful.

One use case I could see for a BG110 is if wider skis are hard on your knees and you ski somewhere where pow days tend to not be that deep, but I personally prefer a ski in the ~110mm waist width to have better firm snow performance than a BG110 is going to provide. There’s a reason the standard stock line switches to a Woodsman in the 110 width.

I ran a pair of BG108tours for the tail end of last season and decided to replace them for a pair of BG110 in the stock layup for this coming season.

I absolutely loved the 108s in low tide and slush conditions, mainly used off tze groomers. As such I figured the same shape in a stiffer / heavier / damper layup would be even better. I debated going 50/50 too as the regular tour core skis really, really well, but in the end I wanted max weight to bust through stuff and max robustness for smashing into stuff.

Also, one kinda pivots more than ride the sidecut on these, so the geo of the shape is not really an issue in spite of being on the narrower side for a pow / soft snow specific shape imho. They ski really well. I also found that the narrower shape wanted a more forward stance than how I had been skiing my BGs and C&Ds, which was a pleasant surprise.

It was not all positive though. I preferred wood108tours to BG108tours in deeper mid-winter snow - they just felt more intuitive and more in tune with how I like to ski. It will be interesting to try the new stock layup BG110s back to back with Wood110s though as it could def be that I skied the BG108s wrong (wrong balance) the first times I was on them.

All in all BG108tours are probably the most fun I've had on a pair of skis riding slush, so I can't wait to try (nearly) the same ski, but with more weight and damp ride feel for lower tide, variable days.

I kinda have the feeling that they've produced a few stock layup versions after seeing that they are ordered in stock layup through customs, and then getting in a bigger production run in one fell sweep.

Quote Originally Posted by Skeeze View Post
    There’s a reason the standard stock line switches to a Woodsman in the 110 width.
    yes, line up consolidation

Besides, as they've now made BG110 in stock layup a stocked ski, the 2022 Freeride line is arguably Wood102, Wood110, BG110 and BG118

Are you selling the BGTs?

I ran a pair of BG108tours for the tail end of last season and decided to replace them for a pair of BG110 in the stock layup for this coming season.

I absolutely loved the 108s in low tide and slush conditions, mainly used off tze groomers. As such I figured the same shape in a stiffer / heavier / damper layup would be even better. I debated going 50/50 too as the regular tour core skis really, really well, but in the end I wanted max weight to bust through stuff and max robustness for smashing into stuff.

Also, one kinda pivots more than ride the sidecut on these, so the geo of the shape is not really an issue in spite of being on the narrower side for a pow / soft snow specific shape imho. They ski really well. I also found that the narrower shape wanted a more forward stance than how I had been skiing my BGs and C&Ds, which was a pleasant surprise.

It was not all positive though. I preferred wood108tours to BG108tours in deeper mid-winter snow - they just felt more intuitive and more in tune with how I like to ski. It will be interesting to try the new stock layup BG110s back to back with Wood110s though as it could def be that I skied the BG108s wrong (wrong balance) the first times I was on them.

All in all BG108tours are probably the most fun I've had on a pair of skis riding slush, so I can't wait to try (nearly) the same ski, but with more weight and damp ride feel for lower tide, variable days.

I kinda have the feeling that they've produced a few stock layup versions after seeing that they are ordered in stock layup through customs, and then getting in a bigger production run in one fell sweep.

Besides, as they've now made BG110 in stock layup a stocked ski, the 2022 Freeride line is arguably Wood102, Wood110, BG110 and BG118

Quote Originally Posted by carlh View Post
    I am based in Norway. International shipping from here is not cheap, so it would be way cheaper to find a pair locally.

There is still a pair of brand new 20/21 BGT 184s for sale on the site though. Good deal at 599usd too

I am looking for 189s. should have bought the blems but trying to be cheap.

ah, yeah - the blem/sample deals were second to none for being brand new ON3P skis.

Iggy if you’re reading just consider this a friendly request to bring back those 60s rock style ON3P t shirts. Would love a couple of those puppies.

That is all. Carry on.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

anyone have pics of the duck camo... cant decide on those or the all black on my billygoats

Quote Originally Posted by mak View Post
    anyone have pics of the duck camo... cant decide on those or the all black on my billygoats
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Artboard 2-100.jpg 
Views:	130 
Size:	669.3 KB 
ID:	387782
    Seriously, this can’t turn into yet another ON3P thread....

Custom BG118's ORDERED!! AMPED!! Thanks to all the folks on this thread that helped with the decision. BRING ON THE SNOW!
    Last edited by WILLSKIFAST; 10-06-2021 at 11:13 AM.

nice

Any custom choices wrt topsheet or layup?

man, the duck camo looks so good.

Oh sure... NOW I learn that the BG has been updated, widened, with a reshape. Why must I be taunted with such greatness?

nice

Any custom choices wrt topsheet or layup?

man, the duck camo looks so good.
    Went simple and timeless.

Black topsheet, Green sidewalls. Stock/factory everything else.

duck camo looks really good but had to go with the classic all black too

Quote Originally Posted by Skeeze View Post
    As much as I love Billy Goats, I’m not sure a BG110 would be my top choice. The BG is a powder-specific shape, and I understand why people like the BG110 Tour to save a bit of weight in the BC while retaining good float. However, for inbounds, I’m using BGs on powder days (or deep crud), where a wider ski with more overall mass is helpful.

One use case I could see for a BG110 is if wider skis are hard on your knees and you ski somewhere where pow days tend to not be that deep, but I personally prefer a ski in the ~110mm waist width to have better firm snow performance than a BG110 is going to provide. There’s a reason the standard stock line switches to a Woodsman in the 110 width.
    I was a big fan of the OG Steeple 102 shape.

The RES is such a skinny ski meant you slithered rather than carved but I had no issues skiing steep, low tide conditions at Bridger on a demo day. It took about half a run to get used to. I always wished I had gotten a pair when I could.

Just snatched these Wren 108Ti in 184 up tonight (pictured on the right, next to Wren 108 in 189 on the left to compare).

Name:	OX417lC.jpg 
Views:	122 
Size:	408.1 KB 
ID:	388147

The seller said they were previously factory demos, but the topsheet has me thinking they might be protos of some sort on top of that. I'm happy to wait for iggy to chime in, or for someone else to edumacate me a bit!

The printed ski "specs" are keep-worthy imo.

Name:	Qt8kUr1.jpg 
Views:	150 
Size:	507.5 KB 
ID:	388146
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20211006_203131.jpg 
Views:	104 
Size:	1.05 MB 
ID:	388145  

Quote Originally Posted by WILLSKIFAST View Post
    Went simple and timeless.

Black topsheet, Green sidewalls. Stock/factory everything else.

Quote Originally Posted by mak View Post
    duck camo looks really good but had to go with the classic all black too
    Black fishbone for a touch of class - sound choices guys!

Quote Originally Posted by Brasso View Post
    Just snatched these Wren 108Ti in 184 up tonight (pictured on the right, next to Wren 108 in 189 on the left to compare).

The seller said they were previously factory demos, but the topsheet has me thinking they might be protos of some sort on top of that. I'm happy to wait for iggy to chime in, or for someone else to edumacate me a bit!

Oh my... that's a nice set there. And those topsheets are lulz. Love it!

The 189 Wrens look mega sekz with those STH clamps. Nice work.

Quote Originally Posted by Brasso View Post

Oh man, I saw those pop up and spent the entire morning debating myself about them. Ultimately decided to hold out for a Woodsman 108/110 but if I'd seen the specs on the sheet I probably wouldn't have been able to help myself. Nice catch!

Thanks dudes. The pair on the left used to be jackattack's. Yeah, I try to get topsheets and bindings to look good together. This purchase might scratch the itch for WD110 customs, but I don't think it will for long, despite my incredibly bloated 105-110mm quiver now. I am thinking that once I have some days to A/B these two pairs, one of them will find a new owner.