Page 315 of 594 FirstFirst ... 310 311 312 313 314 315 316 317 318 319 320 ... LastLast
Results 7,851 to 7,875 of 14839
    Quote Originally Posted by brundo View Post
    So what's the deal with that dude replying "Rx" to every thread. Doesn't sound like a miracle ski to me
    it can be for some people

So what's the deal with that dude replying "Rx" to every thread. Doesn't sound like a miracle ski to me
    He needs a strong tail to act as a rudder.

Quote Originally Posted by auvgeek View Post
    It's almost like Scott just made a long post/rant about how specs can be similar but totally different on snow for reasons specs like width and EE can't encapsulate.
    Yeah, I saw that post that the on3p guy made and I understand that sidecut shape is only a small piece of the pie when determining how a ski will ski. Since there are a lot of Praxis and on3p fans on the forums here I was curious on how the two skis compare. With the only info I could find on both skis, ie the shape, they looked a little similar so I was curious if they skied similar. Turns out they do not.

Get the Billy Goat!

Quote Originally Posted by tahoepa View Post
    Ha! Well enjoy mine my brutha! Good to know. Maybe I’ll nab a used pair for the fuck of it.
    Oh I will! For now they're serving as back up in case my current ones don't make it through a low tide Big Sky season

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by jackattack View Post
    Are the red lines in this image meant to be exaggerated depictions of the actual sidecut?

Yeah, I saw that post that the on3p guy made and I understand that sidecut shape is only a small piece of the pie when determining how a ski will ski. Since there are a lot of Praxis and on3p fans on the forums here I was curious on how the two skis compare. With the only info I could find on both skis, ie the shape, they looked a little similar so I was curious if they skied similar. Turns out they do not.
    Brundo, you are all good and you are correct when you compare the dimensions you would not think they ski that differently... The BG is a great ski and I have owned several versions of them but this is TGR and the BG is a unicorn to most... It is a really great POW ski that is an even better post POW day that kills the crud... Praxis makes a great ski and I also own several of them and can’t go wrong with several of their skis... Even though the RX has similar dimensions it is more of a traditional POW ski that is more locked in... The BG is looser and floatier and has a really good mix of charger and POW slasher... Never really locked in like the RX is... Just depends on what feel you are looking for..:

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

What is the recommended mount point for the new Cease and Desist? I keep reading that it is the same as the billygoat, and that the billygoat has a traditional directional mount, but whats that mean? -10cm? I'm sure it is in this thread somewhere but I can't find it. I wish ON3P would list the mount locations in the stats with lengths, sidecut, EE etc on their website, but I guess I understand not wanting to confuse the undereducated.

Look at the side of the ski... on the dimple/line thing.

Quote Originally Posted by SkiLyft View Post
    Look at the side of the ski... on the dimple/line thing.

I don't have the skis, otherwise it wouldn't be a question. I'm curious where that dimple is on the 189s in particular.

Why does it matter how far back the mount point is on the C&D? The ski has RES like the BG and ON3P got the recommended mount point right. Do people actually think about this stuff while skiing? Mount ‘em, ski ‘em, and smile the whole time...
    In constant pursuit of the perfect slarve...

If you don't ski on RES this year, you'll be one year older when you do.

I think he's curious because tele.

Just go on the website on a weekday and open a chat.

Quote Originally Posted by Bandit Man View Post
    Why does it matter how far back the mount point is on the C&D? The ski has RES like the BG and ON3P got the recommended mount point right. Do people actually think about this stuff while skiing? Mount ‘em, ski ‘em, and smile the whole time...
    Ding ding — they’re intuitive as fuck

BG shape on the 189: 143-116-126
    Rx shape on the 189: 141-116-128

If you saying the shapes are different, I'm assuming one has more taper and probably different camber/rocker shape. Sounds like BG > Rx. But I'm wondering if that's cause I'm posting in the on3p thread ha

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk
    Can you spell r-e-s?
    Galibier Design
    crafting technology in service of music

^^^ this ^^^
    Galibier Design

Quote Originally Posted by Ted Striker View Post
    I think he's curious because tele.

Just go on the website on a weekday and open a chat.
    Ahh thats a good idea. And yeah I'm a little more sensitive to mount point because of the whole tele thing. I will probably get them anyway, but just like to make informed decisions.

Quote Originally Posted by TeleBeaver View Post
    Ahh thats a good idea. And yeah I'm a little more sensitive to mount point because of the whole tele thing. I will probably get them anyway, but just like to make informed decisions.
    Blister lists the Wrenegade 189 at -10.25. My 189 BGs are about 0.5cm off the Wren108s so lets call it -9.75 back.

Check the thread I started earlier this week. It evolved into a Tele mounting point discussion.

https://www.tetongravity.com/forums/...d.php?t=332881

... Thom
    Galibier Design

My 184 BGs mount was like -9 and smidge when I measured. I wish they would list it too. Makes it easier to get an idea of the type of ski you're looking at. I also like to compare lengths and mount points to get an idea of how much ski I'll have in front of me.

ftw....

like to make informed decisions.
    posting in this thread = decision has been made....

I realize the ski has a proven design that everyone loves, and that the mount point is dialed and that if you ski RES your cock will grow a foot, but this is TGR tech talk, the land of examining the excruciating minutiae of every millimeter of every ski. Don't really understand the backlash. To be honest I expected one of you nerds to link a spreadsheet with all the ON3P recommended mount points going back to 2009..

I realize the ski has a proven design that everyone loves, and that the mount point is dialed and that if you ski RES your cock will grow a foot, but this is TGR tech talk, the land of examining the excruciating minutiae of every millimeter of every ski. Don't really understand the backlash. To be honest I expected one of you nerds to link a spreadsheet with all the ON3P recommended mount points going back to 2009..
    I was going to measure my 189 C&D’s tonight and share but I suppose you can get some other nerd to do it for you...or you can just contact the company, so we don’t have to do the work for you. <eye roll>
    In constant pursuit of the perfect slarve...

....if you ski RES your cock will grow a foot ....Don't really understand the backlash.
    Mine didn’t, maybe I did it wrong??? I probably did it wrong, but dammit it was fun anyway! You been around much you would know this ain’t backlash, just the conjugal attempt to get you to use your own bucket for simple intel. No need to get your feelers hurt bud, you got a couple good answers from what I gathered.
    Fear, Doubt, Disbelief, you have to let it all go. Free your mind!

If it has RES there is only one mount point. On the hash. The hash is marked by some ski factory nerd. All the nerds that tried to center mount their Billy Goats ended up selling them for scrap to wiser nerds who understand from experience, good or bad, that the hash is where it’s at. This applies for tele nerds, as well. One of my pair were previously owned by a tele guy, and he confirmed this fact. So there’s your sample of one. I don’t know/care where the hash is at... sorry.

If it’s not RES, the recommended line is still the recommended line, but you can nerd out on mount location a little and not get your ass handed to you. Convention gleaned from the previous 500 pages of posts in this thread is that for most (maybe all?) of the non-RES ON3P skis, going back 2cm is okay, but going forward at all is less okay.