Page 299 of 599 FirstFirst ... 294 295 296 297 298 299 300 301 302 303 304 ... LastLast
Results 7,451 to 7,475 of 14969
    EDIT: SOLD

psa 14/15 Billy Goat grizzlycorn in gear swap:

https://www.tetongravity.com/forums/...11#post5817211

Where full grown men pretend to be cowboys
    Quote Originally Posted by HAB View Post
    Mounting my own fuckin' skis. 2010 Wrens (thanks oftpiste!). Not seeing a bit size printed on them anywhere, I'm assuming 3.6x9.5 because no metal?
    Yes.

Quote Originally Posted by jdadour View Post
    My 17/18 190 Bibby tours (now Wildcat Tours) are coming in at stated weight of 1925 grams.

Scott: If you dont want to make touring skis, dont do it. No need to fold to pressure of TGR. You make amazing heavy skis, and in my mind, thats what differentiates ON3P from the rest.

No need to try to fit a square peg in a round hole.

When i want to go touring, i bust out my Bibby tours or Wildcat 108 tours. When i want to smash inbounds pow, i strap on my 196 Pillowfights.
    Like Supreme Leader has reiterated here, we aren't not working on it. We would be not working on it if we didn't want to.

Quote Originally Posted by CallMeAl View Post
    Like Supreme Leader has reiterated here, we aren't not working on it. We would be not working on it if we didn't want to.

Quote Originally Posted by galibier_numero_un View Post
    Seems like no reason to take this on, other than as a "research project", or perhaps as a hedge against changes in the market.

... Thom
    Quote Originally Posted by iggyskier View Post
    I don't think that is reading my statement how I intended, even though I gave a (vague but layered) reason in the response. Just that we're able to do this on our own timeline - a perk when the construction change involves something as vital as the core. I haven't held back my thoughts on some of the tour cores out there. I'm not interesting in putting out a ski where I share those same thoughts.

Like I said initially before we were off to the races, we're not not working on it. If/when we're there, we'll say so.
    Yeah, I got that "not, not working on it" comment, but I also know how these things go ... at least with my projects. I seem to find that my back burner projects continually get bumped back ... just about the time they surface for my attention. It's the nature of things, at least with me.

As far as my "research project" comment, in my experience, playing out "what-if" scenarios frequently has unintended consequences with attendant learning experiences (sometimes significant ones). My guess is that your curiosity will get the best of you ... sooner or later

You've clearly hit on a magic formula for burly skis, and as you said, there are quite a few popular skis doing the lighter weight thing, but with an approach that doesn't jive with your experiences and design sensibilities. With your production capacity being maxed (thankfully), I'd be pleasantly surprised if you came out with something within 18 months, but I'm prepared to be surprised ;-)

As @adrenalated said, how many people on this list will ultimately ante up if you were to release a light Steeple 8 months from now? 5? 10?

... Thom
    Galibier Design
    crafting technology in service of music

Quote Originally Posted by f=ma View Post
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	SorryAlex.jpg 
Views:	133 
Size:	2.12 MB 
ID:	303211
    Seriously, this can’t turn into yet another ON3P thread....

Quote Originally Posted by f=ma View Post
    Tonally accurate, to a T.

Both characters.

Quote Originally Posted by robnow View Post
    I agree that the original Steeple 108 is pretty much what I'm looking for but you tell me what other ski out there:
    - 190 length
    - one backcountry ski to handle most of the winter with a heavy bias toward soft conditions
    - surfy with a hookless design (RES-like)
    - relatively traditional mount point (more than let's say...-8?)
    - relatively straight sidecut
    - relatively flat, NOT full reverse camber
    - pintail helps for that soft snow bias
    - decent weight with a 400g MTN or similar

Admittedly I am intrigued by the flat cambered WNDR but that has a more progressive mount point of -6, I'm interested to hear more on it.
    I agree that the list of currently-available skis with these specs is pretty short/lacking. Prior Husume in the light build? I was more suggesting that the Steeple series might not need to be significantly changed from what it was to make quite a few people happy if it was made available again.
    It would be interesting to know total production numbers/effort required to manage production/sales/TGR bantering from Iggy's point of view. The skis obviously didn't achieve the correct balance or we'd probably still see them being offered. This doesn't mean they were a bad ski, just that they didn't hit a solid enough chunk of the market compared to other skis in the ON3P line. Lots of people who bought them like them/hang onto them.

Quote Originally Posted by Norseman View Post
    Thank you for the response.
    Is it winter yet?
    A-fuckin'-men!

Quote Originally Posted by Bean View Post
    Can someone price police me? I’m probably going to sell my 13/14 186 BGs, only used a small handful of days, mounted once for FKS14, almost-minty, pillow fight top sheets. With or without bindings. What should I expect?

Attachment 303109
    If skis and bindings are that minty and with that topsheet I would go $500 shipped all day long... That is a very sought after ski and someone would be getting a killer setup... 186s very rarely show up for sale and not everyone is a clydesdale...

Sent from my SM-G955U using TGR Forums mobile app

Thanks for the thoughts, going with Undertow's opinion to start. Public Spam Announcement, skis for sale:

https://www.tetongravity.com/forums/...ight-topsheets
    "High risers are for people with fused ankles, jongs and dudes who are too fat to see their dick or touch their toes.
    Prove me wrong."
    -I've seen black diamonds!

throughpolarizedeyes.com

Super interesting discussion on Gear30 today. Specifically on ski weights and Moments new semi-cap. Sounds like they are saving loads of weight using traditional laminate design and sidewall (just less UHMW in the design) per Luke this still gives great Edgehold. No numbers were mentioned on specific weight savings but really got me excited about an application on a tour goat or similar ski.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Wren 114

Looking for someone to help me price my Wren 114, 184cm. Used 3 days last year. Fun ski, but I’m looking for something with a bit more pop. I’m huge fan of maple and metal.
    Include Pivot 14s, or not.

Quote Originally Posted by SkiLyft View Post
    Super interesting discussion on Gear30 today. Specifically on ski weights and Moments new semi-cap. Sounds like they are saving loads of weight using traditional laminate design and sidewall (just less UHMW in the design) per Luke this still gives great Edgehold. No numbers were mentioned on specific weight savings but really got me excited about an application on a tour goat or similar ski.

IIRC it's gotten lighter by about 180g/ski in a 190 from the early days

I think $350 flat is a good price. $400 you might get from the right buyer. Add $150 for the binding.

Quote Originally Posted by QuackerBacker View Post
    Looking for someone to help me price my Wren 114, 184cm. Used 3 days last year. Fun ski, but I’m looking for something with a bit more pop. I’m huge fan of maple and metal.

ON3P SKIS Discussion

Price is complicated. Post them on gear swap for the # of $s you would exchange them for and see what happens.

People who post sales asking for offers are usually not trying to first hook anyone up. Instead trying to see if someone will pay more than they are hoping for which irks me for some reason. Not what I am accusing you of doing here btw sort of just venting.
    Uno mas

Quote Originally Posted by Doremite View Post
    Price is complicated. Post them on gear swap for the # of $s you would exchange them for and see what happens.

People who post sales asking for offers are usually not trying to first hook anyone up. Instead trying to see if someone will pay more than they are hoping for which irks me for some reason.
    Agree

Quote Originally Posted by Doremite View Post

People who post sales asking for offers are usually not trying to first hook anyone up. Instead trying to see if someone will pay more than they are hoping for which irks me for some reason. Not what I am accusing you of doing here btw sort of just venting.
    yup.

Since it's post #1 for seller .. my .02:
    In gear swap you can make a mag's day (or season) with a sweet deal on something they really want, and get a couple bucks toward what you really want (which you might find in gear swap for a sweet deal) - that's a rad thing man. I say post 'em up in GS for the very least amount you'd begrudgingly accept.
    </box of soap>

I get it, everyone wants the best deal possible, be it the seller, or the buyer.
    I want to get the most for my investment and mags want the best price.

Thanks for the help guys!

I would note they were discounted to $550 on the ON3P website at the end of the season and were not selling very quickly. Thats when I picked my pair.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by SkiLyft View Post
    I'd pump the brakes on this slightly - at least for our build. Even our thickest/longest sidewall only weights about 100g before it goes in a ski - at which point it loses something like 50% of its weight by the time it gets to the final product (I don't have exact number off top of my head, but it isn't a trivial amount). So, yes, as you thin the sidewall to account for a cap, you will be able to cut a bit of weight. But it wouldn't be enough to...say...make a previous Steeple layup light enough to be competitive.

The core is the ballgame. Everything else - in the big picture - is trivial.

One other note. The biggest driver in the move to a small semi cap for us wouldn't be weight, but labor. In terms of labor/ski, our topsheet sand/bevel process is the third most expensive part of the process (outside of basing & layup) and is very labor intensive. So, while there would be on effect on the skis weight, for us, the biggest benefit would come in terms of hours - which is the most valuable thing in production.

Quote Originally Posted by PNW-skier78 View Post
    I would note they were discounted to $550 on the ON3P website at the end of the season and were not selling very quickly. Thats when I picked my pair.
    I'd also note we'll likely never build them again, so if this is your ski, at least from us it won't be out again, sadly (it's a much better ski than the sales let on). Though we did keep the assets to build them on custom.

Oh and Black Friday deals are now live.
    Seriously, this can’t turn into yet another ON3P thread....

A LSD Steakhouse somewhere in the Wasatch
    whats goin on
    hearin rumors bout sumthins sumthin
    like you took my mount master bro
    and made the fng an edge master?
    6 seasons as a coworker and it aint the same w/out him
    your blessed hes as solid as they come for the tribe of ski bum
    fix his damn fax connection so I can tell him
    #sendsfbOn3pswag

oh and he'll mount for free he just loves it so much he doesn't even need to git paid
    "When the child was a child it waited patiently for the first snow and it still does"- Van "The Man" Morrison
    "I find I have already had my reward, in the doing of the thing" - Buzz Holmstrom
    "THIS IS WHAT WE DO"-AML -ski on in eternal peace
    "I have posted in here but haven't read it carefully with my trusty PoliAsshat antenna on."-DipshitDanno

I'd pump the brakes on this slightly - at least for our build. Even our thickest/longest sidewall only weights about 100g before it goes in a ski - at which point it loses something like 50% of its weight by the time it gets to the final product (I don't have exact number off top of my head, but it isn't a trivial amount). So, yes, as you thin the sidewall to account for a cap, you will be able to cut a bit of weight. But it wouldn't be enough to...say...make a previous Steeple layup light enough to be competitive.

One other note. The biggest driver in the move to a small semi cap for us wouldn't be weight, but labor. In terms of labor/ski, our topsheet sand/bevel process is the third most expensive part of the process (outside of basing & layup) and is very labor intensive. So, while there would be on effect on the skis weight, for us, the biggest benefit would come in terms of hours - which is the most valuable thing in production.

I'd also note we'll likely never build them again, so if this is your ski, at least from us it won't be out again, sadly (it's a much better ski than the sales let on). Though we did keep the assets to build them on custom.

Oh and Black Friday deals are now live.
    Thanks Iggy!
    I really liked this ski, but just not for me. Reminds me of the OG Gotamas, smooth, stable and powerful! Like I said earlier, I prefer maple and metal.

Who is all running cast/pivots this year? Experiences?
    Two more skip the last.

ON3P SKIS Discussion

Ahh thank you for giving better insight on ski production and the specific details on semi cap as to what you actually gain.

Hmm wonder if Moment made the switch in part to to labor savings and now is justifying it through weight savings and top sheet durability.

Wife skied her J108’s today for a quick couple human powered laps on the local hill today and is STOKED!! New top sheets shed snow VERY well!