Page 437 of 599 FirstFirst ... 432 433 434 435 436 437 438 439 440 441 442 ... LastLast
Results 10,901 to 10,925 of 14972
    Quote Originally Posted by Bandit Man View Post
    And there we have it. The totally expected “I’m a better skier” call-out.
    Oh shit, sorry man. I forgot the whole "he who owns the most skis, is the best skier," rule.

I'll take my lap now.

Quote Originally Posted by NW_SKIER View Post
    Oh shit, sorry man. I forgot the whole "he who owns the most skis, is the best skier," rule.

I'll take my lap now.
    I just have a different opinion, that’s all. Remember when the world used to allow for that?
    In constant pursuit of the perfect slarve...

This is TGR. You're wrong

And yet somewhat disappointing to those of us who ski dense coastal snowpack.
    Get off your tails then
    And there we have it. The totally expected “I’m a better skier” call-out.

I do agree that less rocker probably makes more sense on a BG110.

I also know that I’m not the only Seattle local who prefers the pre-asym tail profile…and I know most of those guys ski better than me.

But a change to the BG means sales for ON3P. I’m glad they are still in the game and producing skis to list over.

I'll take my lap now.
    I just have a different opinion, that’s all. Remember when the world used to allow for that?
    There's only one way to settle this... And that is a SKI OFF!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Kopi_Red View Post
    There's only one way to settle this... And that is a SKI OFF!!!
    I concede. I’m not core enough for a ski off.
    In constant pursuit of the perfect slarve...

Quote Originally Posted by SkiLyft View Post
    Ding ding, skied SG’s in plenty of heavy snow this past year. Never had an issue with the tails, lower rocker line only provided much better hard snow performance.

If you dig more rocker - keep your existing stable of goats.

Lower rocker on the 110 BG sounds like competition for the Mfree maybe?

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    Pffft, that snow was heavy Idaho Panhandle snow which is totally different from Cascade Concrete... Everybody knows this...

Add another W to my record.

Oh come on... Don't sell yourself short... Just grab your Super Goats, crank your DIN to 16 and figure eleven down the hill. The SGs will do all the work for you.

Hey, let's not let nutsackery overshadow the awesomeness of these updates. The new lengths are excellent IMO, and the graphics are sharp as hell. True tour cores and hybrids, too. Bravo, iggy and team. Great lineup.

192 BG 118 non-asym is in play!

Pffft, that snow was heavy Idaho Panhandle snow which is totally different from Cascade Concrete... Everybody knows this...
    Right, but I didn’t only ski the INW this past year hahah.

Oh come on... Don't sell yourself short... Just grab your Super Goats, crank your DIN to 16 and figure eleven down the hill. The SGs will do all the work for you.
    Just fakin stand on em and point em down

Right, but I didn’t only ski the INW this past year hahah. TGR Forums
    Do you even ski anymore?????? I thought you only mountain biked these days...

Just fakin stand on em and point em down

That's how I ski em. Point and pray.

The 192 118 billygoat could be the unicorn.

Do you even ski anymore?????? I thought you only mountain biked these days...

That's how I ski em. Point and pray.
    Nah, just biking, snow has been shit this July here in Spokane… NOT.

Quote Originally Posted by The Artist Formerly Known as Leavenworth Skier View Post
    The 192 118 billygoat could be the grizzlycorn.
    FIFY.

The 192 118 reminds me a lot of my SGs (minus the asym). It looks like a dope ski.

Nah, just biking, snow has been shit this July here in Spokane… NOT.

Lol. I'm looking forward to making some turns with you on skis (next winter) and on two wheels.

No one cares about the bickering as long as you all buy lots of new Billy Goats.

Quote Originally Posted by iggyskier View Post
    Pretty much came down to a ski factory full of people with powder skis hardly skiing them. Everyone wanted just a bit more width to make the skis a bit more apt for the role. And I'm sure just a bit of mental ebb and flow to our style here. With that, shifted the wide skis back to more of a true powder width - vs straddling on the powder-width-but-could-still-ski-everyday zone (114-116.
    Does that mean the C&D is going +2 mm as well?

Quote Originally Posted by The Artist Formerly Known as Leavenworth Skier View Post
    The 192 118 billygoat could be the unicorn.
    That caught my eye, without asym it might have the long term potential to justify a purchase. Not sure if that means every day skis would be 118 or I'd ave to rock the 2 ski quiver most days. Still, it's compelling.

Quote Originally Posted by abraham View Post
    That caught my eye, without asym it might have the long term potential to justify a purchase. Not sure if that means every day skis would be 118 or I'd ave to rock the 2 ski quiver most days. Still, it's compelling.
    Is Asym really gone?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I am definitely interested in the Billygoat again for the first time in awhile. I, for one, did not get on with the asym skis so this is a huge step back in the right direction. The decrease in tail rocker is another. I love the way supergoats ski, but I am too weak and small to ski that big gun all day.

On the other hand, I will also say that if this ski gets too wide, it will become a niche powder ski for me. Something that only comes out when it gets stupid deep and stays that way all day. If that's the case, it will be competing with my Protests for playtime. (Waits for tomatoes and hurtful insults to be thrown)

Looking forward to getting my dick beaters all over a pair to fondle away. My 186 non asym goats can't last forever, can they?

And Norseman: That's MISTER Nutsackery to you.

I do not get the debate above. So more float out front with a slightly more supportive rear end should kinda equal out no or equal the gap balance wise, especially if the flex pattern is a tad softer to go with a more slightly more pow oriented design (the BG was always a pow ski) and since there is more ski to begin with (?).

So for me that kinda sounds like the best version of the BG to date no, kinda reminiscent of the pre-asym BG ski some people have be reving about in this thread - aka the unicorn, just more betterer no? Kind of like a love child of the current BG + SG + C+D. And with that spicy love triangle the get is bound to be something special. Want a stiffer ski or more tail splay? There's always custom, though I doubt most mags would need it.

Besides, the Goat Pen is pretty nice as it is no Bandit? And yes NW_Skier, it kinda sounds like an all day rally version of the SG for us weaklings of more diminutive stature

Quote Originally Posted by 123ski View Post
    Is Asym really gone?
    BG yes, C+D no.

Anyway, the tweaked 102-110-118 lineup makes a ton of sense to be me, both from a stocking/manufacturing point of view and from a quiver point of view. A nimble, relatively speaking narrower ski, a daily driver and a wider more pow specific ski - be it a BG or Jeff118 - is kinda quiver perfection for me living in a snow rich location.

And, did anyone notice that there are no less than nine camo designs to choose from in the custom builder?!? That is, if one includes the cat camo and midnight patterns. There are two new ones I think, frog camo and tiger stripe. So get your camo on I guess

And man those wood110 graphics are nice... Dammit. Still can't decide if tour or 50/50 is the right call if I order a wood116tour, probably the former as it is not meant as a replacement for my current pair. Luckily having to buy a new set of Pivots and Cast components (either second ski kit or second Freetour kit) probably makes the project cost prohibitive for me right now, so a moot thing to ponder on
    Last edited by kid-kapow; 07-20-2021 at 04:15 AM.

I don’t understand the move away from asym. They were perfect

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I’m dead broke from remodeling, but I’m hoping to add Woodsman 110 Tour and Jeffrey 118 50/50 to the quiver for this season. If only my job can stay remote, which is sadly looking increasingly unlikely…
    "Alpine rock and steep, deep powder are what I seek, and I will always find solace there." - Bean Bowers

photos

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screen Shot 2021-07-20 at 8.26.33 AM.png 
Views:	130 
Size:	727.5 KB 
ID:	379962
    Are we getting air tips?

ON3P SKIS Discussion

Hmm, a stiffer longer flatter tail non asym Billy Goat? Now we’re talking!
    I’ve moved on from the goats since the 191 as it just didn’t fit my criteria for what I wanted in a ski. It is a great ski but for me was lacking in certain aspects.
    Not a big fan of asym, really it’s just a design hype that people bought into and isn’t noticeable enough to matter. Notice how most manufacturers are moving away from it?
    The flatter tail rocker is a great thing. More supportive as well as more engagement if needed exiting a turn. Shape has a lot to do with how well that tail will behave in soft snow, my Protests have a very low rocker profile yet fucking rule and release without effort in heavy heavy mank. I can see how people who are afraid to commit to their shins and turn off their tails would see this as a possible negative. Seen a few “ good skiers” get their ass kicked by the Lhasa by trying to tail turn that beast. Pretty comical.
    At 118 I highly doubt this ski will make into my already really dialed quiver unfortunately, have Lhasa’s and the best resort pow/mank ski of all time, Protesteses. (Looks over shoulder) I’ve really wanted to get a goat back in the herd and this ski looks to be a killer ski, well done ON3P! I cannot wait to read the reviews and possibly try a pair this winter.

Quote Originally Posted by peglegger View Post
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screen Shot 2021-07-20 at 8.26.33 AM.png 
Views:	130 
Size:	727.5 KB 
ID:	379962
    Are we getting air tips?
    Just looks like a white tip spacer to me.