Page 257 of 598 FirstFirst ... 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 ... LastLast
Results 6,401 to 6,425 of 14945
    Quote Originally Posted by ASmileyFace View Post
    I doubt it, but is there a Super Goat currently in the demo fleet? I hear rumors of ON3P being at the Alta Demo day in early April and would love to get a chance to jump on the super version to try and understand the hype.
    No SG demo. Hoping to make it to Alta, still discussing details.

Quote Originally Posted by Bruce Springskiin View Post
    Hey as people are starting to put skis on the market I am seeking a ski close to a BG tour or stiffened Steeple. I loaned my sister’s boyfriend my 189 cm steeple 108 with a bit of extra carbon. He dug them to the point he wants to buy or steal them. I am not ready to part with them, hoping instead to track down something similar
    We did make a 184cm Steeple 108 template again, so we have the assets still to make that. I can see on 189cm. Not too much out there like it I suppose.

Quote Originally Posted by CascadeLuke View Post
    AeverBetel- I hope he’s doing well
    Same.

Quote Originally Posted by tuco View Post
    One word---FUCKYESSSSSS!
    Holy fuck, these things are the real deal. After a day where I didn't feel like I was on the defensive--- I'm in love. Slayed the tracked up shit like a champ. Can't wait to put more time on them.
    Nice work Iggy

Quote Originally Posted by californiagrown View Post
    Anyone have experience comparing the 189 BG stock vs Tour layup? Im looking for a 75% inbounds 25% BC ski. I tried to read through this thread but its a lot of pages and i must have missed the topic being discussed.

Im 6'3" 195lbs, skiing in WA so a ski on the damp and stiff side is "needed" for inbounds, but those kind of skis are typically pretty heavy to walk around with. Does the tour layup make the BG ski pretty differently from stock?
    Unless the BC days are really long, I would just stick stock. You have good height and will put lots of leverage on the skis, and most of your ski days are inbounds. I would likely stick with what serves you the best 75% of the time.

Quote Originally Posted by sk8rat6587 View Post
    Not sure how many codes are left though.
    Handful left still. Public sale starts Wed.

Quote Originally Posted by Joey311 View Post
    I’ve wondered about this. From the company‘s perspective is it better to have a customer buy direct vs from a retailer? Also from stock vs custom build? The profit margin may be higher from a direct sale, but there may be another benefits that the company realizes when the retailer has good sales.
    We exist because of direct orders. Margins to dealers with our COG are more or less nothing. That is why you see brands like Faction/Black Crows/etc in this rush to scale, because if you are in a heavy retail model (even with a COG that is far below ours), it is all about volume. Based upon Faction's latest money raise, they are still losing money selling 30,000 pairs/year and are heavily investing in scaling. Retail is very difficult in the ski industry.

We started as direct, found we could scale retail a lot faster, so started pushing into retail with more effort, before realizing there is no way for the business to be profitable doing so as dealers were cannibalizing our direct sales capacity. That is why you saw us pull back from SIA, change to a different product release timeline, and move on from most of our dealer network. We've turned down a lot of new dealer requests over the past two years, because our dealer allotment is usually sold out before the new line even drops.

The dealers we work with now we do so because they offer something tangible besides just sales revenue and have shown a willingness to be supportive and work with us beyond the norm. They help us form a strong base in markets we value (evo - Seattle/Denver, Chalet - Bozeman, Creel - Spokane, Pow7 - Front Range, Pinewski's - Midwest park scene, Fresh - Calgary, etc). Portland obviously a bit of an exception, but our presence + evo + Next cover a lot of the market here in Portland.

To manage the fiscal component, we limit our dealer allotment, weighing the non-fiscal value dealers offer vs the cost of selling that inventory outside of the direct sales channel.

So, yes, typically brands would prefer the sale to be direct, but the dealers we work with are dealers we support to the fullest, so if they are local to your market, we strongly back supporting them.

Regarding custom vs stock - on a per unit basis, customs have a higher margin, but we cannot build them at the same rate as stock skis. So we try and work them in on a consistent basis that allows us to maintain a similar daily output to stock production. The next big goal for us on the custom end is to cut delivery time down (aiming to cut it in half) - so that is what is on the horizon for us as we work to increase our custom ski capacity.
    Seriously, this can’t turn into yet another ON3P thread....

CDs round out my quiver nicely, loving this year so far

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk
    This job would be great if it weren't for the fucking customers

killer quiver PWeb!

I need topost some updated quiver pics, but being in the process of building no less than three seperate quivers and a sperate touring quiver (all three ski), my skis are kinda scattered over multiple locations right now. Ah, they joy of moving between multiple locations eh. I am super duper thrilled on how it/they turned out though. Iggy has really delivered to perfection and then some

Funnily enough the only ski model that is the same across two of the quivers is w114, before they are made custom only. I cannot wait to shred them - they just seem soooo dialed imo, even if I have been unable to ski much this season due to other obligations. #actinglikeagrownupsucks

Quote Originally Posted by iggyskier View Post

We exist because of direct orders. Margins to dealers with our COG are more or less nothing. That is why you see brands like Faction/Black Crows/etc in this rush to scale, because if you are in a heavy retail model (even with a COG that is far below ours), it is all about volume. Based upon Faction's latest money raise, they are still losing money selling 30,000 pairs/year and are heavily investing in scaling. Retail is very difficult in the ski industry.

We started as direct, found we could scale retail a lot faster, so started pushing into retail with more effort, before realizing there is no way for the business to be profitable doing so as dealers were cannibalizing our direct sales capacity. That is why you saw us pull back from SIA, change to a different product release timeline, and move on from most of our dealer network. We've turned down a lot of new dealer requests over the past two years, because our dealer allotment is usually sold out before the new line even drops.

The dealers we work with now we do so because they offer something tangible besides just sales revenue and have shown a willingness to be supportive and work with us beyond the norm. They help us form a strong base in markets we value (evo - Seattle/Denver, Chalet - Bozeman, Creel - Spokane, Pow7 - Front Range, Pinewski's - Midwest park scene, Fresh - Calgary, etc). Portland obviously a bit of an exception, but our presence + evo + Next cover a lot of the market here in Portland.

To manage the fiscal component, we limit our dealer allotment, weighing the non-fiscal value dealers offer vs the cost of selling that inventory outside of the direct sales channel.

So, yes, typically brands would prefer the sale to be direct, but the dealers we work with are dealers we support to the fullest, so if they are local to your market, we strongly back supporting them.
    Thanks for the transparency, Iggy. I suspected this was the case, although I held out hope that you were a lot smarter than me in terms of being able to bridge the two business models (you probably are). I struggle with exactly this with my small business.

About Vipec/Pivot ramp angle ... I hate to take this off topic again, but since I posted above, I re-measured both my Pivot 14 WTRs and Vipec Blacks and came up with nearly identical ramp angle (within .5mm), but different stack height. I have no clue as to why I thought they differed by about 5mm.

I used my XT-130 Freetours and measured from the ski surface: (a) to the center of the Dynafit toe pin socket and (b) the heel to the ledge.

The numbers I came up with were (+/- .5mm):

Pivot Toe/heel: 31/51
    Vipec Toe/heel: 41/61

It looks as if it's another case of my being sensitive to stack height, but still begs the question whether decreasing the Vipec's ramp angle will compensate for the greater stack height.

I think I should just go skiing

... Thom
    Galibier Design
    crafting technology in service of music

I offer a lil BG stoke. I am probably due for an upgrade soon

Iggy with the Kartel changing back to the Jeffrey any chance you’ll be bringing back the 122?

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Quote Originally Posted by ffmedic84 View Post
    Iggy with the Kartel changing back to the Jeffrey any chance you’ll be bringing back the 122?
    No plans for it right now right now.
    Seriously, this can’t turn into yet another ON3P thread....

Quote Originally Posted by klauss View Post
    I offer a lil BG stoke. I am probably due for an upgrade soon

Nice clean day! Where?

Mazama WA

ON3P SKIS Discussion

Quote Originally Posted by klauss View Post
    Mazama WA
    Been wanting to do that. What’s your take on NCH’s terrain & zonage?

Better than I expected. They dropped us into a bunch of fun areas and some decent exposure, but nothing crazy. They have the terrain for that though. They also have like 300k acres and like 140 drop spots if I remember correctly. I got a free trip due to a last minute cancellation on a business sponsored trip, so not sure what cost is, but I had a great time and I'd certainly consider another go in the future. I could have skied longer/more laps, but I suppose they've got to peel you off the mountain at some point.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_7827.JPG 
Views:	160 
Size:	268.5 KB 
ID:	274076

Wren 108’s have been my everyday touring workhorse ski for the past two seasons. Nothing is light about this setup but man is it fun on the way down.

A rare creature spotted in it's element, the Steeple 98.

Finally put some days on these this year and am really enjoying them. Surprised at how well they perform in deep snow and slay the cruddy mank down low on the way back to the car.

Wait are we doing Steeple photos?

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20181124_131859.jpg 
Views:	136 
Size:	831.3 KB 
ID:	274099

ON3P SKIS Discussion

Steeple stoke! Still constantly impressed at how able my 102’s are in all soft conditions Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_4239.JPG 
Views:	144 
Size:	1,000.5 KB 
ID:	274101

More Steeple stoke

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Steeple 112 189
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Name:  steeple turn 3.JPG
Views: 778
Size:  35.4 KB

Steeple 108s doing their thing

Hello ya. Love my 102's dreaming of a 108 and/or a 116

Sent from my SM-G950W using Tapatalk

So what’s the steeple replacement?

I rip the groomed on tele gear

Quote Originally Posted by detrusor View Post

BG custom with tour core and a tail clip = steeple 116.

No skis under that width with the res tip...so no 108 or 102 replacement buildable for now...

Wren 98 with tour core and tail clip = steeple 98
    wait!!!! waitwaitwaitwaitwaitwaitwaitwait...Wait!
    Zoolander wasn't a documentary?

Quote Originally Posted by detrusor View Post

Ive asked this before and got crickets

I think the other thread discussing skis with tips that don't dive is a good start...so really any pintail:
    Lotus 120
    Lhasas
    I wonder how a QST 106 or Legend X106 might compare...although turning radius may be too small
    Last edited by robnow; 03-15-2019 at 05:41 PM.

Idiot question. How much do the demo days cost?

^ demo’s are free

ON3P SKIS Discussion

Quote Originally Posted by robnow View Post
    Ive asked this before and got crickets

I think the other thread discussing skis with tips that don't dive is a good start...so really any pintail:
    Lotus 120
    Lhasas
    I wonder how a QST 106 or Legend X106 might compare...although turning radius may be too small
    None of those are as loose as the RES skis nor do they handle heavy and manky snow as well. Some are quite good in pow.

X106 and Lhasa are similar. Their differences are apparent by their widths. The Lhasa is the more demanding of the two. Either would be a fine alternative for the steeple 112 or 102, but not a replacement per se.

QST 99/106 is a soft, autopilot sort of ski. Not demanding or particularly good at anything. Patrollers use them at our hill because they get them so cheap they’re basically disposable. Very soft, floppy tips. I think the tail shape on the recent sollys are grabby/catchy af in deep snow. Idk, some people like them, some people hate the wren 108.

Lotus 120 I’ve not skied but I’ve been talked down from purchasing it a few times by those who know I like the Goats. In the light layup it’s a pure pow ski, not a mixed conditions ski. And those tails are stiff.

Ymmv.

Quote Originally Posted by margotron View Post
    Idiot question. How much do the demo days cost?
    Never been charged at an ON3P on hill demo.