Quote Originally Posted by PhiberAwptik View Post
    Yes. Or so i have heard.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_8628.JPG 
Views:	154 
Size:	545.3 KB 
ID:	198627
    You should have been here yesterday!

So, I'm expecting to hear that next year's Steeple 108 equivalent will also be asym?

... Thom
    Galibier Design
    crafting technology in service of music

Quote Originally Posted by galibier_numero_un View Post
    So, I'm expecting to hear that next year's Steeple 108 equivalent will also be asym?

... Thom
    Your expectations would be incorrect

on3p demo tour question. if or when is there a demo day up north? Baker, whistler or even Stevens?

Quote Originally Posted by stolitonic View Post
    on3p demo tour question. if or when is there a demo day up north? Baker, whistler or even Stevens?
    There's a demo calendar on the ON3P site: https://shop.on3pskis.com/pages/demo-tour. Looks like Red Mountain, BC is the closest demo to you.

Quote Originally Posted by PowTron View Post
    Your expectations would be incorrect
    Of course, it's not as if I expect to demo this year's Steeple 108's and hate them ;-)

... Thom
    Galibier Design
    crafting technology in service of music

Working hard on getting OR/WA dates on the calendar!

I checked that out but no dates for around here which seemed strange.

PowTron-

any idea on when my Kartels might get pressed? I know you guys are busy with other stuff right now, and I'm not in a rush. More curious is all...

Pebble demo on the 11th, I'll be there. If you ever want to do sun valley I can put your demo crew up for the night.

Quote Originally Posted by CaliBrit View Post
    Pebble demo on the 11th, I'll be there. If you ever want to do sun valley I can put your demo crew up for the night.
    Sweet, I'll be the one at Pebble doing that demo. Will be good to meet you.

And we should talk Sun Valley

B cool if you shot up the road to revelstoke after red/ww. 108 wren and bg look sweet.

Awesome! My good friend is part of the new pebble ownership too. Good people.

Working hard on getting OR/WA dates on the calendar!
    I can haz Tahoe plz?

anything planned for sw idaho? you guys should definitelly try reaching out to brundage, they recently added praxis to their demo skis, used to have dps as well so I can see how on3p would have a place!

How do you not have a UT demo?
    I need to go to Utah.
    Utah?
    Yeah, Utah. It's wedged in between Wyoming and Nevada. You've seen pictures of it, right?

So after 15 years we finally made it to Utah.....

Thanks BCSAR and POWMOW Ski Patrol for rescues

8, 17, 13, 18, 16, 18, 20, 19, 16, 24, 32, 35

2021/2022 (13/15)

Gman is online now Mack Master William Large
    Quote Originally Posted by whyturn View Post
    Thought I'd chime in here since I'm doing demos in New England. We're expanding where we do demos but we ask that people be patient with us. Besides the economic costs of having a full demo fleet, we're working on developing strong relationships with "reps" that we can trust. Lots of people want to work for a ski company but we're not about to send 15-20 pairs of skis to someone we have no relationship with. We'd love to have a rep in all the major regions we sell skis and it's certainly something we're working on but it just takes time.

Quote Originally Posted by Gman View Post
    Thought I'd chime in here since I'm doing demos in New England. We're expanding where we do demos but we ask that people be patient with us. Besides the economic costs of having a full demo fleet, we're working on developing strong relationships with "reps" that we can trust. Lots of people want to work for a ski company but we're not about to send 15-20 pairs of skis to someone we have no relationship with. We'd love to have a rep in all the major regions we sell skis and it's certainly something we're working on but it just takes time.
    Right so my 4500 posts don't count, I see how it is.

I rep your skis already every time I ski them at my local UT hill. I do understand the technology since I'm an engineer. I don't want to work for the ski company full time (see engineering statement) but could help.

I can ski better than most and I do know how to sell since I have a sales background in various fields including hard goods.

But I understand if no rep is better than me, well actually I don't and UT is way better than CO

But what do I know, I'm just another engineer trying to ski pow. Seriously though, I can easily talk through it with Scott or you can ask others who can vouch.

Back to the stoke
    I need to go to Utah.
    Utah?
    Yeah, Utah. It's wedged in between Wyoming and Nevada. You've seen pictures of it, right?

So after 15 years we finally made it to Utah.....

Thanks BCSAR and POWMOW Ski Patrol for rescues

8, 17, 13, 18, 16, 18, 20, 19, 16, 24, 32, 35

2021/2022 (13/15)

I like free skis too. Can I be a rep?

Quote Originally Posted by klauss View Post
    asym billy goats? The dentists are going to go apeshit over these. Honest question, how do these asym tip tails ski on the opposite feet?
    In soft snow you would be fine, but on hard snow you lose effective edge and edge hold.

The changes on the BG are primarily in the tail taper. We wanted to keep the tip similar to ensure that it still cuts through variable well. CD is a bit more aggressive in its design, both in taper and tip shape, as our primary goal there was maintain surface area while increase how much you can smear the skis.

Quote Originally Posted by TahoeJ View Post
    Are they still pintails?
    Yes. As Jay said, specs are basically the same (technically slightly different in dimensions, but less than 1mm change from before). Effective edge and taper shape are primarily what is different.

Quote Originally Posted by galibier_numero_un View Post

... Thom
    Right now no. We're still testing the benefits in 110 and below skis. We're really happy with where the 108-waisted skis are right now. The primary benefits we've seen have been in 3-D snow. The goal with the BG and CD was to increase maneuverability in 3-D snow with minimal effect on hard snow performance. Testing will occur more on thinner skis this spring but in the meantime, our focus has been on implementing it where it will have the greatest benefit.

Most of the testing going on with the Steeples right now is focused on the cores & composites.

I checked that out but no dates for around here which seemed strange.
    There are only a handful of resorts that allow us to demo in the PNW. Whistler in April (WSI), then Baker, Stevens, TLine, and the smaller resorts (Hoodoo, Anthony, Willamette). No Meadows, Bachelor, Crystal. As such, we made the call this year to get most of our demo skis out to various fleets running demos around the country where resorts are more willing to have us there for a demo.

Stevens is for sure on the list for the year if we have a fleet that can do it (likely in March) - they have always been fantastic to work with. Baker is great too so we will stop there if we can swing it - likely skipping Whistler this year due to insurance costs we incur while in Canada.

One other element here is that in years past, factory guys have primarily been the ones running demos. Factory is busier than ever, so hard for us to pull people to run demos. Hopefully an issue we have a solution for next season, as we really want to get more demos going locally. If we could demo more locally (Meadows/Bachelor) we would aim to be at each major resort at least 1x per month. In the meantime, we aim to start hitting the resorts that we can with greater frequency next season.

Quote Originally Posted by CaliBrit View Post
    Sun Valley would be great if we were allowed to attend. Larger resorts with their own corporate ski shops are often a no for us.

Quote Originally Posted by unpossible View Post
    I can haz Tahoe plz?
    Tahoe might be even worse than the PNW. I believe we were given the ok to demo at only 2 resorts there (Rose & Northstar). Hence why we've dragged a bit getting a fleet down there - not much for it to do. That might have changed since last year. In all honesty, I doubt Tahoe happens this year. Sorry.

Quote Originally Posted by mfa81 View Post
    anything planned for sw idaho? you guys should definitely try reaching out to brundage, they recently added praxis to their demo skis, used to have dps as well so I can see how on3p would have a place!
    Bogus is in the cards - Brundage a bit less likely but a resort we've wanted to get to for awhile.

Quote Originally Posted by whyturn View Post
    One of the primary issues is the same as discussed above. We only have a few UT resorts willing to host us and a limited number of demos skis we can allocate around the country. I suspect we'll end up at Powder Mountain, Brighton, and hopefully Alta for this big demo in April but nothing officially set right now.

For total transparency, we were set up to have MT/ID/UT/WY handled with a fleet running out of Bozeman, but those plans fell apart within the past week, so we're having to revisit our season plans right now to see where to go.
    Seriously, this can’t turn into yet another ON3P thread....

No mention of Schweitzer. Bummer.

Quote Originally Posted by 2FUNKY View Post
    No mention of Schweitzer. Bummer.
    Usually late March / early April, but nothing set yet.

thanks for the update!

I'd be the greatest rep. I'll have the best demos. The best. Nobody will even know what to do, I'll have such amazing demos. All these other reps are totally failing, weak, low energy.

Quote Originally Posted by adrenalated View Post
    I'd be the greatest rep. I'll have the best demos. The best. Nobody will even know what to do, I'll have such amazing demos. All these other reps are totally failing, weak, low energy.
    10/10 would buy only skis he's selling. Nothing else will know how to ski powders.