Page 407 of 599 FirstFirst ... 402 403 404 405 406 407 408 409 410 411 412 ... LastLast
Results 10,151 to 10,175 of 14970
    Quote Originally Posted by justo8484 View Post
    Attachment 361010

Just wanted to share my love for the old proto jeffrey 110s. Hadn't skied them this year since I mounted up my new 108s, but brought the 110s out the past two days for some mid atlantic off trail duty. Two feet in 48 hours after a couple smaller storms over the past two weeks put everything in play. Still amazed at how easy it is to maneuver these skis in super tight east coast trees, while still being able to haul through chop at full speed back to the lift. I hit something in the woods so hard the wife heard it and thought I snapped a ski in half, but they came out completely unscathed, as per usual for ON3Ps.
    110's were great.
    Training for Alpental

Quote Originally Posted by brundo View Post
    How much do you lose in tight trees going from BG to supergoat?
    Umm, yes. In my opinion the trade off is WAY worth it; that lower tail rocker is MONEY.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Anyone put much time on the new lighter cores? Can you tell any difference from the previous versions?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by PNW-skier78 View Post
    Anyone put much time on the new lighter cores? Can you tell any difference from the previous versions?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I have been on This years models of skis I have previously owned. They ski the same to me.
    Training for Alpental

Quote Originally Posted by CaliBrit View Post
    Finally got my Wren 114’s 184’s into real conditions with this huge storm we’ve had in Sun Valley.

Really enjoyed them. Just fantastic in deep untracked and cut up powder. Intuitive and as a directional skier I find the tails plenty loose and ready to slide around for me. I don’t really find them that chargey but I do often ski a longer ski.

The one thing is that when the snow gets really cut up and consolidated into fairly firm bumps I get kicked around allot. Thought about it a bit and it reminds me of something the BG 184’s did to me too.

I guess it’s partly that I’m not that heavy (160) and it’s just got allot of backbone. Just had to work to keep up with my buddy on bumped out groomers between tree shots and that’s not something I normally have to do. Felt like being bounced around like a pin ball!!
    I completely agree with this. Ski great in the pow and untracked, but just have a fair bit of bounce to them once on more chopped, skied out stuff. I'm also 160, but for example, found the 189cm Dynastar Menace Proto to be much smoother... Wish it was 184cm, but oh well...

I also found this on the Wren 108's which is why I sold them. Super fun for that width in the deep, but as soon as it was tracked I hated them. My hypothesis is they are either too stiff for my 160, it's the bamboo core/layup, or maybe the combo of a lot of rocker + stiff flex. Thinking a wee bit less rocker and a slightly softer flex would enable them to absorb stuff? Who knows.
    He who has the most fun wins!

Quote Originally Posted by comish View Post
    I also found this on the Wren 108's which is why I sold them. Super fun for that width in the deep, but as soon as it was tracked I hated them.
    Same story with my 108s. Seems like I experience a lot of deflection in variable density or heavy chop, occasionally forcing me into all sorts of unholy stances. And also bouncy once snow begins to firm. There's a range of conditions in which I find this ski incredibly fun, but I want more versatility. I'm gonna try the new 102 Ti as a replacement.
    Daniel Ortega eats here.

I do have to say I have always had the 100% opposite experience with Wrens (OG Tacoma, 112, 108, 108ti, 114) and find them to absolutely murder any kind of variable or chopped snow. Stand on them and they do not falter. Like...ever.

It could come down to the size differences on a ski like that (I am 200# ish depending on my cookie intake), but I do know that Adrenalated skied them better than a lot of people I have known and he is for sure a petite, warrior princess

Different strokes for different folks!
    You should have been here yesterday!

Quote Originally Posted by PowTron View Post
    It could come down to the size differences on a ski like that (I am 200# ish depending on my cookie intake), but I do know that Adrenalated skied them better than a lot of people I have known and he is for sure a petite, warrior princess
    Dammit, now I don't know whether to keep "Know-it-all Bro Brah" as my tagline or change it to "Petite Warrior Princess"

Anyway, yes I am 5'9" 145lbs and own 186cm Wren 112s and I think they are stable as all fuck in chop. They also completely kick my ass these days since I don't ski inbounds all that often anymore and after a few runs, I definitely start to get kicked around. When I was more fit/stronger I could ski them all day and they just raged.

I brought a knife to a gunfight Saturday at snowbird. It definitely was a super goat day but they were at home. Sad too I reckon.

I rip the groomed on tele gear

ON3P SKIS Discussion

Quote Originally Posted by detrusor View Post
    I brought a knife to a gunfight Saturday at snowbird. It definitely was a super goat day but they were at home. Sad too I reckon.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1930.JPG 
Views:	141 
Size:	197.4 KB 
ID:	361073
    Had the SG’s up at the Bird the last few days. FKNA man, so easy in so many conditions. Got fresh 4 laps in on Road to Provo yesterday morning in knee deep that had been sitting since Friday. Dense wind packed snow and I had absolutely no business making the high speed super g turns I was making on those skis. Anything else and I’d be in the hospital with blown knees right now. Love me some Super Goats!

Oh, and 45 mph on groomers back to the car doesn’t suck either.

I can't say I feel any lack of chargeability in my Wren 108's (189s and I'm pushing 190 at the moment, damn COVID!)

They are certainly a little less damp than some of the metal skis in my quiver, but I definitely wouldn't call them bouncy or say that they deflect in chop anymore than anything else 108 underfoot.

Sometimes chop just sets up hard and anything feels like a trampoline.

Just yesterday I was on the menace proto and was getting bounced around everywhere in the afternoon chop.

Trampoline chop.... does it get any better?

That is all.

Quote Originally Posted by DeepHelmet View Post
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1930.JPG 
Views:	141 
Size:	197.4 KB 
ID:	361073
    Had the SG’s up at the Bird the last few days. FKNA man, so easy in so many conditions. Got fresh 4 laps in on Road to Provo yesterday morning in knee deep that had been sitting since Friday. Dense wind packed snow and I had absolutely no business making the high speed super g turns I was making on those skis. Anything else and I’d be in the hospital with blown knees right now. Love me some Super Goats!

Oh, and 45 mph on groomers back to the car doesn’t suck either.

Skied the 193 Stiff Supergoats at Solitude during this last weekend powder mania here in the Wasatch. Once again blown away. They're easy. Lose nothing, charge everything. Love them in their element.

Quote Originally Posted by CAPHILL View Post
    Skied the 193 Stiff Supergoats at Solitude during this last weekend powder mania here in the Wasatch. Once again blown away. They're easy. Lose nothing, charge everything. Love them in their element.
    Echoing these thoughts. Skied my pink SG’s today in 10in wind affected variable snow. They just murder everything in their way and the suspension through the chop is rad. Not punishers but if given the fall line they accelerate and stomp with such confidence. So great to have the releasability of the shape with the fall line charge stability. For how big they are they are super manageable.....pleased every day on these things

ON3P SKIS Discussion

Love all the SG praise — they slay.
    Today I was blown away with how nimble they were!! Sliced like a katana through steep trees. Could drift em when I wanted to slow up then lay the hammer down in deeper snow. Now after 10 or so days on em seems the the flex is breaking in nicely, had a few really fun tail butters when caring speed over rollers!

I can easily see in places with higher density snow the tails may hang up a bit more but dog gamn in the inland (possibly even places like Colorado) this ski really outshines the BG!

Took the goats out for a fresh 9" day at Crystal and absolutely loved em.

I've only taken the 108 goat tours on a few inbounds adventures so far and I'm still trying to click with them. Super light and easy on the uphill, but haven't had great conditions going down and more aware of that fact than I'd like to be. Hopefully get out for real tour sooner than later.

ON3P SKIS Discussion

Quote Originally Posted by Doremite View Post
    Just chiming into to say I believe - after skiing five different ON3P varietals w/ zero tune issues - my first day yesterday on my W108s was a struggle and I’ve finally been bitten by tune complications. The tails were pushing back and gripping in strenuous ways. I felt way too forward on the skis and battled the tails all day (mounted on the line). I typically like stiff tails and love my Wren 96 and 108s and bought the woodsman to have a more playful and washy tail. Completely opposite experience yesterday. I also have Woodsman 96s and clicked with them upon first turn which was my consistent ON3P experience until yesterday. Plan to detune the tail contact points and hope for a brighter future. I didn’t have a gummy w me yesterday so just fought them all day trying to convince myself it was technique but I can’t imagine so given folks describe this ski as “easy.” Tails felt like I-beams and would not release. I’d agree this can be an intuitive and playful ski given my 96 experience but the 108s kicked my ass yesterday something fierce and my back is a mess today after trying to will them into submission. Was lots of tight technical skiing which added to the struggle and was hard to really figure out what was up.
    In response to this earlier post Iggy shot me an email and suggested a 1/1 edge reset. Took the skis to a reputable local shop (ie does a shit ton of race tuning and knows what’s up) for the work. They recommended 1/2 but stuck with the 1/1 advice coming from ON3P and - voila - skied amazing today. So fun and easy out of the gate as I’ve come accustomed to. Posting to help solve the rare issue others may be having. The lack of finish tuning seems to be relegated to a small set of blems, many that got sold to mags which may be making these seem like a larger problem than it actually is. Mine are cosmetic blems but I likely would t have noticed if they weren’t advertised as such.
    Last edited by Doremite; 02-04-2021 at 01:58 PM.
    Uno mas

Quote Originally Posted by GBB View Post
    Popping in here to re-iterate BGs are the absolute best heavy snow, bumped mank, pillow glade destroying shit eating grin producing skis out there. Holy fuck they're fun.
    Enjoying all the Goat stoke
    Especially GBB. Welcome aboard

Yeah, I got out on the BGs today and they fuckin rule. Felt like god damn Maximus Meridius out there. Conditions were proper for them. PNW pow day turned to bumped out mank in afternoon.

Not sure what I'm gonna do with the rustler 11s the wife got me that are en route as the BGs are still going strong season after season.

Got out on my Caylor’s today at Timberline and hot-damn were they the ticket! So fast, so fun, so stompy. I never tire of these things, they’re just so flippin’ playful.

Quote Originally Posted by MHSP1497 View Post
    Got out on my Caylor’s today at Timberline and hot-damn were they the ticket! So fast, so fun, so stompy. I never tire of these things, they’re just so flippin’ playful.
    Those skis tho...
    You should have been here yesterday!

Quote Originally Posted by PowTron View Post
    Those skis tho...
    I know... Thank you for sending them my way!

BG and WD116. Those who own both... how do you choose which to ski on a given day?

thanks!