Page 444 of 599 FirstFirst ... 439 440 441 442 443 444 445 446 447 448 449 ... LastLast
Results 11,076 to 11,100 of 14969
    There is an image.
    Seriously, this can’t turn into yet another ON3P thread....

Looks like a melted Backcountry goat

A goat butt?

Quote Originally Posted by iggyskier View Post
    There is an image.
    Do I need to ingest hallucinogens to see it?

Quote Originally Posted by NW_SKIER View Post
    Do I need to ingest hallucinogens to see it?
    Only one way to find out.
    Seriously, this can’t turn into yet another ON3P thread....

Some pics of the fresh new 187's with my ol' trusty 186 bg's. I'm amazed how similar they are side by side. One can definitely see the flatter tail in the new release though. Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20210728_160512.jpeg 
Views:	133 
Size:	97.9 KB 
ID:	380777Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20210728_155940.jpeg 
Views:	140 
Size:	97.0 KB 
ID:	380778Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20210728_155801.jpeg 
Views:	126 
Size:	73.4 KB 
ID:	380779Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20210728_155748.jpeg 
Views:	117 
Size:	77.1 KB 
ID:	380780Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20210728_155730.jpeg 
Views:	115 
Size:	68.5 KB 
ID:	380781

Click image for larger version. 

ID:	380778
    Is it weird that I find Grizzlycorns and hand-bra chick equally sexy?

Quote Originally Posted by iggyskier View Post
    There is an image.
    Now that I'm looking at both skis together, and looking at just a piece of the repeating pattern, I think i "might" see "something"? Am I getting warmer or colder?

Name:  Screen Shot 2021-07-28 at 5.54.15 PM.png
Views: 683
Size:  347.3 KB

Some pics of the fresh new 187's with my ol' trusty 186 bg's. I'm amazed how similar they are side by side. One can definitely see the flatter tail in the new release though. Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20210728_160512.jpeg 
Views:	133 
Size:	97.9 KB 
ID:	380777Click image for larger version. 

ID:	380778Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20210728_155801.jpeg 
Views:	126 
Size:	73.4 KB 
ID:	380779Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20210728_155748.jpeg 
Views:	117 
Size:	77.1 KB 
ID:	380780Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20210728_155730.jpeg 
Views:	115 
Size:	68.5 KB 
ID:	380781
    Thanks for the comparison pics.

I kinda want to give you crap for having Markers on those beautiful Grizzlycorns.
    In constant pursuit of the perfect slarve...

Quote Originally Posted by Bandit Man View Post
    Thanks for the comparison pics.

I kinda want to give you crap for having Markers on those beautiful Grizzlycorns.
    They weren't my first choice, but when I bought them from Calibrit, they were already drilled for marker demo binders, which conveniently lined up jesters perfectly for 305 on the line.

Quote Originally Posted by WILLSKIFAST View Post
    Now that I'm looking at both skis together, and looking at just a piece of the repeating pattern, I think i "might" see "something"? Am I getting warmer or colder?

tryin too hard, maybe?

i see critter faces

grizzlycorn still makes me puke, bah

They weren't my first choice, but when I bought them from Calibrit, they were already drilled for marker demo binders, which conveniently lined up jesters perfectly for 305 on the line.
    I figured it was something like that.

Hate to put another set of holes in those beauties if not needed. Plus, you are now living proof that a TGR skier can use Markers and not die.
    In constant pursuit of the perfect slarve...

Thanks NWS for the new rocker’y 🤙🏼

Looking at the Billy Goat page and it shows 4 graphics. Does that mean those are options available at no up charge?

Quote Originally Posted by Norseman View Post
    i see critter faces
    I see human faces

Quote Originally Posted by phatty View Post
    Looking at the Billy Goat page and it shows 4 graphics. Does that mean those are options available at no up charge?
    Order them and find out

Yes, for sure. That’s what NW_Skier just received

Quote Originally Posted by ::: ::: View Post
    I see human faces

Name:	midnight.jpg 
Views:	184 
Size:	249.3 KB 
ID:	380942

??

One can definitely see the flatter tail in the new release though.
    man, these pictures makes me all kinds of excited - the new tail rocker looks awesome.

The BG is offered with 4 ready to ship graphics in the 187 length.

If you want a different graphic, but a bone stock ski (stock layup, sidewalls, base and layup) then ordering a pair of BGs through the custom builder is a meadly 2ousd upcharge with the ON3P graphic of choice (usually the last few years stock option and the more popular historical ones being on offer, more than what is in the builder - just ask if they offer the one(s) you want and they will let you know it is offered) if you use the code CUSTOM22 during checkout.

If you want to change more stuff the upcharge will be larger - just go through the custom builder to get a feel for how much.

Quote Originally Posted by WILLSKIFAST View Post

I see Goathulhu

ON3P SKIS Discussion

Word— the new tail rocker pics are inviting… being as I have been so critical. But I will add that I think the profile line could be smoother.

I haven’t skied it.

But abrupt lines turn me off ever since the Pontoon. The whole industry applauded that ski in support of Shane’s vision but that ski sucked once you hit 30 mph.

This is why all previous generations of the BG have turned me off. I don’t need abrupt rocker up front or in the rear. This is a step in the right direction, for sure. On paper. But I do honestly admit that I wish the transition from camber to rocker had a longer transition that would be difficult to feel.

I’m feeling paper. Yes, I have to try it. But am I the only one who sees abrupt transitions in profile pics?

Nothing I like has abrupt transitions. Everything I like is super mellow in transition. Contact points (from base to base) are hard to identify in skis that I like.

I’m gonna hold off. I’m stoked the tail rocker is subdued in 2022, but the transition still looks sharp, feelable. And if I can feel it, why even have the last 7cm on the ski?

I don’t know how else to say it. The tail rocker looks abrupt, then long and flat. The last 7cm look useless.

The Ren proved to me that huge tail rocker is not necessary for a releasable tail.

I want the Ren + BG’s baby.
    RES. Subtle camber. Stiff, reverse camber tail.

Ski the 2022 and tell me I’m wrong. I’m listening.

Dilemma— I want more suspension. I do not want less tail.

Adding suspension = adding camber.
    Adding camber = losing pivot ability.
    RES is aimed at adding pivot ability.
    But more tail rocker = less power.

So while I think it probably turns on a dime, I don’t yet have confidence that it can stop on a dime. And the key to going fast in a forest is the ability to stop.

If nothing else, that’s a TGR record for use of the word “abrupt” in a single post.

Quote Originally Posted by gaijin View Post
    Word— the new tail rocker pics are inviting… being as I have been so critical. But I will add that I think the profile line could be smoother.

I haven’t skied it.

But abrupt lines turn me off ever since the Pontoon. The whole industry applauded that ski in support of Shane’s vision but that ski sucked once you hit 30 mph.

This is why all previous generations of the BG have turned me off. I don’t need abrupt rocker up front or in the rear. This is a step in the right direction, for sure. On paper. But I do honestly admit that I wish the transition from camber to rocker had a longer transition that would be difficult to feel.

I’m feeling paper. Yes, I have to try it. But am I the only one who sees abrupt transitions in profile pics?

Nothing I like has abrupt transitions. Everything I like is super mellow in transition. Contact points (from base to base) are hard to identify in skis that I like.

I’m gonna hold off. I’m stoked the tail rocker is subdued in 2022, but the transition still looks sharp, feelable. And if I can feel it, why even have the last 7cm on the ski?

I don’t know how else to say it. The tail rocker looks abrupt, then long and flat. The last 7cm look useless.

The Ren proved to me that huge tail rocker is not necessary for a releasable tail.

I want the Ren + BG’s baby.
    RES. Subtle camber. Stiff, reverse camber tail.

Ski the 2022 and tell me I’m wrong. I’m listening.

Dilemma— I want more suspension. I do not want less tail.

Adding suspension = adding camber.
    Adding camber = losing pivot ability.
    RES is aimed at adding pivot ability.
    But more tail rocker = less power.

So while I think it probably turns on a dime, I don’t yet have confidence that it can stop on a dime. And the key to going fast in a forest is the ability to stop.
    Just fuckn buy them so you can know. Ski them for a week, then decide. Sell them if they're not your jam. No they are not the same as your ten year old Rens and never will be.

Anyone care to throw in a quick comparison between a ~2014ish Renegade and a BG?

I love my Ren in JP but am contemplating a new 50/50 ski with cast. Am considering a Hoji but the BG is super intriguing. 110 or 118? Would the 110 actually be any less loose in variable bc snow?

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    All I can say is I wish I’d sold my rens on day one and just bought the BG because it’s 1000x better in every single way

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

gaijin, worry not - the rocker lines are very gradual in person - especially out front which is pretty damned similar to Renegades - and the BG's ability to shred variable is down to the golden triangle of weight, damp construction and relatively straight shape. Remember, those 187s are as long as most other brands 190 skis.

Below you'll find a comparison between the current Renegade depicted at 4FRNT.com (blue) and the new BG (grey), depicted on ON3Pskis.com, unsure what lenght in both. The red lines are where 4FRNT mark the starting point of the tail/nose rocker zones, and they are pretty damned similar to the BG's contact points. BGs have less splay out front - if still ample - and the difference out back is not very large. So I would not sweat it, especially as the BG more than likely is stiffer than said Rens.

Name:	Skjermbilde 2021-07-29 kl. 15.53.24.png 
Views:	129 
Size:	886.9 KB 
ID:	380960

I do not think I fucked up the scaling when making this, but feel free to experiment to double check. PP ftw.

And yes, they stop plenty fast enough. That is what happens when you combine a big surface area with a substantial / stiff flex pattern in a ski that pivots effortlessly - controling speed is damned easy. It is why they are so intutive and cofidence inspiring to ski in in more demanding terrain - you know you can cope with whatever come your way.

Also, Poon2oons are somewhat noodles up front compared to BGs, so they will not behave the same at speed. Like, both will be loose in soft snow, but BGs will absolutely outperform Pon2oons by miles in a back to back comparison in variable - like, there should be no comparison. I know that you were not making the comparison, but extrapolating your experience from Pon2oons to being indicative of how BGs will ski based on a rocker line will do you no favors in this case. (yes, the more appropriate comparison will be C+D, but still, their stiffer back ski should give them the edge at speed in variable on said K2s as well)

Name:	K2-Pontoon-crop450.jpg 
Views:	108 
Size:	62.0 KB 
ID:	381009Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ON3P-Billygoat-crop450.jpg 
Views:	95 
Size:	52.1 KB 
ID:	381010
    Yeah, I know this is the third(?) time I've posted this photo recently, but try to translate how that shape and relative stiffness will translate to deep snow performance, especially in drier snow. It seems like an ok match to me, though I've never skied Japow. Besides, 33 degrees ain't abrupt out front, nor is 27 out back (if slacker than some the stiffer flex makes up for it).
    Last edited by kid-kapow; 07-29-2021 at 03:32 PM.