Page 172 of 598 FirstFirst ... 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 ... LastLast
Results 4,276 to 4,300 of 14944
    ^throw on the metal tip from the head Monster series, a great GaperImpala

Quote Originally Posted by markcjr View Post
    I like what blister does to show actual rocker (tip and tail pics, laying flat on a table, squeezed together not squeezed together Etc) as opposed to just listing a line drawing with the numbers. It's easier for me to compute that way. Obviously the best way is to just fondle them but I can't always do that if I'm ordering online.

Sent from my VS987 using TGR Forums mobile app
    If nothing else, having an independent 3rd party doing the measurements is helpful just because the numbers are comparable between brands, whereas the manufacturers that do list numbers all tend to measure them differently.

Quote Originally Posted by adrenalated View Post
    I vote for a pointy tipped super Wren so that we can impale gapers that get in the way.
    Here's my vote:

Quote Originally Posted by iggyskier View Post
    Honestly, conceptually the Oar was really interesting, and remember, it made enough sense that we spent time/money on building them.

I think the one that stands out was one with the working name "The Dead Lung"....though so long ago hard to remember. Essentially a non-rockered, super super super damp, super super soft ski that would, in theory, just sort of flow over everything.
    That name came from Kip haha.

Soft, 110 underfoot and no sidecut - straight skis are back baby. Thought it would be an interesting testbed for rocker profiles and less hooky in 3D snow. Sidecut is for sissies.

I have a question about tail rocker, as pertaining to ski length and mounting point. Using the Kartel 108 as an example of a ski that has a heavily rocker tail...if never riding switch or spinning, does the 5 cm at the end do anything? For example if I chop 5 cm off the tail (as in my photoshop pic), would this affect the way it skis, or be totally unnoticeable?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2.jpg 
Views:	115 
Size:	272.6 KB 
ID:	235471   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20180220_125628.jpg 
Views:	117 
Size:	110.6 KB 
ID:	235472  

You'd die instantly.

Quote Originally Posted by Joey311 View Post
    I have a question about tail rocker, as pertaining to ski length and mounting point. Using the Kartel 108 as an example of a ski that has a heavily rocker tail...if never riding switch or spinning, does the 5 cm at the end do anything? For example if I chop 5 cm off the tail (as in my photoshop pic), would this affect the way it skis, or be totally unnoticeable?
    You could cut it off if you want - but you would want to do so in a way that keeps the integrity of the edges and core that both extend in the tip. That said, not sure you gain much for the time/effort unless the tail is bothering you for some reason.

Quote Originally Posted by Norseman View Post
    You'd die instantly.
    Also this.
    Seriously, this can’t turn into yet another ON3P thread....

I guess I wasn't clear. I would not consider actually chopping the tail off a ski. I was just pondering the way I think about ski length and mounting point. For instance if I ignore the back 5cm of a 181cm ski mounted at -4.25 from center. I can think about it as being very similar to a ski with a flatter tail 176cm length mounted -6.75 from center.

[QUOTE=iggyskier;5343685]You could cut it off if you want - but you would want to do so in a way that keeps the integrity of the edges and core that both extend in the tip. That said, not sure you gain much for the time/effort unless the tail is bothering you for some reason.

You would lose 5 extra cm of support for when you are wheelying on your tails out of a drop or if you like to butter etc

Sent from my VS987 using TGR Forums mobile app

stoked, just got a 179 BG to replace my 176 I sold yesterday! Long wait ahead...

Quote Originally Posted by easternskr View Post
    I'm 5'9" and 155. I have 179 Wren 108s and when I was at Big Sky this winter those skis seemed custom made for that place. However, when back home at Stowe, and skiing tighter trails, especially in the woods, the Wrens wanted to run faster then I was comfortable with. I am most likely going to pick up a pair of 18/19 Kartel 96 for next season with the idea that the slightly narrower waist and tighter side cut and softer flex should make for a great east coast all around ski, especially in the trees. Seeing you got to try both the Wren 98 and the Kartel 98 at Smuggs, would you agree that the Kartel is simply quicker and easier for tighter East Coast conditions? Thanks
    let me know if you are thinking in selling the w108 to fund you new ski!

EDIT: Never mind, gotta my answer a few posts after this!

Quote Originally Posted by Joey311 View Post
    I actually always wanted to do this with my last Bibby's since I thought same (but it seemed more like 10 useless cm's to me), but sold them and got something without the twin.

I honestly think skis like the Bibby and Kartel are "easier" only because the swing weight is more balanced. And when we are talking about 2300g skis, that starts to get significant. But I'll take the extra work for more tip and a tail that isn't pointed up to the sky.
    Last edited by FlimFlamvanHam; 05-11-2018 at 04:21 PM. Reason: correcting my retarded spelling holy shit

No touring option for the Kartel 96? Send em an email?

Quote Originally Posted by NWFlow View Post
    No touring option for the Kartel 96? Send em an email?
    If you want a Kartel 96 tour, email us and we can get it done.

Iggy- love the product descriptions on the website. They keep it 100, as the kids would say.

Extended the custom sale to 5/20. Another 5 days to stare at an unnecessary pair of skis in the cart. Amirite bevergeusegreene?
    wait!!!! waitwaitwaitwaitwaitwaitwaitwait...Wait!
    Zoolander wasn't a documentary?

Iggy, want to tell us more about the new c&d?
    Now that it is back as more of a inbounds ski, why does it still have the tour core and 19oz fiberglass? Other options too burly? Or other reasons?

Quote Originally Posted by Self Jupiter View Post
    Iggy- love the product descriptions on the website. They keep it 100, as the kids would say.
    Haha Thanks! Which ones? 8.5 years of writing ski copy has me pretty much cringing at all of it - how many different ways can you describe an "all mountain ski"...

Quote Originally Posted by SupreChicken View Post
    Extended the custom sale to 5/20. Another 5 days to stare at an unnecessary pair of skis in the cart. Amirite bevergeusegreene?
    So all the cards are on the table - we extended the custom sale because it's going better than expected. So well that I'm basically trying to figure out how much more custom production I can find the rest of the summer while getting stock skis handled. As such, we'll likely have another smaller custom ski sale opening in June to fill out our custom capacity into July and go from there - so this is likely not the last custom window, though the available pairs are going fairly quickly. We're likely not going to have any sort of in-season custom sale like we did last year, so we want to provide a few more options this summer to those who might have missed this first discount window.

And in bevergeusegreene defense - there are a bunch of you with custom skis in the cart. Say hi next time I hit you up on chat .

Quote Originally Posted by mr_pretzel View Post
    Iggy, want to tell us more about the new c&d?
    Now that it is back as more of a inbounds ski, why does it still have the tour core and 19oz fiberglass? Other options too burly? Or other reasons?
    It's still a powder ski. We want those tips to float & the decrease in rocker has stiffened it up a bit. Not sure how many here spent a lot of time on the pre-super-rockered-pre-tour-flex Cease & Desist but the weight of that ski made it a handful. The "Tour" core straddles the line on weight and it's plenty stable with the updated rocker. We're done on the design so getting the final production component built now and it will go to production soon. It will be updated on the website soon.

A few other things:

Just introduced a Custom SuperGoat page: https://shop.on3pskis.com/products/custom-supergoat

Base price for just a custom topsheet is $799 right now (same as a Custom Billy Goat) but will go up to $849 in June. We'll keep that open for a month - but we added the full range of tops + custom bases. Production really hates building these (big + heavy + long ) and I can personally feel their hatred when I put them on our Upcoming production sheet so...I limited inventory and don't know if there will be another round this year. We do have a couple stragglers in stock too.

I've also been getting more interest to update the Billy Goat to a women's version - so we likely will be putting up a women's BG page with an updated 164cm/174cm and if you like, you can add your email to the informal wait list. We're working on getting specs updated and a test build done while it is still spring - but if we find enough interest I will find time to get that build done before the season.

It's still a powder ski. We want those tips to float & the decrease in rocker has stiffened it up a bit. Not sure how many here spent a lot of time on the pre-super-rockered-pre-tour-flex Cease & Desist but the weight of that ski made it a handful. The "Tour" core straddles the line on weight and it's plenty stable with the updated rocker. We're done on the design so getting the final production component built now and it will go to production soon. It will be updated on the website soon.
    Thanks for the update on the C&D! Roughly what do the weights come in at in the two different lenghts?

I'll leave this here

I'm looking for Steeple 102 in 174
    Are there going to be custom pressings of non-current skis? I would certainly be interested in that ski with the middlin layup. I'm sure the interest from other customers is non-existent.

ON3P SKIS Discussion

Quote Originally Posted by SupreChicken View Post
    Gotta collect em’ all!

I am broke though. Gonna take a break from ski buying, at least until early next season. I gotta buy my northstar mtb pass soon. I didn’t buy a praxis custom this year either..

I did say I’m not selling anything, and keeping what I got... but part of me wants to trade/sell my 186 K108s for 191 K108s.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

I've also been getting more interest to update the Billy Goat to a women's version - so we likely will be putting up a women's BG page with an updated 164cm/174cm and if you like, you can add your email to the informal wait list. We're working on getting specs updated and a test build done while it is still spring - but if we find enough interest I will find time to get that build done before the season.
    This will make the wife really happy... She’s very interested in this version. We’ve talked about it quite a lot and she’s decided she wants a BG, but is a little intimidated by the weight/layup of a 179 (her custom W88’s are 179’s). A 174 version could be just what’s she’s after.

Same width Iggy? Or slightly skinnier?

Just saw this on instagram
    Name:  20180516_173413.jpg
Views: 557
Size:  53.2 KBName:  20180516_173347.jpg
Views: 561
Size:  54.5 KB
    Looks like these are the customs that were being discussed a few weeks ago

Quote Originally Posted by SkiLyft View Post
    Same width Iggy? Or slightly skinnier?
    Skinnier. I don't see us deviating from the previous widths, which we felt were dialed (112mm in 164cm, 114mm in 174cm). That said, we're just talking now - so I haven't really dived into the design updates just yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Teenaged View Post
    Just saw this on instagram
    Name:  20180516_173413.jpg
Views: 557
Size:  53.2 KBName:  20180516_173347.jpg
Views: 561
Size:  54.5 KB
    Looks like these are the customs that were being discussed a few weeks ago
    These are actually different.