Page 337 of 598 FirstFirst ... 332 333 334 335 336 337 338 339 340 341 342 ... LastLast
Results 8,401 to 8,425 of 14947
    They just dropped 20% direct online.

Next Adventure did the same, but you need the code - 20OFFON3P

I heard 19/20 on3p skis have an updated topsheet from previous years that is more durable. Can someone confirm?

Yes it is textured this year, but it has been super durable for 5+ years anyway

My 12/13 Billy Goats have minimal topsheet damage or chipping. Yes they are using a new textured material and have revised the beveling process to reduce chipping over the years, but there's definitely no reason to avoid older skis due to these changes.

Yeah my 18/19 BGs are pre-tectured top sheet but very nicely beveled and have been quite resistant to damage. Much tougher compared to say my Moments from 12/13.

Okay, thanks for confirming. I was surprised to hear that they're going to a more durable topsheet because I don't think I've ever heard on3p and not durable used in the same sentence ha.

The biggest advantage might be the better snow shedding on for the textured version.

Sorry, I went with the back from effective edge center. Actual number is -7.85 on the Masterblaster. Fixed it.

I am a more traditional directional skier, with skis that mount as such. Thus would a -7.5 mount on the Woodsman fit my style more. I understand that the ski was designed for a, I believe, -6.35 mount.

Quote Originally Posted by tdpdx View Post
    Thanks for the info. Will check out the blister reviews.

And yeah, the 300+ pages combined with this forums... lackluster search tech is a pretty difficult to deal with.
    The blister review of the woodsman is spot on.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by tdpdx View Post
    Can anyone give me a rundown of the Billy Goats vs Woodsman 116?
    I have both. Woods in a 192 and BG in a 189. Woods mount a bit more forward, tail is less releasable than the BG on the firm. Both rage the soft but the BG reins supreme with soft snow versatility and friendliness. The pintail is super friendly and lends itself well to slight adjustments in weight distribution to alter the turn shape. The Woods at speed in a long radius turn are locomotives. They are so great with rad suspension at speed. There is so much to love about each. You should have both imo. I love clicking into each one and knowing the day is gonna be fast and fun. There is nothing not to love about either one, both rip. Woods tips a bit more to the groomed but I’ve had incredible days arcing my BG’s there too. Good luck. Either decision will have you grinning.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Quote Originally Posted by Quandary View Post
    New to the family. Bought some 184 BGs this year. Of course they are awesome soft snow boards. However as has been discussed at length they are not the most fun ski on hard snow. I mostly ski Breck and Vail. Consequently on many days there is a lot of hard snow skiing until the patrollers are done blasting and the top opens. Consequently it made perfect sense to me to buy a pair of Woodsman 116s for those days. Now the question, where to mount them? I have been skiing 50 years so of course developed as a directional skier, but..... Current quiver;

Hard snow - J Ski Masterblaster mounted on the line (-7.85cm)
    Intermediate snow - K2 Mindbender 108Ti mounted on the line (-9.75cm)
    Soft snow - On3p BG mounted on the line (-9ish ?)

Thinking maybe I should mount the Woodsman 1cm back of the line would fit better with a traditionally directional skier? Thoughts?
    I was thinking the same on my Woodsmans for the same reason you are. Directional skier background but on the line is where they should be. You will feel a bit forward initially or at least I did but I’m happy I went on the rec. detuned the tips as they felt hooky and this helped immensely. the ski is designed to be versatile and on the rec gives u this. Tail more friendly, a big sweet spot fore and aft on stance and pressure for varied turns. I love my 116’s. Each day they show me more capability. Mount on the line.......

Quote Originally Posted by Tahoepa View Post
    I was thinking the same on my Woodsmans for the same reason you are. Directional skier background but on the line is where they should be. You will feel a bit forward initially or at least I did but I’m happy I went on the rec. detuned the tips as they felt hooky and this helped immensely. the ski is designed to be versatile and on the rec gives u this. Tail more friendly, a big sweet spot fore and aft on stance and pressure for varied turns. I love my 116’s. Each day they show me more capability. Mount on the line.......

Great thoughtful advice! I will go with recommended mount point.

Quote Originally Posted by brundo View Post
    I heard 19/20 on3p skis have an updated topsheet from previous years that is more durable. Can someone confirm?
    I have both older tops and the new vinyl textured tops. The new ones are more durable to superficial scratches. I don’t think it matters much but the new ones seem more duro FWIW. More of a rounded edge on the vinyl at tips and tails. After putting a handful of days on my new ones this year the only wear shown is at the tips inside edge. I’d imagine ON3P could speak to this directly. Not sure but I think customs are still the trad construction but I don’t have customs from 19/20, only stock. I do like the textured feel in hand tho.

Customs have the textured topsheet.

The 2 yr search is over. Fitting in nicely between the bg and 102's. Chances are the new touring model will drop tomorrow nowClick image for larger version. 

Name:	20200310_153709.jpeg 
Views:	128 
Size:	64.3 KB 
ID:	319753

Sent from my SM-G950W using TGR Forums mobile app

Quote Originally Posted by grinch View Post
    ... Chances are the new touring model will drop tomorrow now
    And if your acquisition wasn't enough, my Swiss Cheese project Steeple 102s will certainly drive the light touring ON3P project to the finish line ;-)

Working of Evo's published specs of 1920, I was taken aback when mine came in at 2120.

... Thom
    Galibier Design
    crafting technology in service of music

Quote Originally Posted by galibier_numero_un View Post
    And if your acquisition wasn't enough, my Swiss Cheese project Steeple 102s will certainly drive the light touring ON3P project to the finish line ;-)

Working of Evo's published specs of 1920, I was taken aback when mine came in at 2120.

... Thom
    Scared to weigh mine. Ill ski them first then it just wont matter

Sent from my SM-G950W using TGR Forums mobile app

Quote Originally Posted by Tahoepa View Post
    I have both older tops and the new vinyl textured tops. The new ones are more durable to superficial scratches.
    The main benefits of the new topsheet are that they hide scratches more effectively than the old glossy one, and that it adds more depth and sparkliness to the graphics (imho). If memory serves me right Iggy stated a while back that it is a thinner one-piece material too, as opposed to the previous glossy one that was two piece (white backing with graphics on the top layer I believe). I also think the textured one is ever so slightly ligther, and it is more expensive for ON3P to use. I think one of the reasons they made the switch was that the glossy topsheet was hard to source at times - aka why they made Kartel108s with the textured topsheets a few years ago. Please correct me if I am mistaken Iggy.

More durable - no, not as such. It just wears differently. As mentioned - ON3P and durability goes hand in hand, regardless of what topsheet material that is used.

That being said - I absolutely love the textured topsheets. I think it is the best/prettiest/most awesome topsheet material I have come across. It just makes ON3P's already stellar graphics pop that much harder. Yes, I prefer it to veneer as well - sacrilege I know

Sweet sticks Grinch!

2017 Billygoat (pre-asymetrical), anyone mount behind the line a bit? It looks pretty far forward, and I prefer traditional mounts (often mounting behind lines).

Nr 1 rule of the BG club is mount on the line.
    Nr 2 rule of BG club is mount on the line.

Quote Originally Posted by 1000-oaks View Post
    2017 Billygoat (pre-asymetrical), anyone mount behind the line a bit? It looks pretty far forward, and I prefer traditional mounts (often mounting behind lines).
    Try it out and let us know how it works out...
    In constant pursuit of the perfect slarve...

^ lol, Whyturn says on the line too, but then he mounts everything on the line.

I have a pair of 184s mounted about 1.5-2cm behind the line do to hole conflict. I typically ride skis with more progressive mounts and often mount ahead of recommended but these ski, float, slarve excellently. They do have a tendency to wheelie out a bit when landing just behind centre in deeper snow though. I wouldn't recommend mounting behind the line persay but they do work there.

I prefer trad mounts, too, and the line is the right spot for BG.

Remember, the sidecut is not traditional. You want to have the foot in the right spot relative to the reverse sidecut transition.

^ Got it guys, as close to the line as possible given hole conflicts.

Edit: The topsheet line doesn't quite line up with the mark on the sidewall, assume the sidewall mark is more accurate?
    Last edited by 1000-oaks; 03-13-2020 at 12:06 AM.