Page 297 of 599 FirstFirst ... 292 293 294 295 296 297 298 299 300 301 302 ... LastLast
Results 7,401 to 7,425 of 14969
    Quote Originally Posted by MiddleOfNight View Post
    for touring? for what boots? lots of folks think on3ps too heavy to tour (read the recent discussions about tour layup unicorn requests).

I don’t think too heavy .. I have dynafit rotations on supergoats and also on pillowfights, they do great.

Mounting my C/D with shifts out of necessity, may remount pillows with shifts if i like. a little more control and power on that ‘yüdge ski.

not sure if either fit your definition of ‘super light’ but that’s all i got.
    Just trying to stir up the natives Irony doesn't work on the internet

Quote Originally Posted by adrenalated View Post
    I just don't see 1800g from ON3P in a 115ish underfoot, 189cm ski in stiffer flexes. They'd have to go thinner bases, thinner edges, no bamboo, and those three things are distinctly not ON3P. I'm not saying it's impossible to build a ski with a Billy Goat shape in that weight class, I'm just saying they would have to make serious tradeoffs in ski performance, durability, or both in order to do that and I just don't see that aligning with ON3P's philosophy as a company.
    I know all those points and stated them (maybe just implied them) earlier. It would be a huge shift that may not ever see the light of day.

But from my comfortable armchair, those compromises are acceptable if the RES shape can port over to a light build. The shape is the driver.

I don't need thick bases or edges on pure touring skis. I don't need it to feel like a legacy layup. I need a shape that is refined for natural snow, in a weight class that I can climb 10k/day. Not something to skip out the gate for a 600ft little gape lap.

ON3P SKIS Discussion

Quote Originally Posted by sf View Post
    Sorry guys, couldn't be bothered to go through the entire thread.

Anybody got suggestion for a superlight binding to mount on my OG C&Ds?
    Edit: fuck it. Irony or not, MTNs or SHIFTs is what if put on those if I owned them again. They’re some fucken beast monsters
    Last edited by lucknau; 11-18-2019 at 06:04 PM.

Received a pair of 191 12/13 bearclaw BGs today.
    RES says mount on the line?
    In search of the elusive artic powder weasel ...

Line.
    Seriously, this can’t turn into yet another ON3P thread....

^^^ Excellent.

But how much does this guy really know about the Billy Goat?

Pretty stoked.
    I've been following the near blanket enthusiasm for this ski and people seem to love the 12/13 RES.
    Thought that it would overlap with my Lhasa Pow Fat too much, but some have counselled me that they ski much differently.
    Time will tell.

Quote Originally Posted by pfluffenmeister View Post
    But how much does this guy really know about the Billy Goat?
    Fuck that guy. Go +4

ON3P SKIS Discussion

Fuck that guy. Go +4
    Lulz

That would be a crime.

^Yeah, lol.

Someone mounted a pair backwards. You could try that instead

Haha!
    That topsheet is pretty confusing.

Haha!
    That topsheet is pretty confusing.
    New rule with these new-fangled skis ... in addition to measuring twice & drilling once, check which end is the front of the ski (several times) before marking and drilling

... Thom
    Galibier Design
    crafting technology in service of music

Dreaming of snowier days ahead.Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2017-12-23_08-22-42.jpeg 
Views:	123 
Size:	34.5 KB 
ID:	302916

Quote Originally Posted by sf View Post
    Just trying to stir up the natives Irony doesn't work on the internet
    Ha! Oops.

^^^ Excellent.

Pretty stoked.
    I've been following the near blanket enthusiasm for this ski and people seem to love the 12/13 RES.
    Thought that it would overlap with my Lhasa Pow Fat too much, but some have counselled me that they ski much differently.
    Time will tell.

They ski very differently. Lhasa is a scalpel, BG is a surfboard

I have both
    Last edited by mr_pretzel; 11-19-2019 at 08:57 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by mr_pretzel View Post
    They ski very differently. Lhasa is a scalpel, BG is a surfboard
    Ha!

As the previous owner of his new BG’s and a pair of Lhasa fat hybrids, that is the perfect short, one sentence summary of my paragraphs long comparison.

Lhasa is more nose high and likes to bounce, goat more neutral, feels more like you are riding the whole ski and making more lateral moves and less vertical moves. Both are fun, both float well

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Quote Originally Posted by The Artist Formerly Known as Leavenworth Skier View Post
    Lhasa is more nose high and likes to bounce, goat more neutral, feels more like you are riding the whole ski and making more lateral moves and less vertical moves. Both are fun, both float well

Wut? Sorry man but that’s not an accurate description of the Lhasa FAT by any stretch. From what i recall, you haven’t been on the FAT, i thought you skied the Lhasa Pow which is 112 underfoot which is a way different ski than the FAT. Both skis are very planted, lhasa has more edge feel as it should. Goat is looser, not a ton after the tail rocker modification. Both skis kick ass.

Quote Originally Posted by 2FUNKY View Post
    Wut? Sorry man but that’s not an accurate description of the Lhasa FAT by any stretch. From what i recall, you haven’t been on the FAT, i thought you skied the Lhasa Pow which is 112 underfoot which is a way different ski than the FAT. Both skis are very planted, lhasa has more edge feel as it should. Goat is looser, not a ton after the tail rocker modification. Both skis kick ass.
    X2

Yeah I was talking about the Lhasa. I agree with the fat, based on my one run on yours. I prefer the goat feel either way

The V.Werks Katana is 1880g for the 184cm and 1910g for the 191cm (actually Volkl has those two backwards on their website, which I'm assuming is a typo). A 189 ON3P is probably the same actual length as a 191 Volkl and the Katana is narrower than the Billy Goat shape. So you're asking for another 100g/ski lighter in a wider ski. (Edit: Blister measured the 18/19 V-Werks Katana, in 184cm, at 1960-1975g/ski!)

I just don't see 1800g from ON3P in a 115ish underfoot, 189cm ski in stiffer flexes. They'd have to go thinner bases, thinner edges, no bamboo, and those three things are distinctly not ON3P. I'm not saying it's impossible to build a ski with a Billy Goat shape in that weight class, I'm just saying they would have to make serious tradeoffs in ski performance, durability, or both in order to do that and I just don't see that aligning with ON3P's philosophy as a company.

I maintain that sub-2000g would be a good target for 189cm/115 underfoot. Obviously shorter and narrower skis would be lighter. That's light enough and could realistically and affordably be built, would be substantially lighter than any of the previous tour core skis, and would not require massive sacrifices to achieve.

But this is TGR, where unrealistic expectations are de rigueur.
    I think we’re saying the same thing actually. When I, and I think others, mention an 1800g BG at that length, sacrifices are the exact request. I mean a acrifices are specifically what we are looking for. Right?

I should have phrased it: ON3P touring layups, and skis like the Steeple, have not sacrificed enough performance and many of us would like an 1800g BG with whatever sacrifices are necessary.

Asking for identical performance in lighter package is an unrealistic expectation totally agree. But that’s a silly request not one that anyone is making I don’t think? Touring skis are light by design and thus often delicate compared to their inbounds cousins.

if ON3P deviating from past philosophy is an unrealistic expectation, then yeah, I guess I am asking for something unrealistic.

it can def be done btw with sacrifices. The Wildcat Tour (116mm) and Atomic Bent (120mm) both weigh 1800g in tape-pull 189cm.

Quote Originally Posted by margotron View Post
    it can def be done btw with sacrifices. The Wildcat Tour (116mm) and Atomic Bent (120mm) both weigh 1800g in tape-pull 189cm.
    Are those skis coming in lower than the listed weights?

Moment says 1925g for 190 WC Tour.

Can't find weights for the 192 BC, only 184cm (for which the 1800g is given).
    Seriously, this can’t turn into yet another ON3P thread....

I think ON3P should make these un-ON3P skis under a different LLC/Brand called NON3P, and name them the WeightWeenies. This way, the TGR crowd gets what they want, and ON3P doesnt risk blowing their reputation for stiff, heavy, damp PNW-centric skis.

Fucks sake.

Nobody wants the heavy skis to go away.

The request is for a light build in a renowned shape... to COMPLIMENT the existing powerhouse build. It wouldn't harm the brand's reputation in the least to have the name on a light ski.

I'll continue to ride the resort with Lange 130s and solid-toe pivots on bamboo... fuckin stout.

Appropriate tools for the task, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Norseman View Post
    Fucks sake.

Nobody wants the heavy skis to go away.

The request is for a light build in a renowned shape... to COMPLIMENT the existing powerhouse build. It wouldn't harm the brand's reputation in the least to have the name on a light ski.

I'll continue to ride the resort with Lange 130s and solid-toe pivots on bamboo... fuckin stout.

Appropriate tools for the task, etc.
    Norse for prez - 2020