Page 170 of 594 FirstFirst ... 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 ... LastLast
Results 4,226 to 4,250 of 14839
    Quote Originally Posted by CLQ View Post
    I weigh 135lbs, i'm thinking that the kartel 108s are going to be to stiff. Maybe I should go with a softer, custom layup or an entirely different ski. What do you guys think?
    Don't know about kartels, but ON3P told me that they mostly reccomended softer glass, not softer carbon.

Softer glass would put the flex between stock and tour

Quote Originally Posted by mr_pretzel View Post
    Got out on some oldies today. Fun in the slush, man these love to go fast!

Attachment 234603
    Those were great, both in uncut and heavy crud. Sold mine last year though. Probably skied them 50-60 days, including 10 10-15 inch days in Japan in 2014

That being said, the newer Billygoats with RES float just as well, are more nimble, and far less cumbersome. Better in crusts as well.

Regret selling the last of my two OG ON3Ps though....

Edit: jeeeez, just realized that those are my old ones

Shout out to @N1CK.

Let me take his custom 184 BGs out today. Ullr delivered and gave >13” of soft goodness!!

Needless to say I am in love!! I found them very nimble and spun 3’s of pretty much any natural feature! I was hesitant to believe what people said about them — with a nice neutral stance they pivot on a dime in tight trees! Driving the tips made them feel squirley which took a couple of runs to adjust to but holy shit!

Stoke. Stoke. Stoke.

My poor wallet.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_8764.JPG 
Views:	167 
Size:	283.0 KB 
ID:	234670

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    Last edited by SkiLyft; 05-03-2018 at 04:28 PM.

You think they might be a little to short for a 5'11 guy? Honestly they are a womans ski but they do look to be the right amount of stiffness for me, might have to get them.
    Yeah too short. You should check stock to see if it works for you. Otherwise like others said hit the gym or go custom.

Quote Originally Posted by SkiLyft View Post

Stoke. Stoke. Stoke.
    man, did you pick a good day for a test drive
    glad you had fun and liked them. I told you!

Quote Originally Posted by sf View Post
    Those were great, both in uncut and heavy crud. Sold mine last year though. Probably skied them 50-60 days, including 10 10-15 inch days in Japan in 2014

That being said, the newer Billygoats with RES float just as well, are more nimble, and far less cumbersome. Better in crusts as well.

Regret selling the last of my two OG ON3Ps though....

Edit: jeeeez, just realized that those are my old ones
    Jupp those are yours!
    I love them, they’re like a much less refined BG that goes super fast.
    They are absolutley terrifying to put on edge and try to carve on ice groomers though. I’ve been bucked quite a bit haha

Just leaving this here...

Name:	IMG_1152.jpg 
Views:	255 
Size:	1.06 MB 
ID:	234679

how tall are you homes? gonna stick 184?
    Quote Originally Posted by SkiLyft View Post
    Shout out to @N1CK.

Let me take his custom 184 BGs out today. Ullr delivered and gave >13” of soft goodness!!

Needless to say I am in love!! I found them very nimble and spun 3’s of pretty much any natural feature! I was hesitant to believe what people said about them — with a nice neutral stance they pivot on a dime in tight trees! Driving the tips made them feel squirley which took a couple of runs to adjust to but holy shit!

Stoke. Stoke. Stoke.

My poor wallet.

Name:	IMG_8764.JPG 
Views:	167 
Size:	283.0 KB 
ID:	234670

Quote Originally Posted by margotron View Post
    how tall are you homes? gonna stick 184?
    6ft - 200lb.

I’m so torn... what will probably win this discussion is the spot the BGs will fill in the quiver. These will be my deep snow / tree ski. Based off what Nick said (skied the 189 vs 184) he felt similarly and for a ski dedicated for Goatin around in steep tight trees the 189 felt noticeably heavier and more cumbersome. Wish I could trial them vs K116 on a day like today. The K has a longer effective edge which makes me think it would not be as quick in trees.

need to detune my Wren 98's. hooky as fuck. have to pay attention to exactly where my edges are at every moment, can't chill and cruise for even a second.

ON3P SKIS Discussion

Something about those white customs w the black sidewalls.....

Ode to the ogClick image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_4154.JPG 
Views:	157 
Size:	1.35 MB 
ID:	234692
    Uno mas

Quote Originally Posted by Doremite View Post
    Something about those white customs w the black sidewalls.....

Ode to the ogClick image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_4154.JPG 
Views:	157 
Size:	1.35 MB 
ID:	234692
    Now those are OG...

Sent from my SM-G955U using TGR Forums mobile app

I weigh 135lbs, i'm thinking that the kartel 108s are going to be to stiff. Maybe I should go with a softer, custom layup or an entirely different ski. What do you guys think?
    A ski doesn't know how tall you are (unless we are talking extremes and at 5'11" you are not) but it does know how much you weigh.

I don't know if the Kartel is getting the slightly stiffer treatment for '19 that the Wren is getting: you may wish to contact ON3P and ask (because if that were the case getting a slightly softer custom '19 might be very close to just picking up a '17 or '18).

Also, as you are probably well aware, these measure true to length plus a bit more. So a 176 is going to measure about 176.5 straight pull and the 181: 181.5. Point is, buying the 176 would be like buying a big co's 180 and at your weight it may be right.
    Last edited by FlimFlamvanHam; 05-04-2018 at 12:09 PM. Reason: spelling

Quote Originally Posted by unpossible View Post

Nice binding color match.
    I ski 135 degree chutes switch to the road.

184 Steeple 108s continue to disappear in a cloud of fucking awesome under my feet after skiing them in a wide range of spring corn/schmoo/refreeze conditions the last couple weeks. I haven't dropped into anything that was steep and shiny, but I don't expect any ski would perform in such conditions. Anything at all edgeable has been fine. Variable 3d spring snow ranging from well-timed corn to over-cooked and then slightly refrozen corn has been easy and enjoyable. Two thumbs way up on these!

Quote Originally Posted by Reformed View Post
    184 Steeple 108s continue to disappear in a cloud of fucking awesome under my feet after skiing them in a wide range of spring corn/schmoo/refreeze conditions the last couple weeks. I haven't dropped into anything that was steep and shiny, but I don't expect any ski would perform in such conditions. Anything at all edgeable has been fine. Variable 3d spring snow ranging from well-timed corn to over-cooked and then slightly refrozen corn has been easy and enjoyable. Two thumbs way up on these!
    My fingers are crossed a pair of 179’s pop up somewhere. I’ve been amazed on how my 102’s pretty much ski anything on auto pilot. Funky or super deep is no problem. Surprising for a 102 waisted ski

ON3P SKIS Discussion

Quote Originally Posted by grinch View Post
    My fingers are crossed a pair of 179’s pop up somewhere. I’ve been amazed on how my 102’s pretty much ski anything on auto pilot. Funky or super deep is no problem. Surprising for a 102 waisted ski
    Do you mean something like these?
    https://www.tetongravity.com/forums/....php?p=5340432

Quote Originally Posted by Bruce Springskiin View Post
    I saw those. Thanks. The w98 is on a short list too. I’ve been eyeing up a new pair I’ve seen discounted . My post was for a 179 steeple 108 though

Anyone know what these are?

Name:	58FC1735-CC11-48D8-9E42-359F6ADBEB30.png 
Views:	122 
Size:	959.0 KB 
ID:	235144

Tychoons.

I've been having a fkn blast on my Tychoons this spring. They rip!

Been thinking that the new Wren 96 are looking kinda similar in dimensions, but with more tail rocker and probably a little stiffer. Both bi-radius, same waist.

Could the new skinny Wren be thought of as the next gen Tychoon? Or are the differences too great to bother with that "lineage" connection?

Quote Originally Posted by optics View Post
    Tychoons.
    Too funny.. they’re advertised as “touring, fat ski”. Thought something was off. Hoping maybe a vicik or wren112
    Thanks

Edit; just saw norsemans post. Now I wish they were shorter,I could use them. $100 Canadian on Kijiji if anyone’s interested. They measured them in inches.sounds like 184,s

ON3P SKIS Discussion

Quote Originally Posted by Norseman View Post
    I've been having a fkn blast on my Tychoons this spring. They rip!

Been thinking that the new Wren 96 are looking kinda similar in dimensions, but with more tail rocker and probably a little stiffer. Both bi-radius, same waist.

Could the new skinny Wren be thought of as the next gen Tychoon? Or are the differences too great to bother with that "lineage" connection?
    I could be wrong (iggy?) but I feel like my tychoons have a more business minded tail. Flatter, beefier.

Edit oh yeah. That’s what you said.

Quote Originally Posted by optics View Post
    I could be wrong (iggy?) but I feel like my tychoons have a more business minded tail. Flatter, beefier.

Edit oh yeah. That’s what you said.
    Yeah, pretty sure the Tychoons had the same tail rocker profile as the old Wren, which was much flatter.

You can kinda think of the Tychoon/Vicik/Wren as the Wren 96/108/114.

Quote Originally Posted by unpossible View Post

That outline looks surprisingly similar to the OG wren, same looking big squared tip, tapered tail and the proportions seem about right. A little more of a center mount on the Kartel there. Good looking ski